Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,787 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria (19880 Views)

Why Is Glo Internet Services So Useless Most Times / Is Glo Internet Services Super Fast Now? / MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by justicejay(m): 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
justicejay:
MTN Nigeria’s subsidiary, Visafone, has
commenced the test-run of its fourth generation
long term evolution (4G LTE) internet technology
service for smartphone users.
MTN said in a statement on Thursday that the roll-
out of the 4G LTE services would help provide
superior high-speed internet services in major
cities to empower Nigerians with the latest mobile
broadband technology.
MTN executive, Amina Oyagbola, said the
company was determined to deepen broadband
penetration in the country.
“Our recent license acquisition further
demonstrates our faith in the future of Nigeria,”
Mrs. Oyagbola said. “We believe in supporting the
positive transformation of Nigeria and we have
demonstrated this belief through the level of our
investment since 2001, which currently stands at
approximately $16 billion.”
General Manager, Consumer Marketing, MTN
Nigeria, Richard Iweanoge, said the specifics of
the test-run and subsequent launch of the 4G LTE
technology would be launched with the sole
objective of providing Nigerians with “the best,
fastest and most competitive ICT services for all
stakeholders”.
He said MTN Nigeria was pleased to set the pace
and breaking new boundaries with the test run,
which would be available for now for only
Visafone customers, currently provisioned on the
800 MHz band.
“When we roll-out fully, especially with our 2.6
GHz spectrum, the launch will help to enhance
customer experience for our over 60 million
subscribers, while ensuring greater coverage,
access, affordability and ultimately a smart
lifestyle for everyone,” he said.
He said the 4G LTE roll-out was a demonstration
of the company’s commitment to accelerate the
achievement of the country’s targeted broadband
penetration by 2018.

https://www.today.ng/tech/162537/mtn-lte-internet-services-trial-nigeria

1 Share

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by Gosj01(m): 11:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
Long over-due!

Maturity is when you don't shout 'FTC'.... hope u get?

11 Likes

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by veekid(m): 6:21am On Aug 05, 2016
shocked what's the speed like? I don't trust mtn for anything

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by orlabass(m): 6:22am On Aug 05, 2016
Okay, expired network in western
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by codemaster2much: 6:22am On Aug 05, 2016
If I dial a dial ever on owing agent fulani is it a think but eking commensurate people Pele are they?
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 6:23am On Aug 05, 2016
Better time ahead for association of GSM data cheats, gone are the days when I failed to exhaust my 80gig cheats due to network.

There shall be showers of cheats, this is the promise of 4g,there shall be seasoned refreshing,sent from mtn to is......

Join me in praying for availability of cheats on a 4g network.

Like to say Amen

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by balash(m): 6:23am On Aug 05, 2016
Test Run is supposed to be free? Tell us when we can check it out? I still have my visafone modem, I wee go dust am now now and check whasappp!! If una like make una say make we go pay Buggatti Money Sort of Subscriptions ontop una visafone and expect to see customer!!

Only if it's absolutely cheap cox my swift mifi is serving me judiciously lol

2 Likes

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by Aderupoko2: 6:24am On Aug 05, 2016
OK. That means I need to upgrade my phone to 4g too
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by LEERICIST(m): 6:25am On Aug 05, 2016
A very welcomed development!

1 Like

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by joey150(m): 6:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Your 3g is still like 2g.

This 4g is simply 3.5g

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by amagunnerfan: 6:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Not a fan of MTN but I am hoping against hope that their service for 4G LTE will be top notch and not overly expensive.

Maybe then the likes of spectranet, Swift and Smile will seat up. We need the competition, we need it badly.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by Ijaya123: 6:25am On Aug 05, 2016
When their 3G is yet to be fully established and operational?

Second base jare.
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by seedsower(m): 6:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Monopoly looms everywhere....

MTN acquired the(Nigerian GSM operator's impossible) almighty NCC license through the back door(via visafone acquisition), becomes the only GSM operator in Nigeria with 4th Generation Long Term Evolution (4GLTE) License.

Prospective buyers brace yourselves the price with cost your arms, legs and necks!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by femi4: 6:25am On Aug 05, 2016
I need a new phone....4g compliant
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by willfet: 6:26am On Aug 05, 2016
Woow DAT will be cool with MTN
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by tafabaloo(m): 6:27am On Aug 05, 2016
Waiting....
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by willfet: 6:27am On Aug 05, 2016
Woow DAT will be cool with MTN cheesy
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by allanphash7(m): 6:27am On Aug 05, 2016
Empty-Hen ?

Kolework

1 Like

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 6:28am On Aug 05, 2016
Mtn go hear am this time
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 6:29am On Aug 05, 2016
nigeria is really backward.....when NOKIA,AT andT,INTEL and HUAWEI are already testing 5G....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by driand(m): 6:30am On Aug 05, 2016
For now Just for visafone customers angry

1 Like

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by amagunnerfan: 6:30am On Aug 05, 2016
seunlayi:
Better time ahead for association of GSM data cheats, gone are the days when I failed to exhaust my 80gig cheats due to network.

There shall be showers of cheats, this is the promise of 4g,there shall be seasoned refreshing,sent from mtn to is......

Join me in praying for availability of cheats on a 4g network.

Like to say Amen
This mentality is so wrong. Will you want to set up a company and have people using one tweak to the other to gain unpaid access to your company?

Anyway, only kids like yourself will be looking for tweaks. Those of us who use the network for legit business don't have time for such unreliable and evil methods.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by stano2(m): 6:30am On Aug 05, 2016
Ok.. .
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by OBAGADAFFI: 6:32am On Aug 05, 2016
I hope they will support lots of LTE devices, unlike NTEL that keeps rejecting devices from their LTE network.
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by amagunnerfan: 6:33am On Aug 05, 2016
veekid:
shocked what's the speed like? I don't trust mtn for anything
Mtn and Arsenal have something in common. Both know their customers aren't happy but don't mind as money is rolling in.

Mtn can cheat us for as many years as they want as they know their have the largest coverage. Until other networks seat up, we will sadly complain for long.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by ExInferis(m): 6:34am On Aug 05, 2016
codemaster2much:
If I dial a dial ever on owing agent fulani is it a think but eking commensurate people Pele are they?

No. Only if the slunk gunges in the intermediary gearbox compost gyration, otherwise biafra can unpeel the genetic onion of the alacrity in the opinion.

Stay away from booze

4 Likes

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 05, 2016
let's see how good this will be.
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 05, 2016
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by mesoprogress(m): 6:39am On Aug 05, 2016
Available bandwidth is more important than the platform. You can have 4G LTE framework without having enough bandwidth available, the quality of service will still be crappie. They should fine-tune their 3G service which is presently not optimal. Good development anyway.

1 Like

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by Freelancer007(m): 6:40am On Aug 05, 2016
Hmnn... But they should first find ways to reduce the cost of their mtn data plan for Android
Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 6:43am On Aug 05, 2016
amagunnerfan:
This mentality is so wrong. Will you want to set up a company and have people using one tweak to the other to gain unpaid access to your company?

Anyway, only kids like yourself will be looking for tweaks. Those of us who use the network for legit business don't have time for such unreliable and evil methods.

Orí ẹ gbá lé

7 Likes

Re: MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria by jazinogold(m): 6:45am On Aug 05, 2016
nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com / Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products / SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.