Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? (51856 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night / Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by pippimp(m): 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
dry.....its better to marry an humble gal than a proud one....just because a country is liberal does not give a woman the right to misbehave....Nigerian ladies at home are more well-behaved than thosed abroad,....fact!!!

The average Nigerian cannot survive with a confident self assured woman. Where a woman can buy her own house, car, and anything she wants. That is what a normal society provides and what you are not used to in Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by AreaFada2: 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
After seeing one uneducated rather fat lady kicked my friend out repeatedly, I can relate. She did it after nearly every slight argument.

Sometimes after 10 pm, even midnight. Because she rented the flat. Yet my friend paid most of the bills.

She claimed she wanted to teach him a lesson.

She became annoyed with me for taking my friend in each time.

Luckily he moved on and has a great family now.

16 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by bezimo(m): 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
Because Nigerian ladies abroad tend to be more bitchy and arrogant in behaviour and attitude when compared to the white girls.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by busomma: 11:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
I am writing from point of experience having lived here in America for 29yrs. When it was time to marry 21yrs ago it was trendy to marry from Nigeria based on the false notion that real men marry real Nigerian girls cos of the difficulties in bringing the women down here to America. That trend has since shifted to "smart guys" marry Nigerian ladies in America for the simple fact that when Nigerian ladies arrive America,in a space of 3yrs,they tend to be more difficult to deal with than those that knows how the society functions. That's why there are so much cases of divorce among Nigerians in the U.S. Nigerian women in America are no worse than their Nigeria - residing counterparts. It's a matter of choice.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by babyfaceafrica: 11:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
pippimp:

The average Nigerian cannot survive with a confident self assured woman. Where a woman can buy her own house, car, and anything she wants. That is what a normal society provides and what you are not used to in Nigeria.
that's a lie...change the type of men you move with!!!....I like confident ladies,but dislike proud ones

13 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by siegfried99(m): 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
waltinnovers:
Majority of Nigerian girls or ladies over there are runs babe, they fvck to live, and they don't hid it and these guys know very well what they are doing, so if they finally one to marry, the will come back here even though the ones here do fvck, it be seen as a local fvck still have some respect internationally but international fvcker don't have any more respect. They are it is finished as Jesus said.
Ka Chineke mesieee okwu
Saalam

Lwkm

grin grin cheesy

* * falls from ugu tree *** cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by bezimo(m): 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
DICKtator:
They travel abroad, start growing wings and are no longer submissive.

If the guy does anyhow they call police

When they divorce him ,they get all his stuffs

They become overexposed and carefree
They lose the African woman identity Fela spoke about

Not all though, some are just cool and virtuous.
And some of those that marry from Nigeria,they prefer leaving their wives in Nigeria so they don't have stories that touches to share!!!
Not all though,there are always exceptions to every case.

grin grin grin grin

Exactly.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by abbey621(m): 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ugosample:

Don't get my point wrong....
What you listed up there are good values.

I'm talking of the extreme cases......
Like feeling you have the right to treat your wife as shit (many men from Nigeria have no problems with this, we both know that)

Deliberate misbehaviour (We know we are all human and we make mistake, but doing things anyhow, because you feel your wife can not do shot is 19th cemtury thinking)

And the list goes on.

He/She who does not value family should not get married )

Agree! What I believe causes instances of such abuse in Nigeria is the fact that women go into marriage thinking the men are the sole providers and fully contented to be a liability. It is human nature to become frustrated at one point or the other. This is why I partially agree with some principles of feminism as long as it is done in moderation.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by ohil: 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
Marrying ladies abroad is like investing in Nigeria stock exchange as an Investor (not a Speculator) because what you laboured for will be taken away at your old age. They know the Law and it works at their own (Ladies) favour. They have scammed many men including my own family but..... to God be the Glory.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by kingkhalifaISIS(m): 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2016
why is it that celebrities hardly marry themselves... if u can solve the puzzle u will know the reason why overseas folks prefer homemade agege bread than oyimbo half baked bread

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by bezimo(m): 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2016
Welcomme:
Is better one marries a white lady abroad than our sisters over there ..
you can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by 1960chat: 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
him,...mm
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
Orubebe01:
Just wondering why majority of them always rush back home to marry when there are handful of Nigerian ladies where they reside. Does it mean that none of them are wife material or what.
dude, the place permits you to exhibit all the evil in your heart so long as it is done within the ambit of the law; furthermore, the law is lopsidedly in favor of the women...if you make mistake marry a black woman whether she's a citizen, born, naturalised or stayed here for more than 3yrs...na im be say you don carry gbege!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by pippimp(m): 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
that's a lie...change the type of men you move with!!!....I like confident ladies,but dislike proud ones

Lol...ok.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by tosyne2much(m): 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2016

Cc
Egbon Truckpusher
Prof Ronald4lif
cool
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by eddybekp(m): 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
You want marry ashawo?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Burgerlomo: 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
DICKtator:
They travel abroad, start growing wings and are no longer submissive.

If the guy does anyhow they call police

When they divorce him ,they get all his stuffs

They become overexposed and carefree
They lose the African woman identity Fela spoke about

Not all though, some are just cool and virtuous.
And some of those that marry from Nigeria,they prefer leaving their wives in Nigeria so they don't have stories that touches to share!!!
Not all though,there are always exceptions to every case.

grin grin grin grin

Thumbs up, please go to mama chibuka and tell her to give you 1 chill biggie (stout), and a plate of pepper soup. You don't need to say thank you grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:
The Nigerians in Maryland are nothing to write home about.

Loud mouthed, foul mouthed, Use feminism to hide their stupidity_ and above all they are not appealing...They are as fake as Lai Mohammed...if not faker
but black american and white men rush for them dont they?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
op many of these guys u talking about have serious girlfriends or fiancees back in nigeria so u dont expect them to get married to a total stranger.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
Orubebe01:
Just wondering why majority of them always rush back home to marry when there are handful of Nigerian ladies where they reside. Does it mean that none of them are wife material or what.
They have abandoned their African upbringing and adopt the western ways of marriage where everything is shared. You'll have to beg her when to have sex with her, you'll have to shares all chores even Washington of dishes.

This is my opinion.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by HMZi: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
Green card. White pussy's a different delicacy. Mixed breed kids.et al
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Doctorfitz: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
Na wa ooo,
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Ugosample(m): 11:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
abbey621:

Agree! What I believe causes instances of such abuse in Nigeria is the fact that women go into marriage thinking the men are the sole providers and fully contented to be a liability. It is human nature to become frustrated at one point or the other. This is why I partially agree with some principles of feminism as long as it is done in moderation.

That's the key word bro...
MODERATION
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by nonjebose(m): 11:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
I am here as an observe to read comments alone
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by eddybekp(m): 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
May God save our men from evil women.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by eddybekp(m): 11:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
lefulefu:
op many of these guys u talking about have serious girlfriends or fiancees back in nigeria so u dont expect them to get married to a total stranger.
lefulefu:
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by armyofone(m): 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
grin me too.
Just off the plane and still finding my way around campus tunnel, computer labs, classroom, java/library and the abundant cafeterias on campus etc our brothers doing their PhD were already indirectly talking about marriage and "ring" is ready kinda talk.
Kinda like this one eye never open.
Brothers are cunny.

raumdeuter:
Most people I know married ladies tat are abroad
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by RaeMystix: 11:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
prettythicksme:
They dont take shits!
Hahahahahahaha. grin
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Jacko1(m): 12:00am On Aug 07, 2016
iys better for nigerians abroad to marry nigerian gals abroad

She knows how things go on over ther

Carry gal frm naija to abroad(usually those village ones) their eye will open

So wud u prefer ro marry som1 and his eye open.... They start exploring things on ur head

Or marry the one dat her eye os already opens.... Dont need no drama and just wanna have her nigerian home abroad

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 07, 2016
chachanga:
Boys will date, wine&dine even impregnate these ladies but still run back here for good old "home-loving" when marriage issues arises.

Apart from insane "family pressures" from home, it seems most, are, at heart still just akpu & ewedu boys when the chips are down tongue.
Bone the Brooklyn swags & the Cockney accent; our sociocultural source-points did do a few numbers on us in setting some future marital expectations &sgendas for us also.

The situation gets further worsened when the said ladies too don't seem to realize that some changes do occur, but only trans-generationally and not instantaneously. So as for ur expecting Naija guys to fit the bill of your newfound, "enlightened" or "postmodern man concept, U go jonze tire!

Not many are comfortable with the extreme liberalism, feminism and women's rights practised and available to our sistahs naturalised abroad but they'll date & screw u just d same, only to dump u later or marry home-based Chichi, Enoh or Bola behind ur back!

Hence, You either get ready to search till you find that ur one-in-a-million guy OR you adjust your expectations and start learning to cook more than Chinese Noodles because if u do marry an Ewedu boy or his Akpu counterpart, my dear, you will cook.
And stop praying for your Mother-in-law to die. (the old woman probably attends MFM Church &she's got a few "Back2Sender" prayer-bullets for you too, in case u decide to be a assassin).
I may be wrong but the fault goes both ways.

Girls: Don't nurse "unnecessary" expectations just because dat guy dey folow u do UK Masters. undecided
Boys: Stop screwwing and "partying-hard" with those ladies if you know you'll use it to judge them later! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shakirudeen Adewale Alade A.k.a Boneticsart, British Got Talent Contestant / Nigerian Woman Dies Six Weeks After Her Wedding (photos) / Baby Found In Moremi Female Hostel Toilet In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.