Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,291 members, 7,846,323 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job (20477 Views)

Cee-C Visits FIRS Office Abuja, Says 'Don't Forget To Pay Your Tax' / DJ Cuppy Drives Her Father's Rolls-Royce In London, Says "Don't Tell Him" / Festus Fadeyi’s Children Warn Toke Makinwa: "Leave Our Father Alone” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by waldigit: 11:03am On Aug 03, 2016
Flexherbal:
What will a man without a job use in feeding his wife?

Pls Sir how do we define the man with job. Is it banking job that has no security again or state civil service that can't get 10 months salary, or the private sector where you can be sacked without notice?
So now if I promised to marry a man now because he has good job and we are on our way to altar and biemmey! he lost his job before the wedding day. then should I leave him and look for another bro with these so called job.
I sincerely hope our leaders really understand what we are passing through. May God help us. He is our only hope of Glory.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2016
I was at d camp and the pastor that preach abt mArriage is not baba himself,
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by rolams(m): 11:10am On Aug 03, 2016
Abeg wetin be Adam's job before him Mary Ave? Help me ask Anty Toke!

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by repogirl(f): 11:14am On Aug 03, 2016
jaybee3:

Says who?

Just imagine how ridiculous your statement is when clearly that rule cannot be set in stone because of obvious world/economic dynamics

Here is an example for you to ponder on:

Should Joe blogg leave his wife who is temporarily working away in the middle east just because she can’t perform her duty of taking care of the home that includes a young child?

Should Cynthia Blogg who struggled hard to earn an MSc in Engineering degree with years of experience abandon her career because according to you Joe blogg is meant to cater for the home?

Should Joe Blogg be allowed to develop avoidable stress just because he isn’t able to earn enough money to support the collective dream of the family?

I would plead with you to embed the spirit of flexibility in you if you aren’t currently married as that’s a recipe for disaster
you see how you are going off on a tangent unnecessarily?

Yes, the realities of life interfere with how the family should be run naturally and noone is disputing that but still we shouldn't make excuses and allow the dysfunctionality of the system to affect our families.

Ofcourse, life derails our plans but still basic things should be put in place to build a thriving home. Ask your fictional characters Joe and Cynthia if they prefer to put their careers before the collective happiness of the family.

I know for a fact that no man/woman enjoys being alone while their spouse is far away working for long periods of time and most women don't enjoy leaving their kids for long periods of time. I know this because I'm a mother and I am married.

These things happen, agreed but doesn't make it right. Our current system and all that is going on in the world today is attestation to the fact that there is something wrong in our families.

Ofcourse noone is forcing anyone to adhere to the basic principles of building a family. As you say, people should be flexible, but in that flexibility,put your family first before career or whatever else.
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Yksoul(m): 11:19am On Aug 03, 2016
HONESTLY,GUYS WHO HAVE NO JOB SHOULD NOT MARRY AND ALSO GUYS WHO HAVE JOB SHOULD NOT MARRY LADIES WHO DONT HAVE A JOB.GBAM!
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Vilshow(m): 11:20am On Aug 03, 2016
imohchard:
Can she marry?

At a point every guy will be jobless.
Zuckerberg was once jobless, his wife didn't leave him
Bill Gates was once jobless, Melinda didn't leave him

Because Adeboye has seen fulltime work of collecting people's tithe and offerings abi?
What is this one saying Zuckerberg has founded facebook since his undergraduate days, Melinda was a staff to Bill Gate before he decided to marry her.
Get your fact right b4 you come and split here
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by jaybee3(m): 11:23am On Aug 03, 2016
repogirl:
you see how you are going off on a tangent unnecessarily?

Yes, the realities of life interfere with how the family should be run naturally and noone is disputing that but still we shouldn't make excuses and allow the dysfunctionality of the system to affect our families.

Ofcourse, life derails our plans but still basic things should be put in place to build a thriving home. Ask your fictional characters Joe and Cynthia if they prefer to put their careers before the collective happiness of the family.

I know for a fact that no man/woman enjoys being alone while their spouse is far away working for long periods of time and most women don't enjoy leaving their kids for long periods of time. I know this because I'm a mother and I am married.

These things happen, agreed but doesn't make it right. Our current system and all that is going on in the world today is attestation to the fact that there is something wrong in our families.

Ofcourse noone is forcing anyone to adhere to the basic principles of building a family. As you say, people should be flexible, but in that flexibility,put your family first before career or whatever else.

I’m sure I didn’t go off tangent since the scenario explained is what many go through in the pursuit of good life.

Success requires flexibility except it’s okay to accept status quo so the family can have a questionable level of happiness.

Yes no family will be happy being separated. I’m also certain you need to be flexible with your approach to achieve ultimate success

Bottom line which I’m sure you now agree is, there really isn’t a hard and fast rule to having a successful relationships. You have to do whatever it takes to achieve the collective defined success.

3 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by repogirl(f): 11:42am On Aug 03, 2016
jaybee3:

I’m sure I didn’t go off tangent since the scenario explained is what many go through in the pursuit of good life.

Success requires flexibility except it’s okay to accept status quo so the family can have a questionable level of happiness.

Yes no family will be happy being separated. I’m also certain you need to be flexible with your approach to achieve ultimate success

Bottom line which I’m sure you now agree is there really isn’t a hard and fast rule to successful relationships. You have to do whatever it takes to achieve the collective defined success.
by questionable level of happiness, you definitely term 'happiness' to mean wealth.

I still believe family first. Even Michelle Obama had to give up a promising law career to focus on her family. She chaired a few boards and earned some income but it was nothing compared to what she would have gained if she had continued with law.

Maybe there isn't a proven hard and fast rule to successful relationships but if people chose to focus on their kids/family instead of wealth(success), maybe things could be different and true success could be achieved.

There's nothing wrong in being a career woman, supporting the home and family but if her job is taking her away from what really matters(family), it's probably time to dial it down a notch.

That's my belief anyway. You might not agree, it's fine.
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Gwan2(m): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2016
If Toke wan insult TEE-BILLS, make she insult am direct abeg........................................... undecided
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by imohchard(m): 11:48am On Aug 03, 2016
Vilshow:

What is this one saying Zuckerberg has founded facebook since his undergraduate days, Melinda was a staff to Bill Gate before he decided to marry her.
Get your fact right b4 you come and split here
zuckerberg dated her since college years
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by acada111(f): 11:54am On Aug 03, 2016
kaen1317:
Personally know a jobless man whose doors start opening when he got married. He went from one job to another before presently ending up in an oil company. He attributes his success to the wife he married. [b]Some women bring luck to a man. [/b]God in his infinite mercy has a way of making the impossible possible....and as for His ways we don't know them

If a man loses his job immediately marriage, the woman has brought bad luck but if it's the other way round, the man won't be accused of bringing bad luck on the woman o.
It's all about timing, in my opinion.
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by jaybee3(m): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
repogirl:

by questionable level of happiness, you definitely term 'happiness' to mean wealth.

Happiness isn’t necessarily wealth BUT happiness to my family looks like the following:
Being able to send our kids to the best school
Being able to match our needs and want with a great degree of affordability
Being able to have above par level of comfort

repogirl:

I still believe family first. Even Michelle Obama had to give up a promising law career to focus on her family. She chaired a few boards and earned some income but it was nothing compared to what she would have gained if she had continued with law.
Are we still talking about the common man here or we going to pluck anomalies and paint it as the norm?
How much was Obama earning at the time?
She could have earned more is a probability which frankly can’t be factored into the equation. It made economic sense at the time to support his dream because he was probably earning enough at the time or they had earned enough to allow them focus on his election. Barack was earning around $150K per annum at the time which clearly is upper middle class

It’s simple logic to expect a partner to focus on other things if money isn’t/wasn’t an issue

repogirl:

Maybe there isn't a proven hard and fast rule to successful relationships but if people chose to focus on their kids/family instead of wealth(success), maybe things could be different and true success could be achieved.
Finance is a key part of family so it’s impossible to ignore it when it’s clearly the second most important reason for divorce after infidelity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by mcgaius: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
I think marriage should be all about CV.Everyone should build his/her cv to enable the prospective marriage partner to know if the marriage will be viable or not.For women,there must be an interview section to test how long a woman can pray without stopping and how well a woman can cook.Anyone who is below per will be disqualified.
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by repogirl(f): 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
jaybee3:

Happiness isn’t necessarily wealth BUT happiness to my family looks like the following:
Being able to send our kids to the best school
Being able to match our needs and want with a great degree of affordability
Being able to have above par level of comfort

Are we still talking about the common man here or we going to pluck anomalies and paint it as the norm?
How much was Obama earning at the time?
She could have earned more is a probability which frankly can’t be factored into the equation. It made economic sense at the time to support his dream because he was probably earning enough at the time or they had earned enough to allow them focus on his election. Barack was earning around $150K per annum at the time which clearly is upper middle class

It’s simple logic to expect a partner to focus on other things if money isn’t/wasn’t an issue

Finance is a key part of family so it’s impossible to ignore it when it’s clearly the second most important reason for divorce after infidelity
Finance is key, agreed which is why a man is adviced to have a job before marriage but is it ever enough? Does one ever get to the point where one will say... okay, I am earning enough now and money is not an issue anymore so, let me just relax a bit or maintain where I am right now?

I bet you it doesn't.

And again, to be able to earn more and keep the cash flow steady, one definitely has to invest more time into whatever one is doing. This will definitely tell on other areas of one's life because no one is superman.

It takes someone who values the right things to know when to step back and focus on what matters most. In this case, Family because the fact is money is never enough and as one's income rises, so does his wants and his expenditure.

I applaud Michelle Obama because it really isn't easy. From where you are,you see them as upper middle class but she could have wanted so much more for herself. We can apply that scenario to our lives, how much will eventually be enough?

We like to tell ourselves we are doing these things to give the best to our children/family but sometimes, we are really doing these things for ourselves. To drive the best cars, designer clothes etc. It's not bad o but one should just not lose sight of what matters more.

I rest my case.
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
Afrok:
Okay! When it comes to the issue of marriage, people tends to pick some parts that favours them and leave the rest, just for self-consolation undecided...

Women that married men with jobs in fact millionaires and billionaires but at the end, the marriage didn't last nko and vice-versa?shocked
Make them continue to play reggae blues with the issue of marriage embarassed later they'll still change their mouth undecided.

"Let his vision materialize before marrying him", I guess the make-ups she applies blocks her own VISION from materializing wink... Only in Nigeria a poor man will be selling books on how to be rich, nah everybody dey give advice when it comes to relationship and marriage cheesy

#if u like take my post serious and spew thrash, concern u# tongue
which make up.
na longer throat na in de worry d mumu. yet she wonders why she is single till rapture
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Samuel89(m): 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
err...so? why did her marriage crash then??
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Still not a sin.
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Emenex(m): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
Job or no job, love prevails! After all, no right thinking man would like to be a sluggard.... I ain't got no job for now but my woman loves me. But ain't marrying her yet until i got employment... no matter how little it is.
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
repogirl:
Men should be able to cater for the home and women should be able to care for the home. The Pastor addressed both needs clearly.
pls vote for falconey also..
Thank you.
Link on my siggy.
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Epatty(f): 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
bladeAnders:
toke with her empty coconut head
At least she get money pass you...
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Na so one desperate chic dey pressure me to marry her as if she no go later complain if i no meet her financial needs afterwards.I tell her ho ha,babe,I never ready.
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
Smh
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
imohchard:
Can she marry?

At a point every guy will be jobless.
Zuckerberg was once jobless, his wife didn't leave him
Bill Gates was once jobless, Melinda didn't leave him

Because Adeboye has seen fulltime work of collecting people's tithe and offerings abi?

oga, Zukerberg wasn't married at the time. He was already a billionaire before he got married
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by loswhite(m): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
AntiWailer:
Seriously why should a man without a job marry ?

It is lack of conscience that makes a jobless man have a hard on.

His mind should be too occupied to have an errecction.
so what happens if he lost the job after marriage..lol. I guess they will just announce their divorce...smh
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
loswhite:
so what happens if he lost the job after marriage..lol. I guess they will just announce their divorce...smh
one of the things he should consider when going to look for work is job security and prospect. Of course, certain things do happen but that's rare.

A MAN SHOULD GET A JOB, PERIOD!
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Mzflow(f): 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
English is hard. The man of God said don't marry a man who does not have a job i.e a source of income.he didn't say make sure you marry a wealthy or rich man.
Broke guys can so take things personal
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by awayeyebundle: 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
Eheheen!,naso so money u want abi,without startin with him before he make the money.Ur own na make he don make money first and then start to married him.....lover of money...like Edo people
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by loswhite(m): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
craziebone:
one of the things he should consider when going to look for work is job security and prospect. Of course, certain things do happen but that's rare.

A MAN SHOULD GET A JOB, PERIOD!
A man do not need to get a job because of marriage period.......As to if u decide to marry a rich or a poor man that is ppls personal business and decision to make. marriage goes above providing for family. it is a commitment to be with somebody irrespective of what ever happens. The truth is getting a source of income is good for everyone including singles and married couples. my point is if you marry a man because of he has a job now what happens if that job goes away? if u marry a lady because she so beautiful what happens if she lost part of the beauty due to accident? these are questions we need to ask ourselves? it is better to be prepared mentally for marriage than to think that marriage is all about my husband works with chevron. my 2cent
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by bladeAnders(m): 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
Epatty:
At least she get money pass you...
wetin be money?
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
danigbo:
Any man that can not care for his family is worse than an INFIDEL !

U guys should stop miss quoting this bible passage. The bible couldn't hv been referring to a man who does not hv a job or in economic hardship, but to the man who has the means bt refuses to cater to the needs of the family

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Bolaadu(m): 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
lovdoc:
Toke Makinwa has buttressed pastor Adeboye's point that ladies should not marry men with no jobs or source of income..
Pastor Enoch Adeboye has been trending since he dished oput marriage advice warning men not to marry women who can not cook or pray for a hour .He also advised women not to marry men without jobs.

Source: http://www.9janewsarena.com/2016/08/toke-makinwa-defends-pastor-adeboye.html

if you follow their advice you will rust in your parent house now dat girls are even asking guys to please marry her just to Bear his name.take note very soon some pastors will be advising to marry more than 1 wife,d u think baba just advice is members for no reason answered is No compare choirs with prayer warriors their ways of life,choirs are more social Dan prayer warriors so prayer warriors used to have delay in marriage not because of anything ooo but lack of dressing bad policies,if u want to move closer to God is better u don't marry.
Re: Toke Makinwa Supports Pastor Adeboye, Says Don't Marry A Man Without A Job by Bolaadu(m): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
lovdoc:
Toke Makinwa has buttressed pastor Adeboye's point that ladies should not marry men with no jobs or source of income..
Pastor Enoch Adeboye has been trending since he dished oput marriage advice warning men not to marry women who can not cook or pray for a hour .He also advised women not to marry men without jobs.

Source: http://www.9janewsarena.com/2016/08/toke-makinwa-defends-pastor-adeboye.html

if you follow their advice you will rust in your parent house now dat girls are even asking guys to please marry her just to Bear his name.take note very soon some pastors will be advising to marry more than 1 wife,d u think baba just advice is members for no reason answered is No compare choirs with prayer warriors their ways of life,choirs are more social Dan prayer warriors so prayer warriors used to have delay in marriage not because of anything ooo but lack of dressing bad policies,if u want to move closer to God is better u don't marry.for guys you too don't marry woman without job because you also need helping hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Patoranking Wins Best Reggae/Dance Hall Single At The Headies 2016 / Shan George Dances To Celebrate Ayade Re-election / Julius Agwu And Family In Beautiful Beach Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.