Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded (984 Views)

Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth / Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola / Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by shegzee43: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
Once I got back from work recently, I attempted move my car but noticed it that on reverse, it was not moving freely. Driving forward also, I was hearing some heavy sounds from the front wheel. I quickly ran to my usual Mechanic, who claimed that the car caliper was bad. We got another and fixed a new set of brake pad. However funny enough, after all the changes, I kept hearing the same wobbling sound, this time lightly.

A week after, the issue resurfaces in similar magnitude. Also one of the front wheels get so hot whenever I force acceleration.

How do I fix this issue please?
Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
shegzee43:
Once I got back from work recently, I attempted move my car but noticed it that on reverse, it was not moving freely. Driving forward also, I was hearing some heavy sounds from the front wheel. I quickly ran to my usual Mechanic, who claimed that the car caliper was bad. We got another and fixed a new set of brake pad. However funny enough, after all the changes, I kept hearing the same wobbling sound, this time lightly.

A week after, the issue resurfaces in similar magnitude. Also one of the front wheels get so hot whenever I force acceleration.

Replace Brake master, it could also be a failing abs pump unit

1 Like

Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by ujuesther: 2:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks! You may be very correct. The ABS indication has refused to clear off my dashboard after the mechanic replaced the caliper. Please what's the brake master?
Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
ujuesther:

Thanks! You may be very correct. The ABS indication has refused to clear off my dashboard after the mechanic replaced the caliper. Please what's the brake master?

Is ujuesther and shegzee43 sam person?
Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by shegzee43: 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Is ujuesther and shegzee43 sam person?
ujuesther is my wife's account
Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by Aidenehi: 1:31am On Aug 09, 2016
Do you have issues figuring out where to purchase high quality auto parts? Worry no more as #PARTBOYZ AUTO PARTS is here to solve your problems. Purchase high quality Oil filters, Air filters, Brake pads, Shock absorbers, all kinds of motor lubricants etc @ affordable prices.
We are located at Gbagada mechanic village, Lagos, Nigeria or call 08171449656.
Visit us today and you'd be glad you did.
Thanks
Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2016
ujuesther:

possibly damaged wheel speed sensor. A scan will reveal

1 Like

Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by ujuesther: 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
You're quite correct GAZZUZZ. I have a had a scan done already and the results read as follow:

1. RIGHT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR OPEN OR SHORT- Permanent
2. LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR OPEN OR SHORT- Permanent

Do you suggest that the issues are enough to produce such sound? The expert I consulted is claiming that the Rotor is damaged.

Please, I need your help
Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
ujuesther:

You're quite correct GAZZUZZ. I have a had a scan done already and the results read as follow:

1. RIGHT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR OPEN OR SHORT- Permanent
2. LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR OPEN OR SHORT- Permanent

Do you suggest that the issues are enough to produce such sound? The expert I consulted is claiming that the Rotor is damaged.

Please, I need your help

clear codes, drive 500meters, re scan. Rotor damage is based on technicians physical inspection, I cannot tell remotely. You will have to depend on his diagnosis or seek a second opinion
Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by ujuesther: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

clear codes, drive 500meters, re scan. Rotor damage is based on technicians physical inspection, I cannot tell remotely. You will have to depend on his diagnosis or seek a second opinion

Second opinion? What could that be sir?
Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
ujuesther:

Second opinion? What could that be sir?

another car doctor wink
Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by lonelydora: 12:16am On Aug 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Exactly. Op, you can also check the "brake hose" on that particular wheel that gets so hot. The hose may be blocked.
Re: A Scary Wobbling sound From The Front Wheel Of My 05 Accord. Expert Advice Neded by DECOtech(m): 1:09am On Aug 10, 2016
shegzee43:

Don't forget to inspect the hub assembly for broken bearings

(1) (Reply)

A Very Strong Hyundai Car For Sale / Want To Buy A Corolla Shock Absorber / See The Fastest RWD (rear Wheel Drive) Car In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.