Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,374 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com (3024 Views)

I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs / See This Crazy, Uncommon Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!!c / Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by zogo(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2009
hi room,
i was directed by a friend to register and apply for job in the site  http://www.getafreelancer.com, and i have started receiving projects frm the site in my box, am not familiar with the job bidding and how to start working there. pls if u are member there, pls can u help me out on how to start, and how can one receive payments from them. tenx
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by ifyalways(f): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2009
Hello.I worked with Gaf while preggie and wasat home.here are the secrets ;
Always check on the 50 new projects,its right under the browse project tab.
Check for projects that you can handle,click on it.
Open project,glance through other bidders,note their bid price and day of delivery.
you wud see bid on this project at the end ofthe page,click on it.
it takes you to another page.
NOw,on the column of bid price,bid on the lowest amt possible ie if the project owner wrote that project estimated cost is 30 to 100 dols,bid 30 dols.
on the day of delivery,write how long it wud take u to finish and submit the project.
on the message board,leave a very brief msg and then refer him to check PMB.
then click submit.
it wud then bring u back to see the project,click yes and then beside the project owners nam u wud see post a message ie PMB.click on it.
it wud take u to another page. . .this is the most important part now.
Never ever post ur personal information eg YIM,MSN,Skype or NO there.
you wud then try and convince the job owner why you thinku are the best candidate for the job.You can show u samples of ur previous jobs .Also this is the right place to state ur price for the whole project.
Remember,u need reviews ie notes of commendation from ppl that u have worked with and as a newbie,most ppl wud be skeptical to give u projects so u have to have patience and keep writting the project owner.
Once u are able to convince anyone to give u a project,plsssss make sure u complete the project as and when u promised,
When a job owner choses you to handle his project,GAF now writes u to inform u that ur bid have won and u have been chosen for the project, . .you wud then accept or reject the project.
If you accept,GAF wud write u again to inform u that the project have commenced AND give u the email address of the project owner.
contact the project owner via mail,he wud then give u the job description.
Payment
GAF pays BUT u have to be carefuland wise.
Dont accept paypal mode of payment first,atleast til lu understand the system very well.
USE escrow ie half of ur money wud be paid in by project owner to GAF immediately u accept the project,so when u complete the project,he releases the other half.reason . . .if any dispute arises ,u can always get back to GAF and they wud sort it out and pay u ur money.
Be wise b4 dealing with any job owner esp those without reviews as there are chances they might not pay u ur money. u wud notice trial job owner beside the names of such project owners.
are u a gold member?if yes u can bid as much jobs as u like but if no,ur are limited to just 15 bids per month so use it wisely.
Projects with more than 5 bids,ignore them,dont waste ur bids.lol
if there is stillany more questions,i wud be glad to help.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by cvibe: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2009
Bidding for a job on getafreelancer depends on what you are willing to charge for each service. Getting repeat jobs to boost your feedback is based on honesty, customer satisfaction and good customer service.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by ifyalways(f): 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2009
ok.i posted a very long and detailed explanation for u but the spam bot took it  angry
dont know what to do now,too lenghty for me to start re-writting now  angry angry
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by ifyalways(f): 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2009
let me try again,this time it wud be shorter. angry
Membership
Are u a free or gold member?
As a free member,GAF takes 10 percent of whatever u earn per job while as a gold member,they dont.
As a free member,u are limited to just 15 bids per month while as a gold member,u have unlimited no of bids.
Most project/job owners prefer gold members.
If and once u get ur first project try and become a gold member,its costs less than 10 dols.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by ifyalways(f): 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2009
looking for projects
On the homepage,u wud see the tab,browse projects,click on it.
when it opens scroll down to the 50 latest projects and check them out.
once u see a project u think u can handle then click on the project.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by ifyalways(f): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2009
bidding
Any project with more than 6 bidders already on it,pls ignore it esp if u are a free member with no reviews.
At the end of the project description,u wud see bid on project,click on it.
Every project owner posts an estimated cost of project,from the lowest amt to the highest,always bid on the lowest amt.eg if the project owner posts 30 to 100 dols,bid with 30 dols on the tab for amt.
On the tab for time of delivery for a completed project,put in the time u honestly think it wud take u to finish and submit the project.
Then on the msg tab,write something very short,dont go writting ur crendentials and cv,u can just ask the job owner to check his PMB.the shorter,the better.
then click on post and ur bid wud be posted.
note; if u dont see bid on project at the end of any project,it means either the project is private or it does not fit in into ur area of expertise. . .remember u choose 10 when registering. wink
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by Ighedome(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2009
If you win a project, never select Paypal to receive your payment since it is not supported in Nigeria. You can use Money Bookers to transfer money to your local bank account. It’s cheap and safe to do this with your account on Money Booker. For details of money bookers, I prefer to send it to your email, it is much and I don't like it posted here.

Reach me on xpartventures@yahoo.com
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2009
@ify, i guess u are part of the GAF development team, i used gaf in my early days
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by digitalize(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2009
Hi guys, I hav been havin challenges using getafreelancer.com. But ur post had been an eye opener. Thanks alot.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by HajiaTanko: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2009
@ Ighedome.  I think proper orientation to opening a moneybooks account should be accorded to their website (moneybookers.com) and not your person (YAHOO) email address.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by lucillia90: 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2009
ifyalways:

Hello.I worked with Gaf while preggie and wasat home.here are the secrets ;
Always check on the 50 new projects,its right under the browse project tab.
Check for projects that you can handle,click on it.
Open project,glance through other bidders,note their bid price and day of delivery.
you wud see bid on this project at the end ofthe page,click on it.
it takes you to another page.
NOw,on the column of bid price,bid on the lowest amt possible ie if the project owner wrote that project estimated cost is 30 to 100 dols,bid 30 dols.
on the day of delivery,write how long it wud take u to finish and submit the project.
on the message board,leave a very brief msg and then refer him to check PMB.
then click submit.
it wud then bring u back to see the project,click yes and then beside the project owners nam u wud see post a message ie PMB.click on it.
it wud take u to another page. . .this is the most important part now.
Never ever post your personal information eg YIM,MSN,Skype or NO there.
you wud then try and convince the job owner why you thinku are the best candidate for the job.You can show u samples of your previous jobs .Also this is the right place to state your price for the whole project.
Remember,u need reviews ie notes of commendation from ppl that u have worked with and as a newbie,most ppl wud be skeptical to give u projects so u have to have patience and keep writting the project owner.
Once u are able to convince anyone to give u a project,plsssss make sure u complete the project as and when u promised,
When a job owner choses you to handle his project,GAF now writes u to inform u that your bid have won and u have been chosen for the project, . .you wud then accept or reject the project.
If you accept,GAF wud write u again to inform u that the project have commenced AND give u the email address of the project owner.
contact the project owner via mail,he wud then give u the job description.
Payment
GAF pays BUT u have to be carefuland wise.
Dont accept paypal mode of payment first,atleast til lu understand the system very well.
USE escrow ie half of your money wud be paid in by project owner to GAF immediately u accept the project,so when u complete the project,he releases the other half.reason . . .if any dispute arises ,u can always get back to GAF and they wud sort it out and pay u your money.
Be wise b4 dealing with any job owner esp those without reviews as there are chances they might not pay u your money. u wud notice trial job owner beside the names of such project owners.
are u a gold member?if yes u can bid as much jobs as u like but if no,your are limited to just 15 bids per month so use it wisely.
Projects with more than 5 bids,ignore them,dont waste your bids.lol
if there is stillany more questions,i wud be glad to help.

I am also a rookie at GAF but it seems its very difficult to win projects there cus some peeps just post lowest price and they already have reviews

Are there other methods u cld use to get a job and other free lancing websites available would also help.

Thanks
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by Nezan(m): 8:17am On Sep 22, 2009
I dont like doing business on-line.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by feasy1(m): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2009
Nezan , and your reason is??
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by aquita(m): 11:01am On Sep 22, 2009
ifyalways:

let me try again,this time it wud be shorter. angry
Membership
Are u a free or gold member?
As a free member,GAF takes 10 percent of whatever u earn per job while as a gold member,they dont.
As a free member,u are limited to just 15 bids per month while as a gold member,u have unlimited no of bids.
Most project/job owners prefer gold members.
If and once u get your first project try and become a gold member,its costs less than 10 dols.
@ifyalways, am highly interested in this freelancing stuff because I need the income to augment my salary. However, I am a novice in this Getafreelancer.com. I have joinded as a free member. Kindly throw light on the following : 1. How do I bid for jobs 2. How do I know if my bid has been accepted 3. How do I send the finished jobs across 4. Lastly, considering the fact that there is no Paypal in Nigeria, how will they pay someone based in Naija for jobs done?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by U1(m): 11:36am On Sep 22, 2009
I am on GAF too and I have just posted a lengthy post, on my experience there, which appears to have been deleted, if the post is not up ask the mods for it. I don't feel like writing it all over again. Thank you.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by gemsand(m): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2009
I tried getting a job on Guru.com Do you think that GAF is better than Guru.com?

http://judes-finance..com/2009/09/focal-point.html
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by ifyalways(f): 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2009
aquita:

@ifyalways, am highly interested in this freelancing stuff because I need the income to augment my salary. However, I am a novice in this Getafreelancer.com. I have joinded as a free member. Kindly throw light on the following : 1. How do I bid for jobs 2. How do I know if my bid has been accepted 3. How do I send the finished jobs across 4. Lastly, considering the fact that there is no Paypal in Nigeria, how will they pay someone based in Naija for jobs done?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
How to bid for jobs;
On the homepage,u wud notice the tab browse projects click on it,scroll down to the [b]50 latest projects[/b]check them out and click on anyone u think u can do.
How do u know ur bid has been accepted ;
GAF would write you and prompt you to accept or reject the project.If you accept,GAF wud then send you the email address of the project owner.It is then ur duty to write him via his email address and start work.
How to send finished jobs accross;
Project owner wud tell u that.Either via mail,file format or even Yim.etc .It depends on the job type.
How to recieve Payment;
As a newbie,use ONLY escrow method first.ie you are paid in to ur GAF acct.then u have the following options;
Get a GAF debit card.Its like a mastercard and is accepeted almost everywhere online where mastercard is accepted.You need to have not LESS than 30 dols to order for the debit card.
Moneybrookers;you can transfer ur earnings to ur moneybrookers acct.i dont know how and if this works in 9ja  undecided
Wire transfer;GAF wires ur money into ur bank account via bank money transfer.U wud need to give them ur banks swiftcode.
 . .and ofcos paypal.If u have a trusted friend or pal outside 9ja,u can have ur money transfered to his paypal acct. smiley
 You DONT get rich freelancing oooh,it only helps to pay some bills.Good as a part-time work,for job seekers and students.lol
lucillia90:

I am also a rookie at GAF but it seems its very difficult to win projects there cus some peeps just post lowest price and they already have reviews

Are there other methods u cld use to get a job and other free lancing websites available would also help.

Thanks
Yes its difficult to get a job as a newbie.Remember,its an open mkt,patience pays.
Other methods of getting jobs is to write other job seekers or pray and hope other job seekers contact you.Sometimes other job seekers,when they have lots of projects can contact u privately to help them handle a project they won.
gemsand:

I tried getting a job on Guru.com Do you think that GAF is better than Guru.com?

http://judes-finance..com/2009/09/focal-point.html
which ones be Guru kwa? cheesy
Ofocs GAF is the best.Getacoder.com and Scriptlance too are cool.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by Kwajay(m): 12:30am On Sep 23, 2009
@ify, u r really a sincere person & ready 2 hlp pple. May God asist u in wateva u do. I jst picked interest in dis gaf stuff & am goin 2 give it a try. Tanx
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by Victichyoj(m): 4:01am On Sep 23, 2009
Your dream job is awaiting you? It only depends on how serious you are.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by aquita(m): 7:24am On Sep 23, 2009
@ify, thanks a million. I will give GAF a trial because I really need the extra cash. Once again, thank you.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 23, 2009
I use GAF.  Here is my profile https://www.getafreelancer.com/users/426142.html

@Ify, you have said it all. I would like to add that for you to succeed in GAF, you have to:
1. Be quick to PM reply.

2. Be extemely honest.

3. Bid on what you can do.

As for receiving money, when you got paid you can order for payone GAF card. The card enables you to withdraw your money in any MasterCard ATM.
Re: Bidding For Jobs On Getafreelancer.com by lanrei(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2009
men im sick and tired of wasting both my time and money on online biz. But the tuth is that it seems i've got no much of any alternative. I think i need a beneficiary to put me through.

(1) (Reply)

My Advice For You As An Accountant! / Cisa June 2008 Study Group. / Please How Much Does It Cost To Enrol For CCNA TRAINING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.