Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud (29329 Views)

Alleged N108bn Fraud: EFCC Seizes Akpabio’s Wife’s School / EFCC To Seize Patience Jonathan’s Property Nationwide / N108bn Fraud: EFCC To Seize Akpabio’s Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2016
Until DEATH PENALTY is passed on corruption, nig remains a bad joke!
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by bullseye90(m): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2016
sommy03:
Nsutomkpo?
amkpa mien idem ayeneka! dah ufan ado adi inor
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
Nig is long over-due for a rawlings revolution!
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by DedeNkem: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2016
Only in Nigeria would a State Government go to Court to get an interim order barring the EFCC, an anti-corruption agency from investigating a former governor's (Akpabio) administration! It's very interesting!

Akpabio is one of the most corrupt politicians in Nigeria. He's a common THIEF. In fact, he's more corrupt than Ibori, who's currently in jail in the UK. Akpabio looted his State's funds with impunity and was always doling out one million in cash to each corrupt politicians at meetings for "lunch" or "dinner" or "fuel" or "transport", etc. He publicly gave out SUVs as gifts to his fellow corrupt politicians and even built some houses. Even sponsored weddings of some corrupt celebrities and also gave them car gifts!

He did all these while ordinary Akwa Ibom people languish in poverty.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Tokety7: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
DedeNkem:
Only in Nigeria would a State Government go to Court to get an interim order barring the EFCC, an anti-corruption agency from investigating a former governor's (Akpabio) administration! It's very interesting!

Akpabio is one of the most corrupt politicians in Nigeria. He's a common THIEF. In fact, he's more corrupt than Ibori, who's s currently in jail in the UK. Akpabio looted his State's funds with impunity and was always doling out one million in cash to each corrupt politicians at meetings for "lunch" or "dinner" or "fuel" or "transport", etc. He publicly gave out SUVs as gifts to his fellow corrupt politicians and even built some houses.

The colored part is so nauseating. It simply tells u that that entire state stinks of corruption. For years, I Av repeatedly stated that akpabio is a thief. O yes, he built some few world class roads here and there in the state but the eediot had so much to throw away at will also. By the way the eediot was also giving celebrities SUV. Was that ever budgeted for?
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Victorosiah(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
?
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by romme2u: 5:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pennywise:

Everyone from Akwa Ibom except the Ekpenyong guy seem to suffer an epidemic of what is called Stockholm syndrome where a victim feels sympathy, even love for his oppressor. And would want the oppression to continue.

U may get your wish for eternal suffering if you like but not at the expense of Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom is dead without Federal allocation as the law stands whether you produce some oil or not is immaterial.

But this thieving nonentity must be brought to book and his legacy of corrupt enrichment in state house uprooted.

Akwa Ibom citizens (and Nigerians) paid dearly while he was in office and they continue to pay with the obscene and regrettable retirement package he signed for himself while leaving office.

The war against corruption has not started for as long as Akpabio is free.

I have been watching Ekpenyong for sometime, I think he was sent by God to rescue people of Akwa Ibom and the poster of this nonsense above.

Ete go back to ur state and demand development from ur governor. stop taking panadol on another man headache

whether akpabio stole or not is not ur bizness neither are akwa ibom people crying except for few losers who didn't have the opportunity to partake.

tell ur lord and saviour to probe fashola's 78 million website, boreholes and other mundane things with its enormous IGR.

tell him to also probe amaechi's unfinished monorail to know how much was sunk into it before he abandon it.

the last time i check, no nigerian state generates reasonable IGR to maintain their state outside federal allocation. even the much touted lagos is riddled with federal institutions and parastatals, as well as private firms because of its status as former FCT. 70% to 80% of infrastructure in lagos was built by federal government which is generating IGR directly and indirectly to lagos state government.

Remove the log from ur eye first before seeing specks in other people's eye.

last time i check there is no Nigerian state governor that is not grossly corrupt including the people ur lord and saviour is shielding in FEC.

Ete cry your own cry next time.
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by romme2u: 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
DedeNkem:

Akpabio is one of the most corrupt politicians in Nigeria. He's a common THIEF. In fact, he's more corrupt than Ibori, who's currently in jail in the UK. Akpabio looted his State's funds with impunity and was always doling out one million in cash to each corrupt politicians at meetings for "lunch" or "dinner" or "fuel" or "transport", etc. He publicly gave out SUVs as gifts to his fellow corrupt politicians and even built some houses. Even sponsored weddings of some corrupt celebrities and also gave them car gifts!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4053380_388294524894jpeg213513ff3bc775663792536c7cd9a614_jpegea9b7c2bbaf8370f1d3374ffe300346a
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by awa(m): 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sunnycliff:
As usual, we are entering a new week and a new distraction has to be released to the gullible zombies so that they won't be able to ask for democracy dividends in their slave master's manifestoes!

Sunny Bobo you are on point.

I am not from Akwa Ibom state but I have been to that state before and after Akpabio Governorship and all I have to say is that if 2% of all elected Officials over the years have done what Akpabio did in that state then Nigeria would have turn to Dubai.

I challenge Akwa Ibomites if they fail to rally round Akpabio by standing up in his defence they might never have such a proactive Governor anytime soonest.

This is why I feel Buhari's anti corruption war is biased. How can the likes of Tinubu and Amechi be there and EFCC would turn their searchlight on a fairly responsible man that worked for his State.

IF BUHARI CAN DO FOR NIGERIA WHAT AKPABIO DID FOR AKWA IBOM STATE THEN I WILL SINGLEHANDEDLY DEFEAT BH BOYS, NDA, IPOB & OIL PIPELINE VANDALS.

Stop confusing the Zombies giving them the impression you are working.
Can't stop laughing as people are pouring some venom on Akpabio.

Where person dey work na there him dey chop from and na him make Oyibo call am WORK-CHOP.

I rest my case. Zombies oyaaa start insulting me now. Call me Ipob or NDA I don't care....
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by DedeNkem: 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by DeLaRue: 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
About 3 yrs ago, my church located in a SW city went on an outreach to a farm village outside the city.

I was surprised that more than half of the residents in this farm settlement said they were from Akwa Ibom or Cross River State.

This was at a time when Akpabio strode the political landscape like a true profligate giant.

With all I read about the proverbial milk and honey flowing in Akwa Ibom, I'm surprised many of its citizens ended up in the bush in my much poorer State.

What is going on?
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Lexusgs430: 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2016
All ex - Governor's too must be probed
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by andyanders: 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
wastedsperm:
How did a man voted to serve Akwa Ibom for 8 years ended up with over 100 billion naira when most people who worked for 35 years get less than 2 million as gratuity? This is pure wickedness on the part of our evil political class. There is a conspiracy between the elites to keep the masses impoverished so their children and generations can keep ruling and dominating. The church and religious centers in Nigeria are not helping matters hence the reasons why politicians use religion and ethnicity to keep us divided against a united revolution . In poland the end of communism was spearheaded by the church's revolution. Instead of been a tool of revolution against the evil oppression of the political class, Nigerian churches in conjunction with the political class preaches hope, endurance and encourage Nigerians to pray for divine intervention on mere responsibilities of the government while the political class keeps looting the common wealth. Many Nigerians have turned to praying mantis going from vigil to vigil, fellowships to fellowships while their problems and poverty remains the same due to the failure of the government to create an enabling environment. The winners are the politicians who corner the wealth of the country and the pastorprenuers who feeds on government's failure by preaching prosperity, divine intervention in return for your tithes & offerings. Until we understand that our common enemy are the evil politicians and stop calling on God for everything, nothing will change in the status quo. We have to stand up against our oppressors and take the country back. May the looters of our common wealth and their families either in Apc/PDP end up with incurable diseases, pains and afflictions. sad

The truth said. Only a revolution or China/South Korea system of execution of any corrupt officials, can help curtail the pen robbery in our political class. No one among them is a saint. Most Churches has done nothing, rather encourages them to steal by making sure that they pay their tithes regularly as the way out for them. They cannot warn them against stealing. Most of them after stealing, would just start building churches and mosques in order to hide under that act as a saint.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
cupidhero:
T A orji juju too strong! Be like EFCC blind.

The baba that mixed T.Orji's juju is strong. You get im contact?
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Firefire(m): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
wastedsperm:
How did a man voted to serve Akwa Ibom for 8 years ended up with over 100 billion naira when most people who worked for 35 years get less than 2 million as gratuity? This is pure wickedness on the part of our evil political class. There is a conspiracy between the elites to keep the masses impoverished so their children and generations can keep ruling and dominating. The church and religious centers in Nigeria are not helping matters hence the reasons why politicians use religion and ethnicity to keep us divided against a united revolution . In poland the end of communism was spearheaded by the church's revolution. Instead of been a tool of revolution against the evil oppression of the political class, Nigerian churches in conjunction with the political class preaches hope, endurance and encourage Nigerians to pray for divine intervention on mere responsibilities of the government while the political class keeps looting the common wealth. Many Nigerians have turned to praying mantis going from vigil to vigil, fellowships to fellowships while their problems and poverty remains the same due to the failure of the government to create an enabling environment. The winners are the politicians who corner the wealth of the country and the pastorprenuers who feeds on government's failure by preaching prosperity, divine intervention in return for your tithes & offerings. Until we understand that our common enemy are the evil politicians and stop calling on God for everything, nothing will change in the status quo. We have to stand up against our oppressors and take the country back. May the looters of our common wealth and their families either in Apc/PDP end up with incurable diseases, pains and afflictions. sad

Including all those who benefited from their loots. They will all suffer incurable diseases.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by HIPROFILE(m): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
A calculated move geared towards annihilating and tarnishing the image and personality of all PDP potential candidates for 2019 presidential election.

Is Akpabio the only past governor to probe? Where's Amaechi...Fashola etc corruption fighters my ass
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by CharliParker: 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
[quote author=dokunbam post=48277106][/quote] yes they are
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by maasoap(m): 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sunnycliff:
As usual, we are entering a new week and a new distraction has to be released to the gullible zombies so that they won't be able to ask for democracy dividends in their slave master's manifestoes!

Mr Man, it is because of people like you that we will never get that democracy dividends you crave so much for. With this type of massive looting and your your likes who are never concerned, tell me where that democracy dividends will come.
You didn't demand for democracy dividends when national revenue was robust, now that economy is heading towards recession due to the dwindling revenue coupled past administrations looting spree and failure to save or diversify, you are demanding for democracy dividends.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by awa(m): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Bae, TA Orji and co should be probed and not fair Governors like Akpabio who tried a little.
Nigeria can't change overnight. ..
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
awa:

Bae, TA Orji and co should be probed and not fair Governors like Akpabio who tried a little.
Nigeria can't change overnight. ..

lol @ tried a little. I kinda agree with you even though I no understand the tried a little.
I love Akpabio and I think he did a good job in AKS, someone like TA Orji should be probed and never allowed to run for any political office again.
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by romme2u: 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
DedeNkem:

You're an id*iot!
Did you receive a bag of rice from Akpabio?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

e pained am since he did not receive the bag of rice.

oya come and collect rice (u better hurry, remember rice is now 20,000 - 25,000 per bag)
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by blackprowler: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
Nigeria the great! A country where one man will be put in charge of running the affairs of millions of people and "only him one" will try to take all the money of all the people and they will gather and worship him as a great man - an okosisi! Haha. Nigeria is a joke!

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by mikki123(m): 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
EFCC is pushing for the Islamisation of Nigeria... Let EFCC Investigate Kwankwaso, Shema, Aliyu, Yuguda, Yari and other Northerners
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by maasoap(m): 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
awa:

I am not from Akwa Ibom state but I have been to that state before and after Akpabio Governorship and all I have to say is that if 2% of all elected Officials over the years have done what Akpabio did in that state then Nigeria would have turn to Dubai.

I challenge Akwa Ibomites if they fail to rally round Akpabio by standing up in his defence they might never have such a proactive Governor anytime soonest.

This is why I feel Buhari's anti corruption war is biased. How can the likes of Tinubu and Amechi be there and EFCC would turn their searchlight on a fairly responsible man that worked for his State.

IF BUHARI CAN DO FOR NIGERIA WHAT AKPABIO DID FOR AKWA IBOM STATE THEN I WILL SINGLEHANDEDLY DEFEAT BH BOYS, NDA, IPOB & OIL PIPELINE VANDALS.

Where person dey work na there him dey chop from and na him make Oyibo call am WORK-CHOP.

I rest my case. Zombies oyaaa start insulting me now. Call me Ipob or NDA I don't care....
Just clap yourself for exposing the content of your fried grey matter. So, because Akpabio perform wonders according to your opinion, he shouldn't be asked why he stole so much with impunity from the state govt cover? Without looting, what he would get legitimately would be enough for him and his unborn grandchildren.
I think you should have asked for the evidence of stealing and looting instead of telling us how he performed than others.
And seriously, you want "Akwa Ibomites" to go on the streets to protests, for what again? That their hero is being asked questions on how he looted their resources? My opinion is this: they don't need you to tell them, they know where they stand concerning the man atrocities.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
DankemzI:
I Started Hating Sen. Akpabio When I Stumbled on a Document that Listed the Amount Spent on Commissioning of The Olympic Stadium #300 Miller.
I wanted to tender those documents, but Jobs will be Lost.
If he can be made to return those looted finds I'll believe PMB is truly fighting corruption.
And that his puppet in Hilltop Mansion should be ousted!
Akpabio is a criminal he single handedly sponsored kidnapping & murder of Akwa Ibom elites that spoke out!
He stole the Money meant for Ibom seaport
bro I guess you are indigene. later people will criticising FG for not building seaport in the east. with this money just imagine the kind of infrastructure it will give the state
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by bitingcool: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
wastedsperm:

Lol@ praying mantis
On a more serious note, the structure that enables an individual to dip his hand in the state's treasury without being questioned needs to be addressed first.
Even abroad, people will steal if there is an enabling environment to do so but there isn't. The structure makes it hard to tamper with public funds unjustly and so easily

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Orikinla(m): 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
Jibril659:
and some set of primitive homo sapiens will still defend him
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by amtaken(f): 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2016
Akwa Ibom used to be a transit state till Akpabio came and transformed it into a destination state.

Please leave Akpabio alone. Face Amechi, Tinubu and Fashola.
yjgm:

N108bn fraud: EFCC to seize Akpabio’s properties
August 7, 2016

Godswill Akpabio

Eniola Akinkuotu

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is intensifying investigation on ex-Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Sen. Godswill Akpabio, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt.

The EFCC is investigating allegations that the former governor embezzled N108bn during his tenure between 2007 and 2015.

Already, the anti-graft agency had written to five banks demanding information on Akwa Ibom State finances under Akpabio’s administration.

Similarly, the EFCC is making moves to invite key members of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly and serving commissioners, many of whom served during the ex-governor’s administration.

A source at the EFCC said, “We have written to Zenith Bank, Keystone Bank, FCMB, Skye Bank, and UBA demanding information on the state’s accounts. We are also inviting the accountant-general, the auditor-general, the Speaker and the clerk of the House of Assembly. We have traced some houses to the former governor in Lagos and Abuja and it is just a matter of time before we seize them.”

Akpabio was first quizzed by the commission’s detectives last year following series of petitions written against him.

The former governor, now the Senate Minority Leader, was accused of embezzling public funds while he was governor of the oil-rich state.

In March 2013, he was accused of giving N1m each to six chairmen of the Peoples Democratic Party from the South-South geopolitical zone that had converged on Port Harcourt for a party reconciliation session, telling them to use the money to “buy Mr Biggs.”

Few weeks ago, the Akwa Ibom State government had gone to a state High Court to get an interim order barring the EFCC from investigating Akpabio’s administration.

The Justice Ntong Ntong-led court on July 15 granted an interim injunction, restraining the EFCC, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, and the Inspector General of Police from investigating the finances of the Akwa Ibom State government.

The suit was filed on behalf of the state government by the state Attorney-General, Uwemedimo Nwoko, who also served under Akpabio and is believed to be loyal to the former governor.

However, following a motion on notice filed by the EFCC, the court on Friday, vacated the order of interim injunction restraining the EFCC from investigating the accounts of state.

The judge then adjourned the matter till October 19 for hearing of the preliminary objection of the EFCC alongside other applications.

In a June 22, 2015 petition to EFCC, an Abuja-based lawyer and activist, Leo Ekpenyong had accused Akpabio of sheer waste in office.

Among several other allegations, the petitioner alleged that between January and December 2014, the trio of Godswill Akpabio, a former aide to the governor and another associate made illegal but substantial withdrawals of cash from a designated state government-owned account with Zenith Bank with account number 101037588, amounting to N22.1bn.

When contacted on the telephone on Saturday, Akpabio’s spokesman, Mr. Aniete Ekong, said he was in a public place and promised to call back. However, he had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

http://punchng.com/n108bn-fraud-efcc-seize-akpabios-properties/
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Fourwinds: 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2016
oksy.. I dey come mske I read about Niger Deltanilitants
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by cupidhero(m): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Lol....No,i don't.
I don't think the juju man sef de commuinicate with man made gadgets. It is strange how we all forgot infamous T A Orji.
I smell air borne juju.
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Fourwinds: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
awa:

what a pity dat u are a citizen of Nigeria.

so where person dey work na e him dey chop.. ..was he not paid salaries and allowances.

so he should be praised for enriching himself with state resources rite...
Re: EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud by Fourwinds: 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
HIPROFILE:
A calculated move geared towards annihilating and tarnishing the image and personality of all PDP potential candidates for 2019 presidential election.

Is Akpabio the only past governor to probe? Where's Amaechi...Fashola etc corruption fighters my ass
what was GEJ doing when Tinubu was walking free....

nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Revolutionnow: Southwest Conspiring To Overthrow Buhari – Northern Group / Nigerians React To Amnesty Int'l Call On Ihierjirika, Minima, Badeh & Others / Ijaw People Must Produce Avengers, tompolo - Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.