Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production (13745 Views)

How Bukola Saraki Lost To Opposition Party In Local Government Election / Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel / Owoola Seun Adetola Celebrates Fayose's 2 Years In Office In Local Style (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4045741_fbimg1470027539528_jpegb988671ba018dcd33af399f744dde548

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4045726_fbimg1470000281883_jpegdcb0630f5f35c7ed0122aa1806828fb3

Although the price of a bag of rice is up to almost N20,000 per bag, local production has ensured that Nigerians will be able to get it at a far cheaper rate.

Reports indicate that an increased rice production in Niger, Enugu and Kebbi have helped ensure that rice grown in Nigeria is now cheaper. ‘Made in Nigeria Rice from Niger State at N7,000 only. And by the time the Enugu and Kebbi Rice hit the market next month, expect a price crash’.

Niger State now sells at N7,000 while ‘Labana Rice from Kebbi state also in the market 50kg bag sells for N13, 000.

http://www.informationng.com/2016/08/you-can-now-buy-rice-at-n7000-per-bag-thanks-to-an-increase-in-local-production.html

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode Visits the Labana Rice Mill in Kebbi State

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
Governors Ambode, Bagudu sign rice distribution agreement

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt6d7u7id1jhc.ee55ad10.jpg[/img]

Lagos State Commissioner for Agriculture, Mr. Oluwatoyin Suarau (right), with Permanent Secretary, Kebbi State Ministry of Agriculture, Dr. Nababa Adamu (left), signing a Memorandum of Understanding on the Development of Commodity Value Chains between the two States while Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode (right behind) and Kebbi State Governor, Alhaji Atiku Bagudu (left behind) Speaking at the official signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the two states held at the Banquet Hall in the Ikeja area of the Lagos, Governor Ambode said the partnership signaled the commencement of a new beginning of which is line with the change mantra of All Progressives Congress (APC) that calls for patriotism in all facets of life.
Read more: https://www.naij.com/775293-made-nigeria-ambode-puts-end-importation-rice-photos.html

https://www.naij.com/775293-made-nigeria-ambode-puts-end-importation-rice-photos.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
God Bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by gists: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
Good. And about time. Now I am armed with information for wify. First, it was tomatoes, and now rice. She needs to give me some refund after an increase in house allowance. grin grin

[size=2pt]Just kidding.[/size]

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2016

In other news...

Tomato price don crash

Rice price don crash

We are getting there sooner than expected...

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by TippyTop(m): 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
Remind me the price of rice during the good old days of Dr Jonathan.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by DaudaAbu(m): 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
Thats a 25 kg bag.

If 25kg bag goes for #7,000 it mean 50kg of same 2ill cost #7,000 x 2 = #14,000

Even though it would be more nutricious and healthier, i expect it to be cheaper than this

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Landloard01(m): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
I heard my wailing neighbor saying, So PMB wants to cripple us with good news, all through this week chai!.. I swear, I will not eat that rice. grin tongue

I asked him, ''Why are you crying?''

he then said......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by AkpanUnanam(m): 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
How can i be a distributor?

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Trut(m): 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
Propaganda at it peak, a 50 KG bag of rice is from N19,500 and above. We're not zombies and bingos you can deceive.

The only people that will believe this yeye propaganda are those who don't go to the market, a painter of local rice is N1500.

29 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by sCun: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
How many KG is that bag and in how many markets can you find it? Rice is still expensive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by veekid(m): 5:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
This is good news; only if it's true sha
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by manmorask: 5:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
I saw it at Maraba yesterday, but I didn't ask for the price sha
sCun:
How many KG is that bag and in how many markets can you find it? Rice is still expensive.
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Beremx(f): 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
We should stop deceiving ourselves. The local production of rice cannot solve the high demand of rice by Nigerians. Rice still has to be imported to support the local production.

13 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by drss2(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
until dis duara govt reduce tarriff duty on rice importation, hunger will continue. local rice production still dey infancy. besides, who go buy local rice full of stones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by DonBobes(m): 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
gists:
Good. And about time. Now I am armed with information for wify. First, it was tomatoes, and now rice. She needs to give me some refund after an increase in house allowance. grin grin

[size=2pt]Just kidding.[/size]

grin

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by policy12: 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
All hail DaurA king.. .
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Abagworo(m): 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
aresa:

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB

Started by Obasanjo continued by Jonathan/Yar'Adua and further continued by Buhari. I would rather say

Sai OBJ on this one. I still remember back then during Presidential media chat how this and Cassava were his major issues..
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by CltrAltDel: 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
[s]
Trut:
Propaganda at it peak, a 50 KG bag of rice is from N19,500 and above. We're not zombies and bingos you can deceive.

The only people that will believe this yeye propaganda are those who don't go to the market, a painter of local rice is N1500.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Fedayeen02: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
We should stop deceiving ourselves. The local production of rice cannot solve the high demand of rice by Nigerians. Rice still has to be imported to support the local production.
Berem the wailer in chief. Dunkem21 give her a presidential form

3 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Goke7: 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
drss2:
until dis duara govt reduce tarriff duty on rice importation, hunger will continue. local rice production still dey infancy. besides, who go buy local rice full of stones

Bad belle ain't good for your health bruv

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Goke7: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:

We have to start from somewhere pls

5 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by idupaul: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
The only thing I am happy to see there is the picture of Ambode or else the rest is cheap propaganda to boost the image of the failed Buhari who clearly should have been Emir of DAURA and never president of a Country.

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Beremx(f): 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
Goke7:

We have to start from somewhere pls
For how long shall we start from somewhere?

4 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
Now I realize most wailers just wanna hear bad news all the time..
And bad news will never end in their house hold.

If you have proof that locally made rice is above 7k for 25kg, please bring it.

4 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by MadamExcellency: 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:

[s]Started by Obasanjo continued by Jonathan/Yar'Adua and further continued by Buhari. I would rather say

Sai OBJ on this one. I still remember back then during Presidential media chat how this and Cassava were his major issues..[/s]

Abagworo needs deliverance from self deceit

Do you actually go to market? Does it mean you believed this junk?

With all pleasure I hereby inform you that the cost for a bag of rice just increased by N1000 to N2000 last week depending on the variety while Indomie Noodles just increased by 10% to N2600 today from initial N2400 for quantity price.

3 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Goke7: 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
For how long shall we start from somewhere?

One major problem has always been those who are making megabucks from importation, relevant govt agencies connive with these importers to frustrate local content as officials of these agencies make megabucks too but for how long are we going to tolerate this if truly we are serious about diversification of the economy

3 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by CyberWolf: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
My cousin is a wholesale dealer in Lagos. He told me this evening that he bought 900 (50kg) bags of rice yesterday at the cost of 17,500 each.. So OP this propaganda is dead on arrival.

12 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by MadamExcellency: 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:

I believe most people on Nairaland don't go to market while majority eat "mama put"

Last week, the price of rice increased by N1500 while Indomie Noodle is now N2600 (today) for bulk purchase from initial N2400.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Rapzino: 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
Local rice is sold here in Taraba (Donga L.G.A to be precise) for 20,000 naira per bag.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Founded APGA, Not Ojukwu" - Chekwas Okorie / How National Assembly "Padded" 2021 Budget With Over ₦500 Billion / IgbereTVAwards: Zulum Voted 'Governor of the Year' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.