Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' (62919 Views)

Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name / HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. / Adeboye: "Sex Is Not Food, Bring Anyone Who Can't Go A Day Without Sex For ...." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by victorazy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
Greatzeus:
The bible and only the bible is the sole authority on all matters of life and godliness for the christian.It applies to all,all the time, while opinions from wise and reverend men can be of help,it is still subject to scriptures and individual initiative.

Your point plz
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by MakeWeTalk: 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
Femiwilli:

Oh boy you never know say Adeboye no be am.

He pretends to be humble, while flying round the world in a private jet.

The RCCG members have been fooled.

The fact that Adeboye can speak on everything but the killings of Christians should let you know that something is amiss with him.

Many are even saying he is a Freemason

That no be news say "Adeboye na Freemason".

Na the fooled Nigerian no sabi

1 Like

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
Thought his message abt marriage was for the youths.......what concerns us if mama can't pray dat long after all the 29yrs of running up Nd down!¿

2 Likes

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by otemanuduno: 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
Towncrier247:
The former prophet reacted to what RCCG General Overseer, Pastor Adeboye said about marriage. According to Prophet Osekita, his wife pictured above doesn't pray for 2 hours nonstop, he is a pastor who is a bearded man and lost his job immediately after marriage but says they are just a few day from celebrating their 29th anniversary. I guess everyone's story is different!

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/08/nigerian-pastor-shades-pastor-adeboye.html

Muafrika2, MrZenographer, 4evergod, Naijadeyhia, Goddys and Kingebukasblog come and see confusion in the body of christ(crises) cheesy
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by NameChecker: 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2016
addikt:

Guilt conscience. ...thanks

Don't mind them, as if there are no other pastors preaching again

1 Like

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2016
Greatzeus:
The bible and only the bible is the sole authority on all matters of life and godliness for the christian.It applies to all,all the time, while opinions from wise and reverend men can be of help,it is still subject to scriptures and individual initiative.
abi o,i don't see the fuss about this issue,each church has their doctrine and besides baba was talking to his congregation as an advice and wasn't saying it was a bible standard,as Christians we are admonished to pray without season, I don't see why people are taking offence,only a Christian with a dull prayer life will find it offensive

1 Like

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by SIRJENTLE: 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
this issues of beard is not what should worry us. HAVE U TRIED TO ASK HOW MANY APOSTLES OF OLD THAT SHAVED THEIR BEARDS? HOW MANY OF THEM PRAYED FOR TWO HOURS NON STOP.
THE LENGTH OF TIME SPENT ON PRAYERS MATTERS LESS. WHAT MATTERS IS THE QUALITY OF PRAYER AND THE HEART ONE PRAYS WITH.
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Abeos(m): 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
This goes to show influential daddy GO is. For him to say a thing to his church members and everyone trying to prove a point undecided
It's a fatherly advice so u either take or leave it

2 Likes

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
grin

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Collinsnice(m): 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2016
herzern:
Pastor Folayan

Please,compare your life with Pastor Adeboye....and tell me who the Lord has favoured....

Wah yhu just did is wronq,sir

PS....I am noht a RCCG member
Don't judge
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Okijajuju1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
Even Jesus' Disciples couldn't pray for one hour straight.. And they all had beards including Jesus himself.

The length of your prayers does not affect the answers to them.
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
Lilimax:
Baba Adegboye has given his advice and move on.
It is either you take the advice or you reject it; The choice is yours.

All I can see is many people capitalizing on Baba Go's advice to score some cheap points

Make una dey there dey tear una cloth for nothing; baba wey don move on tey-tey... embarassed

How far Bro.... I need your help ooo...
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2016
meltiplexer:
Good for them,who there prayer help? Naijabet man say so

How far Bro...

How you doing...
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Yoyostic: 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
Everyone wants to claim relevance on top Adeboye's message.Funny enough Pastor Adeboye doesn't know about the existence of the majority of these haters. Who e pain should go hug a naked electric pole, ko kan aye.

1 Like

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by toocoded: 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
emmyid:
what has being bearded got to do with ones faith. it is not about praying for two hours non stop, it is about praying with all your heart. Jus a word can move mountain.
Thanks ID
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Badtman(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
herzern:
Pastor Folayan

Please,compare your life with Pastor Adeboye....and tell me who the Lord has favoured....

Wah yhu just did is wronq,sir.

wen be say na your money take Jolly with private jet and you dey trek upandan

2 Likes

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by babajeje123(m): 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
Who knows him? He wants to seek for cheap popularity
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Exponental(m): 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
nerodenero:
Punchline grin grin.

Folayan just proved Adeboye wrong. Folayan 1-0 Adeboye.
pastor Adeboye said 1hr not 2. The point is that prayer of a woman help runs the home better. In times of situation, she can easily gear up.
As for the beard, some things are happening underneath which is not in the open, I think he is using a preventive method not a corrective method. Imagine the case of ethnicity been brought in, no ONE has praised him for that....Under G things are happening!
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by dayowunmi(m): 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
Gosh, I don't know what is wrong with people nowadays! Pastor Adeboye said he doesn't want his pastors (I.e. RCCG pastors) to be keeping beards. What's the big deal in that. It's not for everyone, the advice is only for RCCG pastors not even members. As for those saying it's not in the Bible to shave hair, it's not in the Bible to also wash your teeth, then you need not brush because of that? Before Joseph was granted audience to pharaoh to come and interpret his dream his hair was shaved! Gen 41:14 and also Job shaved his hair as a way to show respect to God in the place of prayer Job 1:20. In conclusion, oversabi is worrying a lot of you, he wasn't even addressing you but of course you will carry the matter on your head like a roadside gala seller.

4 Likes

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
herzern:
Pastor Folayan

all fingers are not equal, Nigerians want everybody to lick their ass, before they can associate with him or her, he is living his life, happily married, beards gang, i respect pastor adebayo alot, he is entitled to his opinion
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by MCeeShort(m): 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
I have lots of respect for Pst Adeboye, but I totally disagree with him on this.
Pray for 2hrs nonstop? Natin wen pesin no go hear sha.
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
dayowunmi:
Gosh, I don't know what is wrong with people nowadays! Pastor Adeboye said he doesn't want his pastors (I.e. RCCG pastors) to be keeping beards. What's the big deal in that. It's not for everyone, the advice is only for RCCG pastors not even members. As for those saying it's not in the Bible to shave hair, it's not in the Bible to also wash your teeth, then you need not brush because of that? Before Joseph was granted audience to pharaoh to come and interpret his dream his hair was shaved! Gen 41:14 and also Job shaved his hair as a way to show respect to God in the place of prayer Job 1:20. In conclusion, oversabi is worrying a lot of you, he wasn't even addressing you but of course you will carry the matter on your head like a roadside gala seller.
Egyptians and jews are two different people
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by sholay2011(m): 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
AdiscoPele:
Of all the disciples of Jesus Christ, only John does not have beards.

Jesus himself had beards.

Also, it is not until a woman prays hours non-stop before her prayers will/can be answered. It's the righteousness of the mind.
Pls, how did you know that John didn't have beards? Just curious, nothing more.
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by nasoweseeam: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
To each his own. Take advice or leave it. No be by force.
Na so I see am.

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
nobgill:

there's no proving wrong here... he said everyone has a story

gosh!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided don't sound disparate
so Adeboye didn't know that everybody has a different story before saying those things abi?

3 Likes

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
Lilimax:
Baba Adegboye has given his advice and move on.
It is either you take the advice or you reject it; The choice is yours.

All I can see is many people capitalizing on Baba Go's advice to score some cheap points

Make una dey there dey tear una cloth for nothing; baba wey don move on tey-tey... embarassed
Baba's advice is wrong and there is nothing wrong in letting naïve pple know that Baba is wrong here.

1 Like

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by 4good(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
Folayan Osekita, if you are a man of God with understanding you would not make such careless statement when a fellow servant of God is only speaking to encourage simple consecration. You just trivialized holy matter and you prove you are one of those over-hyped men of God who still reason as babes. I don't mean to insult you sir, but your spiritual understanding is very shallow. I pray God will forgive you and open your eyes to understand spiritual things. Amen

1 Like

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by flokii: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
Pastor Adeboye shouldn't have said those things.. Too sensitive and a bit shallow for a man of worth & excellence

I personally do not agree with most of the things he said.. Or does it mean those that pray for over one hour are automatically better than those who smoke, with tattoos? NO

Moreover the White lady with tattoo who took up a 'witch child' condemned to die earned my respect than most of these pastorpreneurs.

1 Like

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
herzern:
Pastor Folayan

Stupid Fvck.. Your point is very lame...
Just read the comments, you don't have to comment if you don't have anything intelligence to say something

1 Like

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
herzern:
Pastor Folayan

U think God is like man that uses materialism as a yardstick for blessings. Little wonder u pple re ever ready to worship the devil if he is rich.
Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2016
Stelvin101:

Who the Lord has favored or who has conned and took advantage of people's gullible mindset in the name of Christianity. Abeg park well

Thanks Man.
The guy comment no make brain at all.

1 Like

Re: Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
U think God is like man that uses materialism as a yardstick for blessings. Little wonder u pple re ever ready to worship the devil if he is rich.

Exactly my point. The guy comment doesn't make any sense at all.
He really needs to do some reading and thinking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See How A Pastor Advertised A Church's Crusade (pics) / Prophet, Christian Shola Vows To Bring Davido's Son, Ifeanyi Back To Life / Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.