Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android (16920 Views)

3c Hub Vs. Slot: Which Is Better To Buy Your Phone? / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Blackberry Launches Blackberry DTEK60 - A Beast Of An Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Zico5(m): 7:09am On Aug 04, 2016
jideniceguy:

OS 10 users e.g Q10, Z10, Passport, Classic, Z30 etc will still be able to use whatsapp cos blackberry is plannin to roll out a software update for that OS soon. The current OS 10 version is 10.3.2 and blackberry is workin on releasin 10.3.3 fo just keep a ingers crossed and expect the update. And once that update is out and the user's update to the OS, WhatsApp would continue on the devices
God bless u for this information. Pls how can I check if my bb belong to the category u just mentioned. I don't want to lose this phone.
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by spoilerx: 7:09am On Aug 04, 2016
jideniceguy:

OS 10 users e.g Q10, Z10, Passport, Classic, Z30 etc will still be able to use whatsapp cos blackberry is plannin to roll out a software update for that OS soon. The current OS 10 version is 10.3.2 and blackberry is workin on releasin 10.3.3 fo just keep a ingers crossed and expect the update. And once that update is out and the user's update to the OS, WhatsApp would continue on the devices

has little to do with blackberry, WhatsApp are the ones that will cease to support blackberry.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by isaajibola(m): 7:10am On Aug 04, 2016
see those one above saying RIP blackberry as if they're using any phone better. BlackBerry have switched to Android since.

BlackBerry Priv is one of the best phone outside there.

and that blackberry hub is something that only BlackBerry 10 users will understand. it is a very very good features

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by obinoral1179(m): 7:16am On Aug 04, 2016
jideniceguy:

what about others like curve 4, 7, bold 5, 6 and touch. What will happen to them?
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by justicejay(m): 7:17am On Aug 04, 2016
undecided
ngmgeek:
k
ngmgeek:
kk
veekid:
Lobatan
Turks:
Lord pls provide job for our youth.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 04, 2016
spoilerx:

has little to do with blackberry, WhatsApp are the ones that will cease to support blackberry.

Seems you don't understand this thing, so let me school you a bit. Blackberry doesn't release update to their softwares often as apple and android does. In a year, apple can release about 3 updates for their OS while blackberry does it once in a while. The last update blackberry did was around August or September last year if I'm correct and they haven't released any update this year at all. Now, the applications that are thretenin to stop their supports for BlackBerry and some old OS like symbian, Jave and Old IOS softwares have reasons for it. The reason is that, they release updates for their apps regularly and only the devices running latest OS can meet up with the new updates they are dishin our or planning to dish out. That's why they are thretenin to end support for BlackBerry cos blackberry doesn't release software updates often. I am a blackberry user and I own a blackberry passport. I was feelin bad too that WhatsApp are endin their support for BlackBerry soon and was thinkin how useless my fone will be if some apps end their Support for it despite how expensive the phone costs. But i feel good now hearing the news from blackberry that they haven't forgotten we OS 10 users and are workin on releasin an update for us soon. I can bet it with you that by this time next year, WhatsApp would still be workin perfectly on OS 10 blackberry users. Go write today's date down.

6 Likes

Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 04, 2016
obinoral1179:
what about others like curve 4, 7, bold 5, 6 and touch. What will happen to them?

Bro unfortunately I don't really know anything about those ones. But I'm so sure of OS 10 users.
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 04, 2016
Zico5:

God bless u for this information. Pls how can I check if my bb belong to the category u just mentioned. I don't want to lose this phone.

Depends on your phone model. What's the model?
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Onyenna(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2016
gift01:
Came here to read more on the topic so as to get enlightened only to be more confused

.....same here......
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by oladele239(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2016
I just sold my blackberry leap yesterday ND all I can say is if u can....just get yourself an Android phone
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Onyenna(m): 8:38am On Aug 04, 2016
jideniceguy:

Seems you don't understand this thing, so let me school you a bit. Blackberry doesn't release update to their softwares often as apple and android does. In a year, apple can release about 3 updates for their OS while blackberry does it once in a while. The last update blackberry did was around August or September last year if I'm correct and they haven't released any update this year at all. Now, the applications that are thretenin to stop their supports for BlackBerry and some old OS like symbian, Jave and Old IOS softwares have reasons for it. The reason is that, they release updates for their apps regularly and only the devices running latest OS can meet up with the new updates they are dishin our or planning to dish out. That's why they are thretenin to end support for BlackBerry cos blackberry doesn't release software updates often. I am a blackberry user and I own a blackberry passport. I was feelin bad too that WhatsApp are endin their support for BlackBerry soon and was thinkin how useless my fone will be if some apps end their Support for it despite how expensive the phone costs. But i feel good now hearing the news from blackberry that they haven't forgotten we OS 10 users and are workin on releasin an update for us soon. I can bet it with you that by this time next year, WhatsApp would still be workin perfectly on OS 10 blackberry users. Go write today's date down.

Great explanation bro......
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Elxandre(m): 8:39am On Aug 04, 2016
jideniceguy:

The reason they are discontinuing support isn't because of software version.
It's mostly because of the tiny marketshare BB10 has.

These guys (Facebook) don't have time supporting apps used by a few minority.

BB10 at it's present is advanced enough to support any app from WhatsApp.
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by spoilerx: 8:43am On Aug 04, 2016
jideniceguy:

please read

you can keep believing, nothing wrong with that.
quote from bbc article
"The company said it wanted to focus development "on the mobile platforms the vast majority of people use"."
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35686613
http://m.tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/blackberry-disappointed-as-whatsapp-and-facebook-end-support-for-its-platform-305614.html
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 04, 2016
spoilerx:

please read

you can keep believing, nothing wrong with that.
quote from bbc article
"The company said it wanted to focus development "on the mobile platforms the vast majority of people use"."
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35686613
http://m.tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/blackberry-disappointed-as-whatsapp-and-facebook-end-support-for-its-platform-305614.html

Alright then. Let's wait and see if they will truly end their supports or not.
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 04, 2016
Elxandre:

The reason they are discontinuing support isn't because of software version.
It's mostly because of the tiny marketshare BB10 has.

These guys (Facebook) don't have time supporting apps used by a few minority.

BB10 at it's present is advanced enough to support any app from WhatsApp.

Okay then. I've heard you. Let's just see if they would truly end their support or not.
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Elxandre(m): 8:55am On Aug 04, 2016
jideniceguy:

Okay then. I've heard you. Let's just see if they would truly end their support or not.
It's over bro. smiley
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Qudbell(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2016
they should just change their blackberry name to android cos these people are just diverting all their new updates to the android platform. first, they disintegrated facebook from the hub. Now, they are making android devices look more a BlackBerry device without any improvement to the BlackBerry platform. Android users, contunu saying "cool" while we BlackBerry users are full of regret. they shuld kuku scrap BlackBerry and lets know we are all gonna switch to eida iOS or android.
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by sheunpompey: 9:53am On Aug 04, 2016
As far as i can see, I can't let go of my BB10 because of one yeye android.... We Nigerians should look out for quality of products, aside Sony, htc and maybe Samsung ...

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by kindredspirit(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2016
jideniceguy:

You could simply download the Android version of WhatsApp from PlayStore onto your Passport, couldn't you? That's what I did. I have two WhatsApp Apps on my BB10 right now : the BlackBerry version and the Android version.

Come December 31st, it matters zilch to me if WhatsApp discontinues supporting the BlackBerry version because the Android version would still be working.
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by annacheem: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2016
cool this is nice
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by nacozee: 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
HtwoOw:
People still dey use BB ??
Onwe ihe ima??
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by nacozee: 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
symbianDON:
if they like let them launch blackberry bus stop na dem sabi. fact remains that they are on a downward spiral grin
Why do pple who know zero abt bb kip showing ther yellow teeth
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Kbels(f): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
obinoral1179:
Like seriously?!! Those phones have gone extinct (lol)

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
kindredspirit:

You could simply download the Android version of WhatsApp from PlayStore onto your Passport, couldn't you? That's what I did. I have two WhatsApp Apps on my BB10 right now : the BlackBerry version and the Android version.

Come December 31st, it matters zilch to me if WhatsApp discontinues supporting the BlackBerry version because the Android version would still be working.

Yea I know that and I actually have both Android version and BB 10 Version. using the android version for my other sim that's inside my small fone. And usin d BB10 version for the sim in the passport
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by ngmgeek(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
justicejay:
undecided

Lord pls provide job for our youth.

Lord, please tell justicejay to jump in the lake smiley
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by symbianDON(m): 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2016
nacozee:
Why do pple who know zero abt bb kip showing ther yellow teeth
e pain am die grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by nacozee: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
symbianDON:
e pain am die grin grin grin
E de pain am? na him papa get bb abi? aturu cheesy
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by symbianDON(m): 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
nacozee:
E de pain am? na him papa get bb abi? aturu cheesy
hehehehehehe....help me ask am o.....akuya grin
Re: Blackberry Launches Hub+ For Android by confistified(m): 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
MrTemple:
They should try harder cos I don't want 2 throwaway my blackburry grin

Watsapp tins on my mind.
Boss abeg this is MISUNDERSTOOD. .. quickly go vote Vizkiz

https://www.nairaland.com/3271417/mr-nairaland-2016-grand-finale/69

Just write or copy and paste this

I vote Vizkiz

Cc NLjega

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats The Best Budget Phone So Far. / Poll: Which Smartphone Manufacturer Is The Best So Far / Travelling To A Foreign Country? Break The Language Barrier With These Apps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.