Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,155 members, 7,849,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

Remember That Malnourished Baby In Idp Camp? U Won’t Believe What She Looks. pix - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Remember That Malnourished Baby In Idp Camp? U Won’t Believe What She Looks. pix (552 Views)

The Malnourished Somalian Girl Is Now A Premedical Student (Photos) / 8-Year-Old Orphan Dies Of HIV In Borno IDP Camp (Photo) / The Lady That Was Injured By Gas Explosion Last Year, See How She Looks Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember That Malnourished Baby In Idp Camp? U Won’t Believe What She Looks. pix by Oba1ni(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Some days ago, prominent photographer TY Bello shared a new photo of the malnourished baby in one of the IDP camps who made headlines after news of her health hit the internet.

Baby Hadiza, the unhealthy child is now very hale and hearty in just few weeks with the help of well meaning Nigerians.

On sharing the miracle, Ty Bello wrote:

Few of us will forget the first images we saw of baby Hadiza on the Internet. Her body broken and severely malnourished .. She didn’t look like she was going to make it .

Baby Hadiza’s image shook us back to reality . She woke us up from our denial .. There was an active war within our boarders .. And it was cold and wrong for the rest of the country to carry on like it was all happening on another planet.

Photographs of a recovering baby Hadiza a few weeks afterward was a beacon of hope … Showing us how big a difference can come to the lives of the victims of this war when individuals , organizations and the government work together to solve a problem. It’s clear we all must find a way to get involved .

I was delighted to meet a happy Hadiza when I visited on of the centers created specially for severe cases of malnutrition .I almost didn’t recognize her. Her mother shared their story :

“We left Bama on the first day of the attacks for Bula Karim . We walked for a day to get there.We felt it was safe.

We spent two months in Bula Kareem.. Hadiza got sick and our food quickly dried out .. We had a little wheat for a while .. We started starving once it finished . We would go for three days without having any thing to eat at all … Thirst killed a lot of people around us in the village .

We had to run off again at 3am after a neighboring village was burnt down and felt BokoHaram was heading our way.

We ran back to Bama with no food still and things got worse for Hadiza when I also fell ill and stopped producing breast milk.

Thankfully ,the army came to our rescue and transferred us to Maiduguri where we recieved treatment . I’m so happy to see her doing much better .The quarters where we received treatment is our home now.

See her before and after photos:

1 Like

Re: Remember That Malnourished Baby In Idp Camp? U Won’t Believe What She Looks. pix by emeijeh(m): 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
Wow!
Is this Transformation or Change?
Re: Remember That Malnourished Baby In Idp Camp? U Won’t Believe What She Looks. pix by midehi2(f): 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
shocked as in serious?

see her smile of hope

thank God
Re: Remember That Malnourished Baby In Idp Camp? U Won’t Believe What She Looks. pix by ojun50(m): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Are u seriously serious, God bless TY nd does who contributed oh
Re: Remember That Malnourished Baby In Idp Camp? U Won’t Believe What She Looks. pix by ucheheart(m): 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hope the government will not neglect them again cos in Nigeria we lack maintenance culture even to maintain human beings under their care is a problem.
Re: Remember That Malnourished Baby In Idp Camp? U Won’t Believe What She Looks. pix by Oba1ni(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
My post fc na thomasi nkwa! Abeg make I repost this........
Re: Remember That Malnourished Baby In Idp Camp? U Won’t Believe What She Looks. pix by MzDesire(f): 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
wow...thank God for her life

(1) (Reply)

How Breast Cancer Made This Woman So Famous On Instagram / Poisonous Plants You Should Avoid By All Cost / Meet Bad_ass Doctor Who Operated On Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.