Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up (749 Views)

Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend After She Covered His Face With Emoji On Twitter / Lady Breaks Up With Her Cheating Boyfriend By Giving Him 'Goodbye Sex' / Lady Stages Proposal After Facebook Said She Would Be Married In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up by Lahotte(m): 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2016
I’m sure we all have at one point or the other seen a couple we thought were so inseparable and would definitely end up together eventually break up. Whether it’s a celebrity couple or one you know personally. You know, one of those things that make you want to give up on love. Well I have been able to break down the different stages we unconsciously go through when such things happen. Enjoy!
1. Shock and denial: Yup! The first reaction is always that of shock mixed with denial. Like you actually can’t believe it’s possible. You tend you to believe the person carrying the gist is just pulling your leg. Usually involves a lot of ‘Tah! They no fit break up’ , ‘Na lie’ , ‘If na joke, stop am’.

Re: 9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up by Lahotte(m): 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
2. Confusion : Here you begin to wonder how things could have possibly gone wrong with them? I mean they were too perfect for each other.

Re: 9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up by Lahotte(m): 12:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
3. Betrayal : You feel very let down because you used to look up to them as an epitome of true love. So all those ‘I love you baby’ and ‘I have the bestest bae’ were for nothing?

Re: 9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up by Lahotte(m): 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
4. Anger : Here you’re mad at them for raising your hopes so much only to dash them just like that. Like how could they? What happened to all the PDA they were exhibiting? All the BBM updates and Twitter love? What nonsense! They should gerrarahere mehn!

Re: 9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up by Lahotte(m): 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
5. Deduction : This is the stage where you find yourself calculating all the different indices that made them seem so inseparable. “They’ve been together for 8 years” , “They won best couple every year in school” , “Their parents even know each other” .

Re: 9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up by Lahotte(m): 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
6. Acceptance: This usually happens weeks after when the gist is now confirmed. You’ve heard it from different confam sources so you know it’s really true.

Re: 9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up by Lahotte(m): 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
7. Gossip and mockery : Now that you’ve accepted that they’ve broken up, it’s only fair to discuss their matter and spread the gist to any lastma official out there. “E don happen o”, “You don hear?” are different ways the gists usually start.

Re: 9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up by Lahotte(m): 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
8. Skepticism : By this time you’ve become an unbeliever in love. You don’t even want to hear that so and so can never break up. You can even fight anybody that tells you true love exists. You quickly put on the mentality of ‘Let us just be deceiving ourselves’ and look at every couple out there with the mindset that their break up is only a matter of time

Re: 9 Stages You Go Through When Your Favorite Couple Breaks Up by Lahotte(m): 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
9. Hope: You know, because love is such a beautiful and powerful thing, you find yourself believing in love again and rooting for another couple in no time. And this continues until they break up and the cycle repeats itself.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Problem With A Girl I Want / See The Age When Couples Tend To Cheat On Their Spouses / See Kitty-Cat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.