Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Trinity Explained - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity Explained (3875 Views)

About The Trinity / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2009
2 Tim 2:23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. wink
Re: Trinity Explained by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:21am On Sep 27, 2009
The Trinity at work in redemption.

"In every major phase of the redemption, each Person of the Godhead is directly involved. Their involvement in each successive phase may be set out as follows:

[list]
[li]Incarnation. The Father incarnated the Son in the womb of Mary by the Holy Spirit. (Lk.1:35).[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Baptism in the Jordan River. The Spirit descended on the Son, and the Father spoke His approval from heaven (Matt.3:14-17).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Public ministry. The Father anointed the Son with the Spirit (Acts 10:38).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The crucifixion. Jesus offered Himself to the Father through the Spirit (Heb.9:14).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The resurrection. The Father resurrected the Son by the Spirit (Acts 2:32; Rom.1:4).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Pentecost. From the Father the Son received the Spirit, whom He then poured out on His disciples (Acts 2:33).[/li]
[/list]

Each Person of the Godhead -- and I mean this reverently -- was jealous to be included in the process of redeeming humanity." -- Derek Prince, Atonement
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2009
Olaadegu okare! Each is jealouse of the other, I am sure! This statement from you and the christian pundit actually corroborates the verse of the Quran that says "if there has been more than One God, the others will combine their efforts together and try to upstage the Supreme Lord,", even though they will be unsuccessful, but trial they will!
Re: Trinity Explained by noetic12: 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2009
olabowale:

Olaadegu okare! Each is jealouse of the other, I am sure! This statement from you and the christian pundit actually corroborates the verse of the Quran that says "if there has been more than One God, the others will combine their efforts together and try to upstage the Supreme Lord,", even though they will be unsuccessful, but trial they will!

when will u learn to stop comparing the bible to the plagiarised koran? . . .
Re: Trinity Explained by skydancer: 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2009
@Kolaxy: I really love your posts but it seems you are a little afraid of direct answers. You still haven't answered my questions. It may interest you that I wrote something like this about a month ago, just slightly different anyway. There's still a weak link on comprehending it. I had to break mine down to the simplest way possible and I have been reading it to make sure it is unarguable. You can buzz me on yahoo coz am not really steady on NL these days
Re: Trinity Explained by theseeker2: 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2009
Trinity = a vindictive father + a suicidal son + a dove
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2009
@ the_sickler

Thanx wink
Re: Trinity Explained by ttruth(m): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2010
Abuzola:

He said trinity never exist in the bible therefore is just an illussion

What do you know about the bible ? You don't even know your Quran and hadiths.
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2010
I'm a christian.JESUS CHRIST IS NOT GOD,i mean,he never claimed to be God.besides trinity can never be found in the bible.its just a doctrine.Jesus is the son of the almighty God Jehovah.while the holy spirit is not a person but force(Jehovahs active power).honestly,claiming that Jesus is God is blasphemy,infact satanic because you are trying in essence to create enmity between the almighty God and his humble son.Shalom
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 17, 2010
u've clearly defined the trinity,by saying God has a son,and ure also an heresy to christianity by saying jesus is not God,just dnt let pope hear this o
Re: Trinity Explained by alimat2(f): 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2010
uplawal:

u've clearly defined the trinity,by saying God has a son,and ure also an heresy to christianity by saying jesus is not God,just dnt let pope hear this o

Pope no go hear ooooo.  grin grin grin grin,

Uplawal since u and your husband are one it means that u are your husband and your husband is u grin shocked shocked grin,

Jesus son of god, he is also god  grin grin,Papa nd pickin nah d same thing grin grin ,

god send jesus to earth, since jesus is god dis means that god send him self to earth, grin grin grin

jesus cried on d cross my god my god why has thou forsaking me, since he is god he is at d same time crying to himself, Y  will he forsake himself .

Did  prophet Abraham,Moses,Noah,David, Solomon(peach unto them all) also worship the same trinity god?
Re: Trinity Explained by nuclearboy(m): 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2010
the_seeker:

@the_seeker:

are you sure you can stand an intelligent response to this obtuse statement?

Why do you people look for trouble then weep when it wakes up? If anyone were to give you what is logical considering your statement, you'd become constipated online and start screaming Jihad, insult etc. Why don't your remember you live in a glass house when you want to throw stones? So Okay, you think you defined Trinity - would you like a definition of Islam?

angry sad shocked
Re: Trinity Explained by DeepSight(m): 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
Must it be that case that when oddities are pointed out in one's religion, the receiving party can only respond by pointing out oddities in the religion of the questioning party?

Why not just address the glaring inconsistency?

Nuclearboy - the best escape for the trinitarian is to claim that it is a mystery transcending human understanding. I offer that route to you: take it: for you well know that it is NOT a logical dogma.

You also know very well that there are zillions of verses in the bible that positively negate the trinity.

So please dont blame others if they see inconsistencies while you struggle to defend every obvious verse in the bible which contradicts the trinity.
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
@alimat,they can never understand,except by ALLAH
Re: Trinity Explained by nuclearboy(m): 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
@DeepSight:

I have noticed that even when provoked or with fun poked at you, you remain calm and so have my respect. Look at this issue however - this "definition" comes from the world where criticism is met with murder and questions with anguished screams and frenzied gnashing of teeth.

I have told these "people; before that being truly divine, Jesus would find much of the insults funny - He has nothing to prove! But can you imagine them being reminded of the call, life and times of the man of Arabia?

And please stop pushing this thing you do so well at me - saying we "know" many things which you then conjure. You are leading the witness, Sir and this is not a court of law where presentation wins the matter rather than truth.

BTW, trinity does not transcend human understanding. I personally, get it and I am not past human. Body, Spirit and Soul; Me writing, me on the phone and me in the flesh. Simpler than OOI.
Re: Trinity Explained by skydancer: 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2010
Blasphemous people!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Helping Christians Think / When It Rains, Is It A Sin Not To Go To Church? / Pastor Adeboye - Man With Animals Inside His Head.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.