Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,757 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket (54340 Views)

Price Of Palm Oil Crashes From 12000 To 6000 For 25 Litres / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket / Good News! Price Of Tomato Crashes From N25,000 To Just N800 Per Basket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
chiomzy25:
@op i beg to disagree with you. I reside in kaduna. Though the price of tomato has dropped but a basket going for 800 naira is unbelievable.
and why should I believe when you didn't bring any proof ..

The op is actually almost right, tomato is 1050 a basket in Kaduna .. And the price differs. You could get it higher or cheaper depending on your source.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by 2sexynet: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
Beremx:
The price of tomatoes has fallen since na! na today una dey know?
grin grin grin you know say many no dey cook stew na
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Dullahi(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
MetaHuman:
and why should I believe when you didn't bring any proof ..

The op is actually almost right, tomato is 1050 a basket in Kaduna .. And the price differs. You could get it higher or cheaper depending on your source.
It is 1,200 here. They are even begging because it's not moving.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by poundlander: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
fiizznation:
I read everything up there. I know what tomato/onions farming is and there is no possible way a basket of fresh tomatoes will be sold at this ridiculous price of #800. Dont forget, the farmers have to make their own profits. Even before the hike in the price of tomatoes, I bought a basket of not so fresh tomatoes at the rate of #2000, and this should like 2yrs ago.

Don't get me wrong please, I'm all for the good of the masses and I pray things get better for everyone, but I'm just finding it hard to believe this 'great news' because I know what tomato farming entails. And Kaduna is not even the major tomatoes producers in the north, rather kano state is, and that's why we have the dangote tomatoes processing company in kano state.

Anyway if this 'news' happens to be true, then I say kudos to whoever made it possible.
nobody ever think tomatoes could sell for over 30k/ basket...nothing is impossible
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
MetaHuman:
you do realize it's 2edge sword

A child that says him man no go sleep, I wonder how him go sleep.

You are restless In your attacks and he will be restless in defence even though you are still losing.
Yea attacking with truth destabilizes defense with lies...
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Orikinla(m): 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
DropShot:
This should be on the front page.

It's a deadly blow to the haters of the current administration and Nigeria.

Kudos to PMB cheesy cheesy cheesy (after all, na him dem blame for the high cost before).

As I normally say, what doesn't kill us will eventually makes us stronger. And gradually, Nigeria will emerge stronger from the current economic woes.
Just imagine how the price crashed from a whooping N25000 to N800.
It is like a miracle of Almighty God JEHOVAH.

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
crixtex:

Yea attacking with truth destabilizes defense with lies...
then why is lie wining?
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
MetaHuman:
then why is lie wining?

Lolsss... earth2metahuman.... dea is no way lie will win the truth at the end... except d lie repents and does the right thing.....
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
crixtex:

Lolsss... earth2metahuman.... dea is no way lie will win the truth at the end... except d lie repents and does the right thing.....
delusion of grandeur.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by akins56(m): 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
Lol,,i'm in KD, truly the price of tomato has truly plunge seriously, you don't need 100N tomatoes unless you are organising a party, but its definitely not as cheap as this report made it seem, it should be around 2K.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by jeeka321: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
Within days now, the poor farmers go full trailers in their effort to transport it down south to your local markets . Your brothers go mount road blocks as usual collecting illegal bribes from them in the name of taxes. This frustrate the farmers a lot . These items when not delivered to the market spoilt very easily. Before it each lagos or to your markets, the price would triple due to the harassment and illegal taxes along the way. Sadly, the farmers complained many times, but it seems the southern govt choose to ignore them. Some have chosen to stop transporting it down south as a result. They said its just not worth the risk. Tomatoes were expensive months back even in the North, but it never was close to the experience in the south.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
MetaHuman:
delusion of grandeur.
Lolsss ... is doing the right thing difficult? ?
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by 2sexynet: 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
DelGardo:
The problem with indiscriminate wailing is that you end up looking like ranting slowpoke, when bad interim situations turns around.

We have seen this with:

Fuel scarcity - gone for good, NNPC refines more, reports performance periodically and turns a profit.

Devaluation! - they were screaming for it now we have a more efficient pricing mechanism, life don tire them

Buhari's foreign trips - the man has disappointed them in recent weeks

Corruption - they shout witch-hunt up and down, only for them to suddenly see their thieving heroes returning money and pleading for thier freedom

Projects- Lagos Ibadan, Abuja Kaduna rail line, airport projects etc have shut them up. Meanwhile more CAPEX funds are being released with strict budget discipline

Boko Haram technical defeat announced last year got them foaming in the mouth - now they have seen its for real

Today they suck up news of tomatoes, which now goes for about N2k a basket in most parts of the country.

We are on a steady improvement march.

"Impatience is not a virtue. Order is more vital than speed"
President M Buhari... 2015
Dollar is $1= 400 and you are here talking. Millions of jobs lost and you are here talking, fulani herdsmen on rapage, Investors fled the country with their money and you are here talking. Until $1=200, buhari can expect to be booted out of presidency by 2019
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
crixtex:

Lolsss ... is doing the right thing difficult? ?
have you ever wondered why despite so much noise, wailing and crying, this government still has so many followers and those who believe its on the right part?

It simple, people know the truth, no amount of lies will change it.

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by adedayoa2(f): 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
Bolustic:

If you happen to reside or serve in the north, you wouldn't disbelieve the news.
I remember there were times I would tell my tomato seller to reduce it coz it's too much for 50 naira and put pepper instead.

Learn to believe good news, everything ain't propaganda.
no mind them
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Suntzung: 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
SAI BABA the magician!

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by CHRISTIANO7779: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
Definately It can reduce to 800 naira in kaduna but with d transport nd profit it wil b @ d range of 1500 to 2k in Lagos
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by millhouse: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Voluntarily
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Rockyrascal(m): 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Okocha101:

https://www.thecable.ng/hurray-tomato-price-crashes-n25000-n800-per-basket
I might just start thinking of the poisnous substance in tomato story to be true.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Xbox222: 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
I bought N150 naira tomatoes yesterday and my pot is filled with stew that can last for almost 5days
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by wellmax(m): 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
dunkem21:
Fake alarm.. Tomato is not selling N800/basket..

You guys should stop this propaganda.

Stop talking gibberish. I was in KD and know that the price has fallen drastically. Even in Lagos there has been tremendous reduction.
Yes, it will not be N800 in other parts of the country cos businessmen must make profit na.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by dannywest: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
When people were rushing to plant tomato I said it
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by JayJustus(m): 5:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
crixtex:
I hope so o.. thank God... At least Buhari will rest on tomato side now.. lets now jump to rice,kerosene and naira criticisms....

APC paid agents must not have peace .... they must kip defending

still using kerosene?? when gas is the $hit now way lot cheaper than kerosene and healthier
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by graphiti: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
IPOB Vandals when they saw this thread...

U ehn?

U nor go kee parzin, u hia?!

That monki 'fine' die!
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by 4nobody4every1: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
DropShot:

Kudos to PMB cheesy cheesy cheesy (after all, na him dem blame for the high cost before).

As I normally say, what doesn't kill us will eventually makes us stronger. And gradually, Nigeria will emerge stronger from the current economic woes.
cool

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by graphiti: 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
martineinstein:
na so dollars go take crash
And I say a big AMEN 2dt in Jesus'Mighty Name!!!
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by graphiti: 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
Izonpikin:
But I still bought tomatoes expensive yesterday...e mean say that lady cheat me... sad

oloworulz:
sorry to say, maybe u bought on credit

Chai....., juss wen I thot I get mouth!

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by sen8or(m): 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
DropShot:

No P. The next one you'll buy will be below N500.

PMB is working, right? grin grin grin
As a supporter of PMB, do you think it's a good news for the go back to farming advocate? we dey and watch as prices of locally produced foods crash to a discouraging level..

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Rexyl(m): 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
nrexzy:
Finally d govt is working...remaining bag of Rice and petrol...

DropShot:

what is happening and which you don't understand is seasonality of farm produce. We are in the season of plenty which can also result in glut if supply is far greater than demand.

What has government done? Has government planted tomatoes, given or subsidized farm inputs this year? Pls get some things right before you started praising politicians for what they haven't delivered.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
JayJustus:

still using kerosene?? when gas is the $hit now way lot cheaper than kerosene and healthier

Lolsss... I use gas bro

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
MetaHuman:
have you ever wondered why despite so much noise, wailing and crying, this government still has so many followers and those who believe its on the right part?

It simple, people know the truth, no amount of lies will change it.

Lolsss... can u compare the cult followership Buhari had before presidency and after??
Isnt dea a drastic decline??
Even shaitan (the devil) has followers, so its nothing new
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by bobbiekrantz: 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
I think this is where our problems lies.

Everything mustn't be about APC or PDP
Or GEJ and Buhari

The earlier we start inculcating the spirit of Neutrality and national honesty.. I think our nation wee go a long way!

Our youths have lost it completely

See what politicians are doing to y'all..

Tell yourselves the truth and see that we're the architect of our own problems.

This why they keep the polity keep recycling!

[b][/b]BobbieKrantz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Salaudeen: Harzoyka Restaurant Lagos Threw Me Out For Not Coming With Man / Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 300 And 350 Naira Respectively In Nnewi / Secret To Cooking Nigerian Party Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.