Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Opinion: A Response To Pastor E.A Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: A Response To Pastor E.A Adeboye (552 Views)

OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: A Response To Pastor E.A Adeboye by JobForNigeria: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
Pastor E.A Adeboye has been trending on social media for a video which recorded him making two statements, "a girl who cannot pray for one hour non-stop, don't marry her" and "don't marry a girl who cannot cook". Some have deemed his message controversial, while others have voiced their support for him, making comments like, "the bible said we should pray without ceasing".

I don't want to make conclusions based on Pastor Adeboye's statements, as they are vague. However, I would like to address the issue from my perspective. In 1 Thes 5: 16-18 (ESV), St. Paul wrote, "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you". From my understanding of this passage, Paul meant that a person should rely on God in all circumstances. If we are to take the passage literally, "praying without ceasing" will mean praying 24/7 and no one can pray 24/7 - I have never heard of someone praying in their sleep.

Read the rest at http://getemployednigeria1..com.ng/2016/08/opinion-response-to-pastor-ea-adeboye.html

Re: Opinion: A Response To Pastor E.A Adeboye by MrLankeeee(m): 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
What he actually meant was no one should marry a woman that can not pray fervently. Not literally 1hour.

If she lazy nd cannot pray a Christain man shouldn't go for her.
Re: Opinion: A Response To Pastor E.A Adeboye by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
What Pastor Adeboye has said is for us, not for him. He is married and living a good life. You may choose to follow his words or throw them away.

Come to think of it, if you marry a guy or lady who doesnt have a job, by the time children or other responsibilities start trickling in, you will sing a new song.

In the same vein, it is better you marry someone who can pray and whose ways are right with God. If you do, your stress will be reduced, and you will face more important challenges...not flimsy ones.

When we do the right thing, it makes our lives easier. Pastor Adeboye has given his own piece of advice, you may wish to take it or leave it.
Re: Opinion: A Response To Pastor E.A Adeboye by JobForNigeria: 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
MrLankeeee:
What he actually meant was no one should marry a woman that can not pray fervently. Not literally 1hour.

If she lazy nd cannot pray a Christain man shouldn't go for her.

Then he shouldn't have included 'non-stop" if he didn't want it to be translated literally. Look at what Jesus did - He stated that you should forgive your neighbours 77 x 7 times... You can't take that in its literal sense - that is a metaphor unlike that of Pastor E.A.A.
Re: Opinion: A Response To Pastor E.A Adeboye by JobForNigeria: 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
feature11:
What Pastor Adeboye has said is for us, not for him. He is married and living a good life. You may choose to follow his words or throw them away.

Come to think of it, if you marry a guy or lady who doesnt have a job, by the time children or other responsibilities start trickling in, you will sing a new song.

In the same vein, it is better you marry someone who can pray and whose ways are right with God. If you do, your stress will be reduced, and you will face more important challenges...not flimsy ones.

When we do the right thing, it makes our lives easier. Pastor Adeboye has given his own piece of advice, you may wish to take it or leave it.

Erm, like I wrote, I rather have a woman with a good attitude and one that draws me closer to God, than one that prays for one hour non-stop but has a bad attitude. And don't say stuff about his marriage.. You don't know him personally. That's what people must have said about Pastor Chris' marriage. Now look at him.

(1) (Reply)

God Is Looking For Men And Women Of F-A-I-T-H / Iceland Unearths Rock To Appease Angry Elves / Why Are There Special Seats Reserved For VIP Inside The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.