Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. (27818 Views)

Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / Last Car Ever Built Rolls Off Holden Line As Car Manufacturing Ends In Australia / Innoson Motors To Establish World Class Manufacturing Plant In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Obynolee(f): 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
lawani:

What I am trying to make you see is that Innoson too is an assembly plant and that company is ahead of Innoson in Nigeria. Afterall, Mr Innocent Chukwuma is not an Engineer but a spare parts dealer. The foremost indigenous machine part fabricator and equipment designer in Nigeria is Prof G A Makanjuola with his Makstech Nig ltd based in Ilesa. He is also a Prof in the university at Ile Ife and a holder of 3 British patents.

Innoson doesn't assembly but manufactures, he only import chassis and engines the other components are locally sourced, the tyres,bumper and other fittings plastic fittings comes from his plastic industry in Enugu.Him being a spare parts dealer is immaterial because he is not the person making the cars but employs engineers. When he started, each Chinese that was working there has two Nigerians under him to train. At least you I hope you saw different stages of motor making when innoson plant was in the news?,ranging from when it's been fabricated and stage when it's being tested to ensure that water doesn't enter the car and rest of them but all I can see in this picture is fixing of body parts or can you educate me more on this company.

1 Like

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by lawani: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
Obynolee:

Innoson doesn't assembly but manufactures, he only import chassis and engines the other components are locally sourced, the tyres,bumper and other fittings plastic fittings comes from his plastic industry in Enugu.Him being a spare parts dealer is immaterial because he is not the person making the cars but employs engineers. When he started, each Chinese that was working there has two Nigerians under him to train. At least you I hope you saw different stages of motor making when innoson plant was in the news?,ranging from when it's been fabricated and stage when it's being tested to ensure that water doesn't enter the car and rest of them but all I can see in this picture is fixing of body parts or can you educate me more on this company.

There are plastics industries all over Nigerua, there are glass industries too, I think Oluwa Glass industry is one in Ondo. Even Peugeout will buy what is cheap in Nigeria. If you can supply chassis to Peugeout or the Kano company at a good price and at their specification, they will buy from you, even Europeans will buy from you to use in assembly plants in Europe. So, Innoson and that company are in thesame shoes with that company ahead. Now that dollar has skyrocketted, things will be more difficult for importers, though it cuts across. Let everybody support the breakup of the country. That is the only solution and Innoson is not more of a car manufacturer than the Kano company.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
That is very true. I happened to work with one of their dealers in south south years ago and it was awesome being there. They've very good MoU with their dealers. Chai, that work at least was able to provide a comfortable life for me (according to my level then). Not regretting though...at least i needed to further my education. I'm educationally a better person now. When i cross this river (which i am almost), a brighter future sure awaits me.

Oga Magicminister, your boy dey hail o. #ShowSomeLoveAbeg.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by erico2k2(m): 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
XketchDesigns:
this is nice but however, my problem with this has always remained the same.

last year, i worked at a similar company in kano, Although we assembled tricycles imported from india.
the only true manufacture we did was for the aluminium body of the tricycle. it was owned by indians, i am sure this is also owned by indians.
the major issue with this kind of companies that are just springing up all over is that they do not and cannot employ graduates. A graduate has little to do there, most of the jobs are for people that did not go to school, just show them how to put parts together.

Nigeria suppose don pass this level.

Nigeria needs company that employs people that collaborates with car manufacturing companies to code programs for the software used in the cars, design engineers that design if not the engine the other parts, material engineers that can make use of our abundant natural resources.

But we have to start from somewhere, my question, is anyone willing to do trial and error with his or her N20M? cos it might cost 10 times that to trial to manufacture components
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by erico2k2(m): 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
Obynolee:

you are wrong the import %70 of what they use, or can you please show my a pic of an hydrolic press
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by AbuEzeFemi(m): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2017
veekid:
Woooow No wonder the saying "don't tell people your plans; show them result"
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by nnamdi16(m): 7:53am On Mar 21, 2019
sultaan:

But it is a lot better than Innoson's operation they have overhead cranes.

Assembly of chinese parts and logo is still an err they will work on, now its time to get those government and military contracts.

Innoson might have to default on his loans again.

Where are the assemblers getting their forex now?

Don't worry about hard hats, the skull is thick enough

That one oyinbo is engineer enough for that small operation

It's better than Innoson because they have crane Dude the brand 'Innoson' alone is way more than that the this workshop we're seeing here. Ask yourself why no one know of this firm if truly it's operation is productive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brabus Gives Mercedes E-class A Stunning New Look / ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos) / As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.