Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. (1953 Views)

"We Won’t Return" - Abducted Chibok Girls Say In New Boko Haram Video / "No Attacks On Mosques" - Abu Al-Barnawi, New Boko Haram Leader / ISIS Announces Abu Musab Al-Barnawi As New Boko Haram Leader To Replace Shekau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by OneOpinion: 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2016
7th August, 2016

PRESS RELEASE:

MURIC TO NEW BOKO HARAM LEADER:

LEAVE CHRISTIANS ALONE

The new leader of Boko Haram insurgents, Abu Mus’ab Al-Barnawi, has called for the killing of Christians and the blowing up of churches.      

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) expresses total bewilderment at the depth of barbarism in the recent hate speech emanating from the leadership of Boko Haram. It is totally despicable and exceptionally criminal to target fellow products of the Adamic chromosome for annihilation. We have no doubt that this call could only have come from a twisted mind.

Islam is love, not hatred. Islam gives life, not death. It builds and does not destroy. The Glorious Qur’an only allows Muslims to fight in self-defence (Qur’an 2:190). It forbids unjust and unlawful killing (Qur’an 6:151). It compares anyone who kills his fellow man to one who kills allhomo sapiens (Qur’an 5:32).

We remind the Boko Haram coercion ideologues of the moderate posture of the Glorious Qur’an towards non-Muslims. Qur’an 2:256 says there should be no compulsion in religion (Laa ikraahun fil diin).

Qur’an 10:99 completely sweeps the carpet off the feet of agents of belligerence as it declares, “So you forcefully compel people to believe in Allah? But they would all have believed if Allah had wanted it so!”

Our differences in matters of faith are therefore part of the deliberate and grand design of the Divine Creator. Allah also affirms in Qur’an 11:118 that there would still have been differences even if the whole world follows a single religion. So what is special about belonging to a particular religion if we do not share love?        

This is why Allah reminded Prophet Muhammad to limit his mission to reminding people and never to make any attempt at controlling people’s lives (Qur’an 88:21 – 22).

MURIC charges Muslims all over the world to limit their religious zeal to the true dictates of Islam as reflected in the verses of the Glorious Qur’an lest they transgress. They should leave those who reject Islam alone. Our hypothesis is that Allah did not give anyone the assignment to punish those who reject Islam.

This is reflected in Allah’s own words in Qur’an 88:23 – 26, “They (i.e. the non-Muslims) are coming back to Us and We will call them to account”. We therefore assert firmly, authoritatively and unequivocally that nobody can perform Allah’s role for Him.   

As we round up, we reaffirm our readiness to peacefully coexist with our Christian neighbours. We reject hate speeches and their authors whether from Boko Haram or the Islamic State (ISIS). The directive to attack Western interests is antithetical to the non-racial and pax vobiscum leaning of Islam.

We call on the Nigerian public and the rest of the world to separate criminals from their religion and desist from stereotyping Muslims as terrorists or their sympathizers. In this regard, we welcome the recent pronouncement of Pope Francis in which he urged the world to stop equating Islam with terrorism.

Although we are aware that Boko Haram is technically defeated, militarily debilitated and spiritually demobilized, it is not over until it is over. Nigeria’s security agencies still need to beef up security around Christian clerics and heighten vigilance in churches around the country.

Finally, we urge Muslims in the country to demonstrate solidarity with their Christian neighbours by ensuring that Boko Haram elements are not allowed to launch attacks on Christians in their neighbourhood. We have a duty to defend our Christian neighbours at this critical stage. This is the way to keep Nigeria united.

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director, 
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by MrKong: 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
Mischief makers
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by ibson99(m): 8:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
Waiting for Ugandans to come an start showing their ignorance. Anyone who still doesent understand the difference between muslims and these terrorists seeking to destroy Islam can only be described as a Igbo

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by mbhs139(m): 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
MrKong:
Mischief makers

"...and be upright, and do not follow the way of the mischiefmakers” (Quran 7:142)

"...We will add punishment to their punishment, on account of the mischief they used to make" (Quran 16:88)

Now, the above quotes are to let you know that mischief is antithetical to Islam.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by MrKong: 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
mbhs139:

"...and be upright, and do not follow the way of the mischiefmakers” (Quran 7:142)

"...We will add punishment to their punishment, on account of the mischief they used to make" (Quran 16:88)

Now, the above quotes are to let you know that mischief is antithetical to Islam.

And you think I don't know that?...I made the comment, didn't I?
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by sankky: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
.....lf All barnawi is projecting Islam in bad light, that means he is an enemy Islam.So I ask : at what point exactly do Muslims issue fatwa on people who openly desecrate their religion?
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by sankky: 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
.....lf Al Barnawi is projecting Islam in bad light, that means he is an enemy Islam.So I ask : at what point exactly do Muslims issue fatwa on people who openly desecrate their religion?

1 Like

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by Silverstars: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
We should be seeing more of this. It's rather disheartening that at the height of the Boko haram crisis they did not say anything.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by ibson99(m): 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
sankky:
.....lf Al Barnawi is projecting Islam in bad light, that means he is an enemy Islam.So I ask : at what point exactly do Muslims issue fatwa on people who openly desecrate their religion?
wat is dis one saying? How many times have you heard" ISIS and Bokoharam are not muslims, they are enemies of Islam". muslims say it everyday you just have to choose to listen.
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by greatgod2012(f): 8:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
With this now, do we now conclude that those who claims to be fighting for Allah, those who claim they will be rewarded with 72 virgins in heaven if they kill all infidels are misinterpreting the holy Qur'an or what?

Or are they just plainly wicked using the Holy Qur'an to justify their barbarisms.
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by mastermaestro(m): 8:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
Too late to start writing epistles. undecided We all know what inspires them. Now...

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by greatgod2012(f): 8:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
And then, one quick question to MURIC, how do you justify or explain the popular saying that " all terrorists are Muslims but not all Muslims are terrorists "
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by tsdarkside(m): 8:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
sai.....

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by tsdarkside(m): 9:02pm On Aug 07, 2016
ibson99:
Waiting for Ugandans to come an start showing their ignorance. Anyone who still doesent understand the difference between muslims and these terrorists seeking to destroy Islam can only be described as a Igbo

hmm....the wailing wall of the south-yeast!!.....welll...i dont think their is much you can do about them...they have the democratical right to wail till kingdom comes...

just look that they dont confuse you from facts!!!!....
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by mbhs139(m): 9:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
MrKong:

And you think I don't know that?...I made the comment, didn't I?

Sorry, I thought you didn't, so I had to remind you. Thank you.
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by BeClever: 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2016
MURIC hypocrites, if a Christian comes to marry you daughter, will you agree?

Peaceful coexistence my axss..
You hate speech over the years and your wicked preaching is what nourished the devil inside the minds of Boko-idiots..

Please don't tell me abt Yoloba Muslims. .we all know what useless Shekau thinks about them..

1 Like

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by CACAWA(m): 12:54am On Aug 08, 2016
BeClever:

You hate speech over the years and your wicked preaching is what nourished the devil inside the minds of Boko-idiots..

Please don't tell me abt Yoloba Muslims. .we all know what useless Shekau thinks about them..
to be honest...your comment is the type of fanatic comment that comes from the pit of BokoHaram terrorist group...intolerant and malicious.

Sensible Nigerians are trying to remain united, but you cannot help but display disdain for Muslims. At the end of the day, you will be the one to suffer migraine.

Is it not the new CAN president that has been screaming that Christians are being persecuted...when last did you hear a Muslim leader accusing Christians of plotting against Islam? Why do we always like to create a divide? Why must we help western-influenced terrorism to divide and weaken us as a people? Count the number of churches along Lagos p-Ibadan express way, count the number of pastors that own private jets, are Muslims complaining? Do Muslims cry when RCCG blocks the main expressway during their monthly holyghost nights?

To be honest I think Muslims have been to be as tolerant as possible. Ekiti State has many Muslims, but the governor and deputy governor are Christians. Some northern states have Christian governors, even PMB's SSG is a Christian northerner. Tinubu picked a Christian to replace Fashola. Both Tinubu, Fashola and even the Oyo Governor are Muslims, but they married Christians. Now tell me why our brothers in the SouthEast cannot do that.

Do Ibo Catholics even allow their daughters to marry Pentecostal Yorubas?

Will Pastor Adeboye allow his member marry a Muslim?
Was it not the Sultan of sokoto last week that was advocating for inter religious marriages while Adeboye was telling members who and who not to marry and telling men not to keep beards like "al-Qaeda"?

Please if you have a specific hatred for Islam, it is between you and your local pastor who preaches hate.

4 Likes

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by BeClever: 1:30am On Aug 08, 2016
[s]
CACAWA:
to be honest...your comment is the type of fanatic comment that comes from the pit of BokoHaram terrorist group...intolerant and malicious.

Sensible Nigerians are trying to remain united, but you cannot help but display disdain for Muslims. At the end of the day, you will be the one to suffer migraine.

Is it not the new CAN president that has been screaming that Christians are being persecuted...when last did you hear a Muslim leader accusing Christians of plotting against Islam? Why do we always like to create a divide? Why must we help western-influenced terrorism to divide and weaken us as a people? Count the number of churches along Lagos p-Ibadan express way, count the number of pastors that own private jets, are Muslims complaining? Do Muslims cry when RCCG blocks the main expressway during their monthly holyghost nights?

To be honest I think Muslims have been to be as tolerant as possible. Ekiti State has many Muslims, but the governor and deputy governor are Christians. Some northern states have Christian governors, even PMB's SSG is a Christian northerner. Tinubu picked a Christian to replace Fashola. Both Tinubu, Fashola and even the Oyo Governor are Muslims, but they married Christians. Now tell me why our brothers in the SouthEast cannot do that.

Do Ibo Catholics even allow their daughters to marry Pentecostal Yorubas?

Will Pastor Adeboye allow his member marry a Muslim?
Was it not the Sultan of sokoto last week that was advocating for inter religious marriages while Adeboye was telling members who and who not to marry and telling men not to keep beards like "al-Qaeda"?

Please if you have a specific hatred for Islam, it is between you and your local pastor who preaches hate.
[/s]

Rants oh rants...

I have always resisted arguing with a Yoruba Muslim..

So rant... I maintain my position on the matter..

Continue ranting.. ..
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 08, 2016
BeClever:
[s][/s]

Rants oh rants...

I have always resisted arguing with a Yoruba Muslim..
So rant... I maintain my position on the matter..
Continue ranting.. ..
he has some valid points

1 Like

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 08, 2016
BeClever:

When a Christian or a Jewish lady marries a Muslim man – The family of the husband, will not abuse or insult any of her Prophets – because in Islam, we believe in all the Prophets of the Jews and the Christians. What Prophets they believe in, we believe in. We both believe in Adam, in Noah, in David, in Moosa,
in Isaa (May peace be upon them) By this reason when a Christian lady enters a Muslim family, she will not be ridiculed.

But the vice-versa – if a Muslim lady goes to a
family of a Christian or a Jew, natural, they do
not believe in Prophet Muhammed (May peace be
upon him), and she will be ridiculed.
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 08, 2016
greatgod2012:
And then, one quick question to MURIC, how do you justify or explain the popular saying that " all terrorists are Muslims but not all Muslims are terrorists "

Its not true that all terrorist are Muslim. Its just the selfishness of the media. When terroristic attack is carried by non Muslim, they make it a brief new while if carried by so called Muslim it Will be a breaking news.

Let me prove my point

1. The Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church Shooting
Jim David Adkisson, a devout Christian and anti-abortion right-winger, walked into a Knoxville church on July 27th, 2008, and began firing a shotgun at children who were performing Annie Jr.

2. The Massacre At Zion Emmanuel AME Church in Charleston, S.C. On Wednesday, June 17th 2015 a man rose from a pew in the historically black Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, SC, and opened fire with a .45 caliber pistol, killing nine worshipers, including pastor and State Senator Clementa Pickiney.

3. Wisconsin Sikh Temple massacre, Aug. 5, 2012 .
The virulent, neocon-fueled Islamophobia that has
plagued post-9/11 America has not only posed a
threat to Muslims, it has had deadly consequences
for people of other faiths.

4. Japan knife attack July 2016 Satoshi Uematsu, a 26-year-old kill disabled people left at least 19 dead and 26 others injured after a knife attack at a care facility
in Japan .

5. Jo Cox MP death: Thomas Mair June 2016

I can continue if you want. Terrorism respect no religion, tribe, or country.
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by Blackfire(m): 4:41am On Aug 08, 2016
This MURI people just quoted top surface-sugar -coating-hayat to keep there troubled or rather the evil of there religion..

Mind u a yoruba muslim is not a true muslim according to the north who brought them the religion.

Just watch as the same al taqiya yoruba muslim here supporting MURI, will turn around and attack the same christains they are claiming to protect.

Watch how they called christains 'neighbour' not brother/sister, in islam it is an HARAM/ABOMINATION to call a christain or jew a friend or brother.

2. Islam dosent mean peace , it means to SUBMIT AS A SLAVE(ABD) TO AL-ILLAH(ALLAH).

3.how can u a yoruba muslim interpret the al quran kareem bettter than ISIS whose leader is a PHD holder in quran, or BOKO HARAM in the north who brought u the islam.

4.all the verses that was quoted, i hope u know there is what we called ABROGATION in islam... And if we should ask u to read the whole verses, hope u wont be ashamed to see the tears, sorrows and blood.

A fanatic muslim wants to behead u, a moderate muslim wants him to behaed u,so that that he/she can stylishly defend his brother..is all part of the 'deen' and 'ladah'

*i made my points,but if u insult me, i swear by the female and male jinns that lives in the toilet,that thunder will fire u.*

asalam walaiykum jamah.

Shkr.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by sankky: 6:11am On Aug 08, 2016
Oga the bone of contention is the word FATWA . please address it and leave all these rigmaroles. I am sure u know what FATWA means , don't you?

quote author=ibson99 post=48285077] wat is dis one saying? How many times have you heard" ISIS and Bokoharam are not muslims, they are enemies of Islam". muslims say it everyday you just have to choose to listen. [/quote]
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by BeClever: 10:29am On Aug 08, 2016
[s]
FriendChoice:

When a Christian or a Jewish lady marries a Muslim man – The family of the husband, will not abuse or insult any of her Prophets – because in Islam, we believe in all the Prophets of the Jews and the Christians. What Prophets they believe in, we believe in. We both believe in Adam, in Noah, in David, in Moosa,
in Isaa (May peace be upon them) By this reason when a Christian lady enters a Muslim family, she will not be ridiculed.

But the vice-versa – if a Muslim lady goes to a
family of a Christian or a Jew, natural, they do
not believe in Prophet Muhammed (May peace be
upon him), and she will be ridiculed.
[/s]

Imagine what you are saying, so biased..
Whether someone is ridiculed or not does not necessarily associate with their religion but, the persons attitude towards the family she is going into..

Meanwhile, you definitely won't comprehend what I am saying since you are Yoruba Muslim..

1 Like

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 08, 2016
BeClever:
[s][/s]

Imagine what you are saying, so biased..
Whether someone is ridiculed or not does not necessarily associate with their religion but, the persons attitude towards the family she is going into..

Meanwhile, you definitely won't comprehend what I am saying since you are Yoruba Muslim..

Let me just leave you, even when I clearly show you the truth, you're still blind. You Christians made it a habit to insult Prophet of Islam (Peace Be Upon Him). Even here on Nairaland you people do that, on Facebook and other social media. But now you're denying the fact that "it does not necessarily associate with their religion ".

Also you said what matters "the persons attitude towards the family she is going into". She is now into Christian family, even if the Husband has avoided that, relatives of the husband like you won't.

I thought you want to understand why Muslim lady are not allow to marry Christian, but I now realised you ask just to argue.

Yoruba Muslim or what you call it is your own Business, you never know my tribe and you're saying it. This is foolish act. Nomatter which tribe am, I shall be Proud to be a Muslim. I'm not yoruba. nonsense
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by cheruv: 11:15am On Aug 08, 2016
ibson99:
And its treason for Igbos to join Islam
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by JimiOgunlola: 11:20am On Aug 08, 2016
FriendChoice:

Let me just leave you, even when I clearly show you the truth, you're still blind. You Christians made it a habit to insult Prophet of Islam (Peace Be Upon Him). Even here on Nairaland you people do that, on Facebook and other social media. But now you're denying the fact that "it does not necessarily associate with their religion ".

Also you said what matters "the persons attitude towards the family she is going into". She is now into Christian family, even if the Husband has avoided that, relatives of the husband like you won't.

I thought you want to understand why Muslim lady are not allow to marry Christian, but I now realised you ask just to argue.

Yoruba Muslim or what you call it is your own Business, you never know my tribe and you're saying it. This is foolish act. Nomatter which tribe am, I shall be Proud to be a Muslim. I'm not yoruba. nonsense

You dirty muslims cannot give your daughters to Christians but you want Christians to give you daughters to give you their daughters so you can infect them with stupid diseases.
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by cheruv: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2016
greatgod2012:
With this now, do we now conclude that those who claims to be fighting for Allah, those who claim they will be rewarded with 72 virgins in heaven if they kill all infidels are misinterpreting the holy Qur'an or what?

Or are they just plainly wicked using the Holy Qur'an to justify their barbarisms.
Even the 72 virgins...with what would they razzle them?

Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

You dirty muslims cannot give your daughters to Christians but you want Christians to give you daughters to give you their daughters so you can infect them with stupid diseases.

The reason is, if Muslim man married a Christian Jesus will be respected unlike the other way.

When. it comes to cleanness then you are deceiving yourself. Muslim are far far cleaner than you. we don't smell like goats. We purify ourselves unlike you.

The rate at which you people contact HIV disease cannot be compared to Muslim. Most Christian make it a culture to engage in premarital affairs as normal.
Re: MURIC Replies The New Boko Haram Leader. by usba: 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2016
Now that is the position of majority of Muslims, we have no beef with Christians

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Ambushed Nigerian Troops. Many BH feared dead / conduct election : Akoko Afama / itsekiri/oke ogun state / What If Yoruba And Igbo Share A Common Lineage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.