Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye (30602 Views)

Profile Of Olabiyi Durojaiye: NCC Chairman / How To Criticise Buhari And Get Away With It - Ayo Sogunro / I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by DIKEnaWAR: 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by DaudaAbu(m): 10:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
tomakint:
Fantastic write up, the level at which this clamour for youths representation in the sphere of political arena is at his crescendo especially at such a time like this. However, let it be known by all and sundry that the issue of youths involvement in our polity has been over flogged over the years. I am yet to see youth leaders representing the youths well in our political arena. Need I mention names, Dino Melaye at 42 years is every reason why no reasonable leader will consider youths amidst them. He is not even recognised in his Kogi Home State. Amaechi st 38 emerged speaker of Rivers State House of Assembly under Odili but what did he do to help youths or champion their cause in Rivers State? You know it. Why I do not support the idea of appointments of Grandpas and Grandmas in place of sensitive positions I must also say that most of the youth leaders we have paraded over the years only see positions in governance as their own personal till not minding the fellow youths that sacrifised sweat and blood to get them there. Before you judge me, just look inward into our own Nairaland and size up the mindsets of the membership (mostly youths), then you will understand. Once again, nice write up Tonye.

Infact there are too many names to mention.

How old was saraki before he govern kwara for 8 years? hw old was Dino when he went into the green chamber for the first time? The same attitude he exhibited then was what he is exhibiting now. If this are the youth that going to be representing this country, imagine hw they are going to behave in international fora?

GEJ was the youngest president we ever had. How did the youth fare under him? Even though he promised that his successor has to be younger than him.

(Nobody should quote me for saying i voted baba). The reason i did was becos of his age and the position he has attained before contesting. I was sure he was not going to be listening to any god-father(s) or even be afraid of looking into any body's face and telling them what he felt about them (i know most of the people would be his age mate or be younger than him, go figure), or even touchimg the untouchables, Retired military officer. How many young poeple would have been able to do that.

That same reason is why those ex-military men use GEJ for their selfish interest. NSA, Badeh, Amosun etc etc .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by tomakint: 11:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
DaudaAbu:

How old was saraki before he govern kwara for 8 years? hw old was Dino when he went into the green chamber for the first time? The same attitude he exhibited then was what he is exhibiting now. If this are the youth that going to be representing this country, imagine hw they are going to behave in international fora?

GEJ was the youngest president we ever had. How did the youth fare under him? Even though he promised that his successor has to be younger than him.

(Nobody should quote me for saying i voted baba). The reason i did was becos of his age and the position he has attained before contesting. I was sure he was not going to be listening to any god-father(s) or even be afraid of looking into any body's face and telling them what he felt about them (i know most of the people would be his age mate or be younger than him, go figure), or even touchimg the untouchables, Retired military officer. How many young poeple would have been able to do that.

That same reason is why those ex-military men use GEJ for their selfish interest. NSA, Badeh, Amosun etc etc .
TOUCHE! You shall live long bro. Indeed you have eyes that SEE and not the ones that LOOK. However I am still of the opinion that we still have some bright minded youths who can still take Nigeria to the Promised Land amidst us. I belong to that family

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
Food for thought....

But on other note. The question is how many of our youth are incorruptible like this old folks? What different with it make.

The youths you mentioned for both SA n Hong Kong, the difference they made wasn't as a result of their ages. It more of dignity and personality.

Large people paid thru their university days for grades I know how uneasy it could be. But we need extra-ordinary youth with a difference. I know they are out there but

We like been quiet grin
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by BobUg28(m): 11:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
May God help this country Nigeria.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by LFJ: 12:04am On Aug 05, 2016
Though I shared your sentiment on this, but credibility has always been my issue with you. You are a brilliant young man that has great potentials but I see you more of fake than real.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 05, 2016
majority of the nigerian youths are busy dabbing ,smoking weed ,getting laid and indulging in all forms of stupiidiity ..no priorities no focus

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by FakoMaybach1: 12:17am On Aug 05, 2016
LFJ:
Though I shared your sentiment on this, but credibility has always been my issue with you. You are a brilliant young man that has great potentials but I see you more of fake than real.

Animal farm just keeps replaying in my head...If we chase out the old and usher in the new what steps have we taken to ensure that the mistakes of the old is not repeated...the same sins these old men commit the youth will even do worse: like the biblical rehoboam " my father used whips on you i will use scorpions" ...Tonye's appeal for youth inclusion is not based on patriotism or love for his country but on a personal drive for pocket enlargement and his own stomach infrastructure...The canker worm affecting the country and hindering its progress has nothing to do with age.
Our youths will not do a better job, that is a fact you can take to the bank
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by obailala(m): 12:18am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
SA Democratic Alliance 36 years old party leader Maimane

SA EFF 36Years old Party leader Malema

Hong kong Demosistō Party leaders(All under 24)

Nigeria APC Leaders

Nigeria PDP Leaders

When will the older generation let go and hand over to the youths?

The above is a question Nigeria's docile youths have been asking for ages and which still begs for an answer. But the fact is that it is a meaningless question which actually deserves no answer. If an answer must be given, it would be that the Nigerian youths aren't ready for leadership yet. And for as long as the youths arent ready yet, leadership will never get to them.

@Tonye, take a look at all the examples of youths from other nations you gave above, did any of them sit back like suckling toddlers waiting for someone to spoon feed them by handing them the mantle of leadership on a platter?

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by omooba969(m): 12:21am On Aug 05, 2016
khadaffi:
We have heard this problem times without number. So what's the solution?? What annoys me most is when a 50 - 60 something years old is being paraded as a youth. What nonsense!! Are we fools.

@bolded,

Yes & yes the Nigerian youth is a f00l, a fantastic f00l for that matter. We prefer to eat from the crumbs that fall from these criminals' tables even as we are always presented with opportunities to sweep them aside or end their miserable drama of corruption & mismanagement.

YES! We are certified foolz! cool
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Oluwasogo14: 12:22am On Aug 05, 2016
please let's stop deceiving ourselves by saying we have youths in this country,the youths are corrupt and shallow minded like their Godfathers. let's take a look at the National Association of Nigeria Student (NANS) for instance, this association is created to embezzle funds and fight over position with weapons,they never achieved anything except campaigning in support of corrupt politicians. Thank God majority of us attended higher institution and we all know few things about how the youth run the student union government(SUG), judging with the school Excos,no sane government will ever give a youth chance in her administration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by almujeebe(m): 12:25am On Aug 05, 2016
I would have gave kudos to you for the write-up had it been that you suggest a way out.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Gbadagba: 12:29am On Aug 05, 2016
Let us start a youths political party(YPP )right from this topic now plz youths.most of us who knows little or more on how to go about forming a political party should bring their ideas here.a journey of one million miles begins with a step

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by FakoMaybach1: 12:38am On Aug 05, 2016
Oluwasogo14:
please let's stop deceiving ourselves by saying we have youths in this country,the youths are corrupt and shallow minded like their Godfathers. let's take a look at the National Association of Nigeria Student (NANS) for instance, this association is created to embezzle funds and fight over position with weapons,they never achieved anything except campaigning in support of corrupt politicians. Thank God majority of us attended higher institution and we all know few things about how the youth run the student union government(SUG), judging with the school Excos,no sane government will ever give a youth chance in her administration.
i disagree with your fallacious statement...we are not all corrupt . the same issues we have in general elections plays down to SUG elections too many students couldnt vie for positions cus of the risks and costs involved and some of the ones that were able to get there took it as a money making venture but there are still many others that did wonderful jobs in their various school unions...
The fact still remains that the world has changed but Africa still sticks to its ancient ways and how has it helped out? Juxtapose african leaders with their counterparts from the rest of the world and you will agree that old age is not wisdom.
every human has the capacity to do good or evil, whether young or old so it is a tricky issue and no solution is 100% foolproof

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 05, 2016
Barca pls disengage from pdp. APC too is crap. Fight for independent candidacy

TonyeBarcanista:

Exactly
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by adedayoa2(f): 1:00am On Aug 05, 2016
Vote for me 2019 Democratic Movement for the Youth
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by AsoRockz01(m): 1:16am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Lol I never said nobody should criticise Buhari but I was driving at a point

With your range rover evogue. I sight you mehn!

This is beyond party affiliation whether APC or PDP.
everybody knows even mallam Cassandra that that post was not meant for that Otunba no matter the level of education or experience he had acquired.
Communication is dynamic,it keeps improving as time goes on.
Can Otunba cope with the changes or will he be paid for doing nothing?

I read through to see anything that would justify his staying there but I saw nothing.

Nice write up sha.

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by graphiti: 2:25am On Aug 05, 2016
FakoMaybach1:

Animal farm just keeps replaying in my head...If we chase out the old and usher in the new what steps have we taken to ensure that the mistakes of the old is not repeated...the same sins these old men commit the youth will even do worse: like the biblical rehoboam " my father used whips on you i will use scorpions" ...Tonye's appeal for youth inclusion is not based on patriotism or love for his country but on a personal drive for pocket enlargement and his own stomach infrastructure...The canker worm affecting the country and hindering its progress has nothing to do with age.
Our youths will not do a better job, that is a fact you can take to the bank

.... checked in already!

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by RuuDie(m): 2:29am On Aug 05, 2016
That is a good post. I see and agree with most of what you have raised. We, the youths, really have to brace up and take charge!
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 05, 2016
Great post.

I read arguments for and against and most are just brilliant. To add a few points of my own

While the older generations seem to garner respect from contenders and cohorts without them having to bend over backwards to a godfather, the younger generation are more cosmopolitan and less prone to nepotism. Also the younger generation have versatility and can access technology to solve problems

Both generations are prone to corruption irrespective of their political divide. They both lack patriotic inclinations and general apathy to the populace

Personally, I believe the youths are better equipped to deal with challenges that bedevil our socio economic space while the issue of godfatherism is a necessary evil which from experience is very fickle because these affiliations crumble when loyalties are tested

2 Likes

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by eat21: 3:58am On Aug 05, 2016
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by 1stdammy: 4:55am On Aug 05, 2016
khadaffi:
We have heard this problem times without number. So what's the solution?? What annoys me most is when a 50 - 60 something years old is being paraded as a youth. What nonsense!! Are we fools.
To answer ur question, YES!!, we r fools. Until we realise that we've been taken for a fool, YES!!, we r fools. Until we know what is right for us and claim it, YES,!! We r fools...........
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by OBAnkemi: 6:09am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista I salute you for the brilliant essay,..... I suppose this is the first time ever you and I are on the same page concerning any issue with respect to our father land.
More grace brother!
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by bencobenz(m): 6:18am On Aug 05, 2016
I am a strong supporter of PMB, but to say I'm disappointed in the manner that he makes his appointment is an understatement. This is a government brought to power through the massive support of the youths, but they are excluded when it comes to appointment. Way forward, let every youth resolved in their mind not to vote anyone more than 45 years old in the next election. We have to take our destiny in our hands by force, I've made up my mind even if my family members who are above 45 years old come out for next election, I won't be voting for them except there are no candidates younger than them in that election.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Well how about you show democratic and republican political figures in the US, after all we're copying their standard of democracy, instead of showing us SA and China abi na Korea.

I'm definitely in support that the old cargoes go and die already.

They have taken the destinies of the youths of this country and used it to smoke their pipes.

Their own kids don't reside in Nigeria, so they don't care.

But the question is which youths?

You mean the same ones that chant "witch hunt" whenever a suspected corrupt official is arrested, carrying placards and protesting?

Or is it our legion of Nigerian youths who are barely legible and can hardly string together a coherent English sentence despite a degree from the university?

Oh, is it our teeming youths who spend almost all of their time on FB, Twitter, and Nairaland, taking selfies and would never pick up a book to read unless their lives absolutely depended on reading that book so as to cram-and-pour for their teachers?

Don't blame the youths though. Nigeria's major problem is a total lack of a pool of credible mentors.

Our role models these days are people like whizkid, davido etc, baby daddies, baby mamas etc.

I'm sorry but this young generation isn't the hope of this nation. They are a lost cause already.

We'd do well to train our kids to view life differently than us. Maybe, just maybe they'll be able to save us.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 05, 2016
papaejima1:
You are unfortunately aligned with PDP at the moment?

Hear the rubbish coming from a confused soul.

Tell me how the youth of Nigeria will be given a chance when young ones like Barcanista are confused and are on a rudderless path.

Tell me how, when they are only interested in their pockets aka 'protection' and hence align themselves with an unprincipled party of elders.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:00am On Aug 05, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
Barca pls disengage from pdp. APC too is crap. Fight for independent candidacy

That is unavoidable. PDP is not a viable alternative
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 05, 2016
barcanista I think you are a card carrying member of PDP you can register your greviance there or form your own political party nao
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:11am On Aug 05, 2016
DaudaAbu:

It is out of place to use those examples.

Saraki was foisted by elder Saraki, and he has to do his bidding. Dino was a thug that found his way up, he wasn't the symbol of average youth... BTW he was past the youth age. Jonathan has been in the system, his ascension has to do with agreement with his fellow party chiefs and sharing of the spoils was inevitable. Beside, he was middle aged Not a youth.

You can't say because a young man is into yahoo hence, the youths are criminals. That is illogical.

stop comparing apple and pawpaw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sowore: Tinubu, Others Used To Hide While We Faced The Military In The 90's / Atiku Abubakar Pictured In His Farm / How Central Bank Officials Defrauded Nigeria Of N8 Billion – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.