Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket (54355 Views)

Price Of Palm Oil Crashes From 12000 To 6000 For 25 Litres / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket / Good News! Price Of Tomato Crashes From N25,000 To Just N800 Per Basket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by PastorAji(m): 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
CONFIRMED.......BUT IN IBADAN THE PRICE IS AVERAGELY 1,600~1950/BIG BASKET

i BOUGHT A SMALL BASKET OF TOMATOES FOR #100 @ SASA MARKET YESTERDAY IN IBADAN

MY WIFE WAS SUPER SHOCKED AT THE QUANTITY OF TOMATOES I TOOK HOME.

THOUGH I BOUGHT THE SMALLEST BASKET AVAILABLE.

THE PEPPER SHE GROUNDED WILL LAST THE HOUSE FOR AT LEAST 2-3 WEEKS

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
crixtex:

Lolsss... can u compare the cult followership Buhari had before presidency and after??
Isnt dea a drastic decline??
Even shaitan (the devil) has followers, so its nothing new
the famous bihari followers here, have you seen anyone changed? That should tell you something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by graphiti: 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
Dullahi:
I don't know about other parts in the country. But it has come down here in Kaduna. Not sure of the current price to be honest.

Love Machine:
Can you explain what factors that brought the price down?

Hehehehehe... same question the Pharisees asked d blind man who had just been healed by Jesus, and d man be like: "Dhur! Is dt why we are here? All I know be say, once I was blind, but now I see, Shikena"!

End of story!
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
To all of you who are jubilating at the fall of tomato price. It should not have gone up in the first place.

Why was it only in nigeria the price of tomato went up? I bet none of you knew why.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
MetaHuman:
the famous bihari followers here, have you seen anyone changed? That should tell you something.

Beremx
Idupaul
Cramjones
Barcanista
Mynd64
and many I know not on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
Bad news for the haters. Pls.if u no gree u can jump into the Lagoon now. The next good news na Rice by Good willings.

3 Likes

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by graphiti: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Katyusha:
Most wailers will have sleepless nights just reading this news.

Love Machine:
Another sponsored propaganda has resurfaced.

Love Machine:
Have you been to the market to confirm it yourself?

Bia, how many times have u and ur ilks gone 2 confirm bad news (about ds administration) b4 believing it and carrying it on ur heads like sausages?

May hatred not kill u!

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by nrexzy: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
Rexyl:

what is happening and which you don't understand is seasonality of farm produce. We are in the season of plenty which can also result in glut if supply is far greater than demand.

What has government done? Has government planted tomatoes, given or subsidized farm inputs this year? Pls get some things right before you started praising politicians for what they haven't delivered.
OK!! Weatherman
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by mimee9(f): 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
Na true o,I bought one paint rubber for 200 naira yesterday...
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by mistergee: 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
the nation should have learned a lesson from that scarcity....which is "Store in times of abundance"... researchers should look for a way of storing tomato during this time that it is wasting in d market for future use..... but Nigeria won't do dt

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by blessedqueen(f): 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
fiizznation:
A basket of fresh tomatoes sold at 800naira? I know the exuberant price of tomatoes will crash, but a basket of fresh tomatoes sold at 800naira, neah i refuse to believe this story.

It's true ooo I just bought for 350 ( half basket)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
crixtex:

Beremx
Idupaul
Cramjones
Barcanista
Mynd64
and many I know not on nairaland
Lmao..
Berem is still ardent follower of bihari..criticizing buharis move once in a while doesn't mean she has stopped. I do that to.

Who is idupail and cramjone?

Barcaniter changed even before the election.

Mynd never said he is APC or buhari supporter. He is moderator.

Famous party supporters.

Passing shot, omen.ka, ngunukwenu, hunger.bad, modath, obilala arrrressa, seunsg and the rest. the day I see one of these people changed, then we will know its time to re evaluate buharis government because these are the people who present logical argument unlike PDP followers that just shout zombie or burukutu sipper or dullard on every argument.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by bigdot1759(m): 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
I went 2 bodija market in Ibadan dis morning, it was. Around #700- #850
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Abagworo:
It never sold for 25k.
It did in Port Harcourt..

@ topic,

This is indeed a great news..
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by blessedqueen(f): 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
DropShot:

Read the news again!

The report is very specific to Kaduna for now. But it will surely spread across the country.

Don't be a pessimist!

I just bought in mile12 Lagos for 350 ohh half basket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by graphiti: 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by udysweet(f): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Me that bought today nko?And the variety that very common are those long type,I don't like it. I bought mine 200,3 for 500 and wasn't much if I'm going by this news story o. But in all its still better than that period it became scarce gan.
Happy sunday all.

Izonpikin:
But I still bought tomatoes expensive yesterday...e mean say that lady cheat me... sad
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by PTAwal: 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Izonpikin:
But I still bought tomatoes expensive yesterday...e mean say that lady cheat me... sad
Not really. Maybe she bought it when it was expensive. However, I bought tomatoes today and was very very and extremely cheap. Was even wandering if the man selling actually heard what I said. I Had to call his attention again. That oga na #50 tomatoes oo... He replied, I heard you.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
MetaHuman:
Lmao..
Berem is still ardent follower of bihari..criticizing buharis move once in a while doesn't mean she has stopped. I do that to.

Who is idupail and cramjone?

Barcaniter changed even before the election.

Mynd never said he is APC or buhari supporter. He is moderator.

Famous party supporters.

Passing shot, omen.ka, ngunukwenu, hunger.bad, modath, obilala arrrressa, seunsg and the rest. the day I see one of these people changed, then we will know its time to re evaluate buharis government because these are the people who present logical argument unlike PDP followers that just shout zombie or burukutu sipper or dullard on every argument.

Beremx is a hypocrite.

Didnt GEJ supporters like barcanista etc also criticize him once in a while? ?

Most APC supporters are just ashamed to face da truth.. dey fear mockery
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by DropShot: 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2016
blessedqueen:

I just bought in mile12 Lagos for 350 ohh half basket
Good to know. Better days ahead.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
crixtex:

Beremx is a hypocrite.

Didnt GEJ supporters like barcanista etc also criticize him once in a while? ?

Most APC supporters are just ashamed to face da truth.. dey fear mockery
hahahahahaha I give up.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by tonio2wo: 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
DropShot:
This should be on the front page.

It's a deadly blow to the haters of the current administration and Nigeria.

Kudos to PMB cheesy cheesy cheesy (after all, na him dem blame for the high cost before).

As I normally say, what doesn't kill us will eventually makes us stronger. And gradually, Nigeria will emerge stronger from the current economic woes.

Make una dey deceive unaselves! When dangote hijacks the tomato market again, they will look for tomato zika virus to blame.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by DropShot: 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
tonio2wo:

Make una dey deceive unaselves! When dangote hijacks the tomato market again, they will look for tomato zika virus to blame.
See painment! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by nightmile: 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
fiizznation:
A basket of fresh tomatoes sold at 800naira? I know the exuberant price of tomatoes will crash, but a basket of fresh tomatoes sold at 800naira, neah i refuse to believe this story.

It is real..I witnessed it today in Lagos at satellite town.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by nightmile: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
fiizznation:

It is real..I witnessed it today in Lagos at satellite town. Probably you have never bought a basket ..
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by nightmile: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2016
Dullahi:

Treated and pest resistant seeds and plants were imported from Turkey and a few other countries. Just confirmed that it's 1,200 for a basket here in Kaduna.

It is 800 in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by munalight(f): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
In Abj, the small basket(Dustin bucket) goes for N1,000. The price of the big basket is way higher...
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
To those morons who blames buhari for everything.... Oya open ya smelly mouth and say samtin nah....awon werey........

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by TheVictorious(m): 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
Izonpikin:

See you. You no know say na naija we dey. That's why our money keep loosing value: when people capitalize on a temporary price rise that was motivated by a cost push inflation to extort money from the masses after the cost of production must have dropped.

For example, Over the years, I noticed that when the price of petrol go up; prices of different commodities and services (e.g. a cab ride) rise but never return to the same exact price again.

This is why five naira can't afford anything today.

We should have price regulation bodies because if it continues like this, even 10naira and 20naira will soon loose value too!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by rabex123(m): 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
fiizznation:
then u clearly do not stay in northern nigeria
Re: Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket by Izonpikin: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
TheVictorious:

See you. You no know say na naija we dey. That's why our money keep loosing value: when people capitalize on a temporary price rise that was motivated by a cost push inflation to extort money from the masses after the cost of production must have dropped.

For example, Over the years, I noticed that when the price of petrol go up; prices of different commodities and services (e.g. a cab ride) rise but never return to the same exact price again.

This is why five naira can't afford anything today.

We should have price regulation bodies because if it continues like this, even 10naira and 20naira will soon loose value too!
that's very true Bro. ..We are simply our own problem... sad..and I asked the woman if the price of tomatoes still remained same...she said yes...she play me serious wayo. ..The same goes for transport fairs as well...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Salaudeen: Harzoyka Restaurant Lagos Threw Me Out For Not Coming With Man / Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 300 And 350 Naira Respectively In Nnewi / Secret To Cooking Nigerian Party Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.