Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production (13761 Views)

How Bukola Saraki Lost To Opposition Party In Local Government Election / Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel / Owoola Seun Adetola Celebrates Fayose's 2 Years In Office In Local Style (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Beremx(f): 7:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
MadamExcellency:

I believe most people on Nairaland don't go to market while majority eat "mama put"

Last week, the price of rice increased by N1500 while Indomie Noodle is now N2600 (today) for bulk purchase from initial N2400.
don't mind them. I don't like people who talk out of ignorance. some people have not been to the market since Buhari became president and they're trying to tell me that all is well with prices of foodstuffs. I go to the market at least five times a week and i know what's happening. Everyday, there's an increase in prices of foodstuffs. I mean every fuccking day!!

Just imagine a full frozen chicken and 3pieces of turkey wings now sell for 900naira each!! A loaf of bread goes for between 250naira to 500naira depending on the size.

I can't be very angry buying these foodstuffs and you expect me to come to nairaland and shout "God bless Buhari"

Never!!

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Bethelwealthy(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Let he who is without brain belief this bullshit.........

For those with brains, check the market price by yourself..........am sure it hovers around 17,5000.

Even the local rice is more expensive......

4 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Fawklicant: 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2016
aresa:

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB

Failed attempt at alluding progress to a grossly inept and confused govt. Those are 25kg bags. 50kg bags of premium rice sold for 6k5 to 14k before the scammers took over govt. And that was imported rice oooo. Abakaliki rice sold for 4k-6k for 50kg bags. Try again next time bro! You failed this time.

3 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Fawklicant: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
don't mind them. I don't like people who talk out of ignorance. some people have not been to the market since Buhari became president and they're trying to tell me that all is well with prices of foodstuffs. I go to the market at least five times a week and i know what's happening. Everyday, there's an increase in prices of foodstuffs. I mean every fuccking day!!

Just imagine a full frozen chicken and 3pieces of turkey wings now sell for 900naira each!! A loaf of bread goes for between 250naira to 500naira depending on the size.

I can't be very angry buying these foodstuffs and you expect me to come to nairaland and shout "God bless Buhari"

Never!!

But you were warned and you refused to heed warning. Some of us who have been around warned Nigerians but they wouldnt listen. Pray it doesnt get to the point where you queue to buy milk and sugar like in 83-85'. Just pray!

9 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Beremx(f): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
Fawklicant:

But you were warned and you refused to heed warning. Some of us who have been around warned Nigerians but they wouldnt listen. Pray it doesnt get to the point where you queue to buy milk and sugar like in 83-85'. Just pray!
Did you warn me not to vote for Buhari because there's going to economic hardship or because he's going to islamize Nigeria and that he's too old to be president?

You wailers had your reasons for not voting for Buhari. Economic hardship wasn't one of them so stop lying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Fawklicant: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
MadamExcellency:

I believe most people on Nairaland don't go to market while majority eat "mama put"

Last week, the price of rice increased by N1500 while Indomie Noodle is now N2600 (today) for bulk purchase from initial N2400.

A lot of my brothers from the southwest here don't cook. They eat Iya Basira! So you'd naturally expect them to believe this crap. They are just being delusional, only a few have started facing reality, e.g @idupaul
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Fawklicant: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
Did you warn me not to vote for Buhari because there's going to economic hardship or because he's going to islamize Nigeria and that he's too old to be president?

You wailers had your reasons for not voting for Buhari. Economic hardship wasn't one of them so stop lying.

Go back and visit my posts and rethink. Praytell, if I'm a wailer, what are you doing now?
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Fawklicant: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:

Go back and visit my posts and rethink. Praytell, if I'm a wailer, what are you doing now? Better collect form before e finish!

The difference between us is that I adjusted long ago, I do not complain because I never had high hopes of the Daura dull.ard like some of you. So, my sister, I'm well adjusted. I'm not dissapointed like the rest of you because there was really nothing to look forward to from the get-go. You can take out your frustrations on me or you could do well to tighten your seat belt and slug out the rest of the ride. The choice is yours!

3 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Beremx(f): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
Fawklicant:

Go back and visit my posts and rethink. Praytell, if I'm a wailer, what are you doing now? Better collect form before e finish!
I am not wailing, just stating the obvious. cool

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by soulhighman(m): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
We should stop deceiving ourselves. The local production of rice cannot solve the high demand of rice by Nigerians. Rice still has to be imported to support the local production.
You are right, but that will only happen for a short period of time. If Nigeria continues like this, it will get to a point we will no longer have to import rice but even have enough to export. Reports have it that Nigeria can produce rice enough to feed the whole of west Africa.
Nigeria presently consumes about 5million tonnes per year, largely obtained from importation. Imagine if all that were produced locally, the positive effect it will have on our forex.
Its a gradual process.
We will get there someday.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Fawklicant: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
Madam Aisha should come and share another rice ooooo! grin Hunger wan finish some people cheesy

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Beremx(f): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
soulhighman:

You are right, but that will only happen for a short period of time. If Nigeria continues like this, it will get to a point we will no longer have to import rice but even have enough to export. Reports have it that Nigeria can produce rice enough to feed the whole of west Africa.
Nigeria presently consumes about 5million tonnes per year, largely obtained from importation. Imagine if all that were produced locally, the positive effect it will have on our forex.
Its a gradual process.
We will get there someday.
That's a deceitful lie being told over the years to think Nigeria is the giant of Africa. Nigeria cannot produce rice to feed a state not to talk of a whole west Africa.

Whatever gradual process it's gonna take, it's gonna be a very long time.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
See as rice be like millet
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by dunkem21(m): 8:18pm On Aug 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by dunkem21(m): 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
I am not wailing, just stating the obvious. cool

You're wailing, my friend cheesy

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by dunkem21(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:

Economic hardship was one of them..

In 1984, Nigerians queued for MILK! angry

5 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Beremx(f): 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
dunkem21:

Economic hardship was one of them..

In 1984, Nigerians queued for MILK! angry
I hate to quote you but was that why you didn't vote for him? Don't lie please.
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
CFA Francs: Prices of rice crash in Kano

Kano – Prices of imported and local rice have fallen in Kano, following the crash of CFA Francs in the parallel market. A price survey conducted by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the Singer market in Kano on Sunday, revealed that a bag of 50kg of imported rice, which used to cost between N13, 800 and N14 500, now sells for N12, 500.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/cfa-francs-prices-of-rice-crash-in-kano/

grin grin grin
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by sleekAfonja: 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
Seun,based on rule 8, aresa arressa aresssssa areessa and all handles related to him should be banned for false information and deliberate use of this platform to propagate falsehood designed to deceive Nigerians.

cc lalasticala mynd44 OAM4J

6 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by dunkem21(m): 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beremx:
I hate to quote you but was that why you didn't vote for him? Don't lie please.

I didn't vote for anybody..

You may think am a card carrying member of PDP to make you hate me so much for saying the truth always.
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
[s]
Fawklicant:

Failed attempt at alluding progress to a grossly inept and confused govt. Those are 25kg bags. 50kg bags of premium rice sold for 6k5 to 14k before the scammers took over govt. And that was imported rice oooo. Abakaliki rice sold for 4k-6k for 50kg bags. Try again next time bro! You failed this time.
[/s]

Hush..

Village Igbos are irrelevant and they bore me...
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Ejanla07: 8:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
this op still dey chop mama tank u. its obvious

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by MadamExcellency: 8:39pm On Aug 02, 2016
dunkem21:

I hope I no late to party..

Beremx dey go market well well like me and she knows the price of every commodity in the market.

For the sake of NLers, I will be doing a bulk price analysis of foodstuff so that people won't be cheated out in this time of daily price increase.

I will need her help on pampers, cerelac, golden morn etc to help her zombie friends that put us into this pitiable state.

I will help you out.

Procter & Gamble (P&G) just increased prices for all their Fast Consumer Moving Goods from yesterday, August 1, 2016

One roll (pack of six) of Oral B toothpaste is now N1100 from initial N970

Pampers CP is now N2500 from N2400

A carton of SMA Cereals is now N22,000 from N17,000

I will be available to update your list
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 8:39pm On Aug 02, 2016
sleekAfonja:
Seun,based on rule 8, aresa arressa aresssssa areessa and all handles related to him should be banned for false information and deliberate use of this platform to propagate falsehood designed to deceive Nigerians.

cc lalasticala mynd44 OAM4J

CFA Francs: Prices of rice crash in Kano

Kano – Prices of imported and local rice have fallen in Kano, following the crash of CFA Francs in the parallel market. A price survey conducted by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the Singer market in Kano on Sunday, revealed that a bag of 50kg of imported rice, which used to cost between N13, 800 and N14 500, now sells for N12, 500.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/cfa-francs-prices-of-rice-crash-in-kano/

Why are you Igbos always mad, angry and upset at every positive news about Nigeria? grin

Den swear for you people ni? grin

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by dunkem21(m): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Hush..

Oga, we are talking important matter here..

Check the next Ugandan thread undecided

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Beremx(f): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
dunkem21:

I didn't vote for anybody..

You may think am a card carrying member of PDP to make you hate me so much for saying the truth always.
I don't hate you or anyone on nairaland. You perceive i hate you because you always get on my nerves when you disturb my mentions and make silly comments. That doesn't make me hate you, pata pata i ignore your mentions. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2016

Nigeria to stabilise rice price by April – Agriculture Minister

The Federal Government said on Saturday that it would stabilise the price of rice from April to make it affordable to everybody in the country.
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Audu Ogbeh, made this known while declaring open the 2016 National wheat farmers field day in Alkamawa village in Bunkure Local Government of Kano State.
Mr. Ogbeh said the stability of the price of rice would be very viable due to its demand and affordability to the people from April.
No further details of how to stabilise the price of rice, arguably Nigeria’s most consumed food, was reported by the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, which reported the story.
He said the boosting of wheat production and other cereals had become necessary to reduce over dependence on importation.
The minister added that over 300,000 hectares of land in wheat producing states would be dedicated to boost wheat production.
“The government will continue to support farmers to encourage agricultural activity, enhance food security and employment generation in the country,” he said.
According to him, the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari will diversify the economy with greater emphasis on agriculture.
Mr. Ogbeh urged Nigerians to embrace agriculture to enhance their welfare and enable them become self reliant.
In a remark, the Chairman Senate Committee on Agriculture, Abdullahi Adamu, said the senate would make legislation to remove obstacles being faced by wheat farmers in the country.
On his part, the Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi said his state would dedicate 70 per cent of the proposed 300, 000 hectares for wheat production.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/200069-nigeria-stabilise-rice-price-april-agriculture-minister.html

grin grin grin
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
[s]
dunkem21:

Oga, we are talking important matter here..

Check the next Ugandan thread undecided
[/s]

Hush..

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by sleekAfonja: 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
aresa:

Why are you Igbos always mad, angry and upset at every positive news about Nigeria? grin

Den swear for you people ni? grin
Seun lalasticala OAM4J mynd44, note that this is a deliberate act by the Op in breaking rule 8. Check the ancient links he posted. You guys must start upholding a standard on this platform or allow no holds barred to ruin this platform.

5 Likes

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
THE CRASH OF TOMATO PRICE IN NIGERIAN MARKET.

The price of tomato has drastically dropped from different market across the country; many factors are responsible for this change, some of these factors are, Seasonal variation, market dynamics, festivities and so on. These are the behavioral prices of tomato for the last quarter. From the first week in October, the price of tomato was at N6000.00 which later rose to N9000.00 in the third week of October, but during the latter part of third week in October till the third week of November, the price fluctuated between NGN10000, NGN11000 and NGN15000.

http://novusagro.com/the-crash-of-tomato-price-in-nigerian-market/

grin grin grin
Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by Beremx(f): 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
aresa:

grin grin grin

Which April are we talking about? The one that has passed or the coming one? If it's next year April, then the price of a bag of 50kg rice would have skyrocketed to 50,000naira. If it was this April that just passed then Audu Ogbeh should be fired for lying and deceiving Buhari and Nigerians.

This is the time Akinwunmi Adeshina is needed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production by aresa: 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
sleekAfonja:

Seun lalasticala OAM4J mynd44, note that this is a deliberate act by the Op in breaking rule 8. Check the ancient links he posted. You guys must start upholding a standard on this platform or allow no holds barred to ruin this platform.

Even ordinary date you can not read... grin

Spend more time learning how to read and comprehend before spewing garbage.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Founded APGA, Not Ojukwu" - Chekwas Okorie / Nigerian Flags Being Burnt At Aba / The Northern Elders Forum Warns Against The Demonization Of Law-Abiding Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.