Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Sunday Sermon- How To Work For God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday Sermon- How To Work For God (465 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Share Your Sunday Sermon Topic And Text / Lady Without Legs Backs Her Baby, Leads A Praise Session For God. Pics Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Sermon- How To Work For God by Joshemmy(m): 11:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
These excited people after eating free bread from this miraculous bread multiplied wanted more miracles.
Honestly from the deep heart they asked "WHAT shall do; we need to do the WORKS of God". The asks the master, what shall we do that we may do the works of God? They expected Jesus to give them a run down of duties that would occupy them!
In our generation, people define the works of God in different ways! Churches and religious houses have different definations for the works of God. Some think it is being present in all activities of the church and being committed in different department of the church, busy Monday to Sunday in the church! When you ask them, they say they are busy doing God's works.
Others jump into buses, preach from morning till evening and collect offerings all for the work of God and survive by that means!
Some are moving from city to city, nations to nations preaching, collecting honorarium and are doing the work of God!
WHAT IS THE WORK OF GOD?
What do God accept as His work?
All the above mentioned activities are very good in themselves, they are all very necessary but is that what the owner of the church say is his work? If we take a look at the answer Jesus gave:
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
What does it mean to believe on the sent one? I want to see it as doing exactly what he was doing when He was here! What was He doing? He was doing good everywhere he went!
Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
Proverbs 3:27 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it. 3:28 Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.
Sometimes I see the way servants of God are busy running here and there to organize programs with a lot of resources, yet the members around them are hungry, naked, impoverished and almost despairing for life, I wonder who exactly they are serving! This God loves human being so much that he said he can leave 99 sheep's and look for only one that is hurting! They are all already sheep's but one is hurting.Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
Does our God take pleasure in sacrifice than simple obedience? We can do all the labour without love! And we end up with 'depart from me ye workers of iniquity, I know you not if we neglect care.
Isaiah 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward. 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; 58:10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day: 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
Matthew 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Our modern preachers and pastors will tell you, why will you be hungry, why don't you work hard, is the church a charity organization? If the church is no longer a charity(love) organization, then is it a profit making or political organization? They will preach to Jesus, why should a person even go to prison before I go to visit him, and those who are sick, why don't they have faith for divine health. We of this generation are more righteous that Jesus Christ himself!
There is no alternative to doing good!
James 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
You can keep on doing the work you assigned to yourself but don't expect the rewarder to reward you because that is not what He sent you
Imagine that all the Christians, all the men of God and all the churches had a small quantity of raw practical love for one another like the early church, do you think there will be crime? What is lacking in the world now is love! People kill their neighbours for nothing the way animals will never kill themselves!
No wonder Jesus said we should love one another so that the world will know, will see!
Note: No one can work for God! You can only walk with God. Those who tried to work for Him killed themselves before their time, you can ask Mr. Uzzah in 2Sam.6:6.
Psalms 147:10 He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.
We know how to pray for Nigeria! The solution is to love! Love the people around you while i love the ones around me. Love is the end of the commandment.
Re: Sunday Sermon- How To Work For God by Joshemmy(m): 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
Up

(1) (Reply)

The Ife Account Of The Origin Of Human Existence. / When The Bible Gets More Confusing / There Is Still Hope (jer 3:1-15). What Every Backslidden Christian Should Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.