Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Transplanting Cucumber - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Transplanting Cucumber (533 Views)

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / Free On Farm Transplanting Exercise On Varieties Of Vegetables / Veggies Transplanting Exercise FREE!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transplanting Cucumber by shadowid: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hi guys, please I need to know if it is good to transplant cucumber.thks
Re: Transplanting Cucumber by Wildcards(m): 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
It depends on the amount of seedlings you intend transplanting. It's usually a stressful process, and cucumber seedlings are very fragile, so it's not something you'd want to do on a large scale.

However, it can be done, such as planting a few seeds on the side when doing your normal planting, so that you can transplant to areas that do not germinate (I usually do this). You'd have to be careful not to expose the roots of the seedlings though, as this may kill them. Also, transplant only in cool weather and ensure you water immediately after transplanting.

I hope you find this useful.

Cheers smiley
Re: Transplanting Cucumber by shadowid: 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
Thks, so to be on a safe side, I shd avoid transplanting it
Re: Transplanting Cucumber by shadowid: 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
wildcard, hw profitable is it wen planted in an acre n I would lik to get ur no
Re: Transplanting Cucumber by Wildcards(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
shadowid:
Thks, so to be on a safe side, I shd avoid transplanting it

Your choice.
It's usually not necessary, but as I did say, it can be done.
Re: Transplanting Cucumber by Wildcards(m): 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
shadowid:
wildcard, hw profitable is it wen planted in an acre n I would lik to get ur no

The concept of 'Profitability' is relative. I wouldn't know what you'd consider profitable. So I'll just say anything agriculture has potentials for good profit, if managed properly, with a Lil Innovation especially in.marketing. However, there are lots of challenges in cucumber farming, as with all vegetable crops.

Cheers!!!

(1) (Reply)

Soya Beans Farmers Network / Oil Press / Over 1000 Tons Of Dried Maize(yellow And White Specie) Now Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.