Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,066 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan (18286 Views)

Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention / Jimoh Ibrahim Emerges Ondo PDP Candidate For Sheriff's Faction / BREAKING: Saraki Returns To PDP, Meet Jonathan, PDP Caucus In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by DamiBukola: 6:22am On Jul 30, 2016
A faction of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, led by Senator Modu Sherrif has said that it had contacted former President Goodluck Jonathan with a view to intervening in the protracted leadership crisis in the party, noting that the former leader was disposed to resolving the logjam.

Alimodu-Sheriff
This came on the heels of a closed-door peace meeting held yesterday in Abuja between Senator Buruji Kashamu and Senator Sheriff in order to broker peace with Ahmed Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee.

The Sheriff group, it was gathered, would be meeting with Jonathan, who had deliberately stayed away from partisan politics since his defeat in the last presidential election, in furtherance of earlier contacts made by a former South-South Deputy National Chairman of the party , Dr. Cairo Ojugbo regarding the matter.

Disclosing this in an exclusive chat with Vanguard yesterday in Abuja, Ojugbo, described the ex-President, whose disposition on the issue had been vague, as having the wisdom needed to resolve the festering impasse over the party’s national leadership.

While responding to inquiry if the faction had met with Jonathan, Ojugbo, a staunch supporter of Sheriff, said: “Yes, the immediate past President is from my zone, the South-South and he is one of my leaders, I respect him, I love his candor. I love him as a human being and yes I have been in contact with him and he is also equally looking for a balanced position. He is man that every Nigerian loves.”

He further said though Sheriff was not averse to making peace with the Makarfi group, he would not be doing so on the terms set by state governors.

“What Sheriff has said and he has repeated it before everybody, is let Makarfi and his group step down. I will step down and will join and nominate persons to conduct the convention which is what a gentleman can do. And now he said look anybody who goes to Port Harcourt is on his own because he knows what the Emperor of Ikwere would do,” he added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/pdp-crisis-sheriffs-faction-courts-jonathan/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 30, 2016
ALRIGHT PDP IS COMING BACK IN 2019. IBORI FOR PRESIDENT.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by DamiBukola: 6:30am On Jul 30, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
ALRIGHT PDP IS COMING BACK IN 2019. IBORI FOR PRESIDENT.
Stop being .....
Some of you baffle me, it's not about PDP but Nigeria. The reason why we are in this sorry state is because PDP had no opposition for over 14years. The consequences associated with no viable opposition are imminent and if we want to strive as a nation we must all pray for PDP not to die because it will be so cantankerous.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 30, 2016
DamiBukola:

Stop being .....
Some of you baffle me, it's not about PDP but Nigeria. The reason why we are in this sorry state is because PDP had no opposition for over 14years. The consequences associated with no viable opposition are imminent and if we want to strive as a nation we must all pray for PDP not to die because it will be so cantankerous.
THAT was why i said they will reclaim power in 2019.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by ChappyChase: 6:33am On Jul 30, 2016
Make una carry una Whala go, abeg leave GEJ

13 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Theultimate(m): 6:35am On Jul 30, 2016
Meanwhile, to say the truth. Negligence and lack of self control in terms of leadership by GEJ were parts of how PDP was destroyed in the first place.
I am talk about how he handled some issues and disputes while he was on seat.
Starting from the:
*Governors Forum chairmanship between Amaechi and Jona Jang.
*G-7 Governors in PDP.
*OBJ grievances.
*Different disputes at different levels of the states across Nigeria.......among others.

If those aforementioned grievances were managed well by him in the first place, I can categorically say that thirteen(13) of APCs can never win election in Nigeria. (Yoruba people will say "metala re o tobe"wink

12 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by DamiBukola: 6:40am On Jul 30, 2016
ChappyChase:
Make una carry una Whala go, abeg leave GEJ
Jonathan is the cause of the current PDP crisis, he is the one backing SAS. The only person the SAS faction will listen to is Jonathan, he is trying to use SAS to show his relevancy in the party. Just look at the trend going on with his ally (Dokpesi) vieing for the position of the chairman and how he has being endorsed by almost all Jonathan's ardent supporters Akwa Ibom to Rivers to Ogun and what have you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by DamiBukola: 6:42am On Jul 30, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
U were trying to be sarcastic, how can u mention that thief Ibori. Ibori kinsmen have all gone to APC. Ovie Omo agege to Ayiri

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 30, 2016
DamiBukola:

U were trying to be sarcastic, how can u mention that thief Ibori. Ibori kinsmen have all gone to APC. Ovie Omo agege to Ayiri
LET them go, it is all this bad eggs that he needs to do away with, for him to win at the federal level.

3 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by DamiBukola: 6:56am On Jul 30, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
LET them go, it is all this bad eggs that he needs to do away with, for him to win at the federal level.
Bleep off man since u v nothing reasonable to say, never shall we allow looters to rule us again.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 30, 2016
DamiBukola:

Bleep off man since u v nothing reasonable to say, never shall we allow looters to rule us again.
SO why then do you complain daily about this economy problem that Nigeria is going through right now? atleast when looters were rulling the country, you were not complaining of hunger.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by babyfaceafrica: 7:23am On Jul 30, 2016
Who GEJ epp?

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by ddippset(m): 7:27am On Jul 30, 2016
lol @ EMPEROR OF IKWERE.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 30, 2016
Useless people, when you conspired to sabotage his re-election, you didn't know ba? Now you pipu are crying to him like children who had just been spanked on the as.s

13 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by veekid(m): 7:50am On Jul 30, 2016
Go ahead
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by ikombe: 7:50am On Jul 30, 2016
Jonathan no even get dere time undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by DamiBukola: 7:51am On Jul 30, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Useless people, when you conspired to sabotage his re-election, you didn't know ba? Now you pipu are crying to him like children who had just been spanked on the as.s
So because they conspired to end the party's fortune at the past election, he should see to the end of the party? Jonathan is so wicked for leaving this party to this messy state. He has the wonder stick to put the party back to track but he is feigning I don't care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by clevadani: 7:52am On Jul 30, 2016
lol
joke of a party
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by seunlayi(m): 7:52am On Jul 30, 2016
The manhood OF GEJ still lives on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Konkoshia(f): 7:52am On Jul 30, 2016
See wahala oo
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by tinsel: 7:56am On Jul 30, 2016
seunlayi:
The manhood OF GEJ still lives on
Lives on in you, his first son.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by TheNewIbadan: 8:01am On Jul 30, 2016
GEJ will not win the North or SW. Clueless buffoon, never again.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by free2ryhme: 8:01am On Jul 30, 2016
Ex - President Jonathan, should stay out of politics for good. He has done his bit and should concentrate on his Peace Project. Leave PDP alone to destroy or repair itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 30, 2016
DamiBukola:

So because they conspired to end the party's fortune at the past election, he should see to the end of the party? Jonathan is so wicked for leaving this party to this messy state. He has the wonder stick to put the party back to track but he is feigning I don't care.
On the contrary, I think it's better he watches from the sidelines. He was voted out as an 'unpopular' candidate, he may be doing this to assess his popularity even within his party. Now that they're coming to him, it would make him know he is indispensable to the party

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by daniska3yaro(m): 8:08am On Jul 30, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by darocha1: 8:11am On Jul 30, 2016
gud
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 30, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
Which of the pdp faction will reclaimed power,the sheriff or the makarfi?
Meamwhile,an igbo moderator banned TOKTEE for calling an ipob member a fool.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by ItsawrapOutfit: 8:16am On Jul 30, 2016
I reserve my comment
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Elkay3: 8:21am On Jul 30, 2016
Abeg leave the quiet man to enjoy his quietness. I so like him for that. At least, with his peace of mind now (even though with no absolute power), his grey hair will change back to its normal colour of black. His silence is dignifying.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by olahero(m): 8:23am On Jul 30, 2016
DamiBukola:

what about the bitterness Nigeria is experiencing now?

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Tyocsyn: 8:29am On Jul 30, 2016
Sheriff? Sheriff!! Sheriff na wow oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan by Pavarottii(m): 8:31am On Jul 30, 2016
DamiBukola:

Jonathan is the cause of the current PDP crisis, he is the one backing SAS. The only person the SAS faction will listen to is Jonathan, he is trying to use SAS to show his relevancy in the party. Just look at the trend going on with his ally (Dokpesi) vieing for the position of the chairman and how he has being endorsed by almost all Jonathan's ardent supporters Akwa Ibom to Rivers to Ogun and what have you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: Why FG Is Yet To Deploy Tucano Jets In North West / Xenophobia: FG Faults Fake Videos In Circulation, Warns Against Reprisal Attacks / Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Soldier Pens Memorable Tribute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.