Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis (28809 Views)

The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them / Murtala As Leader Of The July 1966 Mutiny Wanted The North To Seccede / The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by EmeritusMbaM: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
[s]
pazienza:
. Then Ironsi came down. Meanwhile soldiers were coming in through the main door. Before they saw the Head of State, they told my brother, ‘Give us Ironsi, we want Ironsi. Give us Ironsi, we want Ironsi.’ Then my brother said to them, ‘No, you cannot take him, he is my guest. Why didn’t you take him in Lagos or elsewhere? You cannot take him here. If you are taking him, then you are taking me along.’ At that time, Ironsi was already coming down. The soldiers then went to him and picked him up.
That was how the two of them were taken away from the Government House. The soldiers seized the police vehicle that came to drop those on morning shift and took the two of them in it

How long do Yorubas think they could continue repeating these lies?

Woman, your Husband didn't die protecting Ironsi, he couldn't protect Ironsi even if he wanted, He died because he was implicated in the January coup and secondly he was the one pushing for Nzeogwu and co to be allowed to go Scot free.

[/s]

Get away with your wicked lies. You are back again to spread your foolishness here, were not the shameless coward that promised never to come back on nairaland. Typical loudmouthed Ibo man. You were all born to lie just to deceive the gullibles, same way your Abijan coward hero killed Victor Banjo. You guys are evil.

3 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by EmeritusMbaM: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
[s]
pazienza:
Fajuiyi was marked for death by the July coup plotters. He was even more wanted than Ironsi.
He was in support of Nzeogwu and co actions, and he did all within his limits to protect them from Ironsi prosecution when the coup failed.

This lie of trying to make a martyr of Fajuiyi to avoid answering the question of why Yorubas never challenged the North for murdering a Yoruba military governor in Yorubaland will never be accepted as the truth, no matter how long Yorubas repeat this lie. Cause we know the truth, and the truth remains that Fajuiyi a Yoruba military governor was murdered in Yorubaland by Northern soldiers for his sins, which includes being in support of the Jan Coup and shading the Jan Coup plotters from prosecution when the coup failed.
[/s]

This wicked liar is here again. Shame on you.

5 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by mysteryman2014: 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
Lifestone:
It's naive for both Adekunle and Aguiyi not to have known that something sinister would soon happen expecially in Abeokuta and Ibadan axix.
It was well documented that the Northern officers led by Muritala and Danjuma have stopped taking orders from superiors who are ibos and resentments on the first coup were at the highest level. It was also obvious from the ease of the execution of the mutiny that both the Head of State and his host were careless about their personal safety given what was happening at that particular period.
The weakness of Aguiyi created the atmosphere for the revenge attacks on Ibo officers, his own personal death and the slaughter of Ibos in the north and altimately the civil war.
What Nigeria needed at that period in time was a leader who can stand firm, smart enough to heal the wounds of the January coup. For instance, why was there no immediate trial and execution of the coup plotters? Why was there no mass arrest of all participants both military and civilians? All these omissions among others led to the resentments that Aguiyi was simpathetic to the coup plotters, probably because they are mainly of the Igbo origin

Well said, analytic and on point. The bedrock of humanity is justice. The country continues to disintegrate due lack of justice. Can we ever get it right, something keeps telling me we ve lost the opportunity generally. Sad

1 Like

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by EmeritusMbaM: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2016
femi4:
Just listen to yourself, who will believe your story when the bereaved family is talking

That guy is a devil that lie shamelessly. They are ready to blame others for there evil deed. They killed Victor Banjo and still blame the man after fighting for there Biafra crap. Soyinka was jailed cos of Biafra and they still curse and insult the man daily. Awolowo's only sin is refusing to take his own people to slaughter ground, I just hate these people and there lies.

4 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by bakynes(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
pazienza:

The way I see it, logically speaking, the coup was an Awe coup.
These are why:

1, The Coup plotters said that the ultimate aim of the coup was to install Awo as the president.

2, Awo until January 1966 coup was the only other man in recorded Nigerian history to have attempted to overthrow a seating government, he was found guilty of treason and imprisoned for that.

3, Awo is the person who has the most rational motive to want Akintola, Saraduna and Ahmadu Bello dead. The three of them rendered him politically useless and he would have rotted in prison ala Abiola style, if the Jan Coup didn't happen. Akintola, Balewa and Bello all ended up dead in the January coup, coincidence? I don't think so.

4, Any iota of Awo's capability in staging a hostile take over had been obliterated by his failed attempt to usurp IBB, that ultimately led to his demise.

According to the Documentary i watched he was imprisoned for corruption, using State funds to fund his party the Action Group( AG) and not for treason. Why did you deliberately leave Azikiwe out of the mix of people who rendered him politically useless. It is well recorded Zik formes an alliance with the North to form the NCNC party. Guy try lie small small and to gullible folks not me.

2 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by pazienza(m): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
Captain Nwankwo an Igbo man from Izzi in Ebonyi state was Ironsi ADC and was present when Ironsi and Fajuiyi were arrested, thanks to him, we know the true story, though even without him, we already knew the full story.

See this thread for Nwankwo account: www.nairaland.com/1076677/real-story-how-lt.col-fajuyi

3 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by EmeritusMbaM: 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
[s]
pazienza:

The way I see it, logically speaking, the coup was an Awe coup.
These are why:

1, The Coup plotters said that the ultimate aim of the coup was to install Awo as the president.

2, Awo until January 1966 coup was the only other man in recorded Nigerian history to have attempted to overthrow a seating government, he was found guilty of treason and imprisoned for that.

3, Awo is the person who has the most rational motive to want Akintola, Saraduna and Ahmadu Bello dead. The three of them rendered him politically useless and he would have rotted in prison ala Abiola style, if the Jan Coup didn't happen. Akintola, Balewa and Bello all ended up dead in the January coup, coincidence? I don't think so.

4, Any iota of Awo's capability in staging a hostile take over had been obliterated by his failed attempt to usurp IBB, that ultimately led to his demise.

[/s]

Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by femi4: 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:

That guy is a devil that lie shamelessly. They are ready to blame others for there evil deed. They killed Victor Banjo and still blame the man after fighting for there Biafra crap. Soyinka was jailed cos of Biafra and they still curse and insult the man daily. Awolowo's only sin is refusing to take his own people to slaughter ground, I just hate these people and there lies.
They are self centered and not appreciative

4 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by seunmsg(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
MyFlair:

Why call 1966 coup Igbo coup? I think this is simply military coup. Why not call babagida and buhari's coup Hausa coup?

The July 1966 coup was called a northern counter coup and nobody has ever denied that it wasn't so. Ibos need to stop denying the fact that the January 1966 coup was an ethnic cleansing coup orchestrated by them.

7 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by EmeritusMbaM: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
[s]
pazienza:
Captain Nwankwo an Igbo man from Izzi in Ebonyi state was Ironsi ADC and was present when Ironsi and Fajuiyi were arrested, thanks to him, we know the true story, though even without him, we already knew the full story.

See this thread for Nwankwo account: www.nairaland.com/1076677/real-story-how-lt.col-fajuyi
[/s]

Wicked liar. Iboes are known for blaming others for there woes. They will never accept any mistakes, the pedophile ojukwu whose cursed soul will rot in hell killed Victor Banjo after fighting for your cursed Biafra yet you Iboes mock and curse Banjo till date. You are all wicked than the devil.

9 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by oglalasioux(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
Fajuyi was part of the first coup. He didn't have a choice of going with Ironsi or staying. The coup plotters had pencilled him out for elimination.

4 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by EmeritusMbaM: 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
femi4:
They are self centered and not appreciative

Just watch how they will attack Fayose, FFK and co soon or in the future. They killed Victor Banjo and still insult the man till date. I hate devilish and greedy people.

5 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by bakynes(m): 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
seunmsg:

The July 1966 coup was called a northern counter coup and nobody has ever denied that it wasn't so. Ibos need to stop denying the fact that the January 1966 coup was an ethnic cleansing coup orchestrated by them.

Your head dey there my brother, All right thinking Yorubas and other Nigerians musy join hands to counter Nairaland igbos lies.

6 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by seunmsg(m): 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
pazienza:
[s]Captain Nwankwo an Igbo man from Izzi in Ebonyi state was Ironsi ADC and was present when Ironsi and Fajuiyi were arrested, thanks to him, we know the true story, though even without him, we already knew the full story.
See this thread for Nwankwo account: www.nairaland.com/1076677/real-story-how-lt.col-fajuy[/s]i

Lies!

Just yesterday, Ironsi's wife granted an interview to set the record straight. Her son was in Ibadan when everything happened and he confirmed the fact that Fajuyi insisted on being arrested with Ironsi. Lying won't change the truth ok.

https://www.nairaland.com/3255834/many-months-didnt-know-husband

4 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
seunmsg:

There is no reason arguing with u, but note tht there is no way the coup would hv succeeded to extent it did with only Igbo officers.
Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by ilovetheline: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
bakynes:

See i term it igbo coup and yes i am Yoruba. It is you who refuse to accept logical reasoning into your brain. How is it possible for the coup plotters to accuse the then Politicians of Corruption and when they decided to flush them out they left out Micheal Okpara the then Eastern Premier.How come Azikwe decided to take his vacation at that period(Ifeajuwa was Zik's cousin). So it was only the Leaders of the North (Balewa, Bello), West (Akintola)and Mid-West (Okotie-Eboh) that were corrupt and deserved death. See if you have decided to lie to logical reasoning because of tribal affiliation then you are just a dead man alive.
ask your elders first if Zik was corrupt
Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by hefelove(m): 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:

Just watch how they will attack Fayose, FFK and co soon or in the future. They killed Victor Banjo and still insult the man till date. I hate devilish and greedy people.
bro are u an igbo guy cos of ur moniker
Well I don't know anything about all this u all have been saying have been reading comments to learn
Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by ilovetheline: 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
seunmsg:

ask them if they deny it or can deny, logically
Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by EmeritusMbaM: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
hefelove:

bro are u an igbo guy cos of ur moniker
Well I don't know anything about all this u all have been saying have been reading comments to learn

My moniker is just a moniker. I am not Iboe and have never claimed to be Iboe. I just hate how these guys are rewriting history and even blaming everyone. Victor Banjo fought for Biafra, he was killed by Ojukwu and Iboes still mock and curse him today. Wole Soyinka was jailed cos of Biafra and Iboes still curse him till today, have you ever hear or see Yorubas kill them before yet they blame them for everything affecting there pathetic life.

3 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by pazienza(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
seunmsg:

Lies!

Just yesterday, Ironsi's wife granted an interview to set the record straight. Her son was in Ibadan when everything happened and he confirmed the fact that Fajuyi insisted on being arrested with Ironsi. Lying won't change the truth ok.

https://www.nairaland.com/3255834/many-months-didnt-know-husband

Lol! How exactly will Ironsi son and Widow looking for FG ass to kiss to corner FG contracts know what happened in an Event they were not present at?

I should leave Nwankwo's authentic narration of the story and take those of Ironsi widow that was no where near the scene during Ironsi last moments? I na afukwanum.

Even Ademoyega in the book " Why we struck" Explained Fajuyi's role in the coup and why he was murdered by Northerners.

You can read about it here, from Omogui, though I don't I agree with most Lies coming from Omogui against Bia***, but on Fajuiyi, he was spot: www.waado.org/nigerdelta/nigeria_facts/MilitaryRule/Omoigui/NorthCounterCoup.htm

5 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by hefelove(m): 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:

My moniker is just a moniker. I am not Iboe and have never claimed to be Iboe. I just hate how these guys are rewriting history and even blaming everyone. Victor Banjo fought for Biafra, he was killed by Ojukwu and Iboes still mock and curse him today. Wole Soyinka was jailed cos of Biafra and Iboes still curse him till today, have you ever hear or see Yorubas kill them before yet they blame them for everything affecting there pathetic life.
Something just came to my mind now which is So Ojukwu also wanted to use Awolowo and am sure he has other plans in mind
Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by Etinosajay(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
Henrodah:
Am no igbo or yoruba, but I commend you all to try and read Max Siollun's book 'Nigeria's Military Coup Culture' and get clear information about nigeria's history on 'violence'.....contrary to most people's belief, Jan 15th coup wasn't an ibo coup, it was the most nigerianistic coup since this country's inception. But trust the Victors way of narrating stories, it must suit them....please let's read more and Avoid tribalism in any simple historic news we read bout nigeria.

When it comes to history, you don't read one particular book and claim you have read the truth.

Different authorities have different accounts of how it happened. So reading all or most of these books will give you a slight agreement on what really or may have transpired that night in January and the night on July

2 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by EmeritusMbaM: 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
hefelove:

Something just came to my mind now which is So Ojukwu also wanted to use Awolowo and am sure he has other plans in mind

Awolowo was in a federal prison, how can Ojukwu release a federal prisoner. If he released him, Gowon would have ordered for his arrest after landing in Lagos. Ask those liars to show you any pics of Awolowo and the pedophile ojuku when he was released. He released Banjo and the rest, reason they had to fight to biaxfra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by Paretomaster(m): 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
otitokoroleti:
Almajiris are not loyal, no matter how much you care about them

loyal to who?.......are d soldiers coming for Fajuyi?...if u can read well, u will know the soldiers only asked for Ironsi...,but Fajuyi volunteer to go with them...

so go and siddon...Nzogwu was nurtured by an Hausa Man, so tell me who betray who?...
Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by OlivetBen(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
I believe that somebody who can read, write or type is learned. We learned people shouldn't allow our lives to be influenced by an individual.
The individual might have gotten things wrong at the very first stage and he/she will drag others into it thereby creating hatred and animosity among his decendants and other people.
Take for instance when we were small(tender in age) there were some homes our parents would want us not to be friends with just because the head of each families had misunderstanding in the past. And they'll end up causing generational hatred between the families.
In the case of Yoruba and Igbo, I don't think there is any difference between them. They school 2geda, they intermarry, they trade in common. As I am so I am an igbo person, I am schooling in the West OAU to be precise, my uncle married a yoruba woman and they've been living fine,in school 95 percents of my friends are yorubas, God's willing I am planing to marry a yoruba woman.
We are the current generations, let's allow the philosophies of the past leaders to die with them since it has not brought the desired change that we want and develop a mindset that is positive and that can stand the test of time.
Aguyi Ironsi's philosophy and actions has never helped and bettered the situation of Nigeria. Nnamdi Azikwe's philosophies might have solved the problem on ground during their time but that philosphies are now archaic let us change them.
Chief Obafemi Awolowo was in no doubt a hero with theoretical and practical philosophies that helped to remedy the situation on ground during their era but if I may ask, is that philosophy still working in this fast changing world?
I can go on and on to mention them but time will fail me. So my candit advice is that we the present generation should step up on our game and leave those past leaders who had served their generation to rest in peace and face our own generation and leave a lagacy for the coming generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by EmeritusMbaM: 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
[s]
pazienza:

Lol! How exactly will Ironsi son and Widow looking for FG ass to kiss to corner FG contracts know what happened in an Event they were not present at?

I should leave Nwankwo's authentic narration of the story and take those of Ironsi widow that was no where near the scene during Ironsi last moments? I na afukwanum.

Even Ademoyega in the book " Why we struck" Explained Fajuyi's role in the coup
You can read about it here, from Omogui, though I don't I agree with most Lies coming from Omogui against Bia***, but on Fajuiyi, he was spot: www.waado.org/nigerdelta/nigeria_facts/MilitaryRule/Omoigui/NorthCounterCoup.htm
[/s]

The devilish liar is not even ashamed. Imagine the liar insulting the widow just because he want to spread his lies. So you know better than Aguiyi Ironsi family. So Omogui is a liar but you only believe his Fajuyi story. You are a disgrace to sane and honest Iboes.

5 Likes

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by otitokoroleti: 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
Paretomaster:

loyal to who?.......are d soldiers coming for Fajuyi?...if u can read well, u will know the soldiers only asked for Ironsi...,but Fajuyi volunteer to go with them...

so go and siddon...Nzogwu was nurtured by an Hausa Man, so tell me who betray who?...
keep it coming, I knw d entire story b4 punch published it & theres more reasons to my post
Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by Paretomaster(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
otitokoroleti:
keep it coming, I knw d entire story b4 punch published it & theres more reasons to my post

really?....like everything happened before your very eyes se.....

so d Northerners should fold their arms after the brutal killing of their leaders se.?
Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by otitokoroleti: 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
Paretomaster:

really?....like everything happened before your very eyes se.....

so d Northerners should fold their arms after the brutal killing of their leaders se.?
let them kontinue
Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by CONFAMA: 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
pazienza:

Even Ademoyega in the book " Why we struck" Explained Fajuyi's role in the coup and why he was murdered by Northerners.

Guy you're a wicked liar. Can you swear with your life that you're not lying? and that it is fajuyis sister and Ironzis mum and sons versions of the occurrence that are lies?

1 Like

Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by Paretomaster(m): 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
Tunami:
you're the one getting it wrong here. As loyal aides who knew that a coup is about to take place and their boss is not aware of such thing, why did'nt they tell him (fajuyi)?, or do you think that the hausa/fulani men in the army started planning the coup the day Maj Gen Ironsi went to visit Fajuyi? No i guess. It was already a planned coup already by the hausa/fulani men in the army and Fajuyi's house was the best place to strike because his aides has already sold him out to their brothers in the army.

haba!...why are u b talking like this na, was the coup schedule to take place at Fajuyi's resident?....

the soldiers saw an opportunity and took it, besides they made it clear them only came for Ironsi....and yes the soldiers with Fajuyi might know nothing about the plan, unless u want to tell me all soldiers of northern extract were informed about the attack...which is not possible..
Re: July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis by CONFAMA: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:
[s][/s]

The devilish liar is not even ashamed. Imagine the liar insulting the widow just because he want to spread his lies. So you know better than Aguiyi Ironsi family. So Omogui is a liar but you only believe his Fajuyi story. You are a disgrace to sane and honest Iboes.

the guy is an osu ibo. That's how they behave... like cursed people...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Between Jonathan And Buhari, Who Introduced BVN? / 2023: Tinubu, Osinbajo Dancing In Competition They Won't Take Part In - Kperogi / FRSC Officials Dancing 'Shoki' During A Training Session In Bauchi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.