Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery (34099 Views)

The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) / Man Who Had Neurofibroma Smiles After Surgery To Remove Huge Tumor On His Face / 15 Years After Abortion, Indian Woman Finds Aborted Baby In Her Abdomen (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by yinxfun(m): 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
ikorodureporta:

Na wa o!
Lalasticlala come see o! Thats one of d biggest hospital in ikorodu. Are they quacks? Could it be that they punctured somewhere & decided to patch it up with the towel so the patient dnt die in their hands, or a sort of attack by witches, because a doctor told us how he closed his hospital due to 'interference' by strong forces during operation?
Signs of burning excessive hours on Africa magic channel sad

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Aroh48(m): 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
drotony:
Doctor performs very difficult surgery to save a patient, maybe a 28 hours neurosurgery. Nobody hears of it. Doctor commits one mistake... FrontPage!
why must a doctor commits any mistake?
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Cornerstone001: 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Kcinho(m): 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
it is the duty of the scrub nurse to count all the materials used for the surgery before closing the patient up to avoid this kind of situation. maybe the didn't use one. very poor practice in that case. still trying to figure out exactly what they mean by towel.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
ikorodureporta:

Na wa o!
Lalasticlala come see o! Thats one of d biggest hospital in ikorodu. Are they quacks? Could it be that they punctured somewhere & decided to patch it up with the towel so the patient dnt die in their hands, or a sort of attack by witches, because a doctor told us how he closed his hospital due to 'interference' by strong forces during operation?
Not one of the, it is the biggest private owned hospital in Ikorodu.
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by martineverest(m): 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
dats how they forgot cotton wool inside my sister's body after appendicitis surgery
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
drotony:
Doctor performs very difficult surgery to save a patient, maybe a 28 hours neurosurgery. Nobody hears of it. Doctor commits one mistake... FrontPage!
As in ehn, e taya me. Every one is out with their long knives
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Kcinho(m): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
Aroh48:
doctors don turn God na.
you never make mistake for your office before Abi.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by graphiti: 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
Babangida70:
The duo, Dr Taiwo Shogunle, 53 and Dr. Adeleke Olusegun, 43

Ayam ara here menh..... grin grin grin grin
NCAN sokoto branch

At least they'll (probably) go 2 jail 4 doing legitimate work gone awry......

But as 4 drug trafficking..........

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by owanedo: 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
annnikky:

Thats their foolishness, hw can two professional doctors forget a towel after surgery

They need to be jailed for life honestly cos some times this doctors n nurses r carefree about their patients lives undecided undecided
nothing like negligence here, this is Africa. I suspect Africa magic. The world is wicked. These doctors are just victims of circumstance.
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by agbonkamen(f): 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
ikorodureporta:

Na wa o!
vthis is ordinary they have been carrying out surgery before witches get hand put cos if you are close to a doctor you will understand what am saying
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Ezinwa120: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Strip the two westerners of their licenses and issue them a trado medical license, that's their stock in trade. Ndi ogwu mgborogwu

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by agbonkamen(f): 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
ikorodureporta:

Na wa o!
this is ordinary they have been carrying out surgery before witches get hand put cos if you are close to a doctor you will understand what am saying
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by reducto: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
It is not a mistake.
It a new soffiskated method of doing surgerygrin
Ask cone head afonjas, they will tell you gringrin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by graphiti: 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
Chai, we have a long way 2 waka 4 ds country o!

The same pipo protesting d conviction/execution of drug traffickers they vex/condemn d parzin wey dey do legit biz!

Na so d painment reach?

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by caracas: 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
Came to check names and am not suprised.
They are the products of free education
Awolowo really destroyed those ppl.
EDUCATED IILITERATES.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by jrusky(m): 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
What a nonsesnse is this for God sake how can you a doctor I mean qualify doctor forget towel in someone stomach what is all these nonsense oh heaven and now he will say its devil that caused it. How could you do surgery and stich up without 100% sure all is clear This was a friend elder sister was killed 3 years ago the doctor forget his wedding ring inside the woman stomach before the family the woman already turned pale and becoming white in a matter of few hours she was gone in attempt to remove the wedding ring from her belly.

This is very bad error please.
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Drguzzykola(m): 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
Aroh48:
Come to think of it, at least they should know they are God,
Why will they make mistake

Funny

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by bigiyaro(m): 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigerian doctors, if na strike dem no go forget to embark, how can d two of dem be dat careless? If one makes an error at least d 2nd one suppose counterram
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Artib(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
all they know to fight for is salary increment. NMA don't really case about how to eradicate all the quacks among them. Let them face the wrath of law till the end, withdraw their licences!
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by DBestDoc(f): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
The theatre nurse didn't do his/her job well.
He was supposed to take record of every single surgical instruments, guazes/towels used for the operation and he failed.

It's his job to count and recount them to make sure he got them all back before the patient is closed up...

The only mistake those Doctors made was failing to double check and ask, unfortunately it cost the patient his life.

Food don don for people who know nothing about how an operating room is being run or organized, they will start shouting quacks angry. The real culprit here is the Nurse, but as usual the Doctor is charged for every mistake that goes on under his watch.

RIP to the dead.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Nwaisuochi(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
Aroh48:
I don't want to check names.
This towel must be sofistikated!
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by miketayo(m): 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
drotony:

you dont commit mistakes like that as a doc
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by DBlackCeazer(m): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
News like these makes me want to slap someone, how careless can one be!
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Onegai(f): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Agreed, a mistake is a mistake, esp when it costs a life however many of us should note that the towel being mentioned of here is a small piece of cloth(gauze), small enough that it could be hidden by a clenched fist.
Matters arising : If they really did forget the gauze in the patient, why would they plead 'not guilty' instead of admitting to their error.
They're more questions than answers in this matter, surely the press appears biased in this case

Everyone charged to court in Nigeria pleads "not guilty", even the paedophiles. Just check any thread. I think it's what their lawyers advise them. For this case to be charged to court, there must have been an autopsy so there seems to be enough evidence. Several malpractice suits have been settled out of court and not being carried in the newspapers. I know this because I know lawyers who handled the different cases and won because the hospital had too much to lose.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by THEWEDDINGSTORE: 2:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
hhmmmmmmmmmm

stop there... oya check my signature grin
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Onegai(f): 2:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
DBestDoc:
The theatre nurse didn't do his/her job well.
He was supposed to take record of every single surgical instruments, guazes/towels used for the operation and he failed.

It's his job to count and recount them to make sure he got them all back before the patient is closed up...

The only mistake those Doctors made was failing to double check and ask, unfortunately it cost the patient his life.

Food don don for people who know nothing about how an operating room is being run or organized, they will start shouting quacks angry. The real culprit here is the Nurse, but as usual the Doctor is charged for every mistake that goes on under his watch.

RIP to the dead.

Well, if you say you are at the top of the medical profession, you have to also be willing to take the largest responsibility. Because it happened under his watch, so he's to blame. I am responsible for my workers doing the wrong thing.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by SWORD419(m): 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
south and quark doctors ehnn
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
Same doctors that won't treat you except you deposit money.

After treating you, they now negligently deposit foreign body in you

What a wicked and cruel world.
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Jacko1(m): 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
as i saw the name.... Ikorodu

Hw can you forget towel inside person

Who knows what else they forget

This is rubbish
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by profosenogoboy: 2:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
ChappyChase:
Towel!!
yes towl
Re: Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
Onegai:

Everyone charged to court in Nigeria pleads "not guilty", even the paedophiles. Just check any thread. I think it's what their lawyers advise them. For this case to be charged to court, there must have been an autopsy so there seems to be enough evidence. Several malpractice suits have been settled out of court and not being carried in the newspapers. I know this because I know lawyers who handled the different cases and won because the hospital had too much to lose.
Ofcus I know this too and I agree with you 100%, buh I'm stil surprised. When you plead not guilty to an obvious crime, you incense the Judge who slams you with a hefty bail as you would be seen to be 'wasting the court's time '.
On the contrary, if he pleaded guilty and his lawyer is smart, he may be convicted on a lesser charge and serve less time. Ofcus this is considering that he is a first time offender and His years of experience means it wasn't an act of negligence buh a professional mistake which anyone could make.
I also have a lawyer and a judge in the family, buh it's ok if he is made to go it the long and rough way. Hospital and Doctor loses alot of money & patients while the lawyers feed fat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! / Santa Claus Collapses And Dies In Front Of Children At School Christmas Party / COVID-19: Ubong King Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.