Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem (4256 Views)

Look At What PDP Published On Page 5 Of Today's Guardian News Paper. (photo) / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force / New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by canuck(m): 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2009
What irony!

LAMENTATION OF A POLICEMAN

Gloomily sit I, gazing afar;
Gazing afar, far ahead,
Today again, just like yesterday,
My comrade died or is killed!
Yes, Today like yesterday;
A widow, an orphan is made, clear.
O! Death why more my clan, the police!
For why do you strike me, alone!
Yet I must smile and work,
Not minding the scorn,
Forget also the ridicule,
Not even the outright, assault.
Protect the society, I must, a must!
Yet another comrade must lie;
Buried, buried and forgotten.
For how long this sadness must continue!
Thus lament I the police.

By CSP Lawan Jimeta
Peacekeeping Department, FHQ, Abuja
14th August, 2009

Source: http://www.nigeriapolice.org/index.php?view=category&id=23 (Scroll to the bottom of the page)
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2009
roflmao !!!!!  grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin That a policeman wrote that makes it hard for me to take it seriously !!! Roflmao!!!

I half expected a poem on why they need to collect bribe or something of that sort.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by chic2pimp(m): 5:19am On Sep 19, 2009
Hehehehe grin grin grin grin SEE ME SEE TROUBLE OOOO cheesy grin grin grin *Shakes His Head* . WONDERS SHALL NEVER END.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 19, 2009
Poem is horrible. like a primary school kid wrote it undecided
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Jakumo(m): 5:41am On Sep 19, 2009
We're not here to count bridges.
You know that's a fact 

Here comes a fat cat
posing in his Mercedes Benz

I'll lock and load my gat
And we'll see where this all ends

Pull over my friend, or woe betide
'Cause I'm in no mood for joking

You sit there in your cool ride
While I stand in the sun smoking

Is that cash in your trunk ?
Well you know what that means, don't you

I'm taking a fat cut, and don't give me no bunk
The last guy who said no, dropped dead with a thunk

To the winner go the spoils
And your money is mine with no toils

Play it smart and cool, and you just might get home
Play it dumb and hard, and they'll never find your bones

Sgt. Dongoyaro Abubakar Mumuuuni
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 19, 2009
rotflmao grin grin grin grin
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by bawomolo(m): 6:17am On Sep 19, 2009
jakumo o grin grin
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by kabola2009(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2009
their is no any line in the poem that talk about 20 naira lol
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by chosen04(f): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2009
canuck:

What irony!

LAMENTATION OF A POLICEMAN

My comrade died or is killed!

A widow, an orphan is made, clear.
O! Death why more my clan, the police!

Yet another comrade must lie;
Buried, buried and forgotten.
For how long this sadness must continue!
Thus lament I the police.

By CSP Lawan Jimeta
Peacekeeping Department, FHQ, Abuja
14th August, 2009

Source: http://www.nigeriapolice.org/index.php?view=category&id=23 (Scroll to the bottom of the page)

My comrade died or is killed!=====Just like fellow innocent civilians are killed by your people

A widow, an orphan is made, clea[/b]r.==== U make us orphans, we pray same for your household
O[b]! Death why more my clan, the police
!===== Are u asking the "APO 6"

Yet another comrade must lie;==== Cos of the bribe he just/once collected??
Buried, buried and forgotten.======IF only bribe takers can make HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!
For how long this sadness must continue!=== Until u are ready to treat us like fellow citizens

Thus lament I the police.=====Is that y u are OUR FRIEND?
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by slap1(m): 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2009
As a poet, I can tell u I like d poem. But d lies are just many.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by slap1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2009
As a poet, I can tell u I like d poem. But d lies are just too many.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by slap1(m): 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2009
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by slap1(m): 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2009
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by nex(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2009
The poetry is not really bad. The guy tried. The fact he's a policeman doesn't mean he can't know art. Besides, we write for reasons and he was directing the poem at his colleagues.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by bibiking1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2009
Nice poem, but senseless to my plight
insensitive to my understanding
and utterly meaningless to current situations!
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by deezah(f): 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2009
nex:

The poetry is not really bad. The guy tried. The fact he's a policeman doesn't mean he can't know art. Besides, we write for reasons and he was directing the poem at his colleagues.

Thank you, Nex. Why can't we just overlook the fact that he's a policeman and appreciate the seriousness of the poem and the pathetic plight of the Nigerian policeman who are supposed to be well taken care of since they are put in charge of the country's security?? This does not mean that i justify the atrocities they perpetuate in the course of their "duty".
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2009
poem ko,poem ni

read that to all the innocent victims of NPF and see how they appreciate the art
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by slap1(m): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2009
Dis lamentation should, infact, be shown 2 Umaru. D police welfare shud be improved. I don't always blame d police most times: to whom much is given, much is expected. . . and vice-versa. . .
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by okeey(m): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2009
ha,wht dey will later not make use
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by kok(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2009
Nice poem! If only every member of the police can appreciate their individual talent and take it upon themselves to with-hold their integrity, we would have a better force. But majority of them dont even know what the job "as a police" entails. Its all about the money!
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by villous(m): 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2009
an idle is a poem workshop,help me ask   this guy  may be no any file on his table
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by AloyEmeka6: 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2009
At least a policeman wrote a poem in english and not pidgin. When I saw the thread, I thought the title will start with : Oga wetin you carry.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by slap1(m): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2009
@ villous. U made little sense. Ever had heard of d word MUSE? Ever had it come knocking?
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Anabel(f): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2009
are we asking them to write a poem or to catch thieves.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by janedoe(f): 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2009
My comrade dies or is killed!?are you frigging kidding me?That line should read:"My comrade kills or kills some more!
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Jakumo(m): 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

At least a policeman wrote a poem in english and not pidgin. When I saw the thread, I thought the title will start with : Oga wetin you carry.

Anoda Grammar Man done come o, Oga
And he no gree commot for him yanga moto

He dey halla say him go phone DPO
But me I don smell money for him pocket

Leave am, na by force he go fly down just now
After when my gun don misfire spoil him leg

Grammar man, Ooo grammar man, I beg make you no vex
Na stop and search we dey here o, and dem never pay we this month

Na last warning I dey jeje dey give you so
If you no wan sleep for back of counter

Come down and show how for weekend like correct man
Before OC  say make dem sentence you forget.
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by mustafar1: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2009
JAKUMo grin grin grin
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2009
lmao ;d
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by DisGuy: 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2009
Jakumo jakumo!!! Lament you!!

Please lets all note, we loose policemen everyday in nigeria these people are fathers, mohers, uncle sister etc etc

its quite unfortunate we don't really have time to appreciate them the country jaga jaga and their service sef  lipsrsealed
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by bawomolo(m): 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2009
Jakumo:

Anoda Grammar Man done come o, Oga
And he no gree commot for him yanga moto

He dey halla say him go phone DPO
But me I don smell money for him pocket

Leave am, na by force he go fly down just now
After when my gun don misfire spoil him leg

Grammar man, Ooo grammar man, I beg make you no vex
Na stop and search we dey here o, and dem never pay we this month

Na last warning I dey jeje dey give you so
If you no wan sleep for back of counter

Come down and show how for weekend like correct man
Before OC  say make dem sentence you forget.

dead

Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by ridgeman: 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2009
DAMN! I think these poems are good. I like the fact that there is no overdone grammer and they are actually realistic!
Re: See Wahala: Nigeria Police Force's Published Poem by bgees(m): 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2009
Jakumo:

We're not here to count bridges.
You know that's a fact

Here comes a fat cat
posing in his Mercedes Benz

I'll lock and load my gat
And we'll see where this all ends

Pull over my friend, or woe betide
'Cause I'm in no mood for joking

You sit there in your cool ride
While I stand in the sun smoking

Is that cash in your trunk ?
Well you know what that means, don't you

I'm taking a fat cut, and don't give me no bunk
The last guy who said no, dropped dead with a thunk

To the winner go the spoils
And your money is mine with no toils

Play it smart and cool, and you just might get home
Play it dumb and hard, and they'll never find your bones

Sgt. Dongoyaro Abubakar Mumuuuni

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: President Jonahtan Gives A Decisive Speech On Election Shift. / Breaking News Good News 4 Pdp / Buhari's Message To Elected Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.