Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me (8126 Views)

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / Ways You Are Making Life Hard For Yourself / Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by taryour(f): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
mumtriplet2:

I agree that am not a saint either.I have my own fault as well but he has never considered my age from day one.
He is 11 years older than me.

when he married me. .....I consult him before do anything, cook (before I cook I will ask him what he want to eat). ....I started it from day one because there is how I grew up. My parents can't do anything without discussion it .....

He beat me any time I made mistake instead of correcting me.
I called him one day told him how I feel .begged him to correct me in low tune but he said he can do what ever he likes.

He enjoy beating and ask for forgiveness after.

I have never been a burden to him,don't buy cloth unless we are traveling, have never send any money to my parents or relatives but he still claim that I steal and give my people his money.

my dear you are not in marriage but in a CAGE!!! and don't ever think this is going to change, NO way. it will go on till he makes sure you are 6 ft under the ground. then he will move onto the next available woman.

my question is, are you leaving your life for your parents and what the society will think of you? or you are living your life for YOU either ways the ball is in your court to flee for your freedom or remain in that bondage you have been made to believe is marriage.

this isn't a case of good husband turned bad. this particular man was born a beast only that he has human flesh on. so don't think you can change him.

Good luck to you.

by the way I can't believe you asking " should I stay or leave "
you know what? just stay and have the fun of your life. God is your strength.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by janvier27(m): 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2016
Madam, leave that man. And do that tactfully so you can come out with your life.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
leave him and start all over. U can still remarry. U can still find love. I cant believe is is 11yrs older than u and he behaves like a goon from india

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by HaneefahRN(f): 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
So sorry about your situation. You know what to do you just aren't ready or scared to. And pls stop praying for fruit of the womb with a loony. You are still quite young with a small job, have you any close relative, friend or sister figure anyone you trust enough to manage with till you find your feet?

Leave that man, speak up and let your parents know what's going on but maintain your stand if they insist you go back (some parents are that 'abnormal'), don't allow them ruin your life. And are you sure that woman you call 'mum' is really yours?

3 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by mumtriplet2: 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2016
Thanks everyone for your advice.

Am in my parents house now and hubby doesn't call me to know hw am doing......mom is doing everything to ensure I stay married include lying against me to my ANTY who raised me .
She went to he house told her that my husband called her and told her that he is not aware that I traveled (which is lie)...he only called to ask her if I return safely.
she also told them that she (my mom) is not aware that am coming home that she only saw me at my sister house( she is the one who told me to return after I explained things to her but I didn't tell her that I will not going back again) .....when I told her that am not going back she decided to turn me against my dad, sister and now my Anty.

Sometimes I wonder if she is my real mom.......she told them not tell tell me dat she came.(Tnx to my cuisine who called to inform me).

Am dying from depression.
Will I ever see reasons to smile again?

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by ahnie: 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
Your mum z a case.may God have mercy on her.guess she z the manipulative type!
Her avarice for material gains z outta this world.

Where exactly are you based in the north?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by serenegroup(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
I dislike reading stories like this. so cruel so touching. God help me to treat my future wife with love, affection and respect. op talk to your people and his people about what you're going through and talk to baba God too. I feel for you. you are too young to be going through this situation. it is well with you.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Nancy2016: 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
Fastpace:
Honestly u should have not think of what society or so called family will say and say NO to that marriage when u had d chance,if u are a christian u can leave only when u catch him cheatin red - handed, hence u hv to put up with this bitter marriage.i respect my parent but when it comes to matters that concern my future i make my final decision.
Parent are selfish alot nowadays.Pray to God,fast too for that man to change nothing is impossible for God.i feel ur pain.

So if she doesn't catch her husband cheating on her she should die in this loveless marriage? You should be very careful with the kind of advice you give to people.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
today i read this story and i felt really bad..... whats happening in this world and why are some men heartless.
your parents no try but God knows all

try to start afresh.... get a job even if its a sweeping job so you try standing on your own because it looks like your parents arent ready to do anything

things will be tough but you will be fine
i

God please i dont want sango husband o

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by baby124: 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
Lol, super story...
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by bennyrazz: 11:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
if only nagging and complaining can change a situation, the story of many Nigerians would have changed. Don't stand up and do something about your case, keep on nagging, enduring beatings. As a man, I dislike men that beat their wives. I don't see any reason why I should beat my wife. It is just crazy
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2016
Please leave both your husband and your devilish mum. Run away, just go somewhere else. Find true love. Nawa for some parents though undecided undecided undecided
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by thorpido(m): 10:23am On Aug 17, 2016
mumtriplet2:

Am in my parents house now and hubby doesn't call me to know hw am doing......mom is doing everything to ensure I stay married include lying against me to my ANTY who raised me .
She went to he house told her that my husband called her and told her that he is not aware that I traveled (which is lie)...he only called to ask her if I return safely.
she also told them that she (my mom) is not aware that am coming home that she only saw me at my sister house( she is the one who told me to return after I explained things to her but I didn't tell her that I will not going back again) .....when I told her that am not going back she decided to turn me against my dad, sister and now my Anty.

Sometimes I wonder if she is my real mom.......she told them not tell tell me dat she came.(Tnx to my cuisine who called to inform me).

Do you have any friend you could put up with for some time?Try and find a job even if it's a menial job.
You can leave your parents' house if you have someone to put up with.
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Pidggin(f): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2016
Here is my take from a Christian perspective : You need to endure your mum's harshness for a while since you don't have a choice now. Give yourself extra six months to learn a skill, sewing or hairdressing preferably.

While learning try making friends with people around you maybe one of them will be sympathetic and allow you share accommodation with them

Once you have acquired a skill, look for money and start your business. If you have a means of income 50% of your problems will be solved

As for your husband, please expose the way he treats you to his family members. Talk to your aunt one on one to win her over, if she loves you she will be on your side.

If your husband is not ready to stop beating you like the way he is doing now, you will be safer elsewhere until he changes.

Remember God hates divorce but he is not opposed to separation if you are experiencing this level of sadness in your marriage

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by ahnie: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2016
godsluvee:
Please leave both your husband and your devilish mum. [b]Run away, [/b]just go somewhere else. Find true love. Nawa for some parents though undecided undecided undecided
no be money them take dey run away?
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2016
ahnie:
no be money them take dey run away?
That's another problem.
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by ahnie: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2016
godsluvee:
That's another problem.

The matter get as E bee!
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by mumtriplet2: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2016
I have explain to her that I will not be a burden to her that I will go and look for job house maid or cleaner job but she said that is Ashawo work.

My dad in the other hand supported me and suggested that I will start a fresh and continue my Education but mum is against it.

My mum is soo proud that laughs at anybody that return from her husband house.

She is doing that to make sure I stay married no matter wat.
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by mumtriplet2: 11:39am On Aug 17, 2016
I have explain to her that I will not be a burden to her that I will go and look for job house maid or cleaner job but she said that is Ashawo work.

My dad in the other hand supported me and suggested that I will start a fresh and continue my Education but mum is against it.

She is doing that to make sure I stay married no matter wat.and my dad always support her.
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by ahnie: 11:48am On Aug 17, 2016
mumtriplet2:

She is doing that to make sure I stay married no matter wat.and my dad always support her.
sorry to say..your dad z tied to your mum's apron.your mum z the head of the family.madam**small handsome**which part of the north do you reside!pls answer me.
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Graxie(f): 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
How may I help you? Which state are you?
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by mumtriplet2: 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
ahnie:
sorry to say..your dad z tied to your mum's apron.your mum z the head of the family.madam**small handsome**which part of the north do you reside!pls answer me.

Jigawa state but am in Enugu now(Nsukka)
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Fastpace(f): 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pidggin:
Here is my take from a Christian perspective : You need to endure your mum's harshness for a while since you don't have a choice now. Give yourself extra six months to learn a skill, sewing or hairdressing preferably.

While learning try making friends with people around you maybe one of them will be sympathetic and allow you share accommodation with them

Once you have acquired a skill, look for money and start your business. If you have a means of income 50% of your problems will be solved

As for your husband, please expose the way he treats you to his family members. Talk to your aunt one on one to win her over, if she loves you she will be on your side.

If your husband is not ready to stop beating you like the way he is doing now, you will be safer elsewhere until he changes.

Remember God hates divorce but he is not opposed to separation if you are experiencing this level of sadness in your marriage
pls which part of the bible support 'separation'
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by mumtriplet2: 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
Graxie:
How may I help you? Which state are you?

Enugu state (Nsukka)
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Fastpace(f): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nancy2016:

So if she doesn't catch her husband cheating on her she should die in this loveless marriage? You should be very careful with the kind of advice you give to people.
That why being a true christian is not easy,there is nothing wrong with my advice.
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Pidggin(f): 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
Fastpace:
pls which part of the bible support 'separation'

Cor. 7:15
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Atakata(f): 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
mumtriplet2:

I wish I know u personally but no problem. it's never too late u can still pick up wat ever is left and start afresh.u see that beast u call ur husband ,don't go back to him and as 4 ur mum ignore her if u can and damn the consequences. learn to ignore wat d society or ur mum will say.I wish u get my kind of heart, get urself busy with job or handwork and always pray to God cos there is power in the tongue.d day my ex slapped me,he never knew dat very moment he slapped Lo out of LOVE. it is only God dat can save you.
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Nancy2016: 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
Fastpace:
That why being a true christian is not easy,there is nothing wrong with my advice.

I don't think I quoted you but if you think being a true christian is letting your spouse beat you to death or not divorcing an abusive spouse, then I had rather follow my own kind of Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Fastpace(f): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nancy2016:

I don't think I quoted you but if you think being a true christian is letting your spouse beat you to death or not divorcing an abusive spouse, then I had rather follow my own kind of Christianity.
ok
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by wonyi: 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
ahnie:

Madam**small handsome****

YOU SOUND PERFECT
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
mumtriplet2:

Are you working? Do you have any savings? Can you rent an apartment without anyone your family knowing? If not,Do you have a friends' house you can stay in? You need to take a break to get yourself back together. If this man eventually kills you, people will still blam you for staying. You are still young and can build yourself up.
Re: Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me by Slimmos(m): 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
Since u are still young and hav no child yet, I will advice to divorce him and start a new life. U can never hav ur freedom and progress in such a man's house. Dear, run for ur dear life!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple In Arlington,tx In Trouble For Keeping Slaves. / Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations / How Safe Is Ikorodu In Recent Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.