Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) (196259 Views)

Journal Of A Bank Worker By Cj / The Diary Of A Jobless Worker / The Ghost-worker Aristol, A Short Prose By- Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by gbens2000(m): 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
bibijay123:

Yes bro. My former house wasn't far from there. I went there one evening and got gists from den.
nice work sis am really impressed. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Missmossy(f): 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
I have missed o pity Ify so much if only she wasn't so naive. Welldone Bibi, one can imagine all the scenes,you are making every event plausible. Not every rape victim lives to tell the tale. More strength and wisdom to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
gbens2000:
nice work sis am really impressed. wink

Thanks bro kiss
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
I get to have a whole episode dedicated to me gringringrin

Its not easy to have a namesake cheesy

I can't wait to see what ifeoma's mother and father have to say for their despicable attitude angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by veekid(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
Bibi oya follow back

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by olanshile2016(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
skarlett:
I get to have a whole episode dedicated to me gringringrin

Its not easy to have a namesake cheesy

I can't wait to see what ifeoma's mother and father have to say for their despicable attitude angry

you know say you be star

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
olanshile2016:

you know say you be star

Boss na you oh because after you na still YOU cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by olanshile2016(m): 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
skarlett:

Boss na you oh because after you na still YOU cheesy

Nigeria gels and flattering.... .....
Anyway youre the boss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by MhizCandice(f): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
Bibi abeg update na....I don wait taya o
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by adimx(m): 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=blessedvisky post=48381374][/quote] grin[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by gbens2000(m): 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
Girl360:
I always feel lazy reading these nl stories, but this one got me...

Keep it up Bibijay..

I'm so gonna read your other stories
me too bae,her writing is special.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Icemany: 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
Oga write your own novel nah or better still try sharrrap small....
Kudos Bibijay!

FoxyFlow:

I was wondering why Chiboy mother thought she was pregnant. Her body, Ifeoma, is strong sha. Ten years when some people starts displaying symptoms on the first month of infection.

Theirs was a no sex relationship then. He he Hehehe, I told you I knew the next thing that would happen, maybe because I bury myself in whatever I am reading.

There will be a twist in the plot. Not all stories have happy endings but this one do. Whatever made her make this statement, "And my happily ever after ended", points to one thing.

From another point of view, maybe, just maybe, her one night stand wasn't what infected her but what do I know? Make a hundred thousand naira in a single night leaves much to be desired and without condom, fate, I tell you have a way of dealing us cruel blows.

Eh, Bibi, make we hook up via whatsapp na. I gat something to tell ya...
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by mhiztee15(f): 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
Wow now am here from page 0 bibijay123 I love your story so captivating and sweet and thanks to skarlett that shared it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
A Dedication to me?!! grin grin grin grin.......okay that one sweet my belle small...Until I read the update embarassed embarassed...My belle come spoil! cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by blessedvisky(m): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
bibijay123:
Chapter 7

Ifeoma

Dedicated to Skarlett and Jefferyjamez

My hands trembled as i pulled on my skin tight black number, it was an expensive little thing that doesn't leave much to the imagination. My b00bies were almost out of the dress, then i wore my make up with care, nothing must go wrong.

Ebere' s door was closed, i sighed in relief and slipped out of the house. I was almost at Ogba when i broke down in tears, i remembered my mother forcing my hand into a bowl of hot water, i remembered the numerous beatings i had gotten from her, i remembered Juliet, i was so happy when they took me in. They were like family to me but they had turned me out without a second thought.

" Madam " A dirty looking police man knocked on the glass of my door. " You are parked illegally "

I dapped at the tears on my face, careful not ruin my make up and continued with my journey.

" Good Morning ma". A short skinny guy threw open the gate.

" Morning, is Mr Jeff Wright at home?"

" Ah madam! he has gone to work o, but his office is at Opebi."

I beamed at him and i could have sworn his eyes turned shy. " Mind giving me the address?"

" No Problem ma. I used to be a gateman there before Oga transferred me here."

He wrote out the address and gave it to me.

" Thank you. How about Juliet?"

" She took her children to school. You know her husband' s family chased her away when he died.''

" Yes i know. Terrible family, maybe i should say hi to mommy, is she inside?"

" No She' s out of the country ".

" Thank you".

I drove back to Opebi Allen, i remembered the spot i had stood that night, long ago, he had walked to me and offered me a hundred thousand naira for a night. I had thought God sent him to me, as a solution to our problems. We needed the money badly, i couldn't let Ebere starve.

" N100 thousand without Condom. I hate condom" he had said.

" I don't want to get pregnant sir" i told him naively.

" Don't worry i will pull out. "

I didn't understand what he meant by pulling out but i guessed it meant he won't get me pregnant. He was so thin i remembered thinking " how could he be so thin if he has a hundred thousand naira to give away."

Jeff' s office wasn't hard to locate, his secretary was a little mousy girl, she ushered me in without informing her boss first.

" What is this?" He barked. " How could you just bring someone into my office without my permission"

" Sorry sir" she hurried out.

" Hello Jeff"

He looked at me and almost dropped on the floor. His gaze was fixed on my bosoms. This fish was hooked.

" Hi...........hi miss.......please have a seat" he stuttered out. " Have we met before?"

I sat down, deliberately widening my legs, his gaze dropped to my exposed thighs.

I gave a little laugh.

" Its me, your baby girl........Ify"

He turned ashen and lost his color.

" Ify.....baby......"

I smiled at him." I have missed you, i couldn't resist coming to see you.....baby are you married?"

I would have walked out immediately if he had answered with an affirmation. I couldn't put an innocent girl through hell.

" No, no am not married. Baby girl am sorry for_____"

Oh really? I didn't let the bastard finish" Baby all that was in the past. Am so hot for you, is there somewhere we could go?"

He stood up hastily, knocking off the files on his desk.

" Yes, yes baby. "

We went to a seedy motel in Ikeja, the sheet got tangled in no time.

" That was hot!" Jeff said panting. " Darling why are you dressing up?"

" I just remembered i had an appointment later today".

" Awww baby. Please stay nau"

" Some other time." I snapped at him.

" OK baby, ehen...I just remembered something ".

" What!?"

" Your dad..........he came the next day after ..........um....after you left "

" My dad?!"

" Yes, he kept coming every week to check if you had returned. He stopped coming five years ago."

My dad. I told myself i wasn't going to cry.

" Your mother too came back two weeks after you left. Why didn't you come back baby?"

I could have killed him right there and then if i wasn't certain he was also going to die.

" Where is.......my mother now?"

" She is still at your house. She kept asking questions about you especially after the boy died."

" Which boy?!" I shouted." Toby, my brother?"

" Yes, That's the name! He had an astmatic attack."

My knees gave out. I remembered his chubby cheeks. He had stood up to mom on several occasions trying to defend me. My baby brother.

" Sorry baby" he said lifting me up.

" Where is my dad now?"

" I have his number"

I got my dad' s contact from him, picking up my bag, I said, " Jeff you might want to run some medical tests........Yea i think you should"

" Why?"

I breezed past him towards the door. " One can never know what disease they could contract by an unprotected sex. Good luck!"

His eyes widened in shock, he turned pale." What do you mean?!" He shouted. " Ify! Ify!"

I drove down to Abiola gardens at Sectariat. Little things begins to matter when you know you are dying. A bird flying in the sky becomes a delight to watch, a little girl running around with the wind blowing through her hair makes you cherish life more. A beautiful couple walking by makes your heart squeeze with pain.

I sat down on the green grass, I offered to carry a young woman' s baby so she could eat. Lord knows am never going to hold mine. I closed my eyes imagining the cherub belonged to me. I gave a little boy a push on the swing after handing the baby back to the grateful mother. The little boy had been on the low swing, shouting, " mommy please come and push it" the mother had been more interested in the phone in her hand.

In the evening i drove home blasting sinach' s ' I know who i am'

" I know who God says i am, what he says i am , where he says am at, I know who I am!" I sang aloud . " I ........am holy, i ........ am righteous ooo...I am......beau..ti......ful....oooo"

TBC

Please i need a constructive criticism of the story and writing. If any angle is not clear to you let me know....... Thank you all!

Hmm, constructive criticism?.. Ìdk how to do that but I'll try.
1) one doesn't end up under the sheets with someone who caused you so much pain in about 3 hours. Even if she was willing, the guy should have suspected foul play naw. He raped her and got her kicked out of the house with no means of survival and he accepted "Please all that is in the past".?. Me no fit accept am OO. He should know she was gonna get back @ him somehow when she showed up uninvited in his office

Also, he couldn't remember the face of someone he once lavished with gifts and got raped and also got her kicked out...? ? Well, make-up is powerful sha

A build-up of max a week which lead to sex would have made more sense.

2) still related to point 1, that's a lot of info to find out just immediately after a hot session under the sheets. Does the guy have mouth diarrhoea?? Even at that the guy should have 'neared' her while telling her the info, not staying on d bed, coz it's sensitive info to deliver. For one trying to stop Ify from going, he should made a physical move, not just 'baby don't go now'

3)lastly, she should not have spoken about the danger of catching something after doing skinny. He can easily go for Post-Exposure Prophylaxis. It is believed that HIV is curable within the first 48-72 hours after a person contacts it. You can read up on post exposure prophylaxis. If Jeff is smart enough, he might walk out of it unscathed and Ify would have lost on both sides. She could have texted him or something after she is sure he has caught it.

4) Jeff and Ify should have exchanged numbers at least now. You made it seem she just came to infect him, daz all. She wasn't subtle at all.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by FoxyFlow(m): 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
Icemany:
Oga write your own novel nah or better still try sharrrap small....
Kudos Bibijay!

You have been noticed....
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by noblet2(f): 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
i want more cry cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
blessedvisky:

1) one doesn't end up under the sheets with someone who caused you so much pain in about 3 hours. Even if she was willing, the guy should have suspected foul play naw. He raped her and got her kicked out of the house with no means of survival and he accepted "Please all that is in the past".?. Me no fit accept am OO. He should know she was gonna get back @ him somehow when she showed up uninvited in his office

Also, he couldn't remember the face of someone he once lavished with gifts and got raped and also got her kicked out...? ? Well, make-up is powerful sha

2) still related to point 1, that's a lot of info to find out just immediately after a hot session under the sheets. Does the guy have mouth diarrhoea?? Even at that the guy should have 'neared' her while telling her the info, not staying on d bed, coz it's sensitive info to deliver. For one trying to stop Ify from going, he should made a physical move, not just 'baby don't go now'

3)lastly, she should not have spoken about the danger of catching something after doing skinny. He can easily go for Post-Exposure Prophylaxis. It is believed that HIV is curable within the first 48-72 hours after a person contacts it. You can read up on post exposure prophylaxis. If Jeff is smart enough, he might walk out of it unscathed and Ify would have lost on both sides. She could have texted him or something after she is sure he has caught it.

4) Jeff and Ify should have exchanged numbers at least now. You made it seem she just came to infect him, daz all. She wasn't subtle at all.

ok if this was a fictional write up i might be able to answer the above questions but it is not so am also wondering the same thing. But really she just came to infect him. as for him not remembering her, remember ten years is a whole lot of time and a lady's appearance changes when weavon and make up get involved. As for readily going to bed with her, only a fool would do that shows he's one. Thanks tho grin

8 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by blessedvisky(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
bibijay123:

ok if this was a fictional write up i might be able to answer the above questions but it is not so am also wondering the same thing. But really she just came to infect him. as for him not remembering her, remember ten years is a whole lot of time and a lady's appearance changes when weavon and make up get involved. As for readily going to bed with her, only a fool would do that shows he's one. Thanks tho grin
You didn't say anything about the post-exposure prophylaxis. Or will that be revealed as time goes on?
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
blessedvisky:

You didn't say anything about the post-exposure prophylaxis. Or will that be revealed as time goes on?

Yea. we good now? grin

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
MhizCandice:
Bibi abeg update na....I don wait taya o

pele. Still at work........ more updates as soon as i get back home

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by yousooph(m): 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
jezz say make I cum drop evening comment. Make u no sha forget to mention me in next tori grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by blessedvisky(m): 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
bibijay123:

Yea. we good now? grin

Sure we're we bad b4
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2016
blessedvisky:

Sure we're we bad b4

shocked i mean any more question? grin
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
Interesting points but you didn't have to quote the entire episode na sad

blessedvisky:

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
bibijay123:

pele. Still at work........ more updates as soon as i get back home

Abeg fast ejoor, abi u need t fare?

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Eniqurl(f): 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
Bibijay123 where re you nah?

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by toboski1(m): 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
Jeff Jeff Jeff
the name get as e be ooo
there is a story am following on bbm "married to a stranger" Jeff turns out to be a badt guy tho he's dead now am waiting for this Jeff death announcement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by SPDAZZY(f): 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nice update bibi, but how was ify able to easily locate Jeff' s office. Does it mean she has being keeping tabs on him?

And the idiot just jumped into bed just like that? Someone he hasn't seen in ten years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
* Continues*

Dedicated to blessedvisky and Sulakishop

Ebere

I was still reeling from what Ify had said. How could she get between the sheet with someone who had inflicted so much pains on her, it was incomprehensible. I wished i could read her mind, see what was going on in her thoughts? what happened to her heart? She was always the fragile emotional one, quick to forgive and slow to anger. I would never know unless i was in her shoes, knowing death was upon her door must have changed everything.

" Ify, When will you give your dad a call?"

" Am not ready for that yet, i don't want any drama in my life now. I just want to be happy ".

" Okay. " She had become so different, she wanted everything her way and on her terms.

" You know nothing has changed".

" Everything has changed! you think twice before saying a single word to me! you are so careful not to hurt my feeling! How could you say nothing has changed!"

She was right and i felt so bad. I was only trying to make her happy. " Am sorry". I said, " I thought you would at least string Jeff along before striking but everything happened so fast and am still trying to wrap my head around it".

" I don't understand it myself"

I knew she had closed off on me. Again.

Ifeoma

Days came and went, i avoided Chiboy like a plaque, it was like i had lost all my emotions except for one, terror, the terror was less about dying than it was about shame, degradation and reject. How long would it take Ebere to get tired of me? why should i contact my father? if they could abadon me when i was healthy why will they embrace me now? now that i am a carrier of a killer virus! my future was a hazy mirage, always ahead but untouchable, i knew my life would depend on medicines and doctors, when i looked in the mirror, i saw only horror, panic, unfulfilled desires and ultimate defeat.

I would never walk down the aisle, i would never experience that special morning sickness, i would never feel my b00bies heavy with milk. No little girl to braid her hair, no little boy to kiss when he skims his knee playing ball. My life was over, declared so by a simple blood test.

My AIDS specialist had found out that my T___ cells were only 200, i was prescribed AZT and DDI . The stares as i walked into the AIDS Unit every time was full of accusations and something vile and dirty, it makes me want to retch. Everyone feels sorry for you, you are automatically labelled a slut. I was encouraged to join some organizations that was sympathetic towards 'People like you'

" Hello" i was propped up in bed. It was all i do these days. " Good morning ma".

" How are you?" Chiboy' s mom asked.

I hadn't seen her in months.

" Chiboy told me about your condition yesterday. Ndo"

My heart squeezed. " Thank you ma".

" He said you want to call off the wedding "

" Yes Ma"

I heard her sigh in relief and i pinched my lips between my teeth to keep from crying.

" Ndo, God will see you through.....ewo! Why you na! Ehn! Why you! " she wailed.

I could see her in my mind' s eye, she was relieved i wasn't going to shackle her son to a life of misery but at the same time she felt sorry for me but her love for her son was greater and even i couldn't begrudge her that.

" Nne, Chidubem said he doesn't have it.....is it true? " she asked softly.

" Yes mommy"

I could hear her crying in the background, i don't know if it was out of pity for me or in relief for her son but i was happy she felt enough emotion to shed some honest tears.

" Nne my pastor is a powerful man of God! he will heal you. I will bring some anointing oil for you tomorrow "

" OK mommy... thank you"

I wished that i had her faith but i couldn't delude myself. I needed to be realistic and ready for the worst.

The next few weeks revolved around going to this church of wonders and miracle or that mountain top of signs. How Ebere and Chiboy could also believe in such things were beyond me but i was all for anything. The pains were becoming unbearable, my bones ached, some days i stool till i pass out. One crazy pastor had even asked me to fast for three days! Mommy would force me to drink this holy water or that holy oil.

One evening i refused.

" What is going on"? Chiboy asked.

" She does not want to drink the anointing oil! Something that i bought for N50 thousand naira!" mommy said.

We were all in their house, Ebere was also there urging me to drink it.

I couldn't help it. I broke down in tears. I had just finished a whole bottle of anointing oil and here i was being forced to drink more. I realized how my life had slowly been snatched away from me, it no longer belonged to me. I now live on other people's demand and reasoning.

" Let her rest a bit mom, she will drink it later"

Mommy left the room muttering under her breath, clutching the bottle of oil to her chest like a little child. Ebere gave me a little smile before leaving the room.

" Baby am sorry," he said locking the door.

I nodded. He scooped me into his arms and kissed me softly. It was like a mother kissing her child, the passion was gone and in its place was another sort of love, love for another human. He was trying hard not to think of the thing between us, trying not to allow it be a factor. He was really trying hard like we were normal couple and our life was perfect.

" look, i love you. I' m with you and I'm not leaving. okay?"

I nodded again.

TBC

Please more constructive criticism guys! like, share and comment. Enjoy the rest of your night!

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=SPDAZZY post=48398446]Nice update bibi, but how was ify able to easily locate Jeff' s office. Does it mean she has being keeping tabs on him?

And the idiot just jumped into bed just like that? Someone he hasn't seen in ten years. [/quote)
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
SPDAZZY:
Nice update bibi, but how was ify able to easily locate Jeff' s office. Does it mean she has being keeping tabs on him?

And the idiot just jumped into bed just like that? Someone he hasn't seen in ten years.

She went to his house and got his office address from his overzealous gateman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (37) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.