Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production (13767 Views)

How Bukola Saraki Lost To Opposition Party In Local Government Election / Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel / Owoola Seun Adetola Celebrates Fayose's 2 Years In Office In Local Style (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 8:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
Which April are we talking about? The one that has passed or the coming one? If it's next year April, then the price of a bag of 50kg rice would have skyrocketed to 50,000naira. If it was this April that just passed then Audu Ogbeh should be fired for lying and deceiving Buhari and Nigerians.

This is the time Akinwunmi Adeshina is needed.

The fact that that statement was made about the price of rice getting stabilized by April shows that effort was being made to stabilize the price of rice hence the news reports about price drop all over the place today..

It was predicting the downward and logical trend...
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by MadamExcellency: 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
aresa:

Why are you Igbos always mad, angry and upset at every positive news about Nigeria? grin

Den swear for you people ni? grin

We are talking of what is happening in the market this week and you are quoting article written on June, 2016 as part of your defense.

Mr Man, enter market and see things for yourself and stop quoting useless articles that have no bearing to present realities.

The truth is that, there is no relationship between your rants and your introduction of IPOB into the discussion. It is unnecessary digression.

By the way, I am a proud IPOB.

4 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by soulhighman(m): 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
That's a deceitful lie being told over the years to think Nigeria is the giant of Africa. Nigeria cannot produce rice to feed a state not to talk of a whole west Africa.

Whatever gradual process it's gonna take, it's gonna be a very long time.
I don't believe you. I will rather trust the facts I have with me. I have read some stuffs on rice due to my interest in it and agriculture in general.
Shalom
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
[s]
MadamExcellency:

We are talking of what is happening in the market this week and you are quoting article written on June, 2016 as part of your defense.

Mr Man, enter market and see things for yourself and stop quoting useless articles that have no bearing to present realities.

The truth is that, there is no relationship between your rants and your introduction of IPOB into the discussion. It is unnecessary digression.

By the way, I am a proud IPOB.
[/s]

1 day ago means yesterday..... Learn how to read and comprehend simple English words.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by A7(m): 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
We should stop deceiving ourselves. The local production of rice cannot solve the high demand of rice by Nigerians. Rice still has to be imported to support the local production.

Hey there.

Presently kebbi alone has produced 1.something million tonnes of rice. Our annual rice consumption is 6.something million tonnes out of which only 2.something tonnes is produced locally.

200.something billion was budgeted for a programme themed "anchor borrowers". Kebbi is the first state to access that fund, 13 other states will soon join probably in the next couple of months. I think I read somewhere that Kano and Sokoto states already kickstarted.

Apparently Kebbi was a success, apart from producing over a million tonne, one of their moribund companies "Labana rice mill" is processing 300 tonnes of rice diurnally.

I also read somewhere that other reluctant Kebbi farmers have pledged to join in the next harvest.

I believe, contrarily to what you think, if we can and continue to replicate what was done in Kebbi state to other states, we will not only reduce importing rice, we will export it and by extension have more mills springling up, more jobs created and more forex.

3 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by dunkem21(m): 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
MadamExcellency:

I will help you out.

Procter & Gamble (P&G) just increased prices for all their Fast Consumer Moving Goods from yesterday, August 1, 2016

One roll (pack of six) of Oral B toothpaste is now N1100 from initial N970

Pampers CP is now N2500 from N2400

A carton of SMA Cereals is now N22,000 from N17,000

I will be available to update your list

Thank you.

Don't forget to add Maggi, golden morn, indomie, malt and milk.
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by dunkem21(m): 9:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
Everybody should buy groundnut oil and hoard cool
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by MadamExcellency: 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

1 day ago means yesterday..... Learn how to read and comprehend simple English words.. grin

Be specific. You mean 25kg or 10Kg?

Are you insinuating that a bag is a bag no matter the scale?
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
[s]
MadamExcellency:

Be specific. You mean 25kg or 10Kg?

Are you insinuating that a bag is a bag no matter the scale?
[/s]

You shouldn't have any problem figuring that out if you know how to read and comprehend...

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
I bought custard rubber of rice for #1400 yesterday in Ughelli, Delta. #150 increase from the once I bought last month.
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by ASL33: 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
Which April are we talking about? The one that has passed or the coming one? If it's next year April, then the price of a bag of 50kg rice would have skyrocketed to 50,000naira. If it was this April that just passed then Audu Ogbeh should be fired for lying and deceiving Buhari and Nigerians.

This is the time Akinwunmi Adeshina is needed.
At this rate you may request the "clueless" one back one day.

3 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by BrokenTV: 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
Aresa propagander dead on ARRIVAL. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by kherington: 11:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
aresa:

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB

which buhari trying to reap what he did not sow the credit should go to Jonathan and akinwunmi adesina for laying the foundation which this present administration is reaping

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Fawklicant: 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Hush..

Village Igbos are irrelevant and they bore me...

Typical response of someone trying to save face but lacks the intellect and tact to do so. Your propaganda has been burst wide open hence you resort to insults.
Mtcheewww! Sophisticated baboons are comical and they never seem to disappoint! Ipoo on ya brains or whatever is left in that empty cranium. Find your league, I tread above y'all.
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 1:01am On Aug 03, 2016
[s]
kherington:

which buhari trying to reap what he did not sow the credit should go to Jonathan and akinwunmi adesina for laying the foundation which this present administration is reaping
[/s]

Even sef, the crooked, worthless, corrupt and incompetent jona is responsible for the air I breath. grin

Igbos sef....smh grin
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 1:03am On Aug 03, 2016
[s]
Fawklicant:

Typical response of someone trying to save face but lacks the intellect and tact to do so. Your propaganda has been burst wide open hence you resort to insults.
Mtcheewww! Sophisticated baboons are comical and they never seem to disappoint! Ipoo on ya brains or whatever is left in that empty cranium. Find your league, I tread above y'all.

[/s]

Who is this ipob barking like bingo inside my ears? grin
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by kherington: 5:50am On Aug 03, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Even sef, the crooked, worthless, corrupt and incompetent jona is responsible for the air I breath. grin

Igbos sef....smh grin

Anybody that dosent support the daura illetrate is now an ipod or an ibo when will tribalism end in this country while most of us are trying to keep this country as one some people like the person that quoted me is trying to destroy it through his or her reckless post

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Beremx(f): 7:30am On Aug 03, 2016
ASL33:
At this rate you may request the "clueless" one back one day.
Jonathan was a complete failure. No going back to my vomit.
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by kjsun15: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2016
sad news for ipob sons and daughters.
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Fawklicant: 8:12am On Aug 03, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Who is this ipob barking like bingo inside my ears? grin

Who is this miserable louse crawling all over my mentions?
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Bluffly: 12:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
Beremx:
We should stop deceiving ourselves. The local production of rice cannot solve the high demand of rice by Nigerians. Rice still has to be imported to support the local production.

If those country exporting rice to Nigeria believes that they cannot sustain local production of rice in their country to the point of being able to export, can they be where they are?

Better change your mindset and get to work.

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by ashjay001(m): 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2016
gists:
Good. And about time. Now I am armed with information for wify. First, it was tomatoes, and now rice. She needs to give me some refund after an increase in house allowance. grin grin

[size=2pt]Just kidding.[/size]

U sure? From d abundance of d heart, d hand typet! Lol

Bros, d list is endless. This one wey chicken feed sef don times two!
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Ahmeduana(m): 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
WHEN YOU SAY PER BAG, DID YOU MEAN 50KG OR 25KG?
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by christianlugard: 6:49am On Dec 18, 2016
you can get your local based and foreign based rice at factory price of #10,000 only for both long grain rice and short grain rice here in okene, kogi state and if you are not from kogi state you can also benefit from this clear out promo as we offer you the best of delivery to any part of the country for free by placing your order you can get your goods delivered to you within 24 hours of making purchase why don't you place your order today while stock last
call us now on +2349064399823. this is our way of saying merry Christmas and a happy new year

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by tsdarkside(m): 10:25am On Dec 18, 2016
the price is still too high for people living on less than 1dollar daily..

we must produce more...
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by tsdarkside(m): 10:26am On Dec 18, 2016
Ahmeduana:
WHEN YOU SAY PER BAG, DID YOU MEAN 50KG OR 25KG?

25kg...
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by ASL33: 10:33am On Dec 18, 2016
Beremx:
don't mind them. I don't like people who talk out of ignorance. some people have not been to the market since Buhari became president and they're trying to tell me that all is well with prices of foodstuffs. I go to the market at least five times a week and i know what's happening. Everyday, there's an increase in prices of foodstuffs. I mean every fuccking day!!

Just imagine a full frozen chicken and 3pieces of turkey wings now sell for 900naira each!! A loaf of bread goes for between 250naira to 500naira depending on the size.

I can't be very angry buying these foodstuffs and you expect me to come to nairaland and shout "God bless Buhari"

Never!!
But you conteibuted to the mess. If yousay bad word to pmb it will come back to you. Only good knows how many people you convinced to vote for pmb.
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by freshboi88: 11:03am On Dec 18, 2016
A7:

Hey there.

Presently kebbi alone has produced 1.something million tonnes of rice. Our annual rice consumption is 6.something million tonnes out of which only 2.something tonnes is produced locally.

200.something billion was budgeted for a programme themed "anchor borrowers". Kebbi is the first state to access that fund, 13 other states will soon join probably in the next couple of months. I think I read somewhere that Kano and Sokoto states already kickstarted.

Apparently Kebbi was a success, apart from producing over a million tonne, one of their moribund companies "Labana rice mill" is processing 300 tonnes of rice diurnally.

I also read somewhere that other reluctant Kebbi farmers have pledged to join in the next harvest.

I believe, contrarily to what you think, if we can and continue to replicate what was done in Kebbi state to other states, we will not only reduce importing rice, we will export it and by extension have more mills springling up, more jobs created and more forex.

You know reading ur post still makes me believe that not everyone has gone mad in this country.... Thanks!!!!.

It's clear that some thwarts, some nitwits who claim tht Nigeria cannot produce rice to feed a state are an enemy of progress. All they think of is themselves and themselves alone.

I pray that their selfishness and hate consumes them
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 18, 2016
Beremx:
Did you warn me not to vote for Buhari because there's going to economic hardship or because he's going to islamize Nigeria and that he's too old to be president?

You wailers had your reasons for not voting for Buhari. Economic hardship wasn't one of them so stop lying.
On a general note, you are worthy example for so many people. You write constructively. Not those who supports people blindly and sometimes too ashamed to say the truth when things begin to go awry.
On the economy and foodstuffs; Buhari has failed woefully.
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by chiefobdk(m): 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2016
aresa:

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB

The meeting we re closing today. . 100 bags of local rice was purchased at 17500.....Anambra rice is sold 18000..

Op stop lying biko
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by chiefobdk(m): 4:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
Beremx:
I am not wailing, just stating the obvious. cool

U r obviously wailing

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by firstparagon: 9:21pm On May 21, 2017
200,000 bags of local rice (stone free,husk free,neat,and fine)urgently needed, supply must be completed before July ending. The price must be competitive . real farmers/sellers can contact via : 07068679515

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timi Frank Advises Saraki: "Watch Your Back While Relating With Oyegun" / Abia State Community Pipeline Explosion: President Buhari Expresses Regret Over / Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.