Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:16 PM

How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria (101774 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues / Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Pick Up Online, / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by RapportNaija(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2017
The Nigerian Federal Government agency, National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has a mandate to ensure all citizens of Nigeria possess a National identity (ID) card. There is an enrollment process in place where citizens of Nigeria can walk into any of NIMC centres to register for their National ID card. This National ID card is meant to identify citizens and to avoid illegal immigrants in the country.

What is a National ID card?

A national identity card is a portable document (which is a typically plasticized card with digital embedded information) that each resident or citizen of a country is issued and required to carry as a means of identification.

The NIMC has created an easy process for everyone who participated in the enrollment to check if their permanent plastic ID card is available. The way created to check for availability of National ID card for collection is a web portal.

Below are the requirements to check your card availability status:

1. Laptop or Smartphone (Android, iOS, Windows, etc.)
2. Internet connection (with enough internet data)
3. Full name (First and Last)
4. Last 6 digits of your ID number (remember, the number consist 11 digits and can be found on your Temporary ID card {paper printout}, 14673******)
5. Knowledge of internet usage

Now that we know the requirements, all we need to look at now is how to check your card availability status online. As soon as you finish this process, you will be notified if your National ID card is ready for collection.

Below are steps to check online:

Step 1: Visit this link --- https://touch.nimc.gov.ng

Step 2: Scroll down and click the button that says "Click to proceed" once.

Once you click that, you would be taken to a page where you will be required to fill your enrollment details into a form.

Step 3: The next thing to do is to fill in your details into the form. Correctly input your ‘First name’, ‘Last name’, and your ‘Last six National ID card number’.

Step 4: When you are done, click on the button at the end of the form, "CHECK NOW”, and your National ID card status will be displayed.

As you can see in the image, this card is not yet ready for collection, so that is how the notification message will be displayed.

Source: http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/05/how-to-check-nimc-national-idcard.html

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by RapportNaija(m): 2:31pm On May 17, 2017
Please push to FTP mynd44 lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by sagerasaq: 2:35pm On May 17, 2017
Tanx dude

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by nerodenero: 2:40pm On May 17, 2017
Just checked and as expected, card is not ready. I hope it'd be ready before the second coming of Jesus Christgrin.

Can we ever get anything right in this country?

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Lawalemi(m): 5:04pm On May 17, 2017
What's the point in rushing to check again when it's always not ready since 2013.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by drey08(m): 5:05pm On May 17, 2017
hmm
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by rabonni(m): 5:05pm On May 17, 2017
How do we reg
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Lilaex: 5:06pm On May 17, 2017
grin
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by blym4real: 5:07pm On May 17, 2017
Stupid agency, card not ready since 2012. Don't know if they are producing the card from planet Mars.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by ClaraJ(f): 5:07pm On May 17, 2017
Very educative! Keep writing @Op

5 Things you probably didn't know about Obudu (they will blow your mind)>>>https://www.nairaland.com/3804123/amazing-facts-obudu-michael-uzoma
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Lilaex: 5:07pm On May 17, 2017
cheesy
RapportNaija:
The Nigerian Federal Government agency, National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has a mandate to ensure all citizens of Nigeria possess a National identity (ID) card. There is an enrollment process in place where citizens of Nigeria can walk into any of NIMC centres to register for their National ID card. This National ID card is meant to identify citizens and to avoid illegal immigrants in the country.

What is a National ID card?

A national identity card is a portable document (which is a typically plasticized card with digital embedded information) that each resident or citizen of a country is issued and required to carry as a means of identification.

The NIMC has created an easy process for everyone who participated in the enrollment to check if their permanent plastic ID card is available. The way created to check for availability of National ID card for collection is a web portal.

Below are the requirements to check your card availability status:

1. Laptop or Smartphone (Android, iOS, Windows, etc.)
2. Internet connection (with enough internet data)
3. Full name (First and Last)
4. Last 6 digits of your ID number (remember, the number consist 11 digits and can be found on your Temporary ID card {paper printout}, 14673******)
5. Knowledge of internet usage

Now that we know the requirements, all we need to look at now is how to check your card availability status online. As soon as you finish this process, you will be notified if your National ID card is ready for collection.

Below are steps to check online:

Step 1: Visit this link --- https://touch.nimc.gov.ng

Step 2: Scroll down and click the button that says "Click to proceed" once.

Once you click that, you would be taken to a page where you will be required to fill your enrollment details into a form.

Step 3: The next thing to do is to fill in your details into the form. Correctly input your ‘First name’, ‘Last name’, and your ‘Last six National ID card number’.

Step 4: When you are done, click on the button at the end of the form, "CHECK NOW”, and your National ID card status will be displayed.

As you can see in the image, this card is not yet ready for collection, so that is how the notification message will be displayed.

Source: http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/05/how-to-check-nimc-national-idcard.html
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by BabaCommander: 5:08pm On May 17, 2017
Tired of waiting for this card. 4yrs and still counting... Nigeria is a huge joke.

23 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by PqsMike: 5:08pm On May 17, 2017
Ooh.....that's a good one..

few thousands can get u a design like this
Contact me: projectqsmichael@gmail.com
Or
check here
https://www.nairaland.com/3548486/outstanding-classic-architectural-designs-newhome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by NairalandCS(m): 5:08pm On May 17, 2017
Will it ever be ready ? angry
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by eodavids(m): 5:08pm On May 17, 2017
This is enlightening. Tnx
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by jBama(f): 5:08pm On May 17, 2017
Interesting thread
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Milly02(m): 5:08pm On May 17, 2017
Naija for show, after about 3years card is still not ready.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by gergemam: 5:08pm On May 17, 2017
i checked.... Card has been disposed till further notice

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by ajalawole(m): 5:08pm On May 17, 2017
This one na waste of MB ooo sad

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 17, 2017
rubish... in advanced countries you get ur ID card immediately.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by chuksjuve(m): 5:09pm On May 17, 2017
I just came to book a space...
check my signature to know what we do!!
thanks..
I'm out
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by chuksjuve(m): 5:09pm On May 17, 2017
thanks..
I'm out
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 17, 2017
Not ready since 3 years ago! Chai! I should have greased some palms that day sad
thanks..
I'm out
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by olaadesie(m): 5:09pm On May 17, 2017
Papsey!!! Godbless
we no need fucking national ID.. Nigeria is hell fire..join us if u have the guts! the Mediterranean boys on the move..Arriverderci

8 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 17, 2017
Maybe by 2020, my own go ready! undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by ajalawole(m): 5:11pm On May 17, 2017
nerodenero:
Just checked and as expected, card is not ready. I hope it'd be ready before the second coming of Jesus Christgrin.

Can we ever get anything right in this country?
if national ID card is requirement to enter heaven nko. How many Nigerian's will make it cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 17, 2017
No need for me to waste data, i registered last 2 months ago. My own will likely be ready in the 2028

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transparent Glass Public Toilet That Becomes Opaque When Occupied In Tokyo(Pics) / Nairaland News & Gossips / The Tallest Man And Woman Ever In The World (photos And Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.