Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today (49864 Views)

The Bush Animal A Man Caught And Slaughtered This Morning For Breakfast (Pics) / Photos : See The Big Fishes This Nairalander Bought In Lagos / What I Saw In My Village Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
Was Jesus on his BOAT grin
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaci02:
These fishes are too young for harvesting. They ought to be left for some time so they can attain adulthood and full size.

That's the problem with Nigeria, you see a picture like this and everyone start thinking about their stomach and appetite. The most important question is what about tomorrow, the fisherman shouldn't be surprised when he goes back to the river another day and comes back empty.

Those young fishes he just caught should have been allowed to mature and reproduce so that in future there will be more. That's how sustainability and growth is achieved. And not by eat today and forget tomorrow.
they look like undergraduates abi....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by PurestBoy(m): 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2016
Animal cruelty . . this man should be arrested for illegally killing the fish(es)

1 Like

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by Nusaf: 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
He should have been okay with the matured fish and allow those fingerlins to grow. Is just that most of our laws in Nigeria are in abeyance or there are no strict enforcement agencies otherwise this is against the fishing regulation.

2 Likes

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by free2ryhme: 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2016
he caught those fishes because he is a fisherman

1 Like

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by Enyimbamercedes: 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
Good for the pocket of the fisherman, bad for long-term sustainability. Some of those fish should have been thrown back. They are clearly too small but because he practices drag net fishing probably with a small mesh net, he catches all sizes. In a few years, there will be no fish in the river, then the village hero will be the village zero...just needed a word that rhymes with hero.

3 Likes

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by KAYD007(m): 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaci02:
These fishes are too young for harvesting. They ought to be left for some time so they can attain adulthood and full size.

That's the problem with Nigeria, you see a picture like this and everyone start thinking about their stomach and appetite. The most important question is what about tomorrow, the fisherman shouldn't be surprised when he goes back to the river another day and comes back empty.

Those young fishes he just caught should have been allowed to mature and reproduce so that in future there will be more. That's how sustainability and growth is achieved. And not by eat today and forget tomorrow.

seconded!!

2 Likes

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by osjoshua(m): 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaci02:

was it the guys fault?
The fishes definitely wanna bless him, tell me u havnt eaten small fish b4, thats why the prices are different bro....
If i were u, i'll jump up n join him as a fisher man..

1 Like

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by islandmoon: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2016
Op! Is that you in the 3rd pic? You are a hero now!! Garfield is a Hero Now!!!
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by sharrp: 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
islandmoon:
Op! Is that you in the 3rd pic? You are a hero now!! Garfield is a Hero Now!!!
Jesus!!! , abeg oh haha. No be me oh. Nah my village man
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by Onegai(f): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2016
mightyhaze:
guy, cooluo down.

How u take knw say the fish young? U no dey eat geisha and sardines? No let size deceive u

Moreover if d guy no catch dem,another fisherman go catch dem. Even other sea animals and birds fit even catch dem d next minute,..so chill.

You're wrong. Those fish don't look full-grown and overfishing is a big deal. You catch all the fish today and tomorrow there is nothing to eat. He should have left some because he cannot even sell off this much in a week and I'm sure he doesn't have access to proper commercial storage. So it will rot and be a waste. And seagulls and other animals will never overfish to the extent Man does. Nature abhors imbalance...

Or is this too much English for you? Should I just let you fill your belly today and then wail about hunger tomorrow? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by lieutenantHaven: 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
Fingerlings.

1 Like

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by Louiscutedude(m): 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
The man who wore black dat fold his hand @ d back of dat man dat kill d fishes b lyk meeen hw which I can steal dis fishes naaa

1 Like

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by Handsomecole(m): 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2016
There are the remaining fishes from the feeding of the five thousand.

1 Like

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by brojoshua: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
Every place is blessed with one thing or another and even with many things all by God and so we bless God for all His blessings to us
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by lukency(m): 1:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
Your village no get name.
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by makdcash(m): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sigh!

jaci02:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by goingape1: 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaci02:

when a Devil is preaching, confusion takes centre stage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by niffymizzy(m): 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaci02:

U nailed it!!!!
Please tell 'em!!!
Start up a campaign on this!!!
I believe in u!!!!
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by PrinceEvolution(m): 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
many nairalanders are on auto complain..i wonder..
jaci02:

Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by daviddagreat: 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
sexymoma:
it is called grace... do you think his mate wouldn't have been there that same day with no single fish with them...if hustling hard could make one rich, i bet you my mum would be one if the most richest in this country.

no agreement there

buh he found the grace cos he hustled

I don't think it wud have happened if he remained at home lazing around
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by pippimp(m): 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2016
See food wey person go chop for grand. Smh.
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by sexymoma(f): 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
daviddagreat:

no agreement there

buh he found the grace cos he hustled

I don't think it wud have happened if he remained at home lazing around
tell me those poor pple hustling hard on the street... are you gonna tell me dey are lazy too
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by daviddagreat: 3:04pm On Aug 10, 2016
sexymoma:
tell me those poor pple hustling hard on the street... are you gonna tell me dey are lazy too

dear if truly u understand the concept of grace u talking about then wud get wat I mean

let me repeat it this way wen u refuse work there is a good Chance grace wud not locate u
buh wen u hustle with God on ur side it will surely pay

not every body dat hustle get wat they want buh u stand a better of getting wat u want wen u hustle for it

It doesn't get simpler Dan dis . if u still don't get it
then having this conversation is pointless
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by opey112(m): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaci02:

Your oyinbo too much.
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by maasoap(m): 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2016
Onegai:

You're wrong. Those fish don't look full-grown and overfishing is a big deal.
Many fish can't even reach that size when matured.
[/quote] You catch all the fish today and tomorrow there is nothing to eat.[/quote]
Fish breed hundreds of thousands of eggs, many are still in the water. May be you think that was the first he caught fish that many?
[/quote] He should have left some because he cannot even sell off this much in a week and I'm sure he doesn't have access to proper commercial storage.[/quote]
He's fisherman, fish sellers would buy it from him, it may not even be enough for just one buyer in a day.
[/quote] So it will rot and be a waste. And seagulls and other animals will never overfish to the extent Man does. Nature abhors imbalance...

Or is this too much English for you? Should I just let you fill your belly today and then wail about hunger tomorrow? undecided[/quote]
You knew nothing about fishing business.
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by july66: 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2016
sharrp:
All the fishes were caught by one man in my villa today

more

the man

more
No big fish for river again because una don catch them young. If na oyibo man he go throw the small ones back make them mature but to black man all of them na fish.
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by samazagudu(m): 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
he is lucky and he try in place where the fresh water fish is very scarce. but some place i have seen two men with a two flank canoe full of catfish. though it depends on type of fishing.
man God bless your hustle .
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by Redman36(m): 4:08pm On Aug 10, 2016
hope the man in the poster behind him na PDP
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by cardoctor(m): 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
I dey go change my profession.
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by ibkgab001: 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2016
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2016 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.
Re: The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today by armadeo(m): 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2016
This is what happens when you go to " school".

Lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happened To MR BIGGS? / See The Little Potatoe I Bought For 1K Today (pic) / "What A Lady Found Inside 5 Alive" - NewsEveryHour.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.