Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days (28184 Views)

Ghana Owes $160m For Gas Supply From Nigeria / How To Raise Emergency N50,000 Within 30days As A Student Or Job Seeker / Dangote - My Refinery Is 8 Times The Size Of Victoria Island (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by saintdennis(m): 7:08am On Aug 04, 2016
Mynd44:

When I see recession figures and government policies, I smile inside.

Okomu oil posted a 41% rise in pretax profits as more local firms patronise them due to forex restrictions on certain goods. News like these are low key

Alhaji Putin is churnning numbers, grinding figures and creating opportunities.

More businesses are looking inside and these is great. It will keep like this and we will advance.

But it is how I love it, Low Key

You know what's up... import dependent businesses (which sadly make up the bulk of naija companies and sme's) are the ones feeling the pinch.

But the smart ones are going local...looking for available substitutes, if we keep this going definitely we will become less dependent on imports and even become a major exporter of non-oil products again.

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Rapture4real(m): 7:08am On Aug 04, 2016
CliffordOrji:
Dangote Oil Refinery, Petrochemical & Fertilizer Plant

Dangote Sugar Refinery

Dangote Flour Mills

Dangote Pasta Plant

Dangote Cement Factory

Dangote Coal Mines

Dangote Cement Factory

No only him waka come. I love his expansion but not too comfortable with the monopoly because people like that can take d nation at ransom
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by blazetitov: 7:08am On Aug 04, 2016
satelliteDISH:

One day we will all wake up to realize that dangote controls everything in Nigeria. Nigeria selling its scares resources to just one man. We are doomed.

Doomed bawo?

When are you starting your own Petrochemical plant so that you can send atleast 100 fresh graduates to India for training? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by nathandrake(m): 7:08am On Aug 04, 2016
soberdrunk:
In a country where the government is "fully" awake to its responsibilities, it will be almost impossible for 'just' one man to have so much monopoly' over all the juicy' sectors of the economy, even a blind man in Nigeria knows Dangote is not a 'fair playing' entrepreneur, he just enjoys political nepotism' and takes advantage of the governments economical carelessness..............

please nobody is holding your papa not to start his own refinery or coal plant.

you reek of ignorance

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by stpat1(m): 7:09am On Aug 04, 2016
sapiosexual1:
And I hope Buhari and Feyemi would not claim they have diversified the economy.
We know it's Dangote who is single handedly diversifying the economy.

Of course they diversified the economy by giving licenses for mining of solid minerals which was not the case before now.

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by acrobatic: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2016
Good to Dangote Group.

Our politicians prefer to loot our billions, transfer them to foreign accounts to cool off, and buy properties abroad. If they loot and reinvest those monies in our country and create jobs, maybe everyone will be too busy with a booming economy to worry about the loots.

To all those complaining about Dangote's monopoly, we have the natural resources in Nigeria, you dont want to tap into it, you do not want anybody to tap too.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by john650(m): 7:10am On Aug 04, 2016
soberdrunk:
In a country where the government is "fully" awake to its responsibilities, it will be almost impossible for 'just' one man to have so much monopoly' over all the juicy' sectors of the economy, even a blind man in Nigeria knows Dangote is not a 'fair playing' entrepreneur, he just enjoys political nepotism' and takes advantage of the governments economical carelessness..............
Dangote reminds me of John D Rockefeller in America in the early 1900s when his Standard oil had complete monopoly of the oil industry. This was before the country passed a competition law.

Nigeria needs a competition law badly to keep these big companies from taking advantage of consumers.

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 04, 2016
There's nothing wrong with what dangote is doing, he's only trying to help in diversifying the economy, and creating employment as well, ifanyi uba is doing same in anambra, and many other billionaires round Nigeria, when I become a billionaire, I will definitely do more. Is better we invest home, rather than investing abroad like our useless politicians.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by muller101(m): 7:15am On Aug 04, 2016
I see steam engines and turbines coming back. With cheap coal you can generate power for some communities. And farm settlements.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by saintdennis(m): 7:16am On Aug 04, 2016
soberdrunk:

Hater spotted... WHERE WERE THE OTHERS WHEN HE WAS BUYING BCC N OBAJANA FACTORIES?

Innosson currently dominating the auto-mobile industry yet many of his kinsmen haven't deemed it fit to pass laws compelling their govts to PURCHASE INNOSSON MOTORS EXCLUSIVELY.
It will automatically increase the scope of his business and increase employment before you know it he penetrates the western and northern markets and continues to lead from the front... but no they're dulling.

Tomorrow if dangote goes into automotives and dominates people will say it's cos he was helped by govt.

Don't know about now but back then igbo men will go to china sign agreements and become SOLE IMPORTERS of particular company products thus becoming sole distributors in naija...it made men millionaires and billionaires it's called BUSINESS SENSE(strategic thinking)

I keep wondering why Enugu is called coal city and yet I don't know of any coal fuelled power station... are ya'll waiting for dangote?

We need more dangotes in naija...not just these oil money billionaires everywhere

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by egbaguy2: 7:19am On Aug 04, 2016
Mynd44:
Uncle Alhaji Putin.
Tuale, I hail oooo
still don't get why he is called alhaji putin
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jazzlite: 7:19am On Aug 04, 2016
aresa:
Wa se re Baba Dangote.

God Bless You

That's not good. Dangote needs to be curbed
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jazzlite: 7:20am On Aug 04, 2016
MrTruth4real:
There's nothing wrong with what dangote is doing, he's only trying to help in diversifying the economy, and creating employment as well, ifanyi uba is doing same in anambra, and many other billionaires round Nigeria, when I become a billionaire, I will definitely do more. Is better we invest home, rather than investing abroad like our useless politicians.

Everything is wrong!
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by bigerboy200: 7:22am On Aug 04, 2016
satelliteDISH:

One day we will all wake up to realize that dangote controls everything in Nigeria. Nigeria selling its scares resources to just one man. We are doomed.
Isn't it better for d resources to be sold and for Nigerians to get value than for Govt to keep mismanaging them?We all know the bad stories that come out from the few that are yet to be sold,e.g NNPC..Our Govt has failed us, privatisation is the way to go.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by saintdennis(m): 7:22am On Aug 04, 2016
sapiosexual1:
And I hope Buhari and Feyemi would not claim they have diversified the economy.
We know it's Dangote who is single handedly diversifying the economy.

Smh...

How does GOVERNMENT DIVERSIFY ECONOMY? Is it not by creating environment conducive enough for investments?

Enacting policies that give businesses foraging into a new field enough oxygen to go through their teething phases?

Granting subsidies to companies so as ensure ROI for the company whilst protecting the populace from high prices whilst the company stabilises?
Etc

You expect to see something like..NIGERIA COAL MINING CO.? Lols. These humans in naija sha.

Ignorance is bliss true true

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jazzlite: 7:25am On Aug 04, 2016
[quote author=Kbraims post=48169570]baba cim nd recruit o...graduate ar down.quote]
U see...no initiative only to serve....zero creativity
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by stjsd(m): 7:26am On Aug 04, 2016

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jazzlite: 7:26am On Aug 04, 2016
saintdennis:

Smh...

How does GOVERNMENT DIVERSIFY ECONOMY? Is it not by creating environment conducive enough for investments?

Enacting policies that give businesses foraging into a new field enough oxygen to go through their teething phases?

Granting subsidies to companies so as ensure ROI for the company whilst protecting the populace from high prices whilst the company stabilises?
Etc

You expect to see something like..NIGERIA COAL MINING CO.? Lols. These humans in naija sha.

Ignorance is bliss true true

The government is sadly giving one man and his mysterious partners too much leeway it portends serious dangers to our economy in the long term
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Mynd44: 7:27am On Aug 04, 2016
egbaguy2:
still don't get why he is called alhaji putin

Putin is seen as a Boss, fearless and "in your face". Dangote seems to be that way in the Nigerian/African business scene. Hence the "Putin"

As for the "Alhaji" is that not what he is?

Alhaji Putin

CC Modath

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jazzlite: 7:28am On Aug 04, 2016
bigerboy200:

Isn't it better for d resources to be sold and for Nigerians to get value than for Govt to keep mismanaging them?We all know the bad stories that come out from the few that are yet to be sold,e.g NNPC..Our Govt has failed us, privatisation is the way to go.
One man should not buy up Nigeria.... A BOOT agreement will have been better
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by project4OO: 7:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Aliko Dangote is a great man
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jazzlite: 7:33am On Aug 04, 2016
Mynd44:

Putin is seen as a Boss, fearless and "in your face". Dangote seems to be that way in the Nigerian/African business scene. Hence the "Putin"

As for the "Alhaji" is that not what he is?

Alhaji Putin

CC Modath
Dangote is nowhere near Putin.... He has a team of biz analysts just like Oba Otudeko.... But unlike Oba he's got an expansionist agenda fuelled by MNCs and some shady funds..... It portends grave danger to our economy.... Dangote is in South Africa but not given such ridiculous leeways... He's hurting so many other private enterprises ibeto and co.... Otedola fought him to a standstill to protect his turf..... But Dangote has some investors that needs to be investigated

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 04, 2016
Dangote did not make the last list of the top 100 richest people in the world because of his recent heavy investments in his quest to collaborate with the government to grow Nigeria 's economy. But watch out, very soon,he will join the top 20 richest in the world by the time all his investments yield a record breaking profit..
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Mynd44: 7:36am On Aug 04, 2016
Jazzlite:

Dangote is nowhere near Putin.... He has a team of biz analysts just like Oba Otudeko.... But unlike Oba he's got an expansionist agenda fuelled by MNCs and some shady funds..... It portends grave danger to our economy.... Dangote is in South Africa but not given such ridiculous leeways... He's hurting so many other private enterprises ibeto and co.... Otedola fought him to a standstill to protect his turf..... But Dangote has some investors that needs to be investigated

And all these makes him what? A ferocious businessman that can be dangerous if crossed.

Alhaji Putin

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by saintdennis(m): 7:37am On Aug 04, 2016
Jazzlite:

The government is sadly giving one man and his mysterious partners too much leeway it portends serious dangers to our economy in the long term

Sorry bro...please elaborate

When you in the big leagues you play to win...

You can't go nationwide without govt support...ask yourself how come others are not enjoying the support?

I mentioned the example of innosson, a yoruba friend of mine last week told me he saw an innosson car in lag, he commended the design...he was amazed.

Nigerians are determined to patronise MADE IN NIGERIA. Look @ our movies, music, fashion, cement etc. It's booming only a matter of time before our vehicles too become the in-thing...after all forex scarce.

It behoves on mr innosson to go and rub minds with politicians to ensure his businesses get public backing...charity begins at home I guarantee you if okorocha, obiano, nqwanyi, umahi, ikpeazu drive an innosson car give it 6months 1-in-5 cars will be innosson (in southern nigeria)

He needs to learn to liase with govt. Even Ben Bruce a bayelsan is pushing the product pass easterners dem in govt

If innosson fails don't be surprised another igbo man, or even any other tribe with govt connects will spring up a factory and b4 you know it he takes over the lion share of the market.

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Dumas32(m): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2016
CliffordOrji:
Dangote Oil Refinery, Petrochemical & Fertilizer Plant

Dangote Sugar Refinery

Dangote Flour Mills

Dangote Pasta Plant

Dangote Cement Factory

Dangote Coal Mines

Dangote Cement Factory

He is heading towards becoming the richest man in the world.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by tinzymoha: 7:46am On Aug 04, 2016
What some ppl are saying is true so stop insulting dem.. Nigeria will suffer from diz one day. The govt should have sold all these resources to him, dy should have handled it how dy handle oil and gas.. You bid for it and Dy give you for some years when d lease expires u bid again with millions of dollars ooo..
Now govt is selling off its resources to one man and getting paid only once that's all.. Does that sound smart At worse dy should have done partnership 50'50 or 60'40... Dangote is smart and I will forever love him. Am not blaming him because I will do d same thing if I were in his shoes am blaming fed govt and state govts for being stupid and
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by tonychristopher: 7:47am On Aug 04, 2016
saintdennis:

Sorry bro...please elaborate

When you in the big leagues you play to win...

You can't go nationwide without govt support...ask yourself how come others are not enjoying the support?

I mentioned the example of innosson, a yoruba friend of mine last week told me he saw an innosson car in lag, he commended the design...he was amazed.

Nigerians are determined to patronise MADE IN NIGERIA. Look @ our movies, music, fashion, cement etc. It's booming only a matter of time before our vehicles too become the in-thing...after all forex scarce.

It behoves on mr innosson to go and rub minds with politicians to ensure his businesses get public backing...charity begins at home I guarantee you if okorocha, obiano, nqwanyi, umahi, ikpeazu drive an innosson car give it 6months 1-in-5 cars will be innosson (in southern nigeria)

He needs to learn to liase with govt. Even Ben Bruce a bayelsan is pushing the product pass easterners dem in govt

If innosson fails don't be surprised another igbo man, or even any other tribe with govt connects will spring up a factory and b4 you know it he takes over the lion share of the market.
He will not fail and mind you most business are not hinged to government

Allow forces of demand and supply to determine
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jazzlite: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2016
Mynd44:

And all these makes him what? A ferocious businessman that can be dangerous if crossed.

Alhaji Putin
Putin is a one man riot.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jazzlite: 7:51am On Aug 04, 2016
tonychristopher:

He will not fail and mind you most business are not hinged to government

Allow forces of demand and supply to determine
Dangote is hinged upon government and devilish waivers that can pay up our national debt
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Codes151(m): 7:52am On Aug 04, 2016
My coal mines... na u get am? Chai naija! See profits way country for take now na dangote pocket e go enter. Nigeria keep pretending they don know what to do and don't have capital... dangote keep seizing every opportunity to make more wealth!

Problem is, if his stocks fail or go down, naira falls. If e rise, naira rise.

Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account / EFCC To Demand Bankers’ Asset Declaration Forms June 1

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56