Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% (28573 Views)

FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads / FG Moves To Reopen Peter Odili’s N100bn Fraud Case / Court Case Stalls N833bn Stamp Duty Fund Utilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by vicnairaland: 11:27am On Aug 06, 2016
Am surprised at what Fasola is talking about concerning the problem of power in nigeria as he does not know that it has always been corruption and because He has no power to fight it.
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by DengXioping(m): 11:42am On Aug 06, 2016
Confused government. Why take out what you've not even given? How many households can boast of near-steady power supply? And they want to cut down what is not even there in the first place.
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by emitheo(m): 11:47am On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:
cry My God! They still want to take away the darkness they are giving us? Abi which power are they talking about exactly?
hahahahakikiki
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Wonderboy1(m): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2016
Hmmmmm.....Nigeria Government...

Just contact us for your diesel generator

Meanwhile for your diesel engine generators check here https://www.nairaland.com/3012099/order-tokunbo-diesel-generators-spare
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by bkool7(m): 11:57am On Aug 06, 2016
uzolexis:

Olodo, he is not saying it happened in Nigeria, he is just using it to illustrate his point

Ok. Lemme dust u up a bit.
So in ur intelligent but pervasively lopsided opinion you felt it's apt to use a situation that cannot happen in Nigeria, and it's outside Nigeria, to illustrate contemporary event in Nigeria?
Why not use something that wasn't happening b4 but's happening now... Wouldn't that be less ambiguous?

Now you know why your likes fail GCE

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by bkool7(m): 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
Why is it this difficult for Nigerian youths to comprehend a simple passage.
What was meant here is to cut the over dependence on gas to get electricity. They're trying to utilize other means of generating power other than gas. The title seems ambiguous too Haba!
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by uzolexis(f): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
bkool7:

Ok. Lemme dust u up a bit.
So in ur intelligent but pervasively lopsided opinion you felt it's apt to use a situation that cannot happen in Nigeria, and it's outside Nigeria, to illustrate contemporary event in Nigeria?
Why not use something that wasn't happening b4 but's happening now... Wouldn't that be less ambiguous?

Now you know why your likes fail GCE

it's ambiguous to you cos you can't wrap your brain around it. all the memes pple use to illustrate their points on NL do they all happen in Nigeria i'm glad i'm not the only one that tried to educate you on this. i see someone else did that too but you still don't get the point....and it also seems like you are the only person that doesn't get the point cos nobody else is finding it difficult to understand what that illustration implies.
now tell me, who is more likely to fail GCE btw the both of us
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by futurenix(m): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
chidibond:
. The truth is that over half the power generated in Nigeria is wasted. Energy consuming products are shipped down here and we don't care. Lights are left on even when we travel. We need to save energy, while working on producing more.

That is why there is need for prepaid meters so everyone will be conscious of wastage.

How many houses have prepaid meters in Nigeria?
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by InvestorGil: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2016
The truth is, a great proportion of energy generated in Nigeria is lost to wasteful consumption habits. Consumption management could improve the overall power situation. It's wise never to criticize what you do not have a clear knowledge/understanding of.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Exponental(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
Can someone pls explain better, I don't understand English again.
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by ceaser: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
Cargoed:
We need to come together and think, our Elect power issues did not start today...it has been the same since 1984 but almost zero now.

What can we do for our country not what can our politicians do for us

If we reduce consumption by buying energy efficient devices this will go a long way. Secound hand fridge with 500watt will cost more later.

If we all go Solar with energy efficient bulbs even if it can only carry light bulbs you will be surprise the results you will get,
we have no excuse for beign in darkness all night.

If we train more technicians in energy conservation and not just energy production, You see buldings beign built without any natural cooling.

If engineers can spend some few minutes on research and not just dumping technology from the west that are too expensive or non adaptive.

If Factory owners can produce at offpeak time, like night shifts to reduce peak power drainage.

If distribution companies can store some of the electricity they have at offpeak times. Energystorage systems.

If banks can get involved by lending to solar/hybrid developers.

And so on ..... It will take Nigeria 30yrs at this rate to meet half the demand if wait for our politicians.

Very valid and reasonable points there. I personally have explored some of those points with astounding results. I have introduced five other colleagues who have also testified to me that their neighbours were all wondering how they have their security lights always on overnight.
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by ceaser: 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
abouzaid:
reduce dependency on gas at a time we're the highest gas flaring nation on earth? bros we need to burn more gas not reduce it. let the president seek for a peaceful end to the Niger Delta problem like yarduab and Jonathan did, Britain warned him that deploying soldiers against the avengers would likely end up as a disaster yet he ignored them, let him tow the path of peace rather than confrontation, we have more meaningful things to deal with, gas flaring been one of them.

Sadly, petrochemicals that should be our way out of a quagmire has now turned out to be the problem itself. NDAs can only hold people to ransom for reliance on the product. Why d'you think the US and several other developed nations are moving away from fossil fuel to cleaner, renewable solutions? The oil has become an unnecessary burden on the world due to the likes of ISIS, ISIL and now NDA, well in a smaller dimension. Germany is the largest producer of energy supplied cheaply as at today (they produced excess last year that citizens were being begged to use it up, yet these same german citizens still constitute the number that preordered Tesla's home battery solution (a form of off-grid power solution).

Yes we flare gas and we really need to utilize this thing, maybe export it as Russia exports her gas to other countries but delta agitation will preclude that. Please note that I am not against resource control, but I am not for senseless and selfish approaches either. Only Ken Saro Wiwa fought the ND agitation selflessly. Others like Tompolo, NDA et al all do so to make money. That is why it os not reasonable to concede to them because doing so will not solve the problem in the region, like it has been for years even after several indulgences from the FG.
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Wh0AmI(m): 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2016
cornelin:
I am not understanding
read the last two paragraphs...
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Joker123: 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
You can never generate enough power in this country if our usage habits are still trashy...One person would have 4 Air conditioners,washing machine,electric Cooker,2 refrigerators....and keep lights and fridges on and travel!

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Motion123(m): 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
Nice to hear
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by nwamehn: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
chidibond:
. The truth is that over half the power generated in Nigeria is wasted. Energy consuming products are shipped down here and we don't care. Lights are left on even when we travel. We need to save energy, while working on producing more.

Please be serious naah, this no be joking matter. U mean to tell me that u support the federal government reducing our power consumption by 85% whereas the power we have isn't even sufficient for us to live and do businesses profitably without external aids like fuel generators?
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by blackprowler: 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
chidibond:

My dya brother, it's more than 50%. I've been worrying about this issue a long time since I got in the energy business. Just one shop on my street in Ibadan: it is 5am, hardly anyone outdoors, I pass by only to see 4 100w bulbs on as NEPA restores light. Now, those lights don't seem to have a switch cos they're on, day and night whenever there's light. The same owner of the shop would be arguing that bill is expensive when they tell her to pay maybe 1000 a month. Do the maths at 20something naira per kilowatt-hour for only those 4 outside bulbs. She still has appliances inside, of course. Now, I design solar solutions. For you to have a solar solution for 500w load, in today's prices, you need over 1 million naira. Will she pay? We don't do our part to solve problems we face in this country because the Nigerian was brought up to blame government for any and everything
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2016
abouzaid:
reduce dependency on gas at a time we're the highest gas flaring nation on earth? bros we need to burn more gas not reduce it. let the president seek for a peaceful end to the Niger Delta problem like yarduab and Jonathan did, Britain warned him that deploying soldiers against the avengers would likely end up as a disaster yet he ignored them, let him tow the path of peace rather than confrontation, we have more meaningful things to deal with, gas flaring been one of them.

No sane country in the modern era relies on one source of energy. When you see the leverage that Russia has over Ukraine, you understand the dangers of single source energy. This why you have the term " energy mix" if Nigeria can attain the right balance or mix it will have enough for export and the overdue NLNG trains can finally get built. Algeria even at 40% reduction in 2015 gas prices, earned $35 billion. Money Nigeria can do with.
Re: FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% by muller101(m): 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
If u are into production. Make use of steam engines. Contact me for supply and installation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Buhari Is Not Better, He Will Never Return. Osinbajo, Stop The Lies” – FFK / Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP / Amaechi: Money Jonathan Left Behind Couldn’t Sustain Nigeria Three Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.