Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever (27530 Views)

How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days / Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market / Naira Crashes To N285/$1 At Interbank Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Okakanu: 9:13am On Aug 05, 2016
We voted for change not knowing the kind of change we are voting for. Very soon dollar go reach #1000.
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 05, 2016
2sexynet:
cheesy some people do not know, using 30 years as a yardstick to amassing wealth really shows the kind of mind he has, when some boys are raking in 15-20 million naira pure profit per year from doing business.
its not every mention you replay na, for their small mind it will take 30yrs to have 24 million God forbid.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by erico2k2(m): 9:18am On Aug 05, 2016
grossintel:
its not every mention you replay na, for their small mind it will take 30yrs to have 24 million God forbid.
As U dey so,U don get N5M in ur bank at any one time
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Zdoh(m): 9:42am On Aug 05, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Wow
I so much love Buhari, he made many of us millionaires in just 6 months.
I hope he rules Nigeria for 90 years

Can you just calculate how much $5000 (little change) is in naira
Nice one bro! I sent you Pm.
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 05, 2016
erico2k2:

As U dey so,U don get N5M in ur bank at any one time
see question na from my mouth u wan here am
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by ghostmist: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
It is called stop loss.

My position:

1). Anyone but GEJ.

2). As I always say, Buhari is nothing without Idiagbon.

I didn't push your finger to vote for Buhari. As an adult, you should take full responsibility for your vote. From all indications, ain't stepping into Nigeria until after 2019 or Buhari changes.
I wish all of you the best.
\
grin

Holy shiit... you're tactically washing your hands off the mess you helped get us into.

na to emigrate sure pass now..

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by musicwriter(m): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2016
I've always maintained the Naira will peg at N500/$1 within 1 year of devaluation. Then, the IMF and world bank will come in and finish us off. And when they do, expect the Naira at N1,000/$1
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by dayosweetness(m): 9:53am On Aug 05, 2016
otokx:
It will still crash more; it should be 1000 by December.
And what is in it for you??...

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by erico2k2(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2016
grossintel:
see question na from my mouth u wan here am
story 4 the gods anyway make I leave this matta here,Im sure U know where I was coming frm.
in your present Job honest wages you aint gonna save that no way
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by erico2k2(m): 9:55am On Aug 05, 2016
musicwriter:
I've always maintained the Naira will peg at N500/$1 within 1 year of devaluation. Then, the IMF and world bank will come in and finish us off. And when they do, expect the Naira at N1,000/$1
when it gets there would it stop? I dont think so unless something is done
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by tunde1200(m): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2016
otokx:
It will still crash more; it should be 1000 by December.

and what will you benefit from it...?
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by EmekaBlue(m): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2016
Sai baba....700#=1dollar loading
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 05, 2016
erico2k2:

story 4 the gods anyway make I leave this matta here,Im sure U know where I was coming frm.
in your present Job honest wages you aint gonna save that no way
You don't even know me or what I do for a living so you can assume anything you want. In as much as the economy is bad a lot of people in this country only read it on the news but they are still getting richer that is life. So don't sit their and conclude you know people on nairaland because they are activate
Users.
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by InvertedHammer: 9:59am On Aug 05, 2016
Ruchidera:
THe fact remains you're still a Nigerian and will one day come back to meet the poo except you want to become a vagabon which I don't wish you.
I still remembered vividly the way you campaigned for Buhari embarassed

BUHARI is a complete id.iot!

If you see me in Nigeria, stone me.

Massive liquidation of movable assets in progress.

I have no immediate family members in Nigeria.

My only access to Nigeria is here and some listservs.

It is over!
\
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by erico2k2(m): 10:01am On Aug 05, 2016
grossintel:
You don't even know me or what I do for a living so you can assume anything you want. In as much as the economy is bad a lot of people in this country only read it on the news but they are still getting richer that is life. So don't sit their and conclude you know people on nairaland because they are activate
Users.
guy your life is on nairaland, go check your previous post, you lot seem to forget when you post on line you leave digital finger prints, go and check you post from 2010 then come back, why did you think I was confident you do not have N5m in ur bank

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 05, 2016
erico2k2:

guy your life is on nairaland, go check your previous post, you lot seem to forget when you post on line you leave digital finger prints, go and check you post from 2010 then come back, why did you think I was confident you do not have N5m in ur bank
Are you sure it's my account your checking? It was created in 2013 and my first post ever was in 2016. Even if you say 2010 if you haven't made it yet in 6 yrs after school you need to invite Jesus. But wait o why u carry my matter for head like this guy?
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by iykedare(m): 10:15am On Aug 05, 2016
baby124:
When we said the rate should be controlled. The *economists* came and were screaming about unrealistic things. Now it's on a free fall, you people are crying. You never see anything yet.

The economists we have in this country have failed us. Their school fees should have been used for something better. They were shouting floating policy,now see where it has taken us to.
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by girl4rmspace(f): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2016
aminho:
Remember what Dangote said!
what did he say?
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by erico2k2(m): 10:28am On Aug 05, 2016
grossintel:
Are you sure it's my account your checking? It was created in 2013 and my first post ever was in 2016. Even if you say 2010 if you haven't made it yet in 6 yrs after school you need to invite Jesus. But wait o why u carry my matter for head like this guy?
yeh was a typo, but chey we dey discos nah ,in other news I just realize how old you are,I can now free you with your thought,your frame of mind is def going to be diff frm mine.
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 05, 2016
erico2k2:

yeh was a typo, but chey we dey discos nah ,in other news I just realize how old you are,I can now free you with your thought,your frame of mind is def going to be diff frm mine.
Okay o wink
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Ugosample(m): 10:36am On Aug 05, 2016
49cents:

What do you mean by control?

Value is determined by supply an demand and not by control not by any armchair control

How would N199 pegging affect the price in a black market? If not only making round tripping extremely tempting?

FG has made 130 naira per dollar more since the devaluation

FG needs more to encourage more export, backward integration, buying Naija....

Instead the NASS bought Prados rather than Innosson jeeps and you wonder why dollar is on free fall!!!!

Don't mind them......

holding the peg would have depleted the reserves
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by musicwriter(m): 10:38am On Aug 05, 2016
erico2k2:

when it gets there would it stop? I dont think so unless something is done

That's a good question.

It will not stop. Infact, our condition would start getting really worse then, because at that point Nigeria will become desparate and will accept ''any'' IMF and world bank trojan offer of help. All those offer Buhari previously rejected, he will be begging to have them. By then both the IMF and world bank know we have no power and they'll help us initiate policies to keep on devaluating the Naira until the Naira gets to N1,000/$1. That would be the phase one.

Once they have destroyed the Naira and our purchasing power they'll have us take lots of loan after which they'll leave us and have us start servicing huge loans we have collected from them. Even if we don't have money to service our loans, they'll give us more loan to service the existing loans!. That is, Nigeria will totally become a begger nation unable to do anything again without the world bank and IMF. At that point they could have their front companies buy the NNPC as scrap, buy the Nigeria railway, buy our electricity companies, anything of value would be bought by foreign companies ''to help us raise money''. This's the phase two and it's really what their goal is- to control the resources and economy of third world countries.

That's how we incurred huge national debts between the 80's-90's and couldn't have money again to fund any project at home, as any money we made was used to service IMF and world bank loan, until OBJ came in and initiated the ''cancel the debts'' effort.

We're in for a serious rough ride.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by victorv12(m): 10:57am On Aug 05, 2016
We're doomed in this country.
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 05, 2016
ERCROSS:

Lolzzzz... oya clap for yourself
chebi na u be the president
Abi if Government refuse to do tinz expected of them,
what will a common man do...
Broh... Prayers work more than sentiment in changing the heart of a man

Even God himself said 'There is a time for everything"..
Blacks leave it all to God to do,
Not saying i don't believe in God, but what am saying is when you have bad roads, God cannot use magical
powers from heaven to fix it for you, rather he has given us the knowledge to tackle it.

Unlike the whites, They invest their lifetime researching and creating new things while simultaneously believing in God,
But the Blacks, An average black man believes whatever misfortunes he faces can be linked to some Nebulous spirit...
Am not pointing fingers to you cause is really not our fault but the fault of our forefathers....

we perceive the whites as been super intelligent due to their milestones, but if we blacks can put aside our differences and religion for once and start creating something.. then we can move forward as a continent suppose to.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by baby124: 11:13am On Aug 05, 2016
iykedare:

The economists we have in this country have failed us. Their school fees should have been used for something better. They were shouting floating policy,now see where it has taken us to.
It should have been used to buy toilet roll so we can all collectively wipe out yansh with it! Rubbish...
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by forkadict(m): 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
We really need to get an ambulance on standby so that by the time the dollar is through with the naira, we can rush the naira to intensive care unit.

Anapa leleyi o.
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by DonX001: 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
2sexynet:
You can. If you have some internet skills, freelance. If you love writing, I could connect you to a Nigerian who earns as much as $5000-10,000 per month writing for companies around the world, most those contents you see on forbes, huffpost, inc are paid for as much as $100/ article. He is currently doing a free "hold me by the hand and show me behind the scene" training on facebook group. Many Nigerians are now turning to internet business, especially freelancing.

2sexy, kindly connect me with the guy.
You could PM me.
Or should I PM you, ....or you'll post it here.
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by princeonx: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
ERCROSS:

Lolzzzz... oya clap for yourself
chebi na u be the president
Abi if Government refuse to do tinz expected of them,
what will a common man do...
Broh... Prayers work more than sentiment in changing the heart of a man
Ok keep praying and let me know when you're done. This your mentality is the reason why we have the highest number of both churches and pastors in the world yet we keep going from frying pan to fire.
FYI I pray daily but I pray for things unknown to me, not for electricity, water, hospital, gas or tomatoes price, and good road. Those are US government job and while praying, I thank God for them and this country regardless of the short come! But if you chose to keep arguing, then tell me how your prayers will change the exchange rate while you have a so called government that took almost a year to announce budget and name ministers.
BTW exchange rate was less than #100 to a $1 when I left Nigeria. Heading to 2 decades later, your churches and pastors Don multiply times 10 yet things are getting worst! No let me start this morning oh! Just keep praying!
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by 2sexynet: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
DonX001:

2sexy, kindly connect me with the guy.
You could PM me.
Or should I PM you, ....or you'll post it here.
https://web./yourfirstonethousand/ there you go. Read and take action.
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by 2kurupt(m): 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Wow
I so much love Buhari, he made many of us millionaires in just 6 months.
I hope he rules Nigeria for 90 years

Can you just calculate how much $5000 (little change) is in naira

$5000 is not "little change" even in the US, get your facts right
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Decryptor(m): 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
numericalguy:
Hmmm.. This is serious.
I remembered during the electioneering days, some people were telling us how Buhari was coming to make one Naira equal to one USD

Most of those people can't even find garri to drink now sef
Re: Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
erico2k2:

THERE IS NON,unless you are on the top flight job,Banks and Oil sector.Both my parents are TOP civil servants, Dad chat accountant and Mum Head Mistress.So I do know what I'm talking about.My Dad's fuel consumption alone is average N50K a month when you add Generator fuel to it, abeg nor even let me start.
Paid employment well maybe but in business setting, na lie o!
For an average igbo man doing business at alaba or idumota. He can get 24million naira in cash or asset in 30yrs. There are plenty evidences around me, so I cannt argue that.
Infact I'v come to the conclusion that an average business trader makes more money than average salary earner.
You are also forgetting that the individual investment skill. Someone that's quite savvy with land investment or stock trading can grow his money to 20million in 30yrs. Its all bout what's in your brain & how it can be converted to money. But as for trading , average igbo boiz dey make 5million sef in 3yrs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Will Punish Banks, Importers Caught Round-tripping – Buhari / Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars / Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.