Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch (41282 Views)

2019: Endorsement Of Buhari By APC Governors Is Corruption – Ango Abdullahi / You Dislike Me For Parochial Sentiments, Jonathan Replies Critics / Buhari’s Parochial Appointments - Punch Editorial. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by vislabraye(m): 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
rozayx5:

which reserves did gej empty?

u think u dey village square. from your posts your a zombie lord . no need educating u

focus on iheanacho

Characteristics of zombies. By tbeir utterances you know them. However, I respect individuals who are open minded like Jarus.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by nellyelitz(m): 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
stobery:

Abasi mbok!!! What is this one saying?
Mbok kpong inwang ado
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by anibestlala(m): 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Adminisher:
This is the cowardly attitude of THIEVES when the punishment is impending they start bringing issues to confuse the process. Nepotism is actually permitted within bounds. There is Nepotism in the oil industry, PTF et.c. the entire Amnesty program is Nepotism. I get 20 CVs from young Nigerians looking for jobs and I will do all I can to fix them up. When I do it will appear to be Nepotism but I won't give a job to anyone if them not qualified.

This is different from large scale LOOTING as perpetrated under Jonathan. Stealing from future generations is not on the same level as helping a few from the current young generations.
you don't seem to get it do you? has his terrible nepotism stopped corruption? was it not the basis for budget padding where the alleged culprits were merely given new departments?mtcheeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by maxwell767(m): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
Adminisher:
This is the cowardly attitude of THIEVES when the punishment is impending they start bringing issues to confuse the process. Nepotism is actually permitted within bounds. There is Nepotism in the oil industry, PTF et.c. the entire Amnesty program is Nepotism. I get 20 CVs from young Nigerians looking for jobs and I will do all I can to fix them up. When I do it will appear to be Nepotism but I won't give a job to anyone if them not qualified.

This is different from large scale LOOTING as perpetrated under Jonathan. Stealing from future generations is not on the same level as helping a few from the current young generations.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by decomaniaboss(f): 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
Bethelwealthy:
........a man who cannot present the lowest certificate yet is president, pretending to be fighting corruption when he himself is Corruption Personified............
no no !!! Pls watch your tongue is k-w-a-r-u-p-t-i-o-n,pls grin grin !!! U may thank me later cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by compujyde: 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Excellentmind: 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
Punch should go to hell.

Its day of destruction is eminent.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by compujyde: 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
bro, How old are you? You can start by changing your font face to black, cause the blue you are using makes your sentiments glaringly obvious to the whole world. Ok, you talk of loyalists. What happened to his loyalists from the south west, have they suddenly gone extinct? He suffered a coup, what made him return? I don't blame him though, i blame those who rooted and voted him in.

I have no regrets over the state of the country cause i saw this coming, and never for once believed in the haven Buhari and his cohorts promised to you guys. Now it is obvious that they cannot solve the issues and they are asking Nigerians to think smart. Please you better find sth doing to help yourself -provide your water, setup solar systems for electricity etc. Cause if you wait for this govt, you are on your own.
TheGoodJoe:

Which one is hearsay again? I am giving my view and I do not expect a President who suffered a coup to fill his cabinet with people he does not trust.

It is not hearsay. It is simple logic.

Just as Mourinho suspected he suffered sabotage during his last reign at Chelsea. I did not expect Mourinho to keep Ryan Giggs in a strong position in his coaching crew in Manchester United.

Mourinho chose an assistant he trust and who is close to him.

If this can happen in football, how can we expect differently when it comes to governance.

It is better the President works with those he trust than filling his cabinet with people he does not trust. Same goes to every other appointment.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by ohmnetwork1: 11:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
Love Machine:
Didn't your northern brothers complained of marginalisation against gej even though gej' appointed mostly northerners, as minister of defense,NSA,and other top department in government?
Abi oooo.... I think the question shld be "Are they competed for does post enough with federal character biko nu...
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Realist2: 11:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
Adminisher:

very soon, u will be victim of this same nepotism and sectionalism, oh how times fly!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
radiokilla:
bro, How old are you? You can start by changing your font face to black, cause the blue you are using makes your sentiments glaringly obvious to the whole world. Ok, you talk of loyalists. What happened to his loyalists from the south west, have they suddenly gone extinct? He suffered a coup, what made him return? I don't blame him though, i blame those who rooted and voted him in.

I have no regrets over the state of the country cause i saw this coming, and never for once believed in the haven Buhari and his cohorts promised to you guys. Now it is obvious that they cannot solve the issues and they are asking Nigerians to think smart. Please you better find sth doing to help yourself -provide your water, setup solar systems for electricity etc. Cause if you wait for this govt, you are on your own.

Even in a booming economy, the Citizens have to think smart. The Citizens have a role to push the nation forward. It beats me that people find it bad that a leader, the VP calls for Nigerians to think smart.

Maybe, you think John F. Kennedy was a fool to ask Americans to "Think of what they can do for their country."

Unlike most doom singers, I see promise in this government. Corruption is still an ugly part of this country but we are seeing steps to curb it.

We have more transparency than before and less wastage. We saw strides in fixing the wastage in the NNPC. We are more conscious of corrupt acts in Government.

Yes we are facing challenges now. As the war against Corruption continues and more leakages in the government is plugged, we will have more dividends to build the country.

As the Dark Clouds of the last government fades, we would see the day light.

The fruits of good governance like Infrastructures, capital projects and massive investments in different areas of the country.

The inflation we suffered was due to the wastage of the last government and drop in Crude Oil Revenue due to the Crude Price crash.

Unlike lots of people, I see promise in this government. I am optimistic that we would celebrate this government.

We have gone from Stealing of our reserves not being corruption to tagging selecting loyalist to work with the government as Corruption. That is already a great stride.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by TheLastIdiot: 12:02am On Aug 02, 2016
Adminisher:

Shurrruuup dia! Ewu 5 naira!!! angry
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by micfoley: 12:18am On Aug 02, 2016
Kudos to Punch. Brave, truthful and patriotic

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by micfoley: 12:27am On Aug 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Even in a booming economy, the Citizens have to think smart. The Citizens have a role to push the nation forward. It beats me that people find it bad that a leader, the VP calls for Nigerians to think smart.

Maybe, you think John F. Kennedy was a fool to ask Americans to "Think of what they can do for their country."

Unlike most doom singers, I see promise in this government. Corruption is still an ugly part of this country but we are seeing steps to curb it.

We have more transparency than before and less wastage. We saw strides in fixing the wastage in the NNPC. We are more conscious of corrupt acts in Government.

Yes we are facing challenges now. As the war against Corruption continues and more leakages in the government is plugged, we will have more dividends to build the country.

The fruits of good governance like Infrastructures, capital projects and massive investments in different areas of the country.

The inflation we suffered was due to the wastage of the last government and drop in Crude Oil Revenue due to the Crude Price crash.

Unlike lots of people, I see promise in this government. I am optimistic that we would celebrate this government.

We have gone from Stealing of our reserves to not being corruption and tagging selecting loyalist to work with the government as Corruption. That is already a great stride.
Guy, honestly I understand the government has made some commendable achievements but let's call a spade a spade. Buhari's appointments are the embarassingly lopsided. Can you imagine the hell APC would have let loose in the media if Jonathan's appointments we're mainly from Ijawland or the South South?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by centboy123456(m): 12:40am On Aug 02, 2016
counsellorwiser:

Punch is an iPod paper now... cheesy The media that shockingly brought Buhari to power would definitely seek to atone for their shortsightedness by pulling him down.

Guy wat do u mean by Punch is an iPod paper now tell me go school u nor ge u say na apc u one carry for head guy I sorry for u
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:54am On Aug 02, 2016
micfoley:

Guy, honestly I understand the government has made some commendable achievements but let's call a spade a spade. Buhari's appointments are the embarassingly lopsided. Can you imagine the hell APC would have let loose in the media if Jonathan's appointments we're mainly from Ijawland or the South South?

The present Government has shown promise of good leadership. It is welcomed. What should concern us is them putting more strides in making living conditions better.

We need this government to get some of the projects they have in the pipeline going.

We need creativity, a big boost in the agricultural sector to create an Agricultural Revolution.

These should be our problem and not the hell PDP wants to raise. PDP should spend time in more constructive criticism.
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Godfather898989: 5:48am On Aug 02, 2016
DabuIIIT:

thank u..Now creep back to wherever you came from,get lost..
Grow up child u r too tribalistic.
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by kikake: 6:20am On Aug 02, 2016
Oksman:
This editorial from punch says it all and is the obvious truth, but 'MALIBYANS' would not like this 'ZOMBIES', would recoil to their shells for this unprecedented attack from one of their members; but for the WAILERS, it's party time to welcome punch to their fold.....hahaha.

Welcome Punch Editorial team to the Wailers Club.

Did WE not tell you people that you're supporting Nigeria's Number one Ethno/Religious bigot to become Nigeria's president?

That notwithstanding, Punch organized the greatest propaganda of falsehood ever in any of Nigeria's Election process to promote Muhammadu Buhari for president of Nigeria..

Worse, Punch knew that Buhari is an Economic illiterate, had no O'Level qualification to sail through the provision of the Electoral Laws.

And now instead of doing a most common thing if he truly has O'Level certificate as he claimed in an Affidavit, the anti-corruption Buhari may have been using government funds to pay for about a dozen Senior Advocates of Nigeria to defend him from presenting his O'Level academic certificate.

What a heist Buhari and Punch pulled through against Nigeria in the 21st Century!!!!

Nigerians have been suffering under Buhari government.

The many democratization advances made since 1999 are nearly eroded.

See what ethnic bigotry fetched Nigeria.

Well, it's good that Punch has quickly changed direction after seeing what others saw during the last presidential election campaign.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by 49cents(m): 6:36am On Aug 02, 2016
totorimi:
Lets give it up for president Buhari he has achieved something in the month of JULY, there was no foreign tour for him and his vp, wow. At least for once since he assumed office he has earned his pay.

At least we know in some countries the mere information of protest in their country some presidents will cut short their trips and return home to tackle the issue but here in our country it is in the middle of crisis that our president will travel, even if they hear thay the country is tearing apart due to fuel crisis they wont even do as if they know a country called Nigeria.

He is no longer welcome in many countries going by his lack lustre performance

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by 49cents(m): 6:54am On Aug 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We have gone from Stealing of our reserves not being corruption to tagging selecting loyalist to work with the government as Corruption. That is already a great stride.

Transparency? Seriosuly

They collected monies from looters are refused to give us a breakdown of who brought in what.....we only have their word for the total...and you say transparency

No single APC party man has been called out for corruption; Tinubu exposed Fashola's abuse of office but the EFCC dogs were told by their master not to bark in fashola's direction, instead he was made a super minsiter!!!!

Why can't buhari balance key appoints with even those in the SW? The response is that he appoints people he can trust!!! That means he has nobody he can trust even in the SW

Love for a person can make people sentimental in their judgement and it is easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled

I keep praying for Nigeria and particularly Mr President that he may have the wisdom and courage to do the right thing
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by MrPresident1: 7:00am On Aug 02, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3184972/buharis-lopsided-appointments-sign-end

The appointments were analysed spiritually cool on this ^ thread ^ a while ago.
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by DabuIIIT: 7:01am On Aug 02, 2016
Godfather898989:
Grow up child u r too tribalistic.
again,get lost
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 02, 2016
Adminisher:

You are just an ediot

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by PhilemonObende: 7:27am On Aug 02, 2016
dumbuhari the one who showed that paying 54 SAN lawyers is cheaper than showing us his WAEC certificate. The lord and master of the yorubas. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by Efikman(m): 7:27am On Aug 02, 2016
Jarus:
Even as a Buharist, I cannot fault Punch here. In fact, I have expressed similar views in published articles in newspapers.

It is quite unfortunately that this basic strategy is being bungled by the President.
HAVE THIS...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by PhilemonObende: 7:30am On Aug 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
What we need is improved living conditions. Not appointments from every section of the country.

If the appointed people perform well, then the appointments were right.

keep fooling yourself there.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by counsellorwiser(m): 7:59am On Aug 02, 2016
centboy123456:

Guy wat do u mean by Punch is an iPod paper now tell me go school u nor ge u say na apc u one carry for head guy I sorry for u

Have you got any education at all? undecided
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by sorepco(m): 8:34am On Aug 02, 2016
Whats ur point?? By the mere fact that yorubbas were the main foot soldiers in his election both vurtually n physically he should ve favoured them more than his brothers if am to believe your theory on nepotusm and anility!!!
Adminisher:

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by jojothaiv(m): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2016
Parochial.....

I just learn new words everyday!
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2016
49cents:

Transparency? Seriosuly

They collected monies from looters are refused to give us a breakdown of who brought in what.....we only have their word for the total...and you say transparency

No single APC party man has been called out for corruption; Tinubu exposed Fashola's abuse of office but the EFCC dogs were told by their master not to bark in fashola's direction, instead he was made a super minsiter!!!!

Why can't buhari balance key appoints with even those in the SW? The response is that he appoints people he can trust!!! That means he has nobody he can trust even in the SW

Love for a person can make people sentimental in their judgement and it is easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled

I keep praying for Nigeria and particularly Mr President that he may have the wisdom and courage to do the right thing

I am talking of transparency in handling our Revenue. It has improved drastically and reduced lots of wastage.

A tenacious finance minister, Kemi Adeosun, has told skint governors that they must make their finances public before they receive a second federal bailout. She has struck thousands of ghost workers off the public payroll.

Her “treasury single account” may be the biggest coup of all. It replaced a labyrinth of government piggy banks, giving Nigeria more control of its earnings. Financiers reckon that it could serve as a lesson to others in West Africa as well.

The continent’s most famously corrupt country might yet teach others a thing or two about transparency.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2016/07/economist-explains-13
Re: Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch by kikake: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2016
Did we not tell you?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari’s Top Aide In Trouble Over Attempt To Usurp Osinbajo’s Powers / Buratai Leads Soldiers On Routine Drills In Abuja (Photos) / Governor Fayose And Fashola Inspect Flyover Bridge In Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.