Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days (28193 Views)

Ghana Owes $160m For Gas Supply From Nigeria / How To Raise Emergency N50,000 Within 30days As A Student Or Job Seeker / Dangote - My Refinery Is 8 Times The Size Of Victoria Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by tonychristopher: 7:58am On Aug 04, 2016
Jazzlite:

Dangote is hinged upon government and devilish waivers that can pay up our national debt

That's why I don't respect him
He was spoon-fed
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Elo4: 8:00am On Aug 04, 2016
CliffordOrji:
Dangote Oil Refinery, Petrochemical & Fertilizer Plant

Dangote Sugar Refinery

Dangote Flour Mills

Dangote Pasta Plant

Dangote Cement Factory

Dangote Coal Mines

Dangote Cement Factory
I hope one day we realised our mistake just as America did with Rockefeller (standard oil) which is father all major oil company's such as total,exon Mobil,chevron, shell etc. creating monopoly is never a good idea.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jethrolite(m): 8:01am On Aug 04, 2016
satelliteDISH:

One day we will all wake up to realize that dangote controls everything in Nigeria. Nigeria selling its scares resources to just one man. We are doomed.
Did you try buying and your bid was rejected?

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by tbliss22(m): 8:04am On Aug 04, 2016
GspotAngela:
Where are all the so called business men from Eastern Nigeria. Why cant they invest in the Enugu Coal mine?

Don't mind her, she's talking nonsense. This man is just busy beaming his torchlight around the 36 states for opportunities and when he sees one, he invests in it immediately.

Those saying he want's to buy Nigeria should just go and sit down, he and so many other nigerians are doing business and that's all.

One crazy thing about us is that we envy every successful business man who took a bold step to take some calculated risk on a particular line of business.

Nigeria is really big enough to accommodate any investor, as long as your investment is in nigeria and you employ nigerians to work for you, to me there is no crime in such decision.

There are still so many other viable sectors that are money spinning but dangote is yet to go into it; entertainment industry, agriculture (goldmine), tourism, aviation and so many more. Let's just be happy that he is a nigerian and he is investing in his own country.

Finally, we all should open our eyes and see opportunities to take advantage of it but if finance is the issue, take it to a big boss for support (don't have it in mind that he might buy the idea and kick you off).

One love!!!

4 Likes

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by enigma2007(m): 8:05am On Aug 04, 2016
Jazzlite:

The government is sadly giving one man and his mysterious partners too much leeway it portends serious dangers to our economy in the long term

What is the alternative?
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by saintdennis(m): 8:24am On Aug 04, 2016
tonychristopher:

He will not fail and mind you most business are not hinged to government

Allow forces of demand and supply to determine
Of course I don't want him to fail...you misunderstood my point!

And FYI. ALL BUSINESSES ARE HINGED ON GOVT.

A GOOD GOVT IS GOOD FOR BIZ & A BAD GOVT IS BAD FOR BIZ

Going further what exactly do u know about the forces of DEMAND & SUPPLY besides what u learnt in secondary school economics?

In business you go beyond that and that is what dangote is doing...you cannot (and I repeat cannot) grow to a certain level without govt support, now this is why in America there's a job called lobbying/lobbyist these guys are paid well to approach congress and executive branches of govt to help pass favourable legislation or rubber stamp policies which will favour their principals.

Godwin emiefele is an igbo man right? Elumelu, access bank md etc are igbo men they can easily help innosson gain access to forex @ official exchange rates if he needs it, same with the ordinary 250 tribes peeps of naija who get the connect.

see in that america you're looking at, the names of people who control the economy are not even on official company documents.

Except for st.louis sugar I no know another sugar co. Until dangote came in and we stopped importing.

We haven't started investing in cocoa fields so as to have a competitive nigerian chocolate co.

There are many untapped areas don't envy aliko cos he got the vision and the connect #simple.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by geraob1: 8:35am On Aug 04, 2016
muller101:
I see steam engines and turbines coming back. With cheap coal you can generate power for some communities. And farm settlements.

Their are modern technologies available for the cleaner processing of coal.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by soberdrunk(m): 8:50am On Aug 04, 2016
saintdennis:

Hater spotted... WHERE WERE THE OTHERS WHEN HE WAS BUYING BCC N OBAJANA FACTORIES?

Innosson currently dominating the auto-mobile industry yet many of his kinsmen haven't deemed it fit to pass laws compelling their govts to PURCHASE INNOSSON MOTORS EXCLUSIVELY.
It will automatically increase the scope of his business and increase employment before you know it he penetrates the western and northern markets and continues to lead from the front... but no they're dulling.

Tomorrow if dangote goes into automotives and dominates people will say it's cos he was helped by govt.

Don't know about now but back then igbo men will go to china sign agreements and become SOLE IMPORTERS of particular company products thus becoming sole distributors in naija...it made men millionaires and billionaires it's called BUSINESS SENSE(strategic thinking)

I keep wondering why Enugu is called coal city and yet I don't know of any coal fuelled power station... are ya'll waiting for dangote?

We need more dangotes in naija...not just these oil money billionaires everywhere

OSHEY!! DANGOTES PRO, THANKS FOR THE INFO cheesy grin angry grin
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by soberdrunk(m): 8:55am On Aug 04, 2016
nathandrake:

please nobody is holding your papa not to start his own refinery or coal plant.

you reek of ignorance

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! HUNGRY PEOPLE ARE NOT HARD TO SPOT, THEY HATE WHEN YOU CRITIQUE THEIR RICH IMAGINARY' IDOL THAT THEY HOPE TO BE LIKE. grin grin grin. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DEFENDER OF DANGOTE, HOPEFULLY DANGOTE NOODLES, RICE OR JUICE WILL REACH YOU IN THE IDP CAMP..... grin grin
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Yoyostic: 8:57am On Aug 04, 2016
A wise business man he is.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by nwabuwa: 8:57am On Aug 04, 2016
CliffordOrji:

Dangote Sugar Refinery

Dangote Flour Mills

Dangote Pasta Plant

Dangote Cement Factory

Dangote Coal Mines

Dangote Cement Factory
Dangote human being
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by blaqoracle: 9:00am On Aug 04, 2016
V
rheether:
Enugu have been forgotten. .Eastern Nigeria is doomed.
they are suffering from the sins of their forefathers.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by mormoney85(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2016
CliffordOrji:

Dangote Sugar Refinery

Dangote Flour Mills

Dangote Pasta Plant

Dangote Cement Factory

Dangote Coal Mines

Dangote Cement Factory
that goes long way to tell u that our government is more useless than u cn imagine

if our government is d one running all this business today this items will b cheaper n we will not b in this mess we r in today GOD bless dangote fir not allowing one white man running all this business in our country today
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Progressive01(m): 9:14am On Aug 04, 2016
modath:

You are the doomed one, is he stopping anyone ready to go into his line(s) of business?

The coal in Enugu, is he tying the hands of Enugu hiz developers from harnessing its potentials..
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Prinxxdave: 9:28am On Aug 04, 2016
CliffordOrji:

Dangote Sugar Refinery

Dangote Flour Mills

Dangote Pasta Plant

Dangote Cement Factory

Dangote Coal Mines

Dangote Cement Factory
Dangote Condom nko
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jazzlite: 9:29am On Aug 04, 2016
enigma2007:

What is the alternative?
Giving the army of unemployed youths the needed education and training to tap into the resources of the nation and create jobs and wealth.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by confluence: 9:32am On Aug 04, 2016
the reason why Dangote quickly bought into the coal mine, is due to the fact that the gas coming from the Niger Delta area to his cement plant in obajana have reduced drastically, so quickly turn to coal to fire his power plant.
Very clever man, you will see hundreds of his trailers coming Ajaokuta road head to Obajana factory with coal in their buckets

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by enigma2007(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2016
Jazzlite:

Giving the army of unemployed youths the needed education and training to tap into the resources of the nation and create jobs and wealth.

Are you aware of the millions/billions of dollars required in getting some of these resources out of the ground?

Even with education and training, the resources are not going to jump out of the ground by itself. The problem is that most of the today's youth are waiting for the govt to do for them while some other youths are taking their destinies into their forging new paths.

My take or opinion is that the govt should keep on creating conducive policies and environment that would open up more of the country for investors that are willing to take the risks and invest their money.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by nathandrake(m): 9:38am On Aug 04, 2016
soberdrunk:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! HUNGRY PEOPLE ARE NOT HARD TO SPOT, THEY HATE WHEN YOU CRITIQUE THEIR RICH IMAGINARY' IDOL THAT THEY HOPE TO BE LIKE. grin grin grin. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DEFENDER OF DANGOTE, HOPEFULLY DANGOTE NOODLES, RICE OR JUICE WILL REACH YOU IN THE IDP CAMP..... grin grin

I dont need to defend him, was only exposing your ignorance

now let me tell you for every dangote pasta you eat you will purge for 10days
for every dangote sugar you use you will not be able to perfom as a man for a year
for every litre Dangote petrol you use, you will visit the mechanic twice
for every dangote noodles you eat, you will shit for 10 days no stop

foolish fool

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by soberdrunk(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2016
nathandrake:

I dont need to defend him, was only exposing your ignorance

now let me tell you for every dangote pasta you eat you will purge for 10days
for every dangote sugar you use you will not be able to perfom as a man for a year
for every litre Dangote petrol you use, you will visit the mechanic twice
for every dangote noodles you eat, you will shit for 10 days no stop

foolish fool

NAH WHO NOR GET CLEAN TOILET DEY FEAR "PURGING", NA WHO NOR GET DRIVER DEY FEAR MECHANIC, NAH POOR MAN DEY DIE ONTOP "GBENSHING" grin grin
ITS OBVIOUS YOU ARE A "LEGEND" DRINKER, HAVE YOU TRIED "GULDER"?? grin grin grin
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by obailala(m): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2016
soberdrunk:
In a country where the government is "fully" awake to its responsibilities, it will be almost impossible for 'just' one man to have so much monopoly' over all the juicy' sectors of the economy, even a blind man in Nigeria knows Dangote is not a 'fair playing' entrepreneur, he just enjoys political nepotism' and takes advantage of the governments economical carelessness..............
No entrepreneur is a fair player, at least no big businessman is a fair player. It just happens to be that Dangote outsmarts his contemporaries and is always 2 steps ahead of the game. Very soon people would soon start brewing serious bad-belle for him and sabotaging his businesses, its only a matter of time.

By the way, your claim that Dangote enjoys political support through nepotism, nothing could be further from the truth. Can you explain why Dangote somehow has a way of enjoying this political support from every single government?... Or could it be that Dangote is related to every single Nigerian leader from north-east-west-south?... Dangote's biggest competitors are also from different tribes and zones, how come they dont enjoy the same amount of nepotic support and favours as Dangote does?... The answer to this riddle is simple, Dangote is a smart man, BE LIKE DANGOTE!

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by obailala(m): 9:51am On Aug 04, 2016
saintdennis:

Hater spotted... WHERE WERE THE OTHERS WHEN HE WAS BUYING BCC N OBAJANA FACTORIES?

Innosson currently dominating the auto-mobile industry yet many of his kinsmen haven't deemed it fit to pass laws compelling their govts to PURCHASE INNOSSON MOTORS EXCLUSIVELY.
It will automatically increase the scope of his business and increase employment before you know it he penetrates the western and northern markets and continues to lead from the front... but no they're dulling.

Tomorrow if dangote goes into automotives and dominates people will say it's cos he was helped by govt.

Don't know about now but back then igbo men will go to china sign agreements and become SOLE IMPORTERS of particular company products thus becoming sole distributors in naija...it made men millionaires and billionaires it's called BUSINESS SENSE(strategic thinking)

I keep wondering why Enugu is called coal city and yet I don't know of any coal fuelled power station... are ya'll waiting for dangote?

We need more dangotes in naija...not just these oil money billionaires everywhere
Absolutely, we need many more Dagote's in Nigeria for this country to move forward cos the government doesn't exist. If you check the trend of major billionaires in Nigeria, they all have dealings with oil. But the 'Dangotes' surely knows that there are also billions to be made from other industries.

Regarding this coal of a thing, I see no reason why Enugu state government hasn't thought about reviving any coal mine. State governments just sit idly waiting for an imaginary FG to come spoon feed them.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Babacele: 10:02am On Aug 04, 2016
modath:

You are the doomed one, is he stopping anyone ready to go into his line(s) of business?

The coal in Enugu, is he tying the hands of Enugu hiz developers from harnessing its potentials..
Mo just leave these ignorant Igbos. I tell you what, 1. few years ago I helped a friend prepare logistics for a deal to supply anthracite coal overseas but lack of a functioning rail n special carriage cargo ship frustrated the project. A dangote can solve that because he can attract a huge facility , capital wise: just imagine supplying 5000MT of coal in 1months. Coal is damn heavy n a 911 can only carry 30 tonnes , you need about 160 trips of that truck from the mine to the seaport . By the time you calculate yr profit margin vis a vis shipping n freight costs; logistics, wages ,tax n government charges then you d understand .
2. Enugu is sitting on coal , any interested business man can own any coal mine and any mine in Nigeria . so why can't any ipob role model own $300m coal mine in Enugu, IMO, Edo, Nasarawa, Benue or Cross River? atlst you can supply local companies in Lagos that generate own power using coal.
3. y can't state governments partner with investors and communities to evolve youth cooperative driven mining projects which offer a better alternative to oil ? abi when FG issued hundreds of mining licences , na only Dangote dem give?
4. I know many Igbos doing mining business all over the country and most especially in the North.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by obua: 10:05am On Aug 04, 2016
jaymejate:
Dangote is a cover name... Its been run by some corrupt leaders. It's only his product that is mostly acceptable. Some people are behind the name DANGOTE
Open your eyes!
what a crap you are saying. Someone who started business in 1970s
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by obailala(m): 10:10am On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by obailala(m): 10:10am On Aug 04, 2016
decency123:
Buh what exactly do we wana do with coal? Later we will be comparing ourselves with China that even their trains and some large buses run with electricity
Lol... Did you just ask what we need coal for?... Did you just also say Chinese trains run on electricity?.... If I may ask, where does that electricity come from?.. Does it fall from the sky?

FYI, coal still supplies almost 40% of the world's electricity; China which you drew your comparison with produces 907,000mw (i.e 73%) of its electricity from coal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_in_China#Electricity_generation
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Jazzlite: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2016
enigma2007:

Are you aware of the millions/billions of dollars required in getting some of these resources out of the ground?

Even with education and training, the resources are not going to jump out of the ground by itself. The problem is that most of the today's youth are waiting for the govt to do for them while some other youths are taking their destinies into their forging new paths.

My take or opinion is that the govt should keep on creating conducive policies and environment that would open up more of the country for investors that are willing to take the risks and invest their money.
No government is doing nada
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by obailala(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2016
sapiosexual1:
And I hope Buhari and Feyemi would not claim they have diversified the economy.
We know it's Dangote who is single handedly diversifying the economy.
But are you aware they recently liberalised the mining sector by giving the go-ahead to state governments and individual businessmen to freely go into mining?... That policy is the reason Dangote is able to take up this coal mine as an individual today. In a matter of months, you will hear of several other individuals starting up mining businesses.
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by nkpommpko(m): 10:19am On Aug 04, 2016
Nah wao nah only him waka come Nigeria?
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by thedio(m): 10:52am On Aug 04, 2016
decency123:
Buh what exactly do we wana do with coal? Later we will be comparing ourselves with China that even their trains and some large buses run with electricity

to fire power plant and generate electricity
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by Fourwinds: 11:08am On Aug 04, 2016
rheether:
Enugu have been forgotten. .Eastern Nigeria is doomed.
ur people in politics don't even know how to attract investment to ur region except Anambra dat is trying...

na how to dey fvcck small small girls dey sabi..
Re: Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days by mart2k(m): 11:10am On Aug 04, 2016
jaymejate:
Dangote is a cover name... Its been run by some corrupt leaders. It's only his product that is mostly acceptable. Some people are behind the name DANGOTE
Open your eyes!
Anyhow u say it, we are more concern about job creation and massive development that accompany such project.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government / EFCC To Demand Bankers’ Asset Declaration Forms June 1 / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.