Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

"Too Broke To Vote" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Too Broke To Vote" (361 Views)

OLU (diary Of A Broke Playboy) -episode 4 / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Diary Of A Broke Playboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Too Broke To Vote" by DonkorEbenezer: 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
I'm too broke to vote, take the last boat, leave them a note,"i am too broke to vote".
More ink on their portrait; their belly bloat, they goat.
We donkey carry loads, they drum terror, yet they eat the last loaf; the tooth mole.
We are hungry yet we save our last pot or bowl,we walk alone, on our backs the last straw, bleeding toe.
We left them a note, hope they read and now they know we deserted, we laid our arrows and bows.
They are lying, they are laying, they lied, we sold our thumb our only pride, yet she never came; the promised bride.
We cared few, all we needed was to see the lights, i mean education, electricity, good roads and pipes, we want no pie just a bite, we sowed waiting on the raining sky, all waters dry.
To them you are just a butterfly, why think yourself a bird; fly your own fly at least you tried.
So parks your bags and take the last dive, you may float, live them a note "i am too broke to vote".
Sell swords hold no flag, protect your integrity, your self pride, take no coins or notes.
Politics is not worth it so please don't die, don't fight, don't vote on party lines.
Nick Cannon first said it and now i reply "I am too broke to vote".
#Donkor Cross-check Ebenezer

(1) (Reply)

Getting More Interesting(episode3): Jumai!..conflit Between True Love&true Life. / Question Of The Day For Africans... / Nigerians, Excusitis And Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.