Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership (43235 Views)

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi / "If The Judges Should Resign, Buhari Should Also Resign Over WAEC Result" -Video / Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by anungangampu: 10:54am On Aug 02, 2016
If u ask me I think the people resigning are people from south extraction who can't cope with the slave mentality of northern leaders. When work is no more fun I don't see why u risk your life for what doesn't give u joy.

Also I assume last administration effort to increase the number of southerners in DSS service is what this present administration is tackling.

So I think given the current recession and blink hope of survival of this country economy I think this the right time to make moves out of this country. In the nearest future if nothing is done, Travelling outside Nigeria might cost up to 5 million and if that gets to happen we would be trapped.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Josmila(m): 10:54am On Aug 02, 2016
Because of the training they get, DSS operatives will always seek greener pastures elsewhere, every work place has it's challenges, citing nepotism as being the reason for their exit is laughable, anyone can give reason for leaving an organization, no one gives their exact reason in my honest opinion.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Pavarottii(m): 10:56am On Aug 02, 2016
Oche211:

so you will prefer the DSS that we had under GEJ, who were the true definition of corruption nd lies. We all watched Ogar openly disgraced the reputation nd integrety of the secret service.
The last administration of the service had several moles which led to the leak of classified intelligence reports.
I weep for you.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by lamah(m): 10:57am On Aug 02, 2016
the Country (Nigerian) train them with the country Money, now they are telling us they want to live for better offer, DSS is not a Political party that they will said they work for the party, after winning the abandon them. please their Job is service to their Country not for their pocket, Nigeria can't pay their service. meanwhile as they go some of us will see work there.

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 02, 2016
Can't we just ash tag this bad omen called Nepotism? You hear all sorts of Northern Names heading top tiers in almost all govt political appointments. What does the dullard mean by " trusted persons" does he mean Muslims
Ïs he still campaigning or presiding. We should wake up from our slumber

4 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Gassa007: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2016
Oche211:
While so many of us are looking for opportunity to serve our country, these ones are leaving over money nd allowances.
Service to your country shld be selfless. What if they had gone for an operation nd they are told the usual "u are on your own from now on".
Them go say northerners want to kill them.
Anyway, their leaving is good, the weak ones are the one that left, nw let the brave build a stronger organization.
Selfless my foot,you will take good care of their respective families.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by eyeview: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2016
Nicur:
like if you can't wait for 2019!! angry
Unfortunately,your voyes won't count in 2019.
The inec has since replaced all the top inec bosses with those related or loyal to Buhari and Apc.
By 2019,Nigerians will realize that everybody is not GEJ who would allow a free and fair election that can oust him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Ice007(m): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2016
Chai! Person wey get head no get cap wear! Una dey resign when millions dey out there dey find job and d ones wey get sef are being sacked from many other institutions. I'm sure it's the ones with better connections that left sha. Hmmm! I dey come, make I go drink my gari wey I don soak since yesterday.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Masculity(m): 11:20am On Aug 02, 2016
Oche211:
While so many of us are looking for opportunity to serve our country, these ones are leaving over money nd allowances.
Service to your country shld be selfless. What if they had gone for an operation nd they are told the usual "u are on your own from now on".
Anyway, their leaving is good, the weak ones are the one that left, nw let the brave build a stronger organization.

Good point dude. They suppose covered their heads in shame by now. Let DSS open recruitment portal today and see wonders.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by WOCKHARDI(m): 11:27am On Aug 02, 2016
I bet ya 90% of the people who want to quit are Southerners. You doubt me, let's see their names. And what does this tell about our Naijeria - that only Southerners recruitment processes were "flawed "?
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Horsesmouth: 11:32am On Aug 02, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Nepotism the worst form of corruption, once you are a northerner you can occupy any position in this country whether qualified or not, look at the MD of NPA for example, she has no business there, in the next few years Nigeria might be taken back by 20 years because buhari has chosen to appoint mostly people who succeed through quota system and who can't compete with intelligent humans in any civilized setting. the extremist ruler would destroy this country. angry

I cant speak for other appointments, but I think the Head of NPA is a perfect fit. I understand that she worked on the Ports' concessionairing in the OBJ regime. She is also pretty so leave her out of your ethnocentric ravings.

I am not defending Buhari, but what all of you from SW, SS and SE need to ask yourselves in the deep recesses of your hearts is this. Since 1983 how many of you have been friends with Buhari? How many of you reached out to him? How many of you invited him to your parties? How many of you paid him a visit?

Now that his Allah has made him President, you are now clamouring for positions. Put yourselves in his shoes. He has applied the federal character stuff where it wont hurt his government and put trusted hands where it will impact his set goals. Boohoohoo to those who feel aggrieved.

I am a SS christian by the way, but I will call a spade a spade.

4 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Horsesmouth: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2016
eyeview:

Unfortunately,your voyes won't count in 2019.
The inec has since replaced all the top inec bosses with those related or loyal to Buhari and Apc.
By 2019,Nigerians will realize that everybody is not GEJ who would allow a free and fair election that can oust him.

I am constrained to believe you.

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Horsesmouth: 11:41am On Aug 02, 2016
ehissi:

Trust me !! I personally know folks in the service - 3 - that have put in their letters of resignation and moved to the US.

One submitted letter the week he did court wedding and has gotten a job in the states. He don take off, madam will follow later.

The other 2 went earlier than this my guy. Its no lie bro!! Its a fact.............the same thing almost happened in customs, if not that Osibanjo went to see top echelon of the service and calmed frayed nerves......

When only you knows what's going on in DSS and Customs!

3 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by madridsta007(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2016
Nicur:
like if you can't wait for 2019!! angry

For what? Inconclusive elections?

You are a joker to expect that 2019 will happen as smoothly as 2015.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by ibnew: 12:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
dopedealer:
Pls i am not taking sides but lets not judge based on what 1 or 2 people said about a whole service that has over 15000 staff.The voluntires may have there personal reasons for leaving. It is not all report that is true. You cant please everybody!!
Good talk. Why is it always about nepotism. This thing is robbing us from seeing clearly and critizising constructively. Why was bank mass retrenchment not nepotic. I remember correct me if am wrong, when Buhari assumed duties in asu rock this isues came up. There were some disgraceful disagreement in the presidential security because some allowances that we being paid before were no longer paid. The head of security then said that the payment is not official and there was no record of it any where. How does he account for it and under what line item in the account will he put it. He tried to explain to them that it is not sustainable and cannot no continue. He said what is rightfully theirs will never be denied . The payment were flivorious payment given to them as compensation from the wantom looting that was going on. I remember that led to mass deployement of DSS operatives at ASU rock. There was also change of security heads.DSS is a very high security outfit of the nation. Their information is not market women stuff. And everybody has right to his opinion anyway. It becomes criminal when you start forcing it on people.
Let us be mind full of what we read and where we go with it. I remember a Tribune reporter who covered 2 pages of the newspaper with pupported interview with Prof Sagay. When the prof denied and paper management investigated. He confessed he has never met the prof and he was paid to write. He was subsequently dropped by the management who applogize to the prof. But am sure before that the nation would be saying prof Sagay said this or that. This trend of media is dangerous. Let us help the nation. I dont have any i don't know about you. There is no place without any level of favouritisim it is just being properly managed.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by ehissi(m): 12:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
Horsesmouth:

I don't expect my words to be taken as facts. My comments are simply a matter of opinion based on my obervation(s).

In any case, I doubt you are even aware that at the start of this administration; that all DCG's of customs resigned in one, in one day while on leave in protest.

Neither are you aware of Osibanjo quick visit and have ever read the address he gave to officers and men of the custom service when letters started flying.

A simple chat with PSO's within both services is enough to clear whatever doubts you may or may not have.

Feel free to Quote me anywhere, anyday, anytime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Jakama90(m): 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=Oche211 post=48106932]
so you will prefer the DSS that we had under GEJ, who were the true definition of corruption nd lies. We all watched Ogar openly disgraced the reputation nd integrety of the secret service.
The last administration of the service had several moles which led to the leak of classified intelligence reports.[/quote
Yes... Far more better to this scam we are witnessing now.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by PhilemonObende: 12:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
Oche211:

The last administration of the service had several moles which led to the leak of classified intelligence reports.

Musleem m0ron deceiving himself with an Idoma name. where is the other musleem mad zombie that shouts about uganda all the time? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Toluensdollars(m): 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2016
kul, I don't understand the situations of things in these country anymore. Everything just dey confuse human everyday by day. God dey share
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by DabuIIIT: 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
Dullapa shudnt bother,highly qualified highly sophisticated zombie model citizens de la afonja are available for the vacant and vacated positions..
grin

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by berrystunn(m): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
Oche211:

Call for help and stop drugs
Risking there life for noting.. Without benefits, what happens to there families if they die on duty??

Like the missing DSS, no explanation till date
Do you know what there families are passing through
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by berrystunn(m): 12:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
Fantastically corrupt govt lead by buhari.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by bonechamberlain(m): 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
Horsesmouth:

I cant speak for other appointments, but I think the Head of NPA is a perfect fit. I understand that she worked on the Ports' concessionairing in the OBJ regime. She is also pretty so leave her out of your ethnocentric ravings.

I am not defending Buhari, but what all of you from SW, SS and SE need to ask yourselves in the deep recesses of your hearts is this. Since 1983 how many of you have been friends with Buhari? How many of you reached out to him? How many of you invited him to your parties? How many of you paid him a visit?

Now that his Allah has made him President, you are now clamouring for positions. Put yourselves in his shoes. He has applied the federal character stuff where it wont hurt his government and put trusted hands where it will impact his set goals. Boohoohoo to those who feel aggrieved.

I am a SS christian by the way, but I will call a spade a spade.
buhari chose to isolate himself, so it's none of our business if he wasn't reached out to, obj after power is still everywhere, gej has been to places, giving seminars, talks etc ibb abdulsalam were still vibrant after power. what knowledge did buhari acquire after power none. no one wants to be associated with such a person. No one abandoned buhari he abandoned himself, because of his self righteousness mindset.

No Allah brought him to power, tribalism, ethnic parochialism and illiteracy was what brought him to power.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by bonechamberlain(m): 1:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
naijaforlife:

In my opinion, it may amount to overstretching empiricism to assume that where you hail from determines your intellectual and physical capabilities to accomplish tasks. When a man is appointed you shout female marginalization, when a female is appointed you shout regional marginalisation, when a southerner is appointed, you shout religious marginalisation, when a christian is appointed you shout political marginalisation. I have a feeling that with your penchant for viewing apointments with your marginalization lens, you may inadvertently end up marginalizing yourself.
u have ended up saying nothing, stick to the subject and stop all this fallacies.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Splashme: 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
LordVarys:
Daura has turned the DSS into a vandals chasing agency, the DSS which under Ita Ekpenyong and it's predecessors was Nigeria's sole competent security agency has been bastardized
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
nnachukz:
This Daura of a man like his boss who employed him has destroyed the nation along ethnic divides. Destroying everything that unites us by their actions and inaction.
It is not by force to work, if their resignation didn't break any agreement entered before their training then let them go since you now treat them with suspicion.

Let your blood cool

They will resolve this themselves. Ok
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Horsesmouth: 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
ehissi:

Trust me !! I personally know folks in the service - 3 - that have put in their letters of resignation and moved to the US.

The other 2 went earlier than this my guy. Its no lie bro!! Its a fact.............the same thing almost happened in customs, if not that Osibanjo went to see top echelon of the service and calmed frayed nerves......

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by killercute16(m): 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
sCun:
Are you a Hausa fulani Muslim?
I stay close to where these guys undergo their training in Lagos and I tell you 85% of the new recruits are Hausa...... Its just disheartening.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by VISTIN(m): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
If there recruitment process was flawed, how about the recruitment of 250 potential Boko Haram members into the Nigerian Army supervised by Buratai and Shetima (ordinary state governor)?
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by eph12(m): 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
umar745:
They should allow them resign. There are people who'll kill for the work condition they are reffering to as unpalatable. The only problem is that training doesn't come cheap
It's always like that for any new job. But when you finally get the job you begin to regret

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anthony Adefuye: Obasanjo Is An Igbo Man From Anambra State / Sadiya Umar Debunks Marriage Rumour / Mimiko Celebrates Eyitayo's Appeal Court Victory Over Jimoh Ibrahim(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.