Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Trinity Explained - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity Explained (3866 Views)

About The Trinity / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity Explained by ttalks(m): 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2009
Col 1:13-18
(13)  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
(14)  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
(15)  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(16)  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(17)  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
(18)  And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Joh 1:1-3
(1)  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2)  The same was in the beginning with God.
(3)  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

grin grin
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 11:32pm On Sep 20, 2009
@Kolaxy: « #28 on: Today at 11:12:58 PM »  
For instance, imagine if you(A) were hiding in a Cave and I heard your voice through the word(s) of your mouth, won't I recognize that it's you-(A) speaking? So also is God's WORD i.e JESUS.

@olabowale
Did Morris and kolaxy forgot that if you went to the cave you will find the Physical speaker of the word? Where was God the Speaker Whom Jesus was His "Word as HIM" according to the argument above?

With all due respect Sir Olabs, I'll say the above is the first reasonable analysis from you as far as this thread is concern.I'm not being respectful.You are right by saying I will find the Speaker in the above 'picture' cos it's physical desription.But we are discussing God here.Not Man.We are discussing:
And when you use aphysical thing to bring home a point, because we are humans, then i use the same physical thing to show you that the point is full of holes, fallacies and it is incorrect. And if you are discussing God, then His uniqueness aught to have told Mr. Morris and you that bringing Him to the level of human beings you will find people who are not gullible opposing your thought process, bringing you back, if we may to reality. I know its a shock to you.

-One with unlimited power, unlimited wisdom, unlimited holiness
-One who is the creator of all things, the sustainer of all things, the knower of all things
-One who is eternal, immortal, and invisible
Indeed, this Supreme Being fills the entire universe with His presence - Jer 23:23-24
Indeed if you believe that He is that Unique, then you must then have to accept that he would not have looked like anything since Moses and those before Jesus that no man have seen Him and lived, but Jesus was seen and everyone lived without a single death because of his sighting!

But through jesus we see God. In coming to this earth, Jesus declared or manifested God to us - Jn 1:18
And when Jesus was begging, crying and all the other, was he crying, begging the One you are seeing when you look at him doing all of those things? You see how unreal this idea is?

For one thing, He came to this earth from God, and is the only one who has truly seen Him - Jn 6:46 wink
Everyone came to the earth from God! According to your Biblical statement, Adam was shaped by the hands of God, and He breath (mouth to mouth; no?) into him so that he came alive. And then poke to him. And finally after Adam and his wife ate the fruit, they hid from Him, and He was looking for them. Finally they heard His footsteps, and in the long run spoke to Him and He sent them out of the Garden of Eden. Are you now saying to me that throughout all these ordeals, Adam and indeed the woman, Eve did not see the Christian God, or is Jesus also Adam and Eve combined?
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 11:33pm On Sep 20, 2009
@ttalks

(13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
(14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
(15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.(18) And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Well said wink
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2009
David, david, david, i fear for you on the day of reckoning if God does not guide you.

Why was james Gospel stripped jesus from the godhead while he was a scholar like paul, why did paul collaborate with the romans to evict james ? Shine ur eye, have you heard of any Prophet starting as an enemy to a friend ? Wake up man
Re: Trinity Explained by Bobbyaf(m): 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2009
@boby, are you saying that jesus is not god ?

But I said before that He is, and now you ask me that question? Weren't you reading my posts?
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 11:42pm On Sep 20, 2009
And how many gods do u have ?
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2009
Abuzola:

David, david, david, i fear for you on the day of reckoning if God does not guide you.

Why was james Gospel stripped jesus from the godhead while he was a scholar like paul, why did paul collaborate with the romans to evict james ? Shine your eye, have you heard of any Prophet starting as an enemy to a friend ? Wake up man

your allah's plan is NOT to guide but to lead astray, that much is in the quran so no thanks.

Paul did not collaborate with Romans to evict James . . . i'm sure you can read history books rather than relying on your lying alfa.
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 11:45pm On Sep 20, 2009
@ttalks; « #32 on: Today at 11:28:27 PM »  
Obviously post Jesus era, so its all conjecture.

(1)  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2)  The same was in the beginning with God.
We can now see why the muslims say that the Bible; Old Testaments and new Testaments oppose themselves. In Genesis which began the thread, it is quoted that heavens and earth were created before any spoken word. Hence Jesus was not there at the beginning if he was the word! Lol.

(3)  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
And Morris argued that all things after heavens and earth, were made through him by God, but ttalks says he was the maker and not God the Speaker of the word! Can the Christians ever get together and present a common front, even if that front is a lie, but a singular common front, because your division makes it easy for somebody like me to be seeing so many hays, above a single niddle, instead of the more difficult task of looking for a niddle in a hayt stack!
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2009
@davidylan; discuss trinity. leave Allah of islam out of it. leave allah of the pagan arabs out of it. this trinity is your archilles heel, so deal with it!
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 20, 2009
olabowale:

@davidylan; discuss trinity. leave Allah of islam out of it. leave allah of the pagan arabs out of it. this trinity is your archilles heel, so deal with it!

As if muslims have EVER discussed islam without running to grab the bible.

Look . . . why is islam concerned about the trinity? what is it to you? Why dont you give it a rest and go pray to allah?
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 11:56pm On Sep 20, 2009
Colossians 1:15-17 WHO (Jesus) IS THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD, the firstborn of every creature:For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. wink
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 11:57pm On Sep 20, 2009
You should be the one to read the history book. You have nn knowledge of ur religion foundation. Wata shame
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 12:01am On Sep 21, 2009
Since the Christians do not wish to discuss the Trinity in any shape or form, then let them be "with their Donkey book loading on its back syndrome". I am out!
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 12:19am On Sep 21, 2009
To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of ignorance. ~A. Bronson Alcott wink
Re: Trinity Explained by Bobbyaf(m): 2:29am On Sep 21, 2009
Since the Christians do not wish to discuss the Trinity in any shape or form, then let them be "with their Donkey book loading on its back syndrome". I am out!

Have you been reading my posts? Obviously not.
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 21, 2009
very funny
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 21, 2009
uplawal:

very funny

coward . . . when are you going to trace me with your sword?
Re: Trinity Explained by xynerio(m): 4:31am On Sep 21, 2009
You all know about the baptism of Jesus and you want to tell me you didnt witness the trinity. The father spoke(this is MY BELOVED SON) the son was present and the spirit came in form of a dove and rest on Jesus. Hypocrite cant u understand the bible for once. Whats there to argue?
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 5:01am On Sep 21, 2009
@Xynerio

You all know about the baptism of Jesus and you want to tell me you didnt witness the trinity. The father spoke(this is MY BELOVED SON) the son was present and the spirit came in form of a dove and rest on Jesus. Hypocrite cant u understand the bible for once. Whats there to argue?

Thanxx a lot for the above grin.That's the best revelation about the 'Trinity' have learned so far. Infact, ever since I've known the TRUTH. Cheers wink
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 8:28am On Sep 21, 2009
Jesus is son of God just like you and me, so whats the fuss all about. Delusion indeed
Re: Trinity Explained by xynerio(m): 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2009
@Abuzola. Yes Jesus is the son of God and God gave authority to do all things. Remember is with the name of Jesus that u can ask a mountain to move and it will obey and u can cast out demons with that same name. The name above every other name. Even David called him lord. The muslims claimed that mohamad is the promised comforter WRONG! The comforter is the Holy spirit. My last warning is this, WHOSOEVER THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE IN THE HOLY TRINITY IS ALREADY CONDEMN.
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2009
So jesus isn't god ? Do we agree
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2009
@abuzola,

Jesus is son of God just like you and me, so whats the fuss all about. Delusion indeed

You are right Abuzola. But can you name just one man or woman born the same way as Jesus. John 3:6, Jesus said, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit". wink
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2009
Bobbyaf: « #46 on: Today at 02:29:50 AM »

Have you been reading my posts? Obviously not.
I read your posts, and unfortunately I know that you are an intellifgent man, but you suddenly jump to conclusion, without a methodical step by step process that is understandable, in human language and thoughts to get us from point A to point Z of the Trinity course, because you know that it does not make any sense!

How do you say you are a God when you are obviously a human, and say with your own mouth that you have limited knowledge, calling another God to help you, asking Him to aid you, saying you cant do anyhing of your own except He does it by allowing you to have the power of doing it, etc? If Trinity is the concept by which this fake God is calibrated to be God, then Trinity is destroyed by the simple fact that the human god is proven to be human alone and not in any shape a God! I read you Boobyaf, but your material is not qualified as a thing that proofs the existence of Trinity. Nothing does, and the more you struggle with it, the easier to see the follies of that effort!
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2009
Proverbs Chapter 3:5-6 reads: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." This is a promise of guidance. God will direct our paths if we fulfil the conditions. What are the conditions?

First of all: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and don't lean on your own reason and intelligence. It doesn't say there that we should not use our reason or intelligence, but not to depend on it. God created our powers of reasoning and our intelligence. But like God created Eve to be subject to Adam, reason must be subject to the Holy Spirit. A wife is most useful in a home. But if she takes over the headship of the home, there will be chaos - as when Eve took over the headship in Eden and sinned. We have to use our reason (and intelligence) to find God's will, Without our intelligence we would not be able to study God's Word or even live in this world. But we must depend on the Holy Spirit to enlighten our reason. Faith is not contrary to reason but is beyond reason - just like multiplication is not against addition but is beyond addition.

Secondly: Acknowledge God in all your ways. That means to obey every single thing that God reveals to you. Give the Lord first place in every area of your life. Then the Lord will lead you in His perfect will.

Without these two, no one will never understand God wink
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 11:39pm On Sep 21, 2009
@kola, so why is jesus so special if we are like him i.e children of God
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 21, 2009
@aAbuzola pls give me ur yahoo ady
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2009
@Kolaxy: « #56 on: Today at 11:18:36 PM »  
Proverbs Chapter 3:5-6 reads: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." This is a promise of guidance. God will direct our paths if we fulfil the conditions. What are the conditions?
We see that the good stuffs are all from after Jesus in the Bible, yet they say he is their god, trying to be Christ-like, and rarely do the quote him, alwasy an after thought or a snippet in the sea of Paul and gang stuffs. Maybe this is the reason they failed to follow the injuction of Jesus on the Laws and the prophets situation, they learn how to trust later. If he is this ineffective in your life, my cling to him, just for the blood? Your disregarding him is a litmus of the effectiveness of his blood; Zero effectivenss!

]quote]First of all: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and don't lean on your own reason and intelligence. It doesn't say there that we should not use our reason or intelligence, but not to depend on it. God created our powers of reasoning and our intelligence. But like God created Eve to be subject to Adam, reason must be subject to the Holy Spirit. A wife is most useful in a home. But if she takes over the headship of the home, there will be chaos - as when Eve took over the headship in Eden and sinned. We have to use our reason (and intelligence) to find God's will, Without our intelligence we would not be able to study God's Word or even live in this world. But we must depend on the Holy Spirit to enlighten our reason. Faith is not contrary to reason but is beyond reason - just like multiplication is not against addition but is beyond addition.
[/quote]And the Christians lie that Islam is a way that subjugates women, while we say it is not so, then the puntit Kolaxy representing Christianity brought about the true position of women in Christianity! We in Islam say that Adam and Eve were both equally responsible and there was no curse on any of them, part of the plan of Allah who created them in heaven so that they willeventually have a reason to live on earth to procreate as the viceroy, and the very reason that they were the first He accepted their repentance showing them mercy! Your whole concept above is borne of your own desire without a shred of good evidence! Your Bible is corrupt and when you disobey the instruction of the prophet you love to follow so much that you called him god, ten we ask you, is there anything truthul that can come out of your mouth? This is why all that you wrote seem to us as a Romantic novel, fantasy it is, far away from reality!

[quote]Secondly: Acknowledge God in all your ways. That means to obey every single thing that God reveals to you. Give the Lord first place in every area of your life. Then the Lord will lead you in His perfect will.

Without these two, no one will never understand God
Is there a people that do this as much as the Uncorrupted Quranic Muslims, while yu disobey Jesus, we see a lot of corruptions in your Bible and you structure your lives as you please, even your worship methodology is make up, the rason you have no uniform process, use catholics and Protestants as your example, yet we see many of the old sects make salah gesture like Muslims!
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 12:15am On Sep 22, 2009
Matthew 13:24-30

The Parable of the Weeds

24 Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27"The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'

28" 'An enemy did this,' he replied.
"The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?'

29" 'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.' " wink
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 1:00am On Sep 22, 2009
@Abuzola,

@kola, so why is jesus so special if we are like him i.e children of God

What makes Jesus so special?

Because of Who He said He was; He said He was God. In John 8:58, Jesus said, "Truly, Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." When He said, "I AM," He was quoting from the Old Testament in Exodus 3:14. That is where Moses was talking to God, and asked Him His name. God answered and said, "I AM." When Jesus said "I AM," He was claiming the name of God for Himself, and thereby claiming to be God. Other great men of history point to a philosophy and teach good ideas. Only Jesus pointed to Himself, claimed to be God, and spoke with authority that matched His claim.
Because of what He did; Jesus forgave sins (Luke 5:20). He rose from the dead (Luke 24; John 2:19-21), raised others from the dead (John 11:43-44), and He walked on water (John 6:19). No one on earth has ever done the things Jesus did. There is no way around it- Jesus is special; about that, there can be no doubt. wink
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 1:08am On Sep 22, 2009
I tire, were you not the one that agreed with me that jesus wasn't god ? Ha
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 5:45am On Sep 22, 2009
@Abuzola,

I tire, were you not the one that agreed with me that jesus wasn't god ? Ha

I hope you ain't referring to me. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Aim Of The Noah's Flood / Bible Contradictions: Should Christians Judge Or Not? / The Full Gist From Adoration Ministry Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.