Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke (25451 Views)

Video: Former President Jonathan Is Broke EX-PDP Youth Leader Deji / Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say Nigeria Was Broke –amaechi / Wali Begged Me To Share N950m In My House- Shekarau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by twise4242(f): 9:00am On Aug 03, 2016
yjgm:

https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-recession-jonathan-covered
they have turn the country into a joke hmmm God dey o

Even our force too FRSC says dont drink and drive, na wa o dfficers dey shark
for road anyhow dem no send, na for only Niger una fit
block dis kind thing for road. God dey ooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by UjSizzle(f): 9:00am On Aug 03, 2016
promqueen247:
They almost mean the same thing, Broke but not flat broke means cash strapped. So. She only came to your office to teach you English.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by shanktang(m): 9:01am On Aug 03, 2016
She begged you not to say so in order not to distract the inflow of investment and you flowed along with it, that means you agreed with her that at that moment that was the most sensible thing to do, she did the right thing in the interest of even you yourself so why blame her now. Its now time to seek a proper solution so get to work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 03, 2016
ElCount:

What APC and Buhari don't know is that a countrys' economy needs marketing and so far buhari and apc have demarketed the nigeria economy in different ways with their careless statements and chased the investors away.

Imagine Buhari going to an international event and saying nigerians are criminals, what kind of investor will want to invest in such country.
Or is it how they frequently say "nigerias' economy is in recession or in crisis"
Such statements shouldn't be coming from members of the so called economic team, you would think that they being professionals should know better

God bless your common sense. Even in elementary economics, remove marketing from your supply and demand will worsen. The first thing Buhari did on assumption of office was fly around the world and market Nigeria negatively. We are eating the fruits now!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by wyqay: 9:03am On Aug 03, 2016
Esii oku,it is lie nna
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by cherylTee(f): 9:05am On Aug 03, 2016
Amaechi always speaking from the anus.
You can only tell a blind that there is no oil in the soup and not salt. If Nigeria was broke under #TeamGEJ# and yet things were rosy it only goes to Show how CAPABLE And COMPETENT they were, and what a FAILURE #TeamPMB# is.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Goke7: 9:05am On Aug 03, 2016
ElCount:

What APC and Buhari don't know is that a countrys' economy needs marketing and so far buhari and apc have demarketed the nigeria economy in different ways with their careless statements and chased the investors away.

Imagine Buhari going to an international event and saying nigerians are criminals, what kind of investor will want to invest in such country.
Or is it how they frequently say "nigerias' economy is in recession or in crisis"
Such statements shouldn't be coming from members of the so called economic team, you would think that they being professionals should know better

But where are all the positive statements in the past led us to? at 65$ per barrel of crude oil, same Okonjo iweala was already borrowing to pay salaries despite all her smooth talk to woo investors. All the lies we have been told over the years never diversified our economy.

The truth is all over the world, we already have a bad image when it comes to criminality and no country in the world even needs the Nigerian President to remind them, just few days ago, Nigerians were executed in Indonesia in drug trade, was it PMB who told them they were criminals? Being diplomatic with the true situation of your country has a limit it can go especially in this age of information technology where with a click of the button, you know what's up in any country in the world. We are the ones de-marketing our country with our sheer laziness and wanting short cut to wealth and prosperity.
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Prechy08(m): 9:09am On Aug 03, 2016
Bigmillz:
Okonjo iweala begged him not tell Nigerians the truth and he accepted isn't that treason isn't that corruption? Ameachi your days of lying is numbered
Exactly, God bless you, but will there see it as that? Members of APC are saints. U dont dare say this in American or Britain, you will just resign or face the music

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by tico1212(m): 9:09am On Aug 03, 2016
HtwoOw:
Damn

wailers whatsup??

Reasonable people knew when Nigeria got broke , That was before presidential election campaigns, just around the time Jonathan Reduced Osun's state allocation from 4.2 Billion to 1.2 Billion and for 6 months Osun workers didn't get any salaries

They shared more money than Nigeria can ever make !

Did i hear you say Jonathan reduced Osun State allocation? Ani eti go ju ni Osun... i know that's what your so called governor told you pple.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by tete7000(m): 9:10am On Aug 03, 2016
ElCount:

Or saying he doesn't believe or see anything good in devaluation of naira even after he has given go ahead for his economic team to do that. These people are just set of brainless and idiotic mofos.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Forwetinnah: 9:10am On Aug 03, 2016
Ameachi knew the country was in recession under GEJ but still took his administration to court to share money that was meant to cushion the country in times like these? The lunatics under boooooohari's administration must really think everyone is stupid

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2016
tico1212:

Did i hear you say Jonathan reduced Osun State allocation? Ani eti go ju ni Osun... i know that's what your so called governor told you pple.

We no stupid for Osun oh bros, just that the population of the stupid ones are more than those of us who know the sane truth. Its why I started claiming Oyo, at least that one is slightly better! Maybe the equation will improve in Osun before elections sha...then my voters' card will be useful...until then, allow them wallow in the total absence of sense!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by senator000: 9:13am On Aug 03, 2016
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by phranq(m): 9:14am On Aug 03, 2016
fizzy4luv:
I want to believe you are saying the truth, which means that the woman managed the situation more professionally than the present kemi Adeosun. Even World biggest economy is heavily indebted. Jonathan paraded Ministers that were more capable of giving us a leverage among comity of Nations, he was just too soft on them and gave some too much free hand thus allowing corruption to strive

God bless you for being objective!!! GEJ's admin had its issues but his economic team was superb...though he inherited d team from OBJ. PMB's team don't know anything about policy but talk and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by jaybee3(m): 9:14am On Aug 03, 2016
UjSizzle:

grin grin

It's an open secret that the Chinese govt manipulate their economic indicators so how come this alarm isn't attracting the right attention

Oya school me madam economist tongue tongue
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by ElCount: 9:17am On Aug 03, 2016
Goke7:

But where are all the positive statements in the past led us to? at 65$ per barrel of crude oil, same Okonjo iweala was already borrowing to pay salaries despite all her smooth talk to woo investors. All the lies we have been told over the years never diversified our economy.

The truth is all over the world, we already have a bad image when it comes to criminality and no country in the world even needs the Nigerian President to remind them, just few days ago, Nigerians were executed in Indonesia in drug trade, was it PMB who told them they were criminals? Being diplomatic with the true situation of your country has a limit it can go especially in this age of information technology where with a click of the button, you know what's up in any country in the world. We are the ones de-marketing our country with our sheer laziness and wanting short cut to wealth and prosperity.
@ the bold
You asking this question shows that you are not being sincere. The standard of living under GEJ and under Buhari is clear for all to see.
The job losses under buhari and the number of companies that have folded up and left the country under buhari is there for all to see.

Yes there are nigerians demarketing the country with their actions but again there are also nigerians that market the country positively with their achievements. This is normal for every country and to some extent the they kinda cancel each other out.

But its a different ball game when the president of the country goes demarketing the country in front of international cameramen, world powers, elites, international organizations and what have you.

There's no argument here, its clear for all to see if only you can embrace reality

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Rolings: 9:18am On Aug 03, 2016
fizzy4luv:
I want to believe you are saying the truth, which means that the woman managed the situation more professionally than the present kemi Adeosun. Even World biggest economy is heavily indebted. Jonathan paraded Ministers that were more capable of giving us a leverage among comity of Nations, he was just too soft on them and gave some too much free hand thus allowing corruption to strive

Professionalism without efficiency is unprofessional. Check out what the efficiency unit created by kemi is doing presently and you will see NOI was just all talks and a Bretton woods puppet. TSA was not implemented even though NOI knew of it and Gej didn't have the political will. Ghost workers can be discovered In 6 months but NOI used 5years to weed out only a few thousands . By next year the difference between NOIand Kemi will be as clear as 7up
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 03, 2016
Hahahaha. I laugh at anybody expecting commonsense from amaechi. Hard drugs have messed up his brain.
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Pray(m): 9:19am On Aug 03, 2016
"I beg of you, do not go about saying Nigeria is broke". Probably those were her words. Use of English.
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Jakama90(m): 9:22am On Aug 03, 2016
Close your dirty mouth Mr Rotimi Scam. Amaechi
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by hylyne(m): 9:23am On Aug 03, 2016
Can't this guy make any comments without involving Okonjo iwuala or GEJ?
He does himself more harm anyways...
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Guyman02: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2016
fizzy4luv:

Nice comment; he had a good team but was too gentle on some politicians which led to massive corruption.
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Goke7: 9:32am On Aug 03, 2016
ElCount:

@ the bold
You asking this question shows that you are not being sincere. The standard of living under GEJ and under Buhari is clear for all to see.
The job losses under buhari and the number of companies that have folded up and left the country under buhari is there for all to see.

Yes there are nigerians demarketing the country with their actions but again there are also nigerians that market the country positively with their achievements. This is normal for every country and to some extent the they kinda cancel each other out.

But its a different ball game when the president of the country goes demarketing the country in front of international cameramen, world powers, elites, international organizations and what have you.

There's no argument here, its clear for all to see if only you can embrace reality

you are just being political here, GEJ and Okonjo themselves know the truth about our present economic woes with okonjo admitting that they lacked the political will to certain things that would have prevented what we are witnessing today.

Time will tell whether PMB is evil or not, I just hope when things begin to take shape cos nothing surely lasts forever, you guys won't come up to take credit for Jonathan again.
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Ghost447(m): 9:33am On Aug 03, 2016
Is he normal?
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Deepfreezer(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2016
Give me a gun I swear I will shot Rotimi Amaechi.
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Deepfreezer(m): 9:43am On Aug 03, 2016
Give me a gun I swear I will shot Rotimi Amaechi..

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by profosenogoboy: 9:45am On Aug 03, 2016
If she begs you and you agree not to say it you are corrupt
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Nathseun(m): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2016
Guy go sit down and stop talking gibberish. Learn to talk less.
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Abagworo(m): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2016
fizzy4luv:

Window dressing is never sustainable. What we suffer today is as a result of their refusal to open up and tackle the problem.
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Achorise: 9:56am On Aug 03, 2016
[quote author=fizzy4luv post=48136868]I want to believe you are saying the truth, which means that the woman managed the situation more professionally than the present kemi Adeosun. Even World biggest economy is heavily indebted. Jonathan paraded Ministers that were more capable of giving us a leverage among comity of Nations, he was just too soft on them and gave some too much free hand thus allowing corruption to strive[.Guy your comment shows You are not just educated but exposed, more will be appreciated.
Re: Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke by Timfreds(m): 9:57am On Aug 03, 2016
Amaechi has started again. when will APC lies stop so they can face the reality on ground. 9ja don enter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Divorced His Wife Because She Vowed To Vote Buhari / Nigerians Head AFDB, OPEC, WTO And Other International Organizations / Umahi Inspects Construction Of College Of Medicine In Ebonyi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.