Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,085 members, 7,867,129 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:05 AM

I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light (4352 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2009
all these to find an excuse to will away the fact that God exists? grin

Indeed the bible was right to say God has made to foolishness the perceived wisdom of man.
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by Atheists: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2009
The uncaused cause, the ultimate singularity inherent in the uniform infinity of time and space, and beyond this, the primordial non-contingent "idea" of existence, bearing all the hallmarks of Intelligence and thereby presupposing a conscious entity.

Why not save a step and say the existence of the universe was uncaused ?
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by huxley(m): 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2009
Deep Sight:

1. I came about that definition of God by contemplating space & time, and reflecting on known principles of Causation, juxtaposing that with the concept of Eternity, and studying the interesting realities within the cosmos.

Fair enough. There is room for a priori knowledge in this debates.

Deep Sight:

2. Ultimate Singularity means the unified convergence of all space and all time as one single essence.

What does this really mean? We know from physics that space is essentially a unity of space&time, called space-time. You use the word "convergence", which suggests two entities coming closer together and (possibly) finally intersecting. We do not have any evidence that this is what space-time is. Please, can you elaborate?

Deep Sight:

3. Yes, i meant beyond space and time because a cause naturally stands outside its effect, although it may also be inherent in it.

Can you explain how God can be beyond space & time and also be "inherent" in it? What does this really mean? For instance, can something that is beyond space & time be made to sit at my desk right now? Can god come and sit at my desk right now?

Deep Sight:

4. Yes, therefore God, being the "ultimate singularity" is both beyond and within the universe: (thus the theory of omnipresence)

This is an ad hoc association. Please explain how "ultimate singularity" leads to omnipresence? If God is omnipresent, can he make himself not to be omnipresent at some times?

Deep Sight:

5. Naturally he must interact with the universe in the sense that light rays from a candle spring forth from the fire? The Universe, as you know, is pulsating with something called "Dark Energy" and this can only be vibrations from the sustaining power of the energy that caused the Universe.

Are you saying that God interact with the universe through Dark Energy? Have you any evidence for this? Current theory suggests that Dark Energy will eventually rip the entire universe to a cool and dark place - all the stars, planets, etc, etc in the universe will be dissolved and become nothing. This is what Dark Energy is currently doing to the universe.

If your theory is right, then there will come a time when God will no longer be able to interact with the universe again? Does that sound right to you?
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by DeepSight(m): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2009
Tudór:

God, allah, zeus or whatever isn't the first mover. God, allah or zeus don't exist.If micheal describes the wind as flowing invincible water sent forth by two mountains having sex, then what micheal has described doesn't exist. Simple.

WRONG: Implicit in your very own words is the fact that what michael has described does not exist, not that the wind does not exist.
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by Tudor6(f): 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2009
Deep Sight:

WRONG: Implicit in your very own words is the fact that what michael has described does not exist, not that the wind does not exist.
Similarly God, allah, zeus, birnham (all concepts described by religions) do not exist. The first cause is what it is, THE FIRST CAUSE- all other additions/characterizations are baseless rubbish.
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by DeepSight(m): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2009
What is wrong with giving the First Cause a name, if it appears to us that the First Cause is self-conscious and intelligent?

And what is wrong if that name happens to be Chineke or Olodumare?
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by Tudor6(f): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2009
Deep Sight:

What is wrong with giving the First Cause a name, if it appears to us that the First Cause is[b] self-conscious and intelligent?[/b]

And what is wrong if that name happens to be Chineke or Olodumare?
Like I said, totally baseless characterizations.
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by Tudor6(f): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
Edit
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by e4emma(m): 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2009
I ve discovered sometin abt u mr.atheist.i ve realised dat deep down inside u u knw God exist nd u just type in does USELESS coment of urs just becos u knw dat people wil post facts back at u.STOP NOW b4 u incur d ANGER of God.
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by saraj(f): 2:17am On Oct 20, 2009
I do not know what to make of born again
Christians. In a way I admire them but at
the same time,
do they choose to be born again because they
fear the prospect of being tortured in hell for
eternity or because they genuinely want to
be good people for the sake of being good?
My bet is that it is for their own selfish reasons
(i.e they do not want to go to hell)
If you told them in the morning that hell dosen't
exist you can be  sure they would go back
to their old ways!
I believe the real genuine people are the good ones.
Therefore born again Christians are guilt trpped into
born again. Born again are the very same people
who had a black heart before they became born again
yet there are so many people BORN with a good heart
so what makes the born agains think they are going
to heaven. Because thay are guilt tripped? I don't
think so.
Thank God I am a Catholic. We are too smart for
this born again for my own interests nonsesne!!
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by Kunbee: 3:22am On Oct 20, 2009
@OP congrats ooo
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by omodada1: 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2009
God is d alpha & omega, no one dea question Him. as 4 ur said conversion, it was just spritual gymnastic and not genue conversion. saul meet Him, Peter likwise did, judas also but their is difference in all. he dat is ready for christ will sacrifice all b4 d real spirit can duel in him. no substutute 4 heaven or hell, u shall no d truth and d truth shall set u FREE. Jesusu Christ is d ONLY way to heaven, seek to meet him and u will never regret. i love u but Jesus does beta.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by manmustwac(m): 12:22am On Oct 21, 2009
e4emma:

I ve discovered sometin abt u mr.atheist.i ve realised dat deep down inside u u knw God exist nd u just type in does USELESS coment of urs just becos u knw dat people wil post facts back at u.STOP NOW b4 u incur d ANGER of God.
I disagree with you, your not a mind reader so u can't say that deep down Athiests believes god exist that Athiests dose believe in god and even if he dose incur the anger of god. Trust me nothing will happen to him. It will be as if god dosen't exist.  smiley
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by nich(m): 6:40pm On Oct 29, 2009
@ topic,

ehen! so peoples wey dey think like this dey this land! cry cry cry
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by neowelsh(m): 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2009
stupid tread
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by chillykelly86(m): 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
Atheists: My biggest problem with the Christianity was  that they  have a god who creates  an imperfect creation  and then expects that creation to  live up to his standards. Failure to live up to his standards will result in eternal damnation ! Truth be told there isn't one  redeeming feature in Christianity.

My dear, first of all, at the point where you are, I think the first question to answer is, Do you believe God exists? You can contact me personally through the email address on my profile. I hope we can discuss as much as possible in-depth.
Thanks
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by Nobody: 2:27am On Feb 03, 2013
Atheists: My biggest problem with the Christianity was  that they  have a god who creates  an imperfect creation  and then expects that creation to  live up to his standards. Failure to live up to his standards will result in eternal damnation ! Truth be told there isn't one  redeeming feature in Christianity.

and ur point is?
Re: I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light by Nobody: 2:45am On Feb 03, 2013
sara j: I do not know what to make of born again
Christians. In a way I admire them but at
the same time,
do they choose to be born again because they
fear the prospect of being tortured in hell for
eternity or because they genuinely want to
be good people for the sake of being good?
My bet is that it is for their own selfish reasons
(i.e they do not want to go to hell)
If you told them in the morning that hell dosen't
exist you can be  sure they would go back
to their old ways!
I believe the real genuine people are the good ones.
Therefore born again Christians are guilt trpped into
born again. Born again are the very same people
who had a black heart before they became born again
yet there are so many people BORN with a good heart
so what makes the born agains think they are going
to heaven. Because thay are guilt tripped? I don't
think so.
Thank God I am a Catholic. We are too smart for
this born again for my own interests nonsesne!!

**knock knock**wake up***hello.....u are getting things all wacked up...people who followed christ were first called christians in antioch a litle insight(in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians." The second mention of the term follows in Acts 26:28, where Herod Agrippa II replies to Paul the Apostle, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?" The third and final New Testament reference to the term is in 1 Peter 4:16, which exhorts believers, "...if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name."wink...born agains=christians catholics=christians...Jesus Said to thomas i paraphrase"he who is not against us is surely for us"so the question is are u claiming to be a catholic nd actually against christians or is it that u dn't understand the desparity betweeb both...***Baby i suggest u go to ur cathechism nd ur way to happiness**dose books will help ya alot.......its no longer abt the header name u bear as per catholic,born again,pentecostal or wat av u?its is abt the teachings of christ ....hw well av u been following it?seek knowledge even if its going to take u to the end of the world*Prophet Moh'd(SAW)said so....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos- Anointment of Celica Church Of Christ Founder's Successor / Should We Sin To Win Souls For Christ? / Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.