Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 (4526 Views)

How We Determined The Autheticity Of Leaked Tape On Ekiti Election- U.S FIRM / Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai / Nigeria Can’t Meet Vision 20-20 Target, Says UNIDO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 by adconline(m): 5:41am On Dec 08, 2006
Re: Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 by EvilSlayer(m): 5:55am On Dec 08, 2006
Very annoying, anyone that falls for those 419 scams in America deserve what they get.
Re: Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 by Jakumo(m): 7:00am On Dec 08, 2006
Please clarify, EvilSlayer. Are you annoyed because the scam artist is Nigerian, or because the criminal was tricked and exposed in that TV reporter's sting operation ? I must admit I found the tape rather amusing.
Re: Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 by EvilSlayer(m): 7:06am On Dec 08, 2006
I'm annoyed at the 20/20 report, the western media always try to portray Nigeria as this corrupt lawless nation. What about the American that are in on the scam 20/20 never went after them.

Who in America don't know that fast money is properly a scam.
Re: Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 by jammin(m): 8:50am On Dec 08, 2006
See how stupidly ignorant some people are. The scammer that went for the $25,000 deal is Nigerian living in the States. what had me laffing was how he was officious and impatient at the begining of the deal, then call them "Sir" in a most humble way when he knew he was caught. He even stupidly admitted that his deal was a scam. What he was doing, was admitting on camera that he "attempted fraud", am sure thats a criminal offence, perhaps federal. stupid!!! So how is it they say other people are fools and they are the smart ones cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 by globalaid(m): 9:31am On Dec 08, 2006
Evilslayer, i don't understand your utterances, are you trying to justify what those people are doing. what are you annoying at? because they are Nigerian or what. we have to call a spade a spade, it is high time people understand there is no shortcut to riches. If you know what this scam has caused and is still causing, am sure you will not be talking like that unless you are also part of them.
Re: Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 by Jakumo(m): 10:43am On Dec 08, 2006
Globalaid I agree with you that those Nigerians who have chosen to live right and avoid criminality have a sacred duty to be the loudest and most forceful voices that ring out in unreserved condemnation of those other Nigerian slime-balls who spend every waking hour dreaming up new scams to steal and trick their way to wealth. The world has to know that those felons are utterly despised by many of their countrymen, and NOT at all seen as "folk heroes" as claimed in that video.

Any honest, hard working Nigerian traveler who has been subjected to a body-cavity search at a foreign airport would surely agree that there is no more loathsome a person that those bone-lazy and parasitic Nigerians whose internet and drug running criminal careers have earned Nigeria the irreparably negative global reputation it is stuck with today.
Re: Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 by Mariory(m): 11:42am On Dec 08, 2006
Jakumo:

The world has to know that those felons are utterly despised by many of their countrymen, and NOT at all seen as "folk heroes" as claimed in that video.

I couldn't believe that in December 2006 a news reporter will say that scam artists are celebrated in Nigeria. Heart wrenching what these bastards (Scam artists) are doing to the image of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 by mcnabb43: 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2011
I am so sick of these Nigerian scammers, they give all of us a bad name.

(1) (Reply)

Are Militants Fighting For Development Of Niger Delta Or Themselves? / Enugu Government Is Turning Enugu Into A New Generation City / Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.