Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria (14271 Views)

UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria / There’s Hunger, Starvation In The Land, Northern Leaders Tell Buhari / 75,000 Children Could Die In Nigeria In 2017 - UNICEF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=oweman post=48124220][/quote]
let us not apportion blames because our leaders have come to realize how to use it to distract from their ineptness.
Mr presido banned the import of grain through our land border and directed seized ones to be distributed to the idp's Camp. what happened to them?
did Gej and cronies loot US to the extent that we can't afford providing for our less privileged pals up north while using millions to prospect for oil in that same region?
or, is the starvation as a result of corruption and looting you so eagerly accused gej of?
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by Pavarottii(m): 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
pippimp:

He should be choking on his food and not laughing because he is/was part of the problem. You guys talk like Nigeria was an eldorado state and Buhari came and ruined it. Mention one time in Nigeria's history when anything was ok. Nigeria has never had one decent leader. Not one. Present president included. Nigeria was crap since independence and will always be crap until it's citizens change their mentality.
Please tell me how GEJ was part of the problem. And yes Nigeria was better off 2years ago than it was now.
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by Pavarottii(m): 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
UjSizzle:

You and everyone who hit 'like' should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not about politics. Those dying children did not ask for this; they are as much victims as you think your GEJ was... even more.
So the next time you have nothing useful to say, still your fingers and say a quick prayer instead.
U say prayer and u say this is not about politics. Well I wish u well as u pray for them, or mayb u even make contribution for them also.

Unfortunately, u were not wise enuf to see that the northern elites played poilitics wit their lives to distablize GEJ's govt. And u nt still wise enuf that those same northern elites are using those IDP's for selfish reasons to enrich their pockets. They know how to solve their problems; but won't cos of their selfish reasons including their governors, senators, h.o.r etc. They don't even care about their loved ones, and u r there caring.

I wish u well as u pray 4 dem and mayb u go there and even give dem food.

Av a great prayer day.
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by str8talk1: 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
Sai Baba! During GEJ's we didn't hear of such , now your Northern King is on the throne and there's starvation in the land. Enjoy the Change ooooohhhhhhhh you voted for.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by pippimp(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Pavarottii:

Please tell me how GEJ was part of the problem. And yes Nigeria was better off 2years ago than it was now.

You are only used to suffering. Nigeria was crap then as it is crap now. What you call better off is what a normal country's citizen would call hell. What you all are experiencing is as a result of your over dependence on oil. If the price of oil was still the same you would not be saying what you are saying now.
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by Ellieanna: 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
justhelp:
Uk, Uk, Uk news on Nigeria govt, the news is coming from pit of lie, the artcle refuse to name a state or town even the refuge camp involve in their write-up and some fools will believe this since that is what they love to write. Though bad belle is allow.
Moreover, anybody can write whatever he likes in their article but they are not smart enough to deceive some of us they should try harder. Once again bad belle is allow.
I pray you don't suffer what those people are suffering
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by justhelp(m): 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ellieanna:
I pray you don't suffer what those people are suffering
. In Jesus name... Amen
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by UjSizzle(f): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
Pavarottii:

U say prayer and u say this is not about politics. Well I wish u well as u pray for them, or mayb u even make contribution for them also.

Unfortunately, u were not wise enuf to see that the northern elites played poilitics wit their lives to distablize GEJ's govt. And u nt still wise enuf that those same northern elites are using those IDP's for selfish reasons to enrich their pockets. They know how to solve their problems; but won't cos of their selfish reasons including their governors, senators, h.o.r etc. They don't even care about their loved ones, and u r there caring.

I wish u well as u pray 4 dem and mayb u go there and even give dem food.

Av a great prayer day.
The world is bigger than GEJ and the Northern elite. And just because they refuse to care about their own people, doesn't mean I, or the rest of the world can't.
So thank you, I will go on praying and caring and sending money and hoping against all odds that their lives get better. If you have any shred of humanity left in you, you will look beyond this senseless political tussle and do the same, because first of all, irrespective of what their leaders have done, they are human beings too, suffering and paying the price for something they would never have wished upon themselves.

I don't particularly care what you do right now, but remember we are all in this together-- some to a greater degree than others.
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
Fedayeen02:
Can we bury the hatchet and shake hands as friends? War is time consuming and leaves you bruised and sore.

I'm a war veteran here but i can say peace is bliss
friends it is, I am for peace to those who value peace, hatched has been buried
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by spinna: 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
Foreign press always want headlines showing Africa as a horror zone to discourage our Diaspora brothers from wanting to go back home, so they can continue to oppress the blacks in their lands.

Also they want to deepen divisions amongst us to make us fight each other.

Even though this govt has its faults Boko Haram is well decimated under them and they are doing a good job in the battle..

Also to accuse Buhari of fighting christians or whatever is very unproffessional and insensitive knowing how sensitive an issue religion is. These whites always wanna see us kill ourselves so they can laugh at us.

If BH still held sway would so many of these hungry kids not be dead? Cant they emphasise the victories over BH?

Fela said it finish to these white devils..Teacher dont teach me nonsense
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by Malawian(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
UjSizzle:

The world is bigger than GEJ and the Northern elite. And just because they refuse to care about their own people, doesn't mean I, or the rest of the world can't.
So thank you, I will go on praying and caring and sending money and hoping against all odds that their lives get better. If you have any shred of humanity left in you, you will look beyond this senseless political tussle and do the same, because first of all, irrespective of what their leaders have done, they are human beings too, suffering and paying the price for something they would never have wished upon themselves.

I don't particularly care what you do right now, but remember we are all in this together-- some to a greater degree than others.
sister, you cant love these people more than they love themselves. i served in the north so i was right in their mix. there are things you witness fom your fellow human being and you just loose apetitite for everything. these guys are not good guys, i assure you of this.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by malton: 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2016
stagger:
How many million children died of starvation in Biafra in 1968-1969? Thank God some of those who masterminded the atrocities of starvation in that civil war are still alive to see how nemesis has caught up with their people. What goes around always comes around.
This is a very careless statement coming from someone who should have known better. So callous!

Regardless what you believe, those kids played no part in the unfortunate incident and their starving today will never make up for a wrong done decades ago.

You lack sympathy just as you are arrogant. Two wrong traits for a human being.
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by ogene70: 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
otitokoroleti:
These Almajiris needs to change their mentality where even a blind beggar will have 3 to 5 wives.

That's the problem up North, too many wives and helpless children and is very difficult to talk them out of it because they have it all wrapped around religion...is just a mess!
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 1:50am On Aug 03, 2016
Nusaf:

What's this one saying?

Nusaf...has your child eaten?
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by jflexy(m): 3:39am On Aug 03, 2016
joe17:
Odikwarisky

I tell u o, odikwa too risky
Why wouldn't it be so when food grows in Arithmetic progression and their population grows in geometric progression. undecided undecided undecided

They need d population to win power...lol

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by fanficgirl(f): 6:09am On Aug 03, 2016
jflexy:

Why wouldn't it be so when food grows in Arithmetic progression and their population grows in geometric progression. undecided undecided undecided

Haba you go kill me with laughter
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by joe17: 6:59am On Aug 03, 2016
jflexy:

I wish i understand mathematics better grin I just use my head know wetin u mean cheesy
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by bikefab(m): 9:02am On Aug 03, 2016
PMB's government is a disaster cannon waiting to blow the nigerian state to shreds. Part of his campaign promises included "crushing" boko haram which he fully employed to discredit the GEJ administration. Buhari has nutin to offer nigerians but vendatta. The much promised "CHANGE" is a farce!
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by jflexy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
fanficgirl:

Haba you go kill me with laughter

Abeg I no wan kill o
Me self no sabi kill rat grin grin
Re: 50,000 Children Face Death By Starvation In Northern Nigeria by tck2000(m): 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2019
ha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magu To Sue The Sun Newspaper, Denies Owning House In Maitama / Aisha Buhari, Titi Atiku Abubakar, Mike Okiro To Grace ASO Outstanding Awards / Just In: Senate Reconvenes, Adjourns To March 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.