Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You (62131 Views)

I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed / The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. / Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Official Specsand Price In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by majorclems: 4:54am On Aug 01, 2016
hahaha...see talk o grin
PerkyJeggs:

Abi it will alert us when rapture will come ??
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by majorclems: 4:55am On Aug 01, 2016
y should i get an mtk for that amount..i go kuku go by memory card undecided[quote author=Olawoye4359 post=48033674][/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by muhrash(m): 7:03am On Aug 01, 2016
No Snapdragon, No Adreno,No Barometer, Humidity, Temperature,Hearth rate, Nfc,Iris scanner and Antenna support. How can somebody compared it to high end smartphones,you will buy only battery,compass,infrared,fingerprint and unspecified security chip as they said at high rate. This is waste of resources why cant u go for Samsung Galaxy A9
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by eleshin(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2016
In2systemsTech:

You know the battery size of m5 is bigger than that of m5 plus?

yes i do, so?
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by eleshin(m): 10:21am On Aug 01, 2016
muhrash:
No Snapdragon, No Adreno,No Barometer, Humidity, Temperature,Hearth rate, Nfc,Iris scanner and Antenna support. How can somebody compared it to high end smartphones,you will buy only battery,compass,infrared,fingerprint and unspecified security chip as they said at high rate. This is waste of resources why cant u go for Samsung Galaxy A9

LOL, GALAXY A9 IS 235K MY GUY, YOU ARE WICKED OOO,HOW CAN U COMPARE THE 2?
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by KuliMart: 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
You can get something better in our store.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by KCode: 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
As far as I'm concerned there's no innovation with this phone, so why pay that much? Is it even waterproof?
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by bongolistik(m): 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
KCode:
As far as I'm concerned there's no innovation with this phone, so why pay that much? Is it even waterproof?
it is data security proof
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by TrollinStone: 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
ayobami52:
The only thing I know is that, they won't have market for this brand in Nigeria, it's too costly, I will rather go for IPhone6 plus or S7 if am to buy phone of such high price.

I tire o. Everybody is just calling price like say dem put jazz for mouth. 150k for Gionee, who does that?

1 Like

Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Niyiframes(m): 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2016
ericsimons18:

ur point being ..

His point being he's a brand fanatic and not a tech user as his name says.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Niyiframes(m): 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
Phonefanatic:
This is what people never understood. It baffles me when some some Galaxy s7 to Tecno C9 saying the only difference is price that C9 can do same thing as S7.
Phone is beyond software most people ignore the most important thing which is hardware and premium feel...... Just imagine the price of this phone.
so the premium feel and all metal body, how do those affect the user experience? How significant are they to d users? On a scale of how much over 10? As far as i can tell, they almost dont matter. Just dat phone manufacturers like samsung and apple are aware that most users tend to fall deep for looks than what's on the inside, hence, the huge price difference between the Samsung, Apple and co devices vs Tecno and co. Of course, the hardware aspects can't be ignored tho, but then, the line between snapdragons and mediateks are almost totally blured. RAM, camera, Network adapter and other hardwares are almost generic, OS and other optimization are not yet perfect. So u see my friend, it's just a matter or brand loyalty from tech users all over the world. The bigger ur brand, the more expensive your devices are.

1 Like

Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Phonefanatic: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
Niyiframes:

so the premium feel and all metal body, how do those affect the user experience? How significant are they to d users? On a scale of how much over 10? As far as i can tell, they almost dont matter. Just dat phone manufacturers like samsung and apple are aware that most users tend to fall deep for looks than what's on the inside, hence, the huge price difference between the Samsung, Apple and co devices vs Tecno and co. Of course, the hardware aspects can't be ignored tho, but then, the line between snapdragons and mediateks are almost totally blured. RAM, camera, Network adapter and other hardwares are almost generic, OS and other optimization are not yet perfect. So u see my friend, it's just a matter or brand loyalty from tech users all over the world. The bigger ur brand, the more expensive your devices are.

Brand? Please where is Nokia and Motorola? It actually takes a lot effort to get to the top and remain there.
I'm very sad that I can't find any review of C9 online besides what Nigerian bloggers that knows nothing about phones write.
Xda forum would have helped but those guys are high tech developers sadly they don't recognize Tecno as a phone that worths the effort.

Resell value? Give it 5 months and tecno will flood you with over 5 phones which will make your used C9 worth close to nothing compared to purchase cost.

Performance? IP68 certified - dust proof and water resistant
Try pooping in 128gb memory card into your tecno and see what happens mind you s7 takes 256gb.

CPU? You don't want to compare a Quad-core 2.3 GHz Mongoose + quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 with tecno that brings up overheat warning under a little cpu stress.

Camera? It will be unfair if I compare that.

The little list I just gave are exactly how hardware affects a user so it surprises me when you say it doesn't matter to users.

Bros sit inside a Range Rover Sport and the quality of the leather seat alone will send you a signal why it's expensive.
Pick up Galaxy S7 the display quality and feel alone will send you a signal.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Phonefanatic: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
Niyiframes:

His point being he's a brand fanatic and not a tech user as his name says.

Tech users really don't have time for a substandard product that can't pass quality test. Please Google Tecno C9 and you will see no tech site have time to do review for Tecno. No developer will stay awake for days building custom ROM for tecno. If you classify yourself as tech user then I'm disappointed.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Niyiframes(m): 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Tech users really don't have time for a substandard product that can't pass quality test. Please Google Tecno C9 and you will see no tech site have time to do review for Tecno. No developer will stay awake for days building custom ROM for tecno. If you classify yourself as tech user then I'm disappointed.

But then i hope you know there are thousands of droid manufacturing companies spread all over the world, many of which haven't made it to ur tech sites, but are having a fair share of the mobile tech market in their various territories. Plus Tecno and co started their journey here in Nigeria. Tecno is not even recognized in China as far as i know. If you're truly a fone fanatic, u'll know u shld first have a hands on before giving ur opinion on a device.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Phonefanatic: 7:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
Niyiframes:

But then i hope you know there are thousands of droid manufacturing companies spread all over the world, many of which haven't made it to ur tech sites, but are having a fair share of the mobile tech market in their various territories. Plus Tecno and co started their journey here in Nigeria. Tecno is not even recognized in China as far as i know. If you're truly a fone fanatic, u'll know u shld first have a hands on before giving ur opinion on a device.

Tecno isn't recognized in the country it's manufactured why? Or do you have more population than China that they won't sell over there?

The answer is simple those are substandard phones meant for Nigerian market where people don't care about quality test. Once it runs android oya buy am and compare to others.

The components in those phones are extremely cheap and fake. A tecno phone lifespan won't exceed 3 years that's if it will make it that long.

Phones don't just cost the components do and that is where quality comes in play.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Niyiframes(m): 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Tecno isn't recognized in the country it's manufactured why? Or do you have more population than China that they won't sell over there?

The answer is simple those are substandard phones meant for Nigerian market where people don't care about quality test. Once it runs android oya buy am and compare to others.

The components in those phones are extremely cheap and fake. A tecno phone lifespan won't exceed 3 years that's if it will make it that long.

Phones don't just cost the components do and that is where quality comes in play.
Saying tecno fones don't last just said it all, u r not a user, u r a brand loyalist. Nigerians embraced tecno phones for dier durability and ruggedness, u off all people should know Nigerians won't accept anything dat won't last. Have seen people use theirs for 2,3 year or even more. And talk of components... U mean there are fake mediatek chipset manufacturers out there and ur highly informed tech sites haven't heard about it? Bro, u've got to be real and objective with us here, Tecno, infinix and several other brands are manufactured by a company called ALPs, one of the level mobile device manufacturers with its origin from japan. Bro do research, never let ur opinions be painted by what others think, Tecno found that their market is in Nigeria and west Africa, they started small and now growing bigger. Bro pls be a tech user and no a brand fanatic.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Niyiframes(m): 7:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Saying tecno fones don't last just said it all, u r not a user, u r a brand loyalist. Nigerians embraced tecno phones for dier durability and ruggedness, u off all people should know Nigerians won't accept anything dat won't last. Have seen people use theirs for 2,3 year or even more. And talk of components... U mean there are fake mediatek chipset manufacturers out there and ur highly informed tech sites haven't heard about it? Bro, u've got to be real and objective with us here, Tecno, infinix and several other brands are manufactured by a company called ALPs, one of the world's top mobile device and components manufacturers with its origin from japan. Bro do research, never let ur opinions be painted by what others think, Tecno found that their market is in Nigeria and west Africa, they started small and now growing bigger. Bro pls be a tech user and not a brand fanatic.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Phonefanatic: 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
Niyiframes:

Saying tecno fones don't last just said it all, u r not a user, u r a brand loyalist. Nigerians embraced tecno phones for dier durability and ruggedness, u off all people should know Nigerians won't accept anything dat won't last. Have seen people use theirs for 2,3 year or even more. And talk of components... U mean there are fake mediatek chipset manufacturers out there and ur highly informed tech sites haven't heard about it? Bro, u've got to be real and objective with us here, Tecno, infinix and several other brands are manufactured by a company called ALPs, one of the world's top mobile device and components manufacturers with its origin from japan. Bro do research, never let ur opinions be painted by what others think, Tecno found that their market is in Nigeria and west Africa, they started small and now growing bigger. Bro pls be a tech user and not a brand fanatic.

Calm down I've used Gionee on different occasions and I can tell you boldly never to compare MTK phones with Samsung.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Niyiframes(m): 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Calm down I've used Gionee on different occasions and I can tell you boldly never to compare MTK phones with Samsung.
grin grin grin grin Now i get your drift bro, u only no gbadun Mediatek chipset, it's ok to prefer the Snapdragons, Exynos and Kirins over the MTKs. But then, as little as i know about mobile devices, It all still boils down to OS/software/ROM optimizations by respective developers, I've been able to use quite a number of different brands over the years, Samsung, Sony Tecno, Gionee, Infinix and Huawie, trust me bro, their developers are really the ones who make things happen through the hardware. I had the chance to pitch my brother's Phantom5 against my SGS6 a couple of times earlier this year and sometimes i still hurt considering almost 100k difference in price of both devices, their performances are almost on par. Samsung are industry leaders no doubt, but that doesn't mean other brands can't make something reasonable and quite affordable, plus, there has to be market segments. With Samsung way up the ladder, there's nothing wrong in other upcoming brands taking a place on the Hierarchy.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Phonefanatic: 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
Niyiframes:

grin grin grin grin Now i get your drift bro, u only no gbadun Mediatek chipset, it's ok to prefer the Snapdragons, Exynos and Kirins over the MTKs. But then, as little as i know about mobile devices, It all still boils down to OS/software/ROM optimizations by respective developers, I've been able to use quite a number of different brands over the years, Samsung, Sony Tecno, Gionee, Infinix and Huawie, trust me bro, their developers are really the ones who make things happen through the hardware. I had the chance to pitch my brother's Phantom5 against my SGS6 a couple of times earlier this year and sometimes i still hurt considering almost 100k difference in price of both devices, their performances are almost on par. Samsung are industry leaders no doubt, but that doesn't mean other brands can't make something reasonable and quite affordable, plus, there has to be market segments. With Samsung way up the ladder, there's nothing wrong in other upcoming brands taking a place on the Hierarchy.

And how would you consider a resell value of an MTK you used over a year and that of A Samsung or IPhone?
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Niyiframes(m): 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
Phonefanatic:

And how would you consider a resell value of an MTK you used over a year and that of A Samsung or IPhone?
Well I think your resell value should be based on how well you've been able to use/maintain the device over time, you wouldn't buy a Samsung or iPhone with broken screen or physically damaged part for as much as it should just because it's Samsung right? And your resell value also depends on how much the new one costs. Baba me think say many different factors will determine that for you.
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
If na samsung/blackberry/iphone made diz kinda of phone bet me is 250k plus,is it bcuz de phone is mediatek make yu take it 4 granted,abeg de price worth it X100%,if de phone also come with gorilla glass 4 what else do yu need,finger_print/64gb/4gbram/6020mah nd still yet niggaZ keep complaining abt de prize,if yu fink is costly yu leave it 4 dose dah knws de value....

Abeg jah give me($) make me buy diz phone.....

(Chidubem has just explain his OP).....is a new month stay blessed...
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Marvell23(m): 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
Pricing and lack of good customer service are the problems of Gionee, the reason TECNO will still be ahead of them here
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by afm4ever(m): 9:09am On Aug 02, 2016
bongolistik:
Lots of people make this common grammatical mistake when asking question with "Did". it often goes with present verb. so the right question is "How much did you buy the m5"and not bought. I am not trying to hurt your ego or trying to prove that I know much English, but just observation because many folks make such mistake
we learn everyday thanks though

1 Like

Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by afm4ever(m): 9:11am On Aug 02, 2016
buoye1:
43K that was last December.... Its 65+ now i guess
ok
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Wan47(m): 6:53am On Aug 04, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Google Tecno C9 and you will be disappointed it's only Nigerian blogs that knows this phone I mean no foreign website has time to review a phone that can't pass quality test. Just one thing throw galaxy s5 and tecno C9 into a bucket of water and see which comes out alive.
wat I mean is..... if u hav a Samsung n I hav a Tecno wat will u do wit ur Samsung of higher price dat I cant do wit my tecno of lower price.
Besides all my life of using fone, hav neva had a reason to tro it into a bucket of water
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Phonefanatic: 9:42am On Aug 04, 2016
Wan47:

wat I mean is..... if u hav a Samsung n I hav a Tecno wat will u do wit ur Samsung of higher price dat I cant do wit my tecno of lower price.
Besides all my life of using fone, hav neva had a reason to tro it into a bucket of water

Not necessarily throwing it in the bucket you can be caught in the rain or just want to take a shot in the pool or accidental water splash.

Your question is just like where can a Range Rover Sports go that camry 2.2 can't. grin grin. So the only difference is their price
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by tutaboi(m): 7:59am On Aug 08, 2016
TomHagen:
Which factory you dey work?
...lol NBPLC
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by eyems: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2021
Re: The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You by Youngpo413: 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2021
Belosconi:
Omoh! Those prices nobi here o. Gionee wanting to join the bigger boys. But the phone is loaded sha
now Both phones are under 40k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtn 13th Anniversary Free 1GIG Bonus / See How This Katsina Man Charges His Phone Due To Power Outage. Photos / The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.