Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,443 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem (4258 Views)

Look At What PDP Published On Page 5 Of Today's Guardian News Paper. (photo) / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force / New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms (2) (3) (4)

Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nezan(m): 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2009
police? grin grin
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2009
@poster

is this the Nigeria police's idea of re-branding their image?
with poetry? angry
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by azorjiu(m): 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2009
reminds me of the melacholy of the poet in kofi awoonor's "the solitary reaper". the nigerian police need roja though.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nobody: 2:36am On Sep 20, 2009
Eyaaahhh.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 20, 2009
rotflmao Jakumo, you're such a case cheesy

Anoda Grammar Man done come o, Oga
And he no gree commot for him yanga moto

He dey halla say him go phone DPO
But me I don smell money for him pocket

Leave am, na by force he go fly down just now
After when my gun don misfire spoil him leg

Grammar man, Ooo grammar man, I beg make you no vex
Na stop and search we dey here o, and dem never pay we this month

Na last warning I dey jeje dey give you so
If you no wan sleep for back of counter

Come down and show how for weekend like correct man
Before OC say make dem sentence you forget.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 20, 2009
Rotflmao!!!
This certainly is "Wahala" at it highest of Orders.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2009
Tho the lines reeks of insincerity, all in all, it's not a bad poem. If only officers like these can be posted outside the force command then, maybe then they too can use thier talents to influence thier colleages. But that will be after the pay packages has been improved .
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by MrCrackles(m): 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2009
Topic
LMFAO!
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by emekagh(m): 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2009
As an upcoming poet myself, I think those police poems are nice. Some are very real and quite touching. Some are also comical. Re-branding by being  creative is a good one. Poems helps your appreciate a situation (and sometimes say sometime about you).

Big ups to the cops.

And courtesy of my blog,

http://extramantra..com

Enjoy  DEADLY CHATTER  (a police poem)

GORY TALE (I): DEADLY CHATTER

The men in black, cops they are
Nabbed him
An innocent bystander
Bloodshot eyes,
Of the ganja mongers,
Peek
From slits, and keyholes
The innocent squeaked, chattered,
Gesticulated
In futile protestation
The men in black pushed, dragged, hassled
The innocent

Blood shot eyes,
Peeked,
Ominously

Then he clattered
The innocent
Bright red blood, oozed
Kissing the red earth
From his head wound
The men in black, five in all
All awed, all froze

Bloodshot eyes,
Reddened
By the red sight
Emerged from
Nooks and crannies
With cudgel, and all
Deadly chatters, shrieks, and groans
Rend the air
Shattered by gunshots
By the men in black
Two in all
Fleeing to tell
The gory tale

http://extramantra..com/2009/08/gory-tale-i-deadly-chatter_03.html
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2009
As much as I detest the Nigerian police, I'll still laud the compser cos putting down a poem ain't sth everyone can do.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by mamagee6(f): 11:05pm On Sep 20, 2009
*shakes heaed and spits on the face of a police officer* tongue
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by pcicero(m): 12:39am On Sep 21, 2009
Apt title: The Lamentations of a Policeman.

I can understand his frustrations. He sits in an office where the actions elude him. I recommend immediate redeployment to the "stop and search unit". I am sure by the time he works there for a month he would be having regular meetings with his account Officers in a beer parlour enjoying Isi- Esu and Gulder.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by sexyLeamon(f): 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2009
roflma this stuff is funny grin grin grin grin
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by eeguru: 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2009
the poem is literally sound. its also a very good way of expessing the challanges, dangers and woes he experiences as he does his duties as a Nigerian police and he is perfectly right.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Allta(m): 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2009

We're not here to count bridges.
You know that's a fact

Here comes a fat cat
posing in his Mercedes Benz

I'll lock and load my gat
And we'll see where this all ends

Pull over my friend, or woe betide
'Cause I'm in no mood for joking

You sit there in your cool ride
While I stand in the sun smoking

Is that cash in your trunk ?
Well you know what that means, don't you

I'm taking a fat cut, and don't give me no bunk
The last guy who said no, dropped dead with a thunk

To the winner go the spoils
And your money is mine with no toils

Play it smart and cool, and you just might get home
Play it dumb and hard, and they'll never find your bones

Sgt. Dongoyaro Abubakar Mumuuuni

Men, I laugh so te, my eyes dey cry red self. Time to go join the most prestigious force in West Africa. Police Academy, here I come!! rotflmao
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy shocked grin cheesy shocked grin cheesy shocked
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by canuck(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
@emeka_gh

Nice retort grin
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Virgo83(m): 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2009
this is neither funny nor serious: to me, I kept looking till the 2 Hrs time I bought at the Cafe run out. Short of words. Love the Poem.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by JOSEPHOKO(m): 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2009
THEY IS NOTHING AS FUNNY AS THIS, wink WHEN DID THE NIGERIAN POLICEMEN BECOME POETS.

E DON HAPPEN, WONDERS SHALL NEVER END O!!
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Riskmore: 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2011
To those who are quick to open their mouths and condemn the police may I ask what you have done to make the police better. You are sitted there looking for more lucrative jobs and you are expecting other peoples children to do your dirty jobs for you. Sorry, it doesnt work that way. You(the good people) have all avoided the Force for so long that you left it to the never-do-wells, NFA's and outcasts. So what do you expect-glories! "Be the Policeman you want to see!" otherwise appreciate what you have, is not the best but make it better.

Electricity Tariff To Rise By Over 50%? / Woman Alleged To Be SSS Beheaded/slaughtered By Boko-haram Members [video+photo] / BREAKING NEWS: President Jonahtan Gives A Decisive Speech On Election Shift.