Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement (24394 Views)

Osinbajo And Fashola Visit Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Bridge (Photos) / Ben Bruce, Amaechi And Fayemi Hangout Together (Photos) / Lai Mohammed, Fashola And Fayemi At FEC Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm not impressed
Then u can kill ya self nah......bad belle
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by SmileRotr(m): 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
Well let us wait and see what the future holds for our dear giant steel company dwindling in coma. I pray it doesn't end on a signature in white paper with a euphoria of photo display.. I am praying for progress.. Comr. Smile.
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by LastProphet: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
i don't see indians reviving anything, they hate to invest, only to reap. Kogi might be cursed after all
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by rottennaija(m): 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm not impressed
You shouldn't
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by mmsen: 11:14pm On Aug 01, 2016
More money down the drain.

Let a private Nigerian entity purchase and run the business as a business instead of pouring more government funds into a project that has already lost hundreds of millions (by one way or another).
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by foonshur(m): 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Indians again?
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by fyneguy: 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
CliffordOrji:
Same here ..... I have lost count on the number of agreement and MoU signed for the revitalisation of the moribund Ajaokuta Steel Mill since the administration of former President Obasanjo

A smart and patriotic fellow would not j dismiss an event such as this, with a wave of the hand; he would seek details of the agreement, framework of its implementation and ask salient questions incidental to the development of that key sector.

It's really sad that most Nigerians are so petty and unpatriotic.
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by kpumpey: 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
wowmenow:
IN THE THIRD PICTURE WHY IS OSIBANJO BEGGING TO SHAKE THE WHITE MAN

THIS VICE RESIDENT AND THE PRESIDENT DOES NOT LOOK CONFIDENT IN THEIR POST
Indians are not white. Bushman

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by porka: 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
The Indians are not going to revive anything. They were 'paid' to opt out of Ajaokuta forthe federal government to take over. They will now hold on to Aladja alone. 

That's the 'modified concession' they referred to there. The federal government is now either going to run the plant as a wasteful parastatal under Fayemi through budgetary provisions or look for their friends to concession it to, like El Rufai did with Pentascope then.

What‎ they have not told us is how much was 'paid' to get the Indians out.  The initial agreement specified a penalty for an  alteration or breach.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by xxgig(m): 11:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
DaudaAbu:
Indians again?

For the same Ajaokuta that they have not improved on before?
I HOPE I AM WRONG, COS I LOST INTEREST WHEN I SAW THAT INDIAN IN THE PIC
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by porka: 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm not impressed

‎The agreement is to get the Indians out of Ajaokuta and confine them to Aladja. 

The plant is now fully federal government owned. That was what they said weeks ago. ‎

They are probably going to open a new bid for concessioning or begin to pump money into it from the budget. ‎

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by micfoley: 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
We need this project working like yesterday
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by trinitylove(m): 11:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
LastProphet:
i don't see indians reviving anything, they hate to invest, only to reap. Kogi might be cursed after all

lol smiley hi
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by BushDoctor123: 12:41am On Aug 02, 2016
notindome:
Anything short of dealing directly with the original builders of ASCL is a continuation of Fraud and in-sincerity by the FG on the Ajaokuta issue. so-called change, we hear una.

God, why always Nigeria? Gosh
On point my brother, Fayemi and those cabals still am twisted Mr president to sign the deal with those criminally minded Indians because of their selfish interest. I weep for the nation called Nigeria, our hope on having a functional steel industry will be a mirage if we don't go back to the original designer/builder.
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by situationroom: 12:46am On Aug 02, 2016
oduastates:
Hopefully this will not turn out to be another failure.
You can leave oil today and build a more prosperous country on that single steel plant today.
From building whole factories, rail lines,cars,power plants and coaches to aircrafts.
You however, need a lot of intelligent people to mage such a society (something Nigeria seriously lacks)

Nigeria does not lack intelligent people sir. Saying that would mean you too are unintelligent
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by BushDoctor123: 12:52am On Aug 02, 2016
Vatsyayana:

Forget it...the original builders no longer exist...it has gone from being a National Corporation to being a limited liability company.
What we need is good regulation & close monitoring from our govt.
I disagree sir, from a very reliable source the original designer/builder (TPE) are very much ready too complete what they started, are you aware that they built and are still maintaining all the steel plant in India? Those cabal who are milking from the steel industry are still in govt.
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by koluray: 2:25am On Aug 02, 2016
r

Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by ademusiwa14: 3:14am On Aug 02, 2016
[size=28pt]are there 2 osibanjo, i cant see well. i need glass, but i am getting the feel there is a scam going on.
[/size]

Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by xtivin(m): 5:21am On Aug 02, 2016
The Indians were producing rods from the rolling mills and were almost rolling steel when the concession was cancelled at first...this is a compensation agreement because nigeria lost out of the case at the u.k..but govt has to monitor them this time for them not to steal Ajaokuta equipments again
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by tonymania(m): 5:43am On Aug 02, 2016
wowmenow:

How on earth do want him to shook his hand, give that pic to anyone dey will tell u is okay, abeg park well
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Sunnah1(m): 5:52am On Aug 02, 2016
Sunofgod:
Invalid.....a 'mere commissioner' cannot sign such a document!

Still better than your entire generation.
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Aristo3146(m): 6:29am On Aug 02, 2016
grin grin
CliffordOrji:
Same here ..... I have lost count on the number of agreement and MoU signed for the revitalisation of the moribund Ajaokuta Steel Mill since the administration of former President Obasanjo
And that's why we voted for change...
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Ekemyx(m): 6:48am On Aug 02, 2016
josephine123:
GOOD ONE
this BASTARDS scattered DSC(delta steel company) owed company ,3500 workers and banks to the tune of 62billion naira and now going to do same to ajakuta....Buhari dont allow this please am crying...go to DSC and see first what they did...they owed workers for for 2 years and 4months without salary or pay off..they ran away one faithful night with the help of the corrupt PDP...now the Change govt has accepted them,this criminals...Please this will not happen..I will go any length ..I mean any length to foil this attempt by this Demonic Indians to turn this country to their slavery caste-system like country,it can't happen...we can't work and be treated like slave in our country.. if Buhari,APC,obasanjo(their finaciers) like,they should continue...but am willing to shout till my voice is heard somewhere in the world..Mitral,Global steel, and all the indains there are Fraudsters...this is a Warning..go to DSC and see for your self this is not a story go and SEE with your eyes..this is life..I will take channels tv there with my money because this wicked Indians can't continue.they better tear that MOU or the document....E NOR GO WORk this time..una done fail totally
Aristo3146:
grin grin And that's why we voted for change...
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Ekemyx(m): 6:48am On Aug 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm not impressed
this BASTARDS scattered DSC(delta steel company) owed company ,3500 workers and banks to the tune of 62billion naira and now going to do same to ajakuta....Buhari dont allow this please am crying...go to DSC and see first what they did...they owed workers for for 2 years and 4months without salary or pay off..they ran away one faithful night with the help of the corrupt PDP...now the Change govt has accepted them,this criminals...Please this will not happen..I will go any length ..I mean any length to foil this attempt by this Demonic Indians to turn this country to their slavery caste-system like country,it can't happen...we can't work and be treated like slave in our country.. if Buhari,APC,obasanjo(their finaciers) like,they should continue...but am willing to shout till my voice is heard somewhere in the world..Mitral,Global steel, and all the indains there are Fraudsters...this is a Warning..go to DSC and see for your self this is not a story go and SEE with your eyes..this is life..I will take channels tv there with my money because this wicked Indians can't continue.they better tear that MOU or the document....E NOR GO WORk this time..una done fail totally
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Ekemyx(m): 6:49am On Aug 02, 2016
Seened:
All I want is Nigeria producing industrial grade steel.

The eastern Europeans who built the plant avoided it like the plague. I hope this collaboration with the Indians will revive Ajaokuta.

FG, GIVE ME STEEL!
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Ekemyx(m): 6:51am On Aug 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Nigeria government is good at signing MoU on paper that has no effect in real sense.
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Ekemyx(m): 6:51am On Aug 02, 2016
wowmenow:

DaudaAbu:
Indians again?

For the same Ajaokuta that they have not improved on before?
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Ekemyx(m): 6:52am On Aug 02, 2016
Realdeals:
I pray it works out
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Ekemyx(m): 6:53am On Aug 02, 2016
Sunnah1:

Still better than your entire generation.
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Ekemyx(m): 6:55am On Aug 02, 2016
londonrivals:
Pramod Mittal Chairman, Global Infrastructure Nigeria Limited and Dr. Kayode Fayemi Minister Of Solid Minerals exchange the Signed Ajaokuta Modified Concession Agreement with His Excellency Prof. Yemi Osinbajo SAN.

See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/08/photos-osinbajo-and-fayemi-sign.html
Re: Osinbajo And Fayemi Sign Ajaokuta Agreement by Seened: 7:00am On Aug 02, 2016
Ekemyx:

For real? The same Indians?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Traces N47.2billion, $487.5million To Diezani Alison-madueke / Allegations Of Manipulation At PDP Convention As "Unity List" Is Unveiled / Umar Bindir, Adamawa SSG Supports Fulani Herdsmen Carrying Arms (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.