Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% (28572 Views)

FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads / FG Moves To Reopen Peter Odili’s N100bn Fraud Case / Court Case Stalls N833bn Stamp Duty Fund Utilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by WhatOnEarth: 9:08am On Aug 06, 2016
Each time I hear this research and development I wonder what they are researching and developing. You haven't fully utilized available research and you want to keep searching what others have finished searching and indexed.

Endtime R&D.

Nigeria and Confusion dey like

4 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2016
Ineffectual bunch of dumb r.etards!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by bkool7(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2016
Nelkoko:
tell me how hard life is under Jonathan and here is how it is under Ameer Cassandra

Bursted !

wailing Zombie ...this didn't happen in Nigeria and it happened years ago .

google.com/search?q=African+children+drinking+dirty+water+&btnG=&client=ms-opera-mini-android&tbm=isch

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by codedguy1(m): 9:26am On Aug 06, 2016
They want to black out the sun by 85%

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by nonjebose(m): 9:27am On Aug 06, 2016
What happened to providing pre-paid meters. All these merry go round, eh
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by 2odd(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2016
Like seriously ?
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by chimauga(m): 9:39am On Aug 06, 2016
More of zombies are like........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 06, 2016
abouzaid:
this people are not serious, what are we consuming that would need to be reduced? how many Nigerians can afford the initial capital investment for solar energy? besides solar technology is not yet mature enough for most Nigerians to go completely off grid with a cost advantage.

The aim is to reduce dependency on gas as a power source. As you know supply of gas has been seriously reduced by actions of the NDA militants. It's that simple.
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by WhatOnEarth: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2016
bkool7:

Bursted !

google.com/search?q=African+children+drinking+dirty+water+&btnG=&client=ms-opera-mini-android&tbm=isch

Guy the man didn't say it happened in Nigeria nor did he say it happened today. This is what we call "ILLUSTRATION." And I can tell you I know a place where this is happening as we speak now. But I doubt if you will believe it cos you think everybody who has internet access also has access to good water.

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by dave1614: 9:54am On Aug 06, 2016
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Truly1: 9:55am On Aug 06, 2016
MrPresident1:
The power utilisation reduction strategy that is being used in Nigeria is making sure that power is not available.
Honestly, this PMB govt. appears directionless and is this how we are going to rigmarole for the next 3 years, wonders shall never end.

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by bkool7(m): 10:00am On Aug 06, 2016
WhatOnEarth:

Guy the man didn't say it happened in Nigeria nor did he say it happened today. This is what we call "ILLUSTRATION." And I can tell you I know a place where this is happening as we speak now. But I doubt if you will believe it cos you think everybody who has internet access also has access to good water.

well , if its an illustration , I'm just showing how inapt this particular illustration is.
why not show a picture of events not happening b4 but its happening now .
Wont that type of illustration be more appropriate ?
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by realdevil: 10:01am On Aug 06, 2016
Nigerians relase! This government is for the well being and betterment of all Nigerian citizens. The APC lead government still have a lot of cuts to make. Not only in power, but in other sectors. All these will improve the standard of living of Nigerians grin

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Deenite(m): 10:04am On Aug 06, 2016
Dis onu of a guy is pulling a publicity stunt, he just want nigerians to pounce on his name for d 1st tym, if not wat is 85% of no electricity. Or does he mean dey r going to start removing the transformers installed.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by ajepako(f): 10:05am On Aug 06, 2016
Cut unavailable light by another 85%?

Make una kukuma comot sunlight na....

The thunder that will fire this APC has recruited 100000 lT students...

Awon werey..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by mmsen: 10:07am On Aug 06, 2016
Why don't they cut themselves off from power by divesting power to states and/or regional governments.

Stop this foolish unitary nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by lizzy5: 10:07am On Aug 06, 2016
k
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by WestAfricanGoon: 10:08am On Aug 06, 2016
What 1st world nations have not done, you want "developing" country like Nigeria to try. With all the corruption... Smh... This is another lai mohammed

4 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by mekonglobal(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2016
I didnt understanding a thing here, what power re they going to reduce?..Generator power i guess..

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by uzolexis(f): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2016
bkool7:

Bursted !

Olodo, he is not saying it happened in Nigeria, he is just using it to illustrate his point
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by repogirl(f): 10:40am On Aug 06, 2016
....from the same man who was very excited that Nigeria would begun producing pencils in two years.. clowns!
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by SIRJENTLE: 10:49am On Aug 06, 2016
please I need to understand if they are talking of power reduction or upgrade.
people are lamenting of power power supply and the APC are u talking of power reduction as if we were experiencing high power supply.
WE DON ENTER
APC = ONE CHANCE.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Cargoed: 10:52am On Aug 06, 2016
We need to come together and think, our Elect power issues did not start today...it has been the same since 1984 but almost zero now.

What can we do for our country not what can our politicians do for us

If we reduce consumption by buying energy efficient devices this will go a long way. Secound hand fridge with 500watt will cost more later.

If we all go Solar with energy efficient bulbs even if it can only carry light bulbs you will be surprise the results you will get,
we have no excuse for beign in darkness all night.

If we train more technicians in energy conservation and not just energy production, You see buldings beign built without any natural cooling.

If engineers can spend some few minutes on research and not just dumping technology from the west that are too expensive or non adaptive.

If Factory owners can produce at offpeak time, like night shifts to reduce peak power drainage.

If distribution companies can store some of the electricity they have at offpeak times. Energystorage systems.

If banks can get involved by lending to solar/hybrid developers.

And so on ..... It will take Nigeria 30yrs at this rate to meet half the demand if wait for our politicians.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by truthhurts2: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2016
idupaul:
This govt and it's appointees though ..what kind of balderash idea is this ..So the plan is now for people to buy 50 KVA solar of grid system.
balderdash
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by abouzaid: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2016
greenpasture:

The aim is to reduce dependency on gas as a power source. As you know supply of gas has been seriously reduced by actions of the NDA militants. It's that simple.
reduce dependency on gas at a time we're the highest gas flaring nation on earth? bros we need to burn more gas not reduce it. let the president seek for a peaceful end to the Niger Delta problem like yarduab and Jonathan did, Britain warned him that deploying soldiers against the avengers would likely end up as a disaster yet he ignored them, let him tow the path of peace rather than confrontation, we have more meaningful things to deal with, gas flaring been one of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by truthhurts2: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2016
chidibond:
. The truth is that over half the power generated in Nigeria is wasted. Energy consuming products are shipped down here and we don't care. Lights are left on even when we travel. We need to save energy, while working on producing more.
Truth-hurts
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Fidelismaria: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2016
I don't even understand
Wich power do dey wnt to cut
Is it d one wey we neva get
Cursed buffons

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by IrradiatoR: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2016
MrPresident1:
The power utilisation reduction strategy that is being used in Nigeria is making sure that power is not available.

and it's presently at 99% reduction.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by ayooladee(f): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Chudichu(m): 11:13am On Aug 06, 2016
Truth234:

http://investorsking.com/fg-moves-to-cut-power-utilisation-by-85/
Cut power utilization of households? How many households use power? Or is it the power we generate with our GENERATORS they plan cutting? I'm confused.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by 9jatatafo(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2016
Absolute madness reigning supreme in this APC era

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Akinola660: 11:18am On Aug 06, 2016
Rubb!sh!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Three Of Buhari's Ministers Were Saboteurs" - Akamukale, APC BOT / Ambode Accepted Defeat To Avert Impeachment - Punch / Drone View Of APC 'Zone A' Rally In Bida Township Stadium, Niger State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.