Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences (22732 Views)

Horrible! Two Kids Burnt To Death In Mysterious Fire Outbreak In Ondo State / NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by UniqueGem(m): 11:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
Justiceotuya:
Nimc should do and give us our ID card na. It's getting to three years now and no sign of it showing. Their NIN slip is useless as p in psychology.

Talking 3 years to do card as if it will give us automatic entry to heaven
I thought the slip could be used anywhere in place of the permanent card.
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Euroadams: 12:16am On Jul 30, 2016
WOW
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Euroadams: 12:19am On Jul 30, 2016
NOTED
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by MrCEO69(m): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Nice...its advisable for everyone to hva e an identification card,because the way police dey use people chop for lagos no be here...abeg its just 300 naira do one!!!

What id show i put if am not a student and i dnt work?
Family ID card!
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by biggiedol: 12:27am On Jul 30, 2016
But which ID card is advisable to carry always, if not employed and not business of your, you are an applicant, because Nigeria police will tell you anybody can have National ID card and the likes, so can one have personal ID?
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:32am On Jul 30, 2016
computerboy:
OP You're on point but the issue is that everything in this country is hard.
There are few recognized IDs in Nigeria and you can't get them easily or cheaply.

Voter's card : Civil war to get one
National ID : Jesus might come first before that ID card
Driver's license : What of the car-less ones?
International passport : How will you spend such an amount when you're not planning to go abroad?
buhahahahahahahahaha...ri!

True observation! Everything for this country is frustrating , its like the stress is not worth it. Even common SmellyVagina is useless to hustle for now.
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by chiefojiji(m): 12:46am On Jul 30, 2016
I pray u won't forget it when going to heaven.... grin grin
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 30, 2016
so on point, my pman lays much importance on it tho..
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Afoskalex(m): 2:14am On Jul 30, 2016
Some people might not understand the importance of ID until they have important transaction in bank, there was a time some amount of money was transferred into our secretary's account and when it was time for her to transfer the money backthe bank requested for statutory ID card which she didnt have, she has to go and do International passport before she could do the transaction.
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by xreal: 2:23am On Jul 30, 2016
emmymdk:
I always wear mine like a necklace because I have being a victim of security personnel brutality because of no authentic identification of who I claimed I was...

that shouldn't be a use of ID card in a civilised country.
I guess you meant the police....seeing you alone tells that you are Nigerian, that should worth a hundred ID cards.
Police will never protect an ordinary nigerian citizen, they will rather brutalize.
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Shobizz(m): 5:46am On Jul 30, 2016
Order for your Id Card now b4 story dat touch d heart happen 2u
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by miqos02(m): 6:27am On Jul 30, 2016
kellyJames5:
just like the National i.d card that is being issued now, most people won't bother getting theirs but i foresee the possibility of voting with National i.d card in the very near future instead of PVC.
have u gotten urs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by obiak4(m): 6:34am On Jul 30, 2016
kellyJames5:
just like the National i.d card that is being issued now, most people won't bother getting theirs but i foresee the possibility of voting with National i.d card in the very near future instead of PVC.
Mr seer Abeg help us see when the change go come
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by babz11(m): 7:54am On Jul 30, 2016
I was coming from ife oau, got stranded at at ojodu begger, and and am still going to ikotun egbe. I tried begging people for transport, i felt it seems no one will help because its happening to me for the first time. I stood close to an hour, confuse. I decide to start trecking to Agege because i hav friends there which am very sure i will get money from when i get there. Then i noticed i was hungary and tired, then i realized trecking is not an option for me. Then i asked for the Agbero chairman from a boy at the park, i was directed to him, i explained things to him. He asked me if truly am a student of the school i claimed, i should tender my I.D Card, at that moment i was happy, i show him my i.ds. He ordered his boys to put me in a bus going to Ikotun and gave me an extra 1k. Since then anytime i went to the park to say Thank u to to the man, am always getting a free ride to my house and some change... Take ur I.Ds with u. It always Help....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Justiceotuya(m): 8:10am On Jul 30, 2016
UniqueGem:
I thought the slip could be used anywhere in place of the permanent card.
Not when you want to verify your account online
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by kellyJames5(m): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2016
miqos02:
have u gotten urs?
waiting for mine.
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Sasuwa(f): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2016
Do nysc have id card.
leshluap:
And whenever you carry your ID, always make sure you write your number on a small paper and put it inside the card holder. so when you mistakenly drop or forget it somewhere, locating you will be easier faster. During my service year, I forgot my nysc ID card inside a bus in benin. The driver called my next of kin ( my brother in Akure.) number written at d back of the card. that one called me and send me the drivers number. since then I have been having my own number on a paper at d corner of my ID holder.
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by kellyJames5(m): 8:23am On Jul 30, 2016
obiak4:
Mr seer Abeg help us see when the change go come
But the change is already here.
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by harrysjones(m): 8:32am On Jul 30, 2016
even in my work place id card is important.. NO ID CARD nO ENTRY..... even in ikeja.. some police will stop u.. demanding ur id card.. if u cant provide it.. na oyo u dey ooooo
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by uppa(m): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2016
Respect55:
I just lost mine today with my wallet and some other valuables inside d wallet. On a day like this, u begin to work dear if it is even wise to carry such valuables around.

Feeling sad
All I did was to make a coloured photocopies of all my id cards, cut them into sizes and laminated. I kept all the originals at home, so even if I lost my wallet, I can pick up the originals and make copies again. you can try that too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by teacherbim(f): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2016
MrCEO69:

What id show i put if am not a student and i dnt work?
Family ID card!

How old are you pls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by uppa(m): 8:42am On Jul 30, 2016
Sasuwa:
Do nysc have id card.
what? are you for real?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 30, 2016
Cool
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Respect55(m): 8:52am On Jul 30, 2016
uppa:
All I did was to make a coloured photocopies of all my id cards, cut them into sizes and laminated. I kept all the originals at home, so even if I lost my wallet, I can pick up the originals and make copies again. you can try that too.
U have a nice point there. Madness bin wan enter my head dat yesterday
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Abduletudaye(m): 9:15am On Jul 30, 2016
Please i have a drivers license and a permanent voters card.

Where can i enroll for a national identity card?

Its urgent.. kiss
Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by obiak4(m): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2016
kellyJames5:

But the change is already here.
All i See is chain you see change are you a Zombies? Just asking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by uppa(m): 9:43am On Jul 30, 2016
Respect55:

U have a nice point there. Madness bin wan enter my head dat yesterday
sorry bro!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by UniqueGem(m): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2016
Justiceotuya:
Not when you want to verify your account online
Oh, okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by shiffynaani(m): 9:55am On Jul 30, 2016
kellyJames5:
pls how can i get my national i.d card

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences by Abduletudaye(m): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2016
shiffynaani:
pls how can i get my national i.d card

How can i get too??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / Some Very Bitter Pills To Swallow / Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.