Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari (1565 Views)

Jonathan Will Divide Nigeria If He Lose Election - FFK The Hero Of the Liepod / Buhari And El-rufai Will Divide Nigeria – Apostle Suleman / APC Governors Resolve To Seek Ekweremadu’s Removal As They Meet With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by suasmablow(m): 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
The Anglican ArchBishop of the Enugu Province,
Most Rev Dr. Emmanuel Chukwuma on Monday
urged the President Muhammadu Buhari led
government to desist from further plot to
remove the Deputy Senate President, Chief Ike
Ekweremadu.
The All Progressives Congress, APC, led
administration had continued to rue the
emergence of Ekweremadu.
Speaking to journalists on the sideline of the
town hall meeting organized by the Federal
Ministry of Information in Enugu, Chukwuma
also insisted that “Nigerias is negotiable
because people are wounded; people are being
sidelined and this is what is causing this spate
of bombings by Avengers and all these people
who are agitators.
“The more you make Nigerians to know that
they are part of the government and receive the
social amenities and care, then there will be no
need for us to talk about restructuring.
“Restructuring will surely be done because the
way things are going, it has to be restructured.
South-East is the only zone that has five states. You have to restructure because without restructuring there will be marginalization.”
“We need to know that Nigerians are Nigerians;
to keep Nigeria as one is a task that must be
done, but Nigerians must be carried along
without any part being neglected in
appointments, in infrastructure, and even when
you see how they appoint some South-East people into government, it does not translate to
infrastructural development. It does not.”
He added that “this town hall meeting is an
opening for the Minister to tell the President
that we are not happy; we need to be carried
along, we need to be recognized.
“But we appeal to our brothers, let us be patient
and see what will happen and this town hall
meeting should not just be a jamboree, it
should be studied for implementation and
action to take place as soon as possible.”
On Ekweremadu, he noted that “What we are
saying is that APC should not be afraid of
Ekweremadu; Ekweremadu is a very simple
developing senator and out of all the senators
in the South East, Ekweremadu is the most, I
must say, loved, hard-working senator that APC
can make use of to develop Nigeria.
“We want to also express that it is unfortunate
that the governor of Imo State has continued to
insult him and we say that this is not right, he
should be called to order by the APC because
Ekweremadu was not elected by the APC and
election in the senate was not done by
governors.
“So, if a senator is going to survive in
the senate, that senator must come to pay
homage to the leading senator in the South-East.
“The governor of Imo State should tread with
caution, if he is an Igbo man, otherwise he is a
betrayer. I want to call him to order that if he
continues this way, the Igbos will deny him.
“Ekweremadu should be left alone to do his
work, he has been elected constitutionally as
Deputy Senate President and nobody can
remove him there. If they do that, it means that
this government doesn’t want the Igbos, then
you are calling for its secession from Nigeria
because that is the high ranking position we
have and we are all behind him and he has been performing, and he should be left to perform.”

Source: dailypost.ng/2016/08/01/eekweremadus-removal-will-divide-nigeria-archbishop-chukwuma-cautions-buhari/

Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
Buhari is technically aware of this, anyway.
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Flexherbal(m): 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
We need new sets of politicians.
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Ekehwinz: 10:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
nothing will happen if they remove him. Igbos are not radical like the north

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by okosodo: 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nigeria is divided already
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Is that all?..smh
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by pedel: 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
Can anybody prove to me that this country is not under a curse?
How can a country be like this?
Confused politicians, confused preachers, confusion everywhere.
I am tired.
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Abagworo(m): 11:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
okosodo:
Nigeria is divided already

Yes between APC supporters like me and PDP supporters like you. PDP needs to realize game is up and they should plan ahead for the future. APC will be winning 90% of elections henceforth and it proves majority are with APC.

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by fyneguy: 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
imagine how people think
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Oksman(m): 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
pedel:
Can anybody prove to me that this country is not under a curse?
How can a country be like this?
Confused politicians, confused preachers, confusion everywhere.
I am tired.
You are one under a curse and the one that is confused and tired.
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Oksman(m): 12:25am On Aug 02, 2016
pedel:

Your parents will die regretting giving birth to you. Your generations are cursed. I decree that Anyone that render you any form of help will die of stroke. I place a curse of insufficiency on you and your future generations. You will remain a source of grief and sorrow to your household. Anyone who curses me is cursed.
I annul every word, and reverse every curse you posted here against me, it shall not stand and shall never come to pass in Jesus name. Empty brain! read proverbs 26:2 you have already laid a curse on youself by asking for proof that your country is cursed. I am a nigerian and hence nigeria is not cursed.

4 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Emyogalanya: 12:28am On Aug 02, 2016
Lies
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by CONFAMA: 1:40am On Aug 02, 2016
lmao... yeye ipob bishop... shitgboes said worse about nnamdi kanu not being released.

Till now he is almost a year in jail and still counting. Igbos can only wail, chestbeat, fast and pray or at most cry like their governors...

grin

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by menxer: 1:52am On Aug 02, 2016
Hhhhhhmmmm

So when Okadigbo, Enwerem, etc were removed Nigeria didn't break, is it because PMB is there that Nigeria will break if someone is removed?

Issorite
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by funlord(m): 2:27am On Aug 02, 2016
Because ekweremadu is now as revered as jesus abi?

This fake pastor needs to drink a tall glass of shut the _fuck up juice!

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Ratello: 3:24am On Aug 02, 2016
Removed? What is this Preacher preaching here? If Ekweremadu is found guilty then he should be kicked out of that seat along with his partner in crime Bukola Saraki

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 4:27am On Aug 02, 2016
Did God tell u that??
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by FagsamPHP(m): 4:47am On Aug 02, 2016
k
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by amaechi1: 4:53am On Aug 02, 2016
Ekehwinz:
nothing will happen if they remove him. Igbos are not radical like the north

Nice one my brother. I doubt if the arc bishop made that comment. Otherwise, I will appreciate the bishop should encourage him to concentrate in clearing his name on the alleged forgery.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by blackpanda: 5:19am On Aug 02, 2016
Why must they always mention Buhari in everything. Buhari is head of the executive, not the legislature. This is becoming ridiculous. Its almost like some people are obsessed with the name, the cant eat sleep or breathe without calling Buhari. Smh
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:17am On Aug 02, 2016
It will not divide Nigeria....cool

Even those in Ekwemeremadu's senatorial axis will move on their normal businesses cool
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by FreeGlobe(f): 6:36am On Aug 02, 2016
blackpanda:
Why must they always mention Buhari in everything. Buhari is head of the executive, not the legislature. This is becoming ridiculous. Its almost like some people are obsessed with the name, the cant eat sleep or breathe without calling Buhari. Smh
So we should pretend the vengeful bigot called buhari is not behind everything?
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by blackpanda: 7:41am On Aug 02, 2016
FreeGlobe:

So we should pretend the vengeful bigot called buhari is not behind everything?

No dont pretend. He is not.
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Abagworo(m): 7:43am On Aug 02, 2016
Ratello:
Removed? What is this Preacher preaching here? If Ekweremadu is found guilty then he should be kicked out of that seat along with his partner in crime Bukola Saraki

Even if he's innocent no one reaps where he did not sow. Rochas Okorocha adviced them to decamp to APC for Igbo interest but they rather used it to blackmail Okorocha instead of accepting the truth. Had it been most Igbo politicians heeded to Okorocha's call Ndigbo would have been big stakeholders in APC. Since Ekweremadu is in PDP he has no business in APC government.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Nature8(m): 9:09am On Aug 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by moshmusth(m): 9:44am On Aug 02, 2016
I think the man should face his calling rather than dabble into politics.
Re: Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari by Vicadonis(m): 10:43am On Aug 02, 2016
na lie

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: ‘odumegwu Ojukwu, Others Acknowledged They Made A Mistake’ / Can Nigeria Adopt This Method, Should We Adopt It? / I Will Handle Mavrodi Of Mmm - Pastor Sunday Adelaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.