Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,347 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch (41278 Views)

2019: Endorsement Of Buhari By APC Governors Is Corruption – Ango Abdullahi / You Dislike Me For Parochial Sentiments, Jonathan Replies Critics / Buhari’s Parochial Appointments - Punch Editorial. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by ripbubu: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Rip buhari
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by millionaireman: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nduway:
Buhari has never had the interest of Nigeria at heart. He is an epic donkey who is after promoting and supporting his Islamised and radicalized brother. The climax of it was when he aborted the proposed movie village because of some unfortunate Muslim clerics all in the name of it causing immorality. What is more immoral than forcing am under age girl into marriage.

You got it right that Buhari has never had the interest of Nigeria at heart.

First official travel out of Nigeria by Buhari when he became President in 2015 was to Niger Republic for fraternity with his kit and kin.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by kings09(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
U don take style indict ur Buhari. Wat hapnd, did he offend u lately?
Standing5:
Nepotism promotes corruption and is corruption. It is more complex than corruption. Even corruption can't corrupt nepotism. Say NO to nepotism.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by DabuIIIT: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

When GEJ emptied our reserves like NEPA bills, did you guys expect the economy to boom? Did you guys think things will remain the same?

If OBJ wasted money like GEJ, do you know the hell we would have faced under Yaradua?

just listen to urself,obj that squandered and wasted and got a whopping $16m meant for power down the drain?! At least i was around when buhari took over and suddenly there was almost constant power supply at that point,which everybody attributed to buhari,haven never embarked on any project,then. If actually gej underperformed,why didnt buhari at leats maintain the status quo he met instead of retrogressing backward @ the speed of sound?
And pls,not insulting,but reason and read well before quoting somebody,cos i trully cant fathom how and why you brought obj into the scene not knowing a single thing about the wasted $16m meant to revamp power and the lamentations of his secretary of states then,the late ojo madueke,of the exclusive and glaring failure to solve the power problem despite the huge budget.. I wonder.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by KAYD007(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

GEJ who did not breach the Constitution, selected a cabinet of thieves and appointed people who did not have the success of his governance in their hearts.

I prefer a President who breaches the Constitution to deliver good governance than a President who abides strictly by the Constitution and lead his people to ruins.

In the number of years the north has ruled Nigeria, it has never been known to deliver good governance.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Standing5(m): 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
DabuIIIT:

you got it,nothing seems to be working in this dispensation...i got to town to get some stuff after a long while and was shocked,to say the least,at the astronomical rate of the prices of foodstuff..can you believe #500 can only get you 2 cups of rice!? I was at the mart the other day to get some nivea and nutriC and was taken aback at the new so high price. NutriC that sold for #175 per pack was marked #450! Can you beat that?! Worse off,i was deceived by the sudden regular power supply and decided to well,reactivate my rested gotv @ a #1,900...and enjoyed view for a day or so and darkness took over...i later found out it was nepa's usual stunt for distributing and at the same time, collecting their nepa bill and money...my gotv subscription has been burning up for nothing...for nothing. Its that bad. Survival is just by God's grace.
Thing are bad but not as bad as you potray here. Nutric-C has been selling for N250 per pack of 10 for over a year now. Why take it down to N175 to help exergerate the increase in price?
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by tuk2ato(m): 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
The former didnt see looting of public funds has corruption while the incumbent doesnt see nepotism has corruption.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Redoil: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
christinie:
Buhari's regime is the worst regime ever. Wish he could be impeached already.
but i saw you collecting maggi and salt from tinubu durrin the last election. Deny it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by whyteone: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Which one is hearsay again? I am giving my view and I do not expect a President who suffered a coup to fill his cabinet with people he does not trust.

It is not hearsay. It is simple logic.

Just as Mourinho suspected he suffered sabotage during his last reign at Chelsea.
I did not expect Mourinho to keep Ryan Giggs in a strong position in his coaching crew in Manchester United.

Mourinho chose an assistant he trust and who is close to him.

If
this can happen in football, how can we expect differently when it comes to governance.

It is better the President works with those he trust than feeling his cabinet with people he does not trust. Same goes to every other appointments.

TheGoodjoe is on this thread?Run Nairalanders,run!!The Feds are here!.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by july66: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
Adminisher:
This is the cowardly attitude of THIEVES when the punishment is impending they start bringing issues to confuse the process. Nepotism is actually permitted within bounds. There is Nepotism in the oil industry, PTF et.c. the entire Amnesty program is Nepotism. I get 20 CVs from young Nigerians looking for jobs and I will do all I can to fix them up. When I do it will appear to be Nepotism but I won't give a job to anyone if them not qualified.

This is different from large scale LOOTING as perpetrated under Jonathan. Stealing from future generations is not on the same level as helping a few from the current young generations.
if you got nothing reasonable to say, don't write rubbish. When somethg is wrong & its being pointed out & you come & type rubbish. Don't forget if this country remain together as I wish, a southerner will one day also be in charge. Let's engage in those things that forster unity & oneness. The acts being complained about here are vices that separates us & lead mutual suspicion among the ethnic nationalities. When you sideline an area, the natural tendency is for them to threaten secession like in SS & SE. Tinubu & co who were clamouring for restructuring have shut their mouth because they are now at the centre of action.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Standing5(m): 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
kings09:
U don take style indict ur Buhari. Wat hapnd, did he offend u lately?
nothing like "ur Buhari" wit me. Right from time I dey fire am if e misfire. In fact i dey treat any fùck-up of any political figure. Check my post and check well-well.
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by rozayx5(m): 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

When GEJ emptied our reserves like NEPA bills, did you guys expect the economy to boom? Did you guys think things will remain the same?

If OBJ wasted money like GEJ, do you know the hell we would have faced under Yaradua?

which reserves did gej empty?

u think u dey village square. from your posts your a zombie lord . no need educating u

focus on iheanacho

omoalayo

I always say that the so much acclaimed emptying of the treasury is better than wht We wud av had now..
The treasury was nt even emptied, about $30bn was left there..if GEJ had left much more money fr APC.. they wudav blown it.. Imagine feeding school pupils 3 times a day, paying 5k fr all unemployed youths nd some other stuffs that won't add to anything..
Evn if $100bn was left in the treasury, it wudav all been blown off by these guys.. Thank God GEJ spent them on projects that can be seen..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Trulie(m): 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
Jarus:
Even as a Buharist, I cannot fault Punch here. In fact, I have expressed similar views in published articles in newspapers.

It is quite unfortunately that this basic strategy is being bungled by the President.

Hearing this from a man i respect so much over the years here on nairaland gladdens me. People won't see beyond their subjective opinions for once and xray issues with just some more objectivity. I always know most here are just plain sycophants who are just not interested in the Nigerian project. Until we put Nigeria first, nothing will be solved.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by kings09(m): 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
OK oo. Let's keep doing d needful otherwise we ll wake up 1day n find out d country has bn sold. All these our leaders starting frm buhari to the least govt official have bn messing up
Standing5:
nothing like "ur Buhari" wit me. Right from time I dey fire am if e misfire. In fact i dey treat any fùck-up of any political figure. Check my post and check well-well.
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Trulie(m): 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
It is not about the sections of the country the appointments come from. What matters to us is, are they qualified for the job and will they succeed?

It is better the President works with those he trust than he hands over critical offices to this who he does not trust.

What matters is that the President believes and trust those he appointed.

So u mean if a southerner becomes a president tomorrow and he does same you won't cry to the mountain? Or the northerners won't react?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Obec70(m): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
I concour !

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Obec70(m): 9:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
I concour ! And everybody is keeping quit ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
stobery:

Abasi mbok!!! What is this one saying?

I was about to ask the same thing, this is the kind of people "receiving CV from young Nigerians" and yet one would wonder why the country is not working.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by christinie(f): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Stop exposing your mental status.

Redoil:
but i saw you collecting maggi and salt from tinubu durrin the last election. Deny it
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Godfather898989: 9:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
DabuIIIT:

the president is father to all,all who voted and who didnt vote for him..thats how great leaders are known. So be informed sir,you aint making a minute sense at all..
son did U read the article matter of factly?If u had u wouldn't be saying this nonsense moaner.
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
Trulie:

So u mean if a southerner becomes a president tomorrow and he does same you won't cry to the mountain? Or the northerners won't react?

I am a Southerner. Akwa Ibom State. I am not crying now. I want growth and I want the people to benefit from it.
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
rozayx5:

which reserves did gej empty?

u think u dey village square. from your posts your a zombie lord . no need educating u

focus on iheanacho

“My calculation is that if the economy was better managed, our foreign reserves should have been between $102 –$118 billion and exchange rate around N112 before the fall in oil prices. As of now, the reserves should be around $90 billion and exchange rate no higher than N125 per dollar,” Prof. Soludo.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175663-soludo-grades-jonathan-f-economy-says-administration-worst-ever.html
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Standing5(m): 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
kings09:
OK oo. Let's keep doing d needful otherwise we ll wake up 1day n find out d country has bn sold. All these our leaders starting frm buhari to the least govt official have bn messing up
I agree with u but some mess up pass some other ones. As 4 me I chose the smaller evil of the two evil.
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
KAYD007:

In the number of years the north has ruled Nigeria, it has never been known to deliver good governance.

The character of the man on top plays a major part in how the country is run.

When GEJ was on top, he was a Southerner but our reserves suffered and our Foreign debt increased.

So it is not just the tribe of the person that matters but ye character of that person. If the person wants the government to succeed, he will work with devotion.

That is what should concern us. Is the person dedicated and devoted to the success of he government. Not his tribe.
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by smartleo(m): 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
Adminisher:
This is the cowardly attitude of THIEVES when the punishment is impending they start bringing issues to confuse the process. Nepotism is actually permitted within bounds. There is Nepotism in the oil industry, PTF et.c. the entire Amnesty program is Nepotism. I get 20 CVs from young Nigerians looking for jobs and I will do all I can to fix them up. When I do it will appear to be Nepotism but I won't give a job to anyone if them not qualified.

This is different from large scale LOOTING as perpetrated under Jonathan. Stealing from future generations is not on the same level as helping a few from the current young generations.

Which kind rubbish this one dey talk sef.Federal character don comot for Nigeria constitution ABI,yeye political juguru.mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by DabuIIIT: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
Godfather898989:
son did U read the article matter of factly?If u had u wouldn't be saying this nonsense moaner.

thank u..Now creep back to wherever you came from,get lost..
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
DabuIIIT:

just listen to urself,obj that squandered and wasted and got a whopping $16m meant for power down the drain?! At least i was around when buhari took over and suddenly there was almost constant power supply at that point,which everybody attributed to buhari,haven never embarked on any project,then. If actually gej underperformed,why didnt buhari at leats maintain the status quo he met instead of retrogressing backward @ the speed of sound?
And pls,not insulting,but reason and read well before quoting somebody,cos i trully cant fathom how and why you brought obj into the scene not knowing a single thing about the wasted $16m meant to revamp power and the lamentations of his secretary of states then,the late ojo madueke,of the exclusive and glaring failure to solve the power problem despite the huge budget.. I wonder.

It is a mirage believing things were healthy under GEJ. It was not. We borrowed to pay Workers despite a windfall of dollars from our revenue like not other.

We dipped our hands in the ECA to pay Subsidy. In NNPC, there are clear evidences of diversion of our Crude Oil Revenue.
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by skywalker240(m): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
will the yorubas listen?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by kristisking(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
Adminisher:

Irrational thinking such as this will not help the country move forward. What benefit has this lopsided appointment brought to Nigeria other than hardship? One would have reasoned that so far those he appointed bring the desired change, where they came wont have been a problem, but a situation where his lopsided appointment is taking the country backward, every reasonable Nigerian should speak up.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by DabuIIIT: 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is a mirage believing things were healthy under GEJ. It was not. We borrowed to pay Workers despite a windfall of dollars from our revenue like not other.

We dipped our hands in the ECA to pay Subsidy. In NNPC, there is clear evidence of diversion of our Crude Oil Revenue.

abeg i yaff hear,thank u. As for me and my house,its forward ever,backward never. These sermons on the mount nairaland about the done gone jonathan are of no use. gudluck and gudnite.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by vislabraye(m): 10:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
Adminisher:

So going against Federal character is ok . What is wrong is wrong. Why would you condemn Gej for an offence and yet defend Buhari for the same offence. Btw, those people he even appointed are not even the best.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by dhantey324(m): 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
kings09:
Did u even read d post?
Sure I did and I have my reasons for my comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LP Rejects Thisday Poll , Says Peter Obi Popular Across The Federation / Borehole Controversy: I Am Disappointed In Obi - Tonto Dikeh / President Buhari Delivers Address At Bola Tinubu's 12th Colloquium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.