Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari (720 Views)

FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes / I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns / Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by gidiloaded(f): 7:18am On Aug 06, 2016
Following the incessant clashes between herdsmen and farmers across the federation, President Muhammadu Buhari has said that his administration would not tolerate any acts of banditry and criminality.

He said that the security agencies in the country had been mandated to adequately deal with such act as it was capable of truncating the peace of the country.

It will be recalled that there had been frequent clashes between fulani herdsmen and farmers in many States particularly in Benue, Enugu, Adamawa, Ekiti which claimed several lives. There had been a growing impression in some quarters that President Buhari had not come all out to condemn the herdsmen and find lasting solution to the problem despite ordering the security apparatus of the country to quell the clashes which they always fail to do.

But speaking yesterday at the graduation ceremony of the National Defence College, NDC, for Course 24 in Abuja, the president said his government was out to deal decisively with the matter.

He also said that steps were being taken to rebuild the insurgency ravaged north east and tackle the emerging issues of restiveness and bombing of oil installations in the Niger Delta.

He said:
“On the matter of Herdsmen/Farmers clashes, I wish to state that this Administration will not tolerate or condone acts of banditry and criminality, under any guise.

As such, our security agencies have been mandated to deal with such acts decisively. “Let me state that this Administration has been working assiduously in conjunction with our local and international partners, to rebuild damaged communities in North East part of our country.
Similarly, we are committed to tackling the issues of underdevelopment and neglect in the Niger Delta area

This is a priority we have set before us and we intend to make appreciable gains in correcting the ills of the past in the Niger Delta by assuaging inherent grievances.”

The president also reiterated his pact with Nigerian upon his assumption of office, saying he was still committed to securing the country, improving the economy and fighting corruption. To this end, the president said his administration had recover billions of Naira from individuals and organizations.

“You will all recall that on being sworn into office on 29 May 2015, I outlined certain core areas of our national life that require immediate intervention, some of which I would like to reiterate here today. First, we should seek to secure the country, improve the economy and fight corruption. As it is, this is our unfinished business from the past and dates back to the creation of our republic, yet to this day, corruption and poverty remain our main national problems.’’

http://www.gidiloaded.com/forum/71-herdsmen-farmers-clash-i-wont-tolerate-acts-of-criminality-buhari

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by HungerBAD: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2016
I believe you.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by dannyben5: 7:23am On Aug 06, 2016
Hmm...na so e go fes talk....

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by Mynd44: 7:24am On Aug 06, 2016
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by izzou(m): 7:25am On Aug 06, 2016
T
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by Qmerit(m): 7:28am On Aug 06, 2016
dannyben5:
Hmm...na so e go fes talk....

Morning bros! He nor talk you ask why/quarrel, he talk tough na, same you say
Naso he go first talk.. wetin u say make he do.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by Afz9095(m): 7:31am On Aug 06, 2016
Abeg make baba go slp, we all knw dat he cn neva hurt his broda no matter wot dey do 2 other citizen, wot he supposed 2 say is dat he will nt tolerate any act of banditry and criminality carry out against his brodas, he neva talk wen his brodas her carryin out dis act but nw dat it other arround he is ready 2 act. NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by ritababe(f): 7:31am On Aug 06, 2016
ok
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by nnol(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2016
bt his administration will tolerate giving northerners federal appointmemt only#issorite
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by dannyben5: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2016
Qmerit:

na him knw,e no even concern me...

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by Qmerit(m): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2016
dannyben5:
na him knw,e no even concern me...

Lol e concern us ohhh, peace we need in this country.. We can manage the recession for na not war.
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by excellencyabia1: 7:47am On Aug 06, 2016
It seems that the blood sacrifice needed for now is ok.
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by moyakz(m): 7:54am On Aug 06, 2016
buhari day just break abi?hope he is not planning to fight the 'peaceful nomads' from libya?or are they now nigerians?
what a confused president!
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by idupaul: 7:59am On Aug 06, 2016
Qmerit:

What exactly did he talk?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by mamaafrik(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2016
Mr. President is said to be biased and from all look of situation it seem so,words are good but actions are best.burutai.........,you self is expecting a "go ahead before you do your job",silly conconbilities.
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 06, 2016
My faith in this govt is fast going extinct.... this was not the plan we had from the onset....
Re: Herdsmen/farmers Clash: I Won’t Tolerate Acts Of Criminality- Buhari by Qmerit(m): 10:08am On Aug 06, 2016
idupaul:

What exactly did he talk?

ask google is ur friend just like Nigerian police

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Depart 4 N'Djamena,Chad 2 Attend Inauguration Of President Idris Deby(pix / An Important Question Nigerians Should Ask About Aisha Buhari's Travel Scandal / Odenigbo FM To Host Former Anambra Comissioner For Information Tomorrow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.